Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mickthepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I don't know what it is, but the following phrases when called out in the game translate to "You're screwed":

"Five times the fun!". When you hear this, it's curtains.
    "Supercharger ready". Get ready for a right outlane drain.

I have no idea what it is about these phrases but I shudder when I hear them.

#2 11 years ago

A lot of times when my bk2k scream " you can do it. You can do it".... It turns out...I can't

#3 11 years ago

Any mention of a lit extra ball usually does it for me

#4 11 years ago

My personal favorite is the immediate drain after the extra ball is awarded, and the shoot again is lit.

#5 11 years ago

Mine is push play to start. After that, I'm doomed!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

Any mention of a lit extra ball usually does it for me

Same. Its just to much pressure.

#7 11 years ago

Fast scoring on IM. Normally means Fast Death!

#8 11 years ago

"You must re-dock!" means "You will lose your multi-ball!"

#9 11 years ago

Draining all balls immediately after multiball starts..

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I thought that was just me. I'm glad I'm not alone.

#11 11 years ago

Um, how about, "Powerball!"

#12 11 years ago

Seems when someone says. "you've made finals" everything goes to crap for me.

#13 11 years ago

When 'Q' says 'let's play a little game'

#14 11 years ago

Wow I think I need glasses. When I first read the title, I thought it was "pinball cruise", lol.

That might be interesting, though...

#15 11 years ago

I believe there is a curse on my tf. Every time double scoring starts....drain. It's uncanny. Now if anyone can come up with a way to take away the curses...then we got something. Yeah I know, Learn to play better

#16 11 years ago

my TAF has a cursed tour de mansion for sure. everytime i get to it i drain within 30 secs. very strange since usually i get a lot of time on a ball

#17 11 years ago

Mine is, "There he is" and "Let's try the next tunnel!". Every damn time...

#18 11 years ago

Any sort of countdown, lol.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Mine is, "There he is" and "Let's try the next tunnel!". Every damn time...

"There he is!" - [drain]

"Shoot the Snackbar!" - [double drain]

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

My personal favorite is the immediate drain after the extra ball is awarded, and the shoot again is lit.

This happens to me all of the time. Isn't it ironic?

#21 11 years ago

"Up to the top for Jackpot!"

#22 11 years ago

"Welcome to the Carpathians!"

And when I had a WH20, the sound of Bigfoot freaking out at the start of the Bigfoot Hot Foot seemed to turn on the gravity multiplier.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Yes, that happens to me A LOT!!!!

#24 11 years ago

Anytime the display starts showing me the "Highest Score" when I am close to it, it makes me do a double take and mentally do the math against what I have now.

I then start freaking out, "am I close?", and that inevitably causes me to lose the ball.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Anytime the display starts showing me the "Highest Score" when I am close to it, it makes me do a double take and mentally do the math against what I have now.
    I then start freaking out, "am I close?", and that inevitably causes me to lose the ball.

Wow I suffer from the same affliction!

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Wow I think I need glasses. When I first read the title, I thought it was "pinball cruise", lol.

That might be interesting, though...

For half a second I thought, a pinball cruise, what a great idea! Then I thought about the ball skating all over the playfield as the boat rocked.

#28 11 years ago

Pinball cruise , where is the sign up sheet?

#29 11 years ago

Good thread!

#30 11 years ago

Mine is " WELCOME TO WET WILLY'S!"

#31 11 years ago

"My ruby is yours"

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

A lot of times when my bk2k scream " you can do it. You can do it".... It turns out...I can't

Every damn time. followed closely by HAHAHAHA.

#33 11 years ago

"ROOOOYAL MADNESS!" *DUN DUN! DUN DUN! dun dun. dun!*

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

But when you do Mojozone it's always grand

#35 11 years ago

In Doctor Who whenever the Time Expander is counting down...I choke every time.

#36 11 years ago

"Almost there!" in RBION

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't know what it is, but the following phrases when called out in the game translate to "You're screwed":
    "Five times the fun!". When you hear this, it's curtains.
    I have no idea what it is about these phrases but I shudder when I hear them.

We talked about this when I was there.

Mine is "The Curse of the Extra Ball"

Whenever I actually shoot a shot to gain an extra ball, I normally promptly drain within a few seconds

#38 11 years ago

Huge bonus to collect... TILT, Who set the tilt on this machine! Oh yeah, I did.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Huge bonus to collect... TILT, Who set the tilt on this machine! Oh yeah, I did.

I've pulled this trick more than a few times. I've also tilted in frustration after a nice ball with a large bonus to collect. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

#40 11 years ago

T2..... HURRY...RUN....

That always amps up the spazz meter for me.

#41 11 years ago

Mine is always right after Double Scoring is lit on Tron, and always after Zuse calls out "Libations for everybody!" The ball drains and he proceeds to laugh at me.

#42 11 years ago

"Oh no" after the ball doesnt make it all the way up the freeze ramp on my Demo man, usually its SDTM...

#43 11 years ago

"The seventh symbol has been encoded"

OR

The wind blowing for sandstorm

"Millions!!!!" from Cyclone

And anytime I have one drop target on the lower target of Black Hole.

/end talking machines I own

2 weeks later
    #44 11 years ago

OMG! I've taken my pinball curse and made an everyday expression of it! 'It's like lighting the Special, and never even getting another flipper on the ball!'

My other one is any time there's a spinner in the middle of the board, if the ball comes through it from the top, I'm screwed! But they're kind of designed that way.

#45 11 years ago

"Ooh, jackpot!"

Taxi

#46 11 years ago

Nothing ends a game faster than my wife walking up behind me.

#47 11 years ago

He's out of the ring ding ding ding

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Nothing ends a game faster than my wife walking up behind me.

Oh, how TRUE!!!!! I think it is because my wife thinks pins are a waste of time and money; I feel guilty and cannot concentrate. Plus, I think the pin has 'sensitivity' to her. It knows it is hated and it takes it out on ME!!!

#49 11 years ago

when frodo or gimli goes 10, 9, 8 .... i'm doom!

#50 11 years ago

LOL LOTR count up is absolutely a mental drain monster. jackpot one jackpot two....... drain

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-curse/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.