(Topic ID: 29012)

FS: Pinball covers in different sizes, colors. Dust, sun and water resistant!

By Angyalpor

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2399 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6341 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6299 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6301 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6298 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5591 (resized).JPG
    20161215_093740 (resized).jpg
    20161215_092835 (resized).jpg
    bangzoom (resized).jpg
    TZ_cover_(resized).jpg
    GR2_(resized).jpg
    GR1_(resized).jpg
    image1_(4)_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
    #551 8 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I see another party is making these and has a listing on CL: " target="_blank">pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
    Anyone try this guy?? Would be interesting to see feedback or comparisons of the two!

Can't get to the website in the craigslist ad.

#552 8 years ago

Andras makes great covers. I have them on all my pins.

He always has something going on. I hope he's still hanging in there and making these but it's like pulling teeth.

#553 8 years ago

He needs a distributor. Make a batch for the popular machines when he's in "the mode", send them to the states, then a distributor puts out the word that he has some in stock and sells them at a 15-20% markup. Maybe the distributor could even do polls on what machines people want these covers for.

#554 8 years ago

The problem is the dicks like Rick from PPS would want some royalty for putting a patch on the cover. And not just a "reasonable" amount but some $$$ amount that is outrageous and impossible to get done.

I have patches on all my pins so F U Rick.

#555 8 years ago

Still waiting here too. Thought I would have the 2 I ordered by now. Thought I would have had them over a month ago. Zero communication. This is in contrast to prompt communication before I placed the order.

Andres, if I don't get the covers or some kind of reasonable update within 2 weeks (no later than March 6th), I'm going to have no choice but to have the charge reversed by my credit card company. Your product seems nice, but I don't have the time nor patience to try and get in touch with you and receive no response.

#556 8 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

He needs a distributor. Make a batch for the popular machines when he's in "the mode", send them to the states, then a distributor puts out the word that he has some in stock and sells them at a 15-20% markup. Maybe the distributor could even do polls on what machines people want these covers for.

I have approached him quite some time ago about this, and the interest was not there, but now I don't see any distributor buying 30 of these things when customers are not receiving product/response

#557 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I don't see any distributor buying 30 of these things when customers are not receiving product/response

Good point. It would have to be "I'll pay you if/when I receive them"

1 week later
    #558 8 years ago

Is Andras gone?

Any other decent covers options out there?

#559 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I've seen some on Ebay, but they are not embroidered with an emblem and have different colors, but different options for different bodies and toppers. Search for "dust covers for pinball" and it will pop up. Nothing else exciting that I found yet. Anyone else find something good?

#560 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Is Andras gone?

He seems to disappear for awhile, come back on Pinside and apologizes then disappears again!

#561 8 years ago

I haven't been following this thread, but I had planned on getting a cover for RZ when mine ships. I'd be interested to hear how the ones on Ebay compare.

This site has the same picture as one of the Ebay ads:
    http://www.jabetc.com/products/standard-size-dust-cover-protector-for-pinball-machine-cover

#562 8 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I haven't been following this thread, but I had planned on getting a cover for RZ when mine ships. I'd be interested to hear how the ones on Ebay compare.
    This site has the same picture as one of the Ebay ads:
    http://www.jabetc.com/products/standard-size-dust-cover-protector-for-pinball-machine-cover

Interesting, I might try one of these to compare to Andras.

I'm also thinking about taking what I have to a local shop and seeing what they would do it for.

#563 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Please post that comparison if you do it!

2 weeks later
    #564 8 years ago

Another waiting customer here. Ordered and paid in december, and so far received neither a product nor a response to any of my emails. It's a shame, because the covers that were posted in this thread looked promising. Hopefully Andras will notice the activity in this thread and give us an update.

#565 8 years ago

Still no reaction at all from Andras. Complete radio silence for months now....

Hopefully nothing happened to him, otherwise I absolutely dont' understand this

Andras,

Please respond and take your responsability regarding the order and payment that I made in nov 2014. Send me the pinball covers or pay me my money back!

Dont' ignore us!

#566 8 years ago

Hi Pinsiders!

I deeply apologies about the disappearing, but my life changed a bit. Better to say, I goes down to the bottom of the sea, and I now arrive back to the surface.

I really-really thanks the confidence and the patience from You, from this week everything is will be like before. Next week all covers must be shipped.
    Now I start to replay all million mails, and messages. Of course first I ship out the existing orders, and then I will answer those, who want to order new ones. And I will make some offer, or a gift to all, who need to wait in these last months.
    No more hospitals, no more doctors.

And of course, Happy Easter to all of You!

#567 8 years ago

Andras is back from the dead.

On Easter Sunday.

Jokes, write yourselves.

#568 8 years ago

How about that. Sent you a pm Andras

#569 8 years ago

Hi!

Packs from Louvnj and Dave635 shipped today!

The embroidery machine runs continuously.

Business is on 120%.

#570 8 years ago

When not in use, I enjoy looking at my pins when your covers are on them. Thank you

#571 8 years ago

These look awesome, PM sent!

#572 8 years ago

Good to see you're back and doing well again, András. I'm looking forward to receiving my cover.

#573 8 years ago

whirlwind..... forgot about the topper..... what are the chances of getting one of these that includes space for the topper?

#574 8 years ago

I received my WOZ cover today! Very nice quality, it is made of a light weight polyester. It is very soft and flexible, so it is super easy to put on and take off. I ordered mine in December right before the holidays. Thanks Andras.

Quoted from Angyalpor:

Hi!
    Packs from Louvnj and Dave635 shipped today!
    The embroidery machine runs continuously.
    Business is on 120%.

image1_(4)_(resized).JPGimage1_(4)_(resized).JPG

#575 8 years ago

Hi Andras.
    PM'd you. I would like 3 covers TBL, GHOSTBUSTERS, HOBBIT. Get in touch!

Thanks

#576 8 years ago

Hi Andras,

Good to hear that you are back and unfortunetaly you had some rough times.

I am looking forward to receive my 8 pinball covers. I assume I will be somewhere on top of your list because I placed my order and did the payment in november 2014. Please let me know when you will send them. Thanks

#577 8 years ago
    Quoted from racekip:

Hi Andras,
    Good to hear that you are back and unfortunetaly you had some rough times.
    I am looking forward to receive my 8 pinball covers. I assume I will be somewhere on top of your list because I placed my order and did the payment in november 2014. Please let me know when you will send them. Thanks

1 week later
    #578 8 years ago

Anyone here from Andras? Hope he's ok...I know he has some medical stuff going on.

#579 8 years ago

No radio silence again. I send him personal message, but no response sofar. He said in this topic that he wanted the send the open orders the next week. that was 3 weeks ago. Did someone else receive their covers the last 2 weeks?

#580 8 years ago

Radio silence. I want to order more myself but can't get a response.

Afraid to do it now with lack of communication again, even if he pops back up.

#581 8 years ago

Damn. Anyone else make covers? There are some on ebay but im looking for some options.

#582 8 years ago

Keep resorting back to Post #560

#583 8 years ago

Go to www.familygsale.com and click on the pinball covers. I have been dealing with Kelly, and have ordered several covers from them. Very nice quality, lightweight nylon. They will do custom orders...pretty much whatever you want within reason, and very quick turnaround. I just ordered the bottom covers for mine, as they are too close together to put the topper covers off and on. I know the website doesn't look like much, but they do a good job and are very responsive. I think Kelly's mother is the seamstress. I have no connection to them...just found them on CL a while back.

GR1_(resized).jpgGR1_(resized).jpg

GR2_(resized).jpgGR2_(resized).jpg

#584 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm also thinking about taking what I have to a local shop and seeing what they would do it for.

blockquote, did you ever try one? I wanted to order 12 from Andras, but I just can't see giving this guy my money when I read guys sayoing they paid him in 2014 and they still have no cover? Ummmm no, that won't fly with me. If you say your doing this and have a 12 page post about it then get of the crapper and produce or quit. This is a joke...seems like it's excuse after excuse with this guy.

#585 8 years ago

Can anyone here chime in as to the look/feel of the covers ordered from Andras? I have someone else who makes these, but they're slightly less dense (read, lightweight) but that isn't a bad thing. They still block out light and are waterproof.They WILL NOT protect against a bad bump, though. They are strictly for covering to avoid light dirt & dust. They have the feel somewhat of a nylon outdoor grill cover. Are Adras' any different or are they a lightweight material, too?

#586 8 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

They WILL NOT protect against a bad bump, though.?

Yeah, thats what i really want it for. Water is not a problem, neither is light for me......

Time to take matters into my own hands. Im heading to the fabric store!

#587 8 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Can anyone here chime in as to the look/feel of the covers ordered from Andras? I have someone else who makes these, but they're slightly less dense (read, lightweight) but that isn't a bad thing. They still block out light and are waterproof.They WILL NOT protect against a bad bump, though. They are strictly for covering to avoid light dirt & dust. They have the feel somewhat of a nylon outdoor grill cover. Are Adras' any different or are they a lightweight material, too?

Very lightweight vinyl. Perfect fit.

The other ones above look a little baggy

#588 8 years ago

Haven't tried those online.

I'm gonna look for someone local to produce these for us

#589 8 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed. Good fit and a lot of choice in colors.
    Dust and water resistant.
    Please note that these covers do NOT protect your pin from UV light.

#590 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The "bagginess" is intentional, as I have cup holders on the sides. when you order them, you give the dimensions based on your game, and I oversized them a bit. The covers are also not fastened down in those pics. I just had new carpet put down and pretty much threw the covers over them to cover the games. They are like a thicker, stiff parachute material. As someone else said, they won't absorb any bumps or bruises. When I had the carpet guys in house, I went to Harbor Freight and bought some cheap shipping blankets and used them. The bad thing with a heavy cover is that it will tend to want to slide off. I attached magnets inside the shipping blanket corners to keep it still.

#591 8 years ago

Andreas cover is very lightweight nylon, as thin as an umbrella sleeve but the back has a solid look to it, which is why it's waterproof. It is so thin, I think I could fold it up and fit it into a quart sandwich bag. The stitching and finish of the edges is much nicer than what I see in the familygsale pictures. I really like the magnets sewn into Andras' covers, they instantly attach anywhere on the backbox hinge and back legs, yet I can pull the cover right off from the front in a flash. I wouldn't like Velcro, as you'd have to really work to attach it, and reach back there to unfasten it.

Now I agree, If Andras really wants to do this, he needs to put in the effort and be responsive and reliable. It really is a nice product. I knew when I ordered it that I was rolling the dice on whether I'd receive it. I'd like to get more covers, but am hesitant too.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

#592 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRulez:

Agreed. Good fit and a lot of choice in colors.
    Dust and water resistant.
    Please note that these covers do NOT protect your pin from UV light.

Are you saying Andras are not protection from UV? Isn't that half the reason we want these? I have windows in my game room. I am using a blanket on my end game. I want covers but it has to block UV. Why would anyone make something that would not????

1 week later
    #593 7 years ago

Did anyone hear or receive a cover from Andras recently. Last time he posted is 29 days ago....

#594 7 years ago

Nope, still waiting here as well.

#595 7 years ago
    Quoted from frank34obx:

Are you saying Andras are not protection from UV? Isn't that half the reason we want these? I have windows in my game room. I am using a blanket on my end game. I want covers but it has to block UV. Why would anyone make something that would not????

I think the fabic isn't protected from UV fading... any cover is going to do a pretty good job of protecting the machine from sunlight.

I have one of Andras covers on my STLE... it does it's job.
    The issue I have is with the delivery time... and now his spotty availability for the sale.

#596 7 years ago
    Quoted from frank34obx:

??? Of course its protected from sun light. It's a lightweight dust cover that also protects from sunlight.

I'm gonna assume Andras is finished and go another route.

#597 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna assume Andras is finished and go another route

Let us know what you try and how it turns out. Seriously ... there's several people interested in cover options that look real good.

#598 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Let us know what you try and how it turns out. Seriously ... there's several people interested in cover options that look real good.

I know, I can't believe somebody hasn't picked up the ball and run with it.

I'm gonna take what i have and see if locals can replicate it. Should be easy.

#599 7 years ago

I've just received word from András that my cover has shipped. I'll update when it arrives.

#600 7 years ago

Ok thats good news, probably Andras will be sending my covers soon then.

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-cover/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.