(Topic ID: 117703)

**Pinball Concept** Stern Spongebob Why Not!

By PinballZach

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Syco54645
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

chocolate.jpg
    gary.jpg
    Tattletale_Strangler_2.jpg
    SpongePin Color.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I was bored so I photoshopped this together. I grew up with Spongebob so I think this would be pretty cool. All Stern has to do is just rebrand Wrestlemania like Shrek/Family Guy. The ring could be the Krusty Krab with all the chaos that goes on in there. I think it would be a fun family pinball machine if done right. I know theres that Virtual Spongebob Soccer Pinball game but I'm surprised a real pinball machine by Stern hasn't been done yet. If they can do Shrek they can do Spongebob!

SpongePin Color.jpg
    #2 4 years ago

I would add that to my must have list!

#3 4 years ago

Yeah I would love a sponge bob pin. They could make a fantastic one I'll bet. Lots of material to work with.

#4 4 years ago

There is a new Spongebob Movie out now as well!

#5 4 years ago

This would bring kids to pinball. It's a no brainer.

#6 4 years ago

That would easily be the best new theme of anything talked about for my family. Kids already saw the movie & pairing that with pinball would be perfect for us. Hopefully it would be perfect for enough others that it happens!

#7 4 years ago

I said this in a thread awhile back....I wanted SB for the kids....and Breaking Bad for myself....maybe one day......not.................Joey

#8 4 years ago

SpongeBob would be awesome. It could be a hilarious pin if done right.

#9 4 years ago

I would have to agree. I think a Sponge Bob game would be a real kick in the a**. I have been watching that damn show with my kids for years now. I can't tell you haw many times my kids and I talk about certain "epic"episodes. The Strangler and The Two Faces of Squidward are my favorite episodes, and to think new ones are still in the works. I beleive the show is on the same level as The Simpsons, all though a different kind of humor, it is pricless nonetheless.

Tattletale_Strangler_2.jpg
    #10 4 years ago

i'd buy the Gary LE model

gary.jpg
    #11 4 years ago

Spongebob rules. I think I like the show more than my kids do.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Spongebob rules. I think I like the show more than my kids do.

^^^...me too....my kids are grown up now and if I see it's on I'll watch...can't get enough of Patrick....!!!......"FINLAND"...............Joey

#13 4 years ago

I've suggested this as a pin several times in other threads and people didn't react much. I, personally, would LOVE it! Possibilities are endless as there is so much material. Flying Dutchman hologram!

#14 4 years ago

Watched the new movie in 3D with my daughter last night. I'm sure I could get the wife approval to buy this title as it would look great next to Shrek.

#15 4 years ago

Your getting hotter (It burns it burns )

#16 4 years ago

My boys have moved on to all those crappy live-action shows on Nickelodeon, but I still watch SpongeBob.

My favorite is "Shell Shocked," where SpongeBob breaks Gary's shell and has to go to Angry Jack's to replace it. Dee Snider does a great job as Angry Jack.

Imagine the music and call-outs. I'm in!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballZach:

I grew up with Spongebob so I think this would be pretty cool. All Stern has to do is just rebrand Wrestlemania like Shrek/Family Guy.

I would love to see a SpongeBob pin, but definitely not a re-theme.

#18 4 years ago

The idea has been brought up many times in the past. I remember threads on RGP 5 years ago about it. It's tough to gauge demand - I'm not sure serious pinheads would be into it, and how big is the market of parents who can buy their kids a 5k toy? Shrek was supposed to be for a similar market and I saw a few at Chuck E Cheese, but I don't think it sold particularly well.

#19 4 years ago

I imagine that if JJP did this on their Pindemption system that it'd be a smash hit at locations like Chuck E Cheese and Dave & Busters. Also I personally love the SpongeBob license (as long as it's from the Stephen Hillenburg era, the stuff past that is kind of eh), and I think it'd be more of a success than Shrek as SpongeBob frequently seems to be enjoyed by the parents just as much as by the kids.

#20 4 years ago

Spongebob already had a pinball made for it, sort of.

I had one here that no one could fix. It was a visual pin made before... well... visual pins were really on the radar. The cab is about the same size as punchy the clown or mario mushroom world.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5509

The playfield layout was a rip off of some old em gottlieb, can't remember which one. I still have the program file on my computer (if i get really bored and too lazy to get up and i can play spongebob, lol)

They had the whole program on a security dongle that uploaded to the hard drive. I really don't know what the purpose of the security dongle was, because i just dragged and dropped and boom.. no more security and the stupid dongle was no longer needed.

I think my friend that ended up trading me for it would let it go if anyone just can't live without spongebob, lol.

#21 4 years ago

Just watched the new movie at the local Mcmenamins this week.

I think this cartoon has always been more for grownups than kids.

I do not think I would buy one but I would absolutely seek it out on location to play it.

Would probably depend on how much fun factor it had.

#22 4 years ago

Chocolate multiball. I am in!

#23 4 years ago

Did somebody say chocolates?

#24 4 years ago

This would be perfect theme for JJP to showcase their new reredemption pinball

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Chocolate multiball. I am in!

Quoted from gac:

Love that episode. I'd be all in on a "Fancy living, here we come!" LE.

"This guy is so rich he has a swimming pool inside his swimming pool!"
    "And this guy has shoes!"

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

chocolate.jpg
    #27 4 years ago

Why not? The show has been on forever and pretty funny at times. Tom and Jerry, Ren and Stimpy, or Scooby Doo would be better cartoon themes, though. I know a lot of parents that can't stand Spongebob because of the annoying characters. I can imagine a Spongebob laugh getting real annoying in a pin.

#28 4 years ago

It would be my first pass from stern. I even purchased mustang.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Why not? The show has been on forever and pretty funny at times. Tom and Jerry, Ren and Stimpy, or Scooby Doo would be better cartoon themes, though. I know a lot of parents that can't stand Spongebob because of the annoying characters. I can imagine a Spongebob laugh getting real annoying in a pin.

I love spongebob because of the annoying characters. I am a parent and watch it with my son. I intend to watch it with my unborn child once he/she arrives.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 50.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.00
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.95
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside