Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Air_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

julie_newmar_as_catwoman_(resized).jpg
tumblr_mnfw7tML9Y1ssmbizo4_500_(resized).jpg
tumblr_mnfw7tML9Y1ssmbizo2_1280_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
1455660127403-976980529_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
joker-meme_(resized).png
Batman_66_Pinball_Custom_2_(resized).png

#1 3 years ago

I just brought home a Stern Batman and saw how some people (including me) thought it would be cool If Stern did a Batman 66 re-theme!
So I put this together just to see how it would look.

#2 3 years ago

Interesting. I've heard this was happening, down to the '66'. Sure this isn't an on purpose leak ? Regardless batman is a cool game, the crane is one bitching toy, and the retro art on this or spidey are both super and better than movies.

#3 3 years ago

Heck, there's even a brand new Lego set of the 60's Batcave out now;

http://lego.gizmodo.com/holy-bricks-i-love-everything-about-legos-new-classic-1752470501

Seems like a great idea for a Vault Edition...

Later,
EV

#4 3 years ago

IMO, this would be a perfect game for Stern to introduce a lcd display. There is such a wealth of clips that could be spliced into gameplay.

I am one that played the slot machine based upon the series. The one major character in that game was missing was the Burgess Meredith Penguin. But the Julie Newmar (IMO the best) Catwoman was there, the Caesar Romero Joker was there, and the Frank Gorshin Riddler was part of it too. So somebody has done licensing.

I don't know if this has gone stale since the release of the dvds last year, some were available at Thanksgiving at bargain prices. But IMO there is a market for this theme.

Should be an interesting thread.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Sure this isn't an on purpose leak ?

joker-meme_(resized).png

#6 3 years ago

Did the original series have a crane? Not that the movies did...but still lol

#7 3 years ago

what?! No LCD??? J/K.....I think this would make an awesome pin....!!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

IMO, this would be a perfect game for Stern to introduce a lcd display. There is such a wealth of clips that could be spliced into gameplay.

GOT, TWD, Ghostbusters, Star Trek... every other game Stern makes is the perfect game to introduce an LCD.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did the original series have a crane? Not that the movies did...but still lol

Retheme the crane into a mode where Batman is running around trying to get rid of the bomb, but there are innocents at every position except one.

#10 3 years ago

In the works since 2014

image_(resized).png

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I just brought home a Stern Batman and saw how some people (including me) thought it would be cool If Stern did a Batman 66 re-theme!

I knew it, no spinners and crappy, copy-paste clip art! Way to go, STERN!

But seriously, I like the cabinet. Looks like an old comic book cover.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Retheme the crane into a mode where Batman is running around trying to get rid of the bomb, but there are innocents at every positoin except one.

Oh, that's perfect! I don't know the old show that well...but that seems like it would totally work.

#13 3 years ago

Licensing would be tough. Fox owns the TV show, DC/WB the Batman rights. Took forever for TV show to come to video because of this.

#14 3 years ago

Batman 66 had a crane. You can see the Joker riding it.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't know the old show that well...but that seems like it would totally work.

You wouldn't like it. Just like The Thunderbirds it was a show from the 60s that only ran for a few seasons. Very obscure and not many have heard of it.

#16 3 years ago

It would be the most amazing Vault ever if done right.

I was initially in for a Spiderman vault. But after seeing the art,callouts and price I was out.

But.... If this was done with all the characters. Callouts from the series. And color dots. I think I would be in no matter what.

1455660127403-976980529_(resized).jpg

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Very obscure and not many have heard of it.

Obscure? It was a staple of 80s re-runs after school and the DVD release (finally after years of legal maneuvering amongst multiple rights holders) was such a big deal it was a NYT story!

Quick, Robin, to the Blu-ray Box! ‘Batman,’ the 1960s TV Series, Returns in a Collection
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/09/movies/homevideo/batman-the-1960s-tv-series-returns-in-a-collection.html?_r=0

Having said that, if someone who has only seen the recent movies watched the 60s show without already expecting it to be corny, they would be seriously disappointed! But that's part of the charm!

#18 3 years ago

#19 3 years ago

Be an awesome theme.

#20 3 years ago

I'd be interested

#21 3 years ago

To some. But not me. I watched it when it first came on and now it's on every Saturday night on MeTV.

Cesar Romero was the best Joker ever.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

It would be the most amazing Vault ever if done right.

Yeah, I'd be all over that! Hell, even if they went with (the sadly fictional) Batman '72 I'd be getting one way before a pin based on the newer movies (though I liked most of them too)!

The Funky, Retro Stylings of Francesco Francavilla's Batman 1972
http://boingboing.net/2014/11/11/the-funky-retro-stylings-of-f.html

Check out the gritty art "that's more reflective of the 70s than the actual Batman books they published in the 70s"

tumblr_mnfw7tML9Y1ssmbizo2_1280_(resized).jpg

tumblr_mnfw7tML9Y1ssmbizo4_500_(resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

Although there were three different Catwomen in the series, for me there was only one.

julie_newmar_as_catwoman_(resized).jpg

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Although a good mock up, it has the wrong speaker display panel

#25 3 years ago

Batman was wildly popular as I recall. They have been replaying it on IFC lately. It is campy to the nth, but I tune in and catch it still.

6 months later
#26 3 years ago

Bumping this thread.. pretty interesting timing and maybe a leak here

#27 3 years ago

And who said Stern employees don't read pinside?

#28 3 years ago

Kind of confirms Aerosmith, Iron Maiden and Star Wars further down the line....

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Kind of confirms Aerosmith, Iron Maiden and Star Wars further down the line....

Iron Maiden? That's just wishful thinking by a few Pinsiders. Never any solid rumors on that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside