(Topic ID: 177065)

Pinball Community - I really am having my doubts!

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

townsquare (resized).jpg
    IMG_2442 (resized).JPG
    800bfaffe747694cd807dbe9bebc37c7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

See what you guys did? You turned a seemingly nice, helpful individual (albeit some over-posting), into a fatigued crazy man that doesn't "give a rats ass" anymore, and rightfully so.
    Was that the mission all along here, to break him? Or was it "I gotta get my hands on some of these machines! I might be able to make some money here!"
    Sorry, I've dealt with a few people that seemed all nice when wanting something I was selling (or knew of a deal), only to find out later they were only being nice for their own financial gain. Yeah I know, happens all the time, but I remember them.
    Op, good luck with your endeavor and for god's sake, get some rest! You shouldn't have to live in a TZ episode, although you might be already!

Watching this trainwreck unfold has been enlightening. Yes, there are some grumpy people on here that fanned the flames. But on the other hand the OP typing away volumes of replies without any actual useful information contained in any of them was also a contributory cause to what we are witnessing here. I type fast and it would have taken me hours if not days to keep responding to posts in the manner he has.

For future reference to anyone considering liquidating your collection seeking input. A simple one sentence post saying: 1) I have # pins I'm going to sell 2) Give me your suggestions about how you think I should do this 3) I'll announce a decision Jan X with first list of games posted and pictures provided with prices. That's it. No OP replies. No drama. Jan X comes around and the pins are posted for sale and the rules for buying given along with prices.

Even if you didn't know any of the actors personally, you could have predicted the outcome a mile away: OP finally goes f* it (after ruining their own life typing hours of replies), first with cash at my doorstep its theirs ! (how is this any different than craigslist anyway ... oh wait it isn't) Pinside grumps get fully validated in their opinion this was just free advertising (which honestly its essentially turned into even if unintended).

None of this had to happen. Look at what Lloyd does: 1) post on Facebook page at reasonable prices but uncertain condition 2) first to say I'll take it gets it 3) Paypal sent to confirm purchase. No drama.

I feel for the OP, but there is blame to go all around on this. I won't be buying any because I'm not just going to book a truck and drive a few hundred miles hoping that there is something I want. But I still wish the OP good luck in getting the pins sold off in an orderly manner.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-community-i-really-am-having-my-doubts?tu=pookycade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.