(Topic ID: 177065)

Pinball Community - I really am having my doubts!

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

townsquare (resized).jpg
    IMG_2442 (resized).JPG
    800bfaffe747694cd807dbe9bebc37c7 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Create some damn pinside marketplace ads and stop whining.
    Problem solved, drama over.

For likely the 100th time I have said this - listings will be coming next year - and next year is less than a day away right now. My original post was to give people a heads up a good many machines would be getting sold in central PA early in 2017 - nothing more & nothing less. Everyone else kept pushing things & I kept pushing back.

The process on my end is going to be simple - Tuesday 1/3/17 (after my holiday guest head home) I will finish cleaning out the garage and start getting ready to list the first batch of machines. By Thursday 1/5/17 we hope to have the first 12 or 14 machines listed.

Quoted from DBLM:

But Skip, they are. It is evident with all of your posts that they are. Please, just take a break from the forums and don't post anything until you are ready to sell. With all the back and forth and changing direction it comes off as very confusing and disjointed. I live close and would be in the market for what you have but with all of the drama surrounding your pins and your ever changing process for selling, I am most likely out now. The juice is just not with the squeeze.
    If you want to simplify the process and get pins into hands of people at your price, then simplify. If you want to dick around with people who are either not going to buy regardless or put you through the wringer, keep doing what you are doing.

With most of my post all I was doing was reaching out to the pinball community trying to explain what we are trying to do. I don't want or need top dollar out of every machine! I want to sell them at "fair" prices without having a hand full of flippers buying everything up to flip for more money. I want to share these machines with as many people as possible and to be honest I still can not figure exactly how to do that.

If I price them higher to weed out the flippers I'll be charging more than I want (or need to) charge for some machines. If I do first person to email about each it will keep being a push to find out when I am going to list them and 95% of people on this site will bitch since someone else beat them to a machine, and if I do some type of lottory system most people will claim it was rigged somehow. So I still don't know the answer and I want to be listing machines in 3 or 4 days!

Sorry for another long email! I am not trying to cause a lot of drama or anything. I am just trying to figure out how to be fair with as many people as possible when sharing my luck with them.

#52 7 years ago

One last thing - I am loosing sleep over this - if you look I have been off site for less than 4 hours and into about my 10th night loosing sleep trying to figure this out. Being very honest I keep wondering if I should even follow up with the rest of the warehouse or just turn it over to Lloyd and not care most of the machines will be headed out of the country. This shit isn't worth killing my self over especially since a good many posters on my threads don't seem to care.

In any event - wish me luck - I think I am going to need it.

#53 7 years ago

TMP, just log off.
    it is only pinball

Go outside and enjoy the fresh air

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

One last thing - I am loosing sleep over this - if you look I have been off site for less than 4 hours and into about my 10th night loosing sleep trying to figure this out. Being very honest I keep wondering if I should even follow up with the rest of the warehouse or just turn it over to Lloyd and not care most of the machines will be headed out of the country. This shit isn't worth killing my self over especially since a good many posters on my threads don't seem to care.

I have actually been on your side on this. However, now reading this post, I have to tell you that your issues are FAR beyond trying to be fair with selling games. Making yourself crazy over all of this bullshit is not normal behavior. I think you should take a serious break from all of this, maybe hand it over to your son, and go get yourself checked out. Somewhere inside you are off balance.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have actually been on your side on this. However, now reading this post, I have to tell you that your issues are FAR beyond trying to be fair with selling games. Making yourself crazy over all of this bullshit is not normal behavior. I think you should take a serious break from all of this, maybe hand it over to your son, and go get yourself checked out. Somewhere inside you are off balance.

Actually I am not driving myself crazy I just realize the size of the task ahead of me and try to plan ahead as well as be as fair as possible to everyone. But I think I am going to just dumb it down and make it first person in driveway with cash can load what ever they want.

#56 7 years ago

I want to share these machines with as many people as possible and to be honest I still can not figure exactly how to do that.

Every time I read this, I want to beat my head against the wall. I understand your thoughts, but how do you know what happens to these games once you've sold them? And why should you care?

Just sell the damn things in a way that makes it easy for your son and yourself and stop with the "I want to save the children" posts.

#57 7 years ago

But I think I am going to just dumb it down and make it first person in driveway with cash can load what ever they want.

BINGO!!!

#58 7 years ago

Skip, I wish you well. But please, stop being a martyr on this. Sell them which ever way is best and least stressful for you.

With that being said, I am out. Too much drama and not worth it to me. Good luck to everybody with the buying and selling.

Matt

#59 7 years ago

One last thing - I am loosing sleep over this - if you look I have been off site for less than 4 hours and into about my 10th night loosing sleep trying to figure this out. ... This shit isn't worth killing my self over especially since a good many posters on my threads don't seem to care.

Actually I am not driving myself crazy I just realize the size of the task ahead of me and try to plan ahead as well as be as fair as possible to everyone. But I think I am going to just dumb it down and make it first person in driveway with cash can load what ever they want.

Trying to "be as fair as possible to everyone" should include yourself Skip. I think you're putting too much effort into it. Scale it back to be as fair as REASONABLE to everyone. A bulk deal requires different ways of doing things than selling a game or few parts at a time. You have unrealistic expectations of yourself and that's contributing to the drama.

It doesn't have to be this way. Just post your ads and be done with it.

#60 7 years ago

Stop telling us what you think and just do it already.
    You sound like you belong in the looneybin

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Skip, I wish you well. But please, stop being a martyr on this. Sell them which ever way is best and least stressful for you.
    With that being said, I am out. Too much drama and not worth it to me. Good luck to everybody with the buying and selling.
    Matt

Matt - no worries - I tried and it didn't work so we decided to keep it simple and do a simple first come (with cash) first served. Take one machine or all of them - I really don't care at this point!

Once I post the final list and selling prices - likely Thursday at 7 PM as originally planned. First person to email me with interest in driving to see or pick up machines will have a chance to buy anything in the garage. Once they are gone I'll contact second guy in line and so on. Only one person at a time - I don't need the neighbors mad at me over this.

So if you or anyone else is free Thursday night and wants to run over just email as quickly as possible Thursday after I post list & prices. My plan at this point is appointments up till 10PM Thursday night - then again Friday from 9 AM till 9 PM. After Friday at 9 PM I'll post an updated list and contact next person in line to see if they are still interested in any of the machines that remain.

And for the picture collectors - sorry no pictures until Monday after the first few people have picked out what they want. I just don't have the time to mess with people creating photo albums of machines they almost bought!

#62 7 years ago

do a simple first come (with cash) first served. Take one machine or all of them -

As it should have been from the start.

#63 7 years ago

we decided to keep it simple and do a simple first come (with cash) first served. Take one machine or all of them - I really don't care at this point!

Once I post the final list and selling prices

Selling prices? It says first come with cash. I have cash, I will take the lot. You deliver right?

IMG_2442 (resized).JPGIMG_2442 (resized).JPG

#64 7 years ago

I for one will be glad when ALL the machines are gone and we can get back to "regular" drama like jpop and Kevin. At least those threads have a purpose.

#65 7 years ago

thanks for the heads up on what you had coming up for sale now roll them suckers out

#66 7 years ago

I just don't have the time

You don't have the time to take a few pictures???!!!

I dunno...Just by going by your posting history the last few days, it looks like you have nothing but spare time.

#67 7 years ago

Matt - no worries - I tried and it didn't work so we decided to keep it simple and do a simple first come (with cash) first served. Take one machine or all of them - I really don't care at this point!
    Once I post the final list and selling prices - likely Thursday at 7 PM as originally planned. First person to email me with interest in driving to see or pick up machines will have a chance to buy anything in the garage. Once they are gone I'll contact second guy in line and so on. Only one person at a time - I don't need the neighbors mad at me over this.
    So if you or anyone else is free Thursday night and wants to run over just email as quickly as possible Thursday after I post list & prices. My plan at this point is appointments up till 10PM Thursday night - then again Friday from 9 AM till 9 PM. After Friday at 9 PM I'll post an updated list and contact next person in line to see if they are still interested in any of the machines that remain.
    And for the picture collectors - sorry no pictures until Monday after the first few people have picked out what they want. I just don't have the time to mess with people creating photo albums of machines they almost bought!

And now another episode of "The Days Of Our Lives". Way too much drama. Stop selling. You bounce around creating threads to market your product and get attention......again.....and again.......and again. But GLWTS!

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not all communities are happy go lucky. That's why we build fences and walls around our properties, lock our doors, and avoid our neighbors.

O-din
    When can I come over to play pinball?

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

When can I come over to play pinball?

Yeah, Odin . . . can I have a key to your house? And don't forget to unlock the fence gate for me!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#70 7 years ago

Any time guys. On my property it's always happy go lucky time.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Yeah, Odin . . . can I have a key to your house? And don't forget to unlock the fence gate for me!!!
    Mike in Kentucky

Just go right on in. RD blew out the screen door for you

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

On my property it's always happy go lucky time.

I can vouch for that! And mi hermano o-din has a destination level collection, daddio.
    BTW Brian: I am finally picking up my own Heat Wave on Monday! The cab is a "paint it black" edition, but the bg and the rest are looking que bueno!

#73 7 years ago

This is just another feeble attempt to drum up interest in his "warehouse find".
    TMP just sack up and sell your games or not but stop with all of the bullshit.

#74 7 years ago

I am very new to the pinball community and I am considering buying a couple pinball machines to put in a spare bedroom at my place. I tried posting to ask if seller was asking realistic prices for the three machines I was considering but since I am newly registered here Pinside limited me to one post. I was hoping someone here could give me some advice but the "community" doesn't look very friendly from what I am reading on this post.

Anyway, I already asked about Road Kings in a previous post. The other two games I was interested in were Rescue 911 and Checkpoint. Could someone give me an idea what those two machines would be worth? Seller said both were in better than average condition and both were working but would need to be shopped? What is he talking about when he says shopped?

Also I am a fairly small female so I couldn't move one of these machines myself. Seller said he would deliver but would need to charge extra for delivery & set up. What is a fair price to pay for something like that? He also said he could fully shop out either for $300 additional. That sounded expensive, is shopping out a pinball machine really that expensive? When I take my car for a lube & oil change they one charge around $40 and the is a big car not a little pinball machine.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from pin-happy:

He also said he could fully shop out either for $300 additional. That sounded expensive, is shopping out a pinball machine really that expensive? When I take my car for a lube & oil change they one charge around $40 and the is a big car not a little pinball machine.

An oil change is only a few minutes of labor.

Cleaning and shopping a pinball machine can take hours at least. They are sometimes complicated pics of equipment with hundreds of parts.

Honestly, it sounds like a good deal for someone who doesn't want to do anything their self.

But, just like an oil change, if you wanted to do it yourself, sure, it would cost less money. But half the fun of owning a game is tuning it up.

#76 7 years ago

Welcome pin happy you think this guy has opened a can of worms the opinions on what all needs to be done to say a machine has been shopped is a shit storm all its own good luck with whatever pins you end up with

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from pin-happy:

The other two games I was interested in were Rescue 911 and Checkpoint. Could someone give me an idea what those two machines would be worth?

The pinside game archives have estimated values. 1200 each in this case.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from pin-happy:

I am very new to the pinball community and I am considering buying a couple pinball machines to put in a spare bedroom at my place. I tried posting to ask if seller was asking realistic prices for the three machines I was considering but since I am newly registered here Pinside limited me to one post. I was hoping someone here could give me some advice but the "community" doesn't look very friendly from what I am reading on this post.
    Anyway, I already asked about Road Kings in a previous post. The other two games I was interested in were Rescue 911 and Checkpoint. Could someone give me an idea what those two machines would be worth? Seller said both were in better than average condition and both were working but would need to be shopped? What is he talking about when he says shopped?
    Also I am a fairly small female so I couldn't move one of these machines myself. Seller said he would deliver but would need to charge extra for delivery & set up. What is a fair price to pay for something like that? He also said he could fully shop out either for $300 additional. That sounded expensive, is shopping out a pinball machine really that expensive? When I take my car for a lube & oil change they one charge around $40 and the is a big car not a little pinball machine.

Pin-happy nice to hear your story pinball is a awesome hobby !! There are a lot of friendly people that are very willing to help this is just a forum that created a lot of friction ! Don't worry about them they will get over it . I don't know if there is set price for moving one as evry move would be different . Get to know a couple people in your area that will help assist you in your search and pick up . There will be decent people in your area ! By the way you can check out any game at top of screen by putting name into search and will tell you estimateed value and any other info you need . Happy new year !!!!

#79 7 years ago

You are coming off as a mental patient and absolutely nobody gives a shit about this or your imaginary stash of games anymore. Please go away.

#80 7 years ago

Pin happy
    Ignore this thread. This place is great if you just stay out of the nonsense and after you figure out who to pay no attention to.
    The word shopped means different things to different people. To some it means tearing it down and cleaning and going over everything. To some it means slapping $15 of new rubbers. Ask questions here, make a thread about the machine you have in mind, the price they are asking and people will tell you what to look for and what the value is. Think of it as taking someone knowledgeable with you to look at a used car. Ha ha.

#81 7 years ago

Pinball players in real life: usually pretty cool

Pinball players on Pinside: unbearable buttholes

You can't please everyone, you can never please Crazy Levi, Pinside is a popularity contest, sell and buy games from people you know and appreciate. Happy New Year.

#82 7 years ago

With the introduction of Pin-happy to this thread, it's beginning to feel even more like a kenada constructed circus.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are coming off as a mental patient and absolutely nobody gives a shit about this or your imaginary stash of games anymore. Please go away.

Does your ignore feature not work? How much shit do you really need to give a person?

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Pinball players in real life: usually pretty cool
    Pinball players on Pinside: unbearable buttholes
    You can't please everyone, you can never please Crazy Levi, Pinside is a popularity contest, sell and buy games from people you know and appreciate. Happy New Year.

Eh, op is a drama queen. There are threads that a few people will get fed up and finally call out an op, but this guy has brought new levels of ire. Short of someone like Jpop or Skit B, who else has managed to create such a shit show on here? Over what? Look at his initial list of still unpriced, unphotographed games that he has created 3 threads over. Best title is a BSD listed as a major project. This guy acts like he has gold and is doing the world a favor by gracing us with the chance of paying *market value* for crap he is flipping. In reality he is buying out an OP, making his profit, and frankly has a lot of junk to unload with a few decent titles here and there.

OP needs to see a psych and step away from the keyboard.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Eh, op is a drama queen. There are threads that a few people will get fed up and finally call out an op, but this guy has brought new levels of ire. Short of someone like Jpop or Skit B, who else has managed to create such a shit show on here? Over what? Look at his initial list of still unpriced, unphotographed games that he has created 3 threads over. Best title is a BSD listed as a major project. This guy acts like he has gold and is doing the world a favor by gracing us with the chance of paying *market value* for crap he is flipping. In reality he is buying out an OP, making his profit, and frankly has a lot of junk to unload with a few decent titles here and there.
    OP needs to see a psych and step away from the keyboard.

You could also, you know... drain the thread.

#86 7 years ago

This is a DISCUSSION FORUM, right? People come here to talk about all things pinball. There is only so much to talk about when it comes to this thing of ours, though... so you either make posts about warehouse finds or you present your opinion-as-fact about the BM66 you haven't played.

My point is, if people keep giving shit to people who make threads they don't like, this place is just going to be a circle jerk of Crazy Levi O-Din Whysnow Iceman posts. I like a wide range of people's opinions, not just the same handful of posters posting.

#87 7 years ago

Machines are now posted on our local Craig's List as well as here on Pinside. No DRAMA - no BS - just over 100 machines to sell out of a small space in a few weeks. ALL the drama was caused by a few A-holes not taking time to read my original post and help me come up with some kind of logical way of selling off a warehouse find as well as most of out collection. With or without the Pinside community I will get 100+ machines sold this Winter & early Spring.

I am done posting about this - I put a post up this morning offering Pinsiders that live in the area a chance to stop by earlier on Thursday while we are finishing up getting ready to post final descriptions & prices at 7 PM Thursday. My Holiday guest are here until tomorrow around 9AM after that it will be full speed ahead to get machines sold as quickly as possible.

At this point I don't give a rats ass who buys them. So no limit on number of machines or anything else - just down and dirty get them gone as quickly as possible so I can pick up the next load.

#88 7 years ago

Machines are now posted on our local Craig's List as well as here on Pinside. No DRAMA - no BS - just over 100 machines to sell out of a small space in a few weeks. ALL the drama was caused by a few A-holes not taking time to read my original post and help me come up with some kind of logical way of selling off a warehouse find as well as most of out collection. With or without the Pinside community I will get 100+ machines sold this Winter & early Spring.
    I am done posting about this - I put a post up this morning offering Pinsiders that live in the area a chance to stop by earlier on Thursday while we are finishing up getting ready to post final descriptions & prices at 7 PM Thursday. My Holiday guest are here until tomorrow around 9AM after that it will be full speed ahead to get machines sold as quickly as possible.
    At this point I don't give a rats ass who buys them. So no limit on number of machines or anything else - just down and dirty get them gone as quickly as possible so I can pick up the next load.

Good. Now stop complaining and go make your profit.

#89 7 years ago

<
    I woulda done that from the start then told the great story afterwards it was to bad your trying to be nice and give a heads up went awry
    hopefully things go smoothly from here til there gone

#90 7 years ago

I am done posting about this -

Anybody want to take action on this?

I'm giving 2-1 odds he can't make it to Sunday Night Football.

#91 7 years ago

Give it a rest, you bully.

#92 7 years ago

It's just the same people piling on now. Toomanypins only post in the thread in the last 24 hours has been relevant info about his sale while the biggest whiners keep posting. The shoe is on the other foot.

#93 7 years ago

Machines are now posted on our local Craig's List as well as here on Pinside. No DRAMA - no BS

And yet, they are not

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/too-many-pins/market

At this point I don't give a rats ass who buys them

So does 99% of pinside

I am done posting about this

False. You WILL post again, and again, and again.

#95 7 years ago

That list was already posted on one of the 10 other threads started by OP. Still no pics, prices or real info that people post when selling games.

#96 7 years ago

I'm still waiting for vids guide to a storage find

#97 7 years ago

Seems to need the attention, More then posting pictures or prices of the machines.

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from pin-happy:

Seller said he would deliver but would need to charge extra for delivery & set up. What is a fair price to pay for something like that?

Welcome to Pinside. You can come on here daily and read the threads that are pertinent to your questions and/or your pins. Over the months/years, you will learn an amazing amount of info. As for charging you to deliver and set up the pin, it all depends on how difficult the situation is. Most likely he will have to bring a helper with him, and if the pin has to be hauled up a bunch of stairs, that is a chore! If it is a very easy entry place, all he has to do is put the legs on, raise the head and lock it in, add the pinballs, and plug it in. To me, that's a $50 thing.

FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS ADD YOUR CITY AND STATE IN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION that displays near your avatar. That way, people in your area might be inclined to come by and offer a hand. I think it is vital to show your city on Pinside. Just knowing what state/country people live in lends a lot to identifying their personality.

Mike in kentucky

#99 7 years ago

Since this is Pinside, I'm assuming this guy is going to be very busy taking pictures of shooter lanes.

GLWTS !

#100 7 years ago

too-many-threads, not-enough-pics

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-community-i-really-am-having-my-doubts/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.