(Topic ID: 177065)

Pinball Community - I really am having my doubts!

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

townsquare (resized).jpg
    IMG_2442 (resized).JPG
    800bfaffe747694cd807dbe9bebc37c7 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

After some of the replies I got on my warehouse find post I am really having serious doubts if this can really be called a pinball community. In any event to all of those who wished me well I wanted to say thank you. And for those who just had to be negative I also say thank you because it made me realize there is really no perfect way to do something.

Regardless of what happened there, I will be sharing my find with the Pinside Community sometime early in 2017. No dates, no additional information coming ahead of time, and no more drama. Just machines posted for sale when we have the chance to do it right.

For now I just want to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-Skip-

#2 7 years ago

You've been around long enough to know Pinside isn't the close knit pinball community it likes to think it is.
    Hope everything works out for you.

#3 7 years ago

Happy New Year Skip.

If you were in the area I would invite you over to play some pinball and drink burboun. Celebrating the first time in 2 years that ALL of my games are operational (I meana few will surely give me fits at the party, but that is pinball).

#4 7 years ago

I thought this thread already got closed?

#5 7 years ago

I understand your frustrations.

You wanted to do something right and fair.

All of a sudden it comes down to money, and I want, and I deserve, and help can disappear,
    in place of Selfish arguements masquerading as help.

Sadly, thats what most communities, not just Pinball are today.

Its what needs fixing everywhere.

Do what you think is best, and dont look back, or worry about those expecting, demanding, or entitled to.
    Those often say, "Ill take my money elsewhere if you dont.........." Let them.

That was the hardest part of what I had to do here, personally.

#6 7 years ago

Not all communities are happy go lucky. That's why we build fences and walls around our properties, lock our doors, and avoid our neighbors.

Happy New Year!

#7 7 years ago

I have met a number of really great people because of this site....won't change it. A fantastic reference as well.

Keep thinking of all the great this hobby is and the people. Shut out the negativity if you can. It's just noise from a vast minority.

Cheers and Happy New Year

#8 7 years ago

Yep, full of jealousy, greed, selfishness, and sprinkle in some assholes. Sorry to see you had to deal with some of that crap. It's a real eye opener.

As I said before, it's your find, your haul, sell them however you wish.

Good luck and enjoy the New Year's festivities!

#9 7 years ago

In a community this large and varied, there are going to be all sorts of different personalities and differing opinions. Some are more outspoken than others, some are more laid back than others. In the end, we're all gathered here because of pinball.

Try not to get to stressed out about things, try not to over-complicate them, and good luck with the future sales

#10 7 years ago

Because two of these stupid threads aren't enough.

Dude, I wish you no ill will, I didn't contact you, I didn't comment.

But when people sell things here, they list 'em, price 'em, and sell 'em. It's really pretty simple. Pretty much everybody here, from grizzled vet to green newbie, has figured this out. You haven't.

Your "gift" to Pinside was absolutely ridiculous and did nothing for anybody. have you even listed any games and prices yet?!

I guess we'll have to wait for the 4th thread for more information on your awesome "find." I'd have been interested in some games possibly as we don't live too far away from each other, but I gave up and drained your other threads because I could feel myself getting stupider the more I read 'em, and it was clear you weren't actually selling anything, wouldn't actually be selling anything anytime soon, and if you ever actually DID sell anything, it was gonna be pretty hard to get excited over examples you actually DID cite like $1,000 Firepowers or $1,800 F-14s (we can all score shit like that without kissing your ass).

I think you should take a rest. I know how hard that can be, and the high you must be getting from all the attention, but it was bound to turn sour. Once you actually have some games to sell, just make a list and offer them up like any other normal human being. It'll be better for you. It'll be better for Pinside. It'll be better for everyone.

#12 7 years ago

Dude, to be overly direct, you waved a bunch of steaks in front of a pack of wolves. You even have Hilton still buttering you up to try and get some. It is exactly what happens.

But don't worry about it. This isn't the community you speak of. What you want is all your friends in your area to benefit. Don't give any thought to Pinside. Care about the folks you actually know. The guys you play games with. It is the most fair thing to give your close friends dibs. Then move on to good friends of friends. Then move to acquaintances, and then send out general pinside info for the scraps. I'm sure you know some great guys that would love to share your good fortune. Start there.

#13 7 years ago

That 10-13% you cough up to EBay and Paypal sucks the big one, but you get a larger audience and usually a higher sale price.

I know you wanted to do the right thing and avoid extra costs to both parties, but this would have simplified for you and made them available to collectors too.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

You even have Hilton still buttering you up to try and get some.

Just getting gross at this point.

#15 7 years ago

Why ask the mods to close a thread, only to start it up again?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

You even have Hilton still buttering you up to try and get some. It is exactly what happens.

that is BS. UNlikely I would even make the trip.

I can empathsize with Skips predicament and am not a prick like some of the trolls.

Guy is in what should be a fun and exciting situation, he tried to do what he thought was best by giving people a heads up, has some indecision, and of course a whole bunch of asshole come out to of the crawlspace to be dicks to him.

Many of these people giving him shit live so far away they have no interest in anything and hence decided to attack.

I dont butter anyone up. I tell it like I see it; for right or wrong.

Sorry, but kissing ass is not in my vocabulary.

#17 7 years ago

I didn't read the other thread but sounds like you had a hell of a find. Forget about what anyone says, and do what you want with the games. Sell to friends first, sell on eBay for tons of money, give dibs to pinside members - hell keep them just to hoard! Yours to do as you wish.

People are always going to be jealous or negative. Ignore and focus on the high you should still have on the find. Happy New Year

#18 7 years ago

I read he's getting too old for this.

#19 7 years ago

Happy New Year to you too Skip. You've mentioned you overpay for games and you're trying to cover your costs by making about 10% profit. I foresee a lot of complaining when you get around to posting pictures and prices.
    Good luck.

#20 7 years ago

Has anybody had a REAL problem with him in the past? It's not like he is FUN, George Riley, or trazy11.
    I got a pin from him (3,000 miles away) back in the day. Not only was I happy with the deal, he also called me a couple of times to make sure I was satisfied with the transaction. Just sayin....

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Has anybody had a REAL problem with him in the past? It's not like he is FUN, George Riley, or trazy11.
    I got a pin from him (3,000 miles away) back in the day. Not only was I happy with the deal, he also called me a couple of times to make sure I was satisfied with the transaction. Just sayin....

Oh shit.

We are already into "just sayin" territory?

Mods please end thread now.

#22 7 years ago

We deal with the same in the hot rod and kustom car hobby.. it is what it is ....

#23 7 years ago

If you really want to help pinball, seek out guys like Levi (Funtorium), Al (Pinholic NYC), Bill D. (pinball gallery), Jay (Pincrossing), Steve K. (Rock Fantasy), Paul D. (Eight on the Break), PAPA / Replay, The guys at Sanctum etc. These guys share their pinballs with their friends and some with the world (anyone that can walk into their arcade) . Getting these pins into a collectors basement so that a handful of people may ever see it , does not have the same effect.

I am also one who might be interested in something , but i would rather see the guys listed above get first shot as they are really hustling to make great events and locations for everyone to enjoy their machines.

Next thread should be "Nominate People who deserve to buy my games" because worthy people are not going to jump through hoops or be "the first one to email." .

I fully understand what you are trying to do , but this is not the place you can achieve that. Get your games into arcades etc. That is best for everyone.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But when people sell things here, they list 'em, price 'em, and sell 'em. It's really pretty simple. Pretty much everybody here, from grizzled vet to green newbie, has figured this out. You haven't.
    Your "gift" to Pinside was absolutely ridiculous and did nothing for anybody. have you even listed any games and prices yet?!
    I guess we'll have to wait for the 4th thread for more information on your awesome "find." I'd have been interested in some games possibly as we don't live too far away from each other, but I gave up and drained your other threads because I could feel myself getting stupider the more I read 'em, and it was clear you weren't actually selling anything, wouldn't actually be selling anything anytime soon, and if you ever actually DID sell anything, it was gonna be pretty hard to get excited over examples you actually DID cite like $1,000 Firepowers or $1,800 F-14s (we can all score shit like that without kissing your ass).
    I think you should take a rest. I know how hard that can be, and the high you must be getting from all the attention, but it was bound to turn sour. Once you actually have some games to sell, just make a list and offer them up like any other normal human being. It'll be better for you. It'll be better for Pinside. It'll be better for everyone.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But, how do you really feel?

#26 7 years ago

Mods, please close this. We had one dumpster fire from the op already. He whined for it to be closed and got his wish, then he starts things back up again a few hours later? You can't have your cake and eat it.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

But, how do you really feel?

Like everyone else who is reading this thread.
    I can't believe the op closed his other threads just to start this one.

#28 7 years ago

do what coinop warehouse does. list them on facebook. win win. mostly all your pals and aquaintences will get first dibs.
    good luck

#29 7 years ago

too-many-posts

#30 7 years ago

You cannot please everyone every time
    foolish to even try

if you have something for sale, take pictures, write an honest description and put then up for sale

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

You can't have your cake and eat it.

800bfaffe747694cd807dbe9bebc37c7 (resized).jpg800bfaffe747694cd807dbe9bebc37c7 (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago

I quit reading the other threads but it sounds they might be "best of pinside" material. I may have to go check them out.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

I can't believe the op closed his other threads just to start this one.

Yet here everybody is, posting.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Man, the George Riley drama was something else.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yet here everybody is, posting.

And there's a spin-off thread poking jest that was created around the same time, so it really didn't matter if this post was created or not. You don't kick people out of a party and not expect someone to get the grand idea to start up another party

I plan on catching up to some of you guys throwing them back to erase some of the negativity that you can't forget exists most other times through the year. This year I'm celebrating in-style with a Marty Moose Mug & some eggnog. If it makes it through the next few days without the antlers breaking off, it's going to be a minor miracle!

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Man, the George Riley drama was something else.

Ya. Turns out that it was the best thing that ever happened to Susi and I.

Another GR victim sold us a NOS Bill Davis clearcoated playfield for 400 shipped.

Blownfuse turned it into a masterpiece!

Shout out to Balboa Rules, and many others. You know who you are....

Thank you jar155 for remembering.

And CrazyLevi.....You are entertaining. However, my daughters share an apartment a couple of blocks off Times Square. They WILL kick your ass if I tell them to.....!! (insert lol)

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Ya. Turns out that it was the best thing that ever happened to Susi and I.
    Another GR victim sold us a NOS Bill Davis clearcoated playfield for 400 shipped.
    Blownfuse turned it into a masterpiece!
    Shout out to Balboa Rules, and many others. You know who you are....
    Thank you jar155 for remembering.
    And CrazyLevi.....You are entertaining. However, my daughters share an apartment a couple of blocks off Times Square. They WILL kick your ass if I tell them to.....!! (insert lol)

Make sure one is filming for our enjoyment!

#38 7 years ago

Love me some Creepshow!

#39 7 years ago

No matter what hobby you have... all forums are the same.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

A mind F and circle jerk?

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh shit.
    We are already into "just sayin" territory?
    Mods please end thread now.

My point is, if you got screwed by "too many" let it be known and how and why. George Riley ripped us off and had people sticking up for him since he didn't do bad by them....

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

Lol. I rarely get on Pinside and quit RGP because of "Gary".

A pin friend of mine says that the Hot Wheels is the same. We are talkin about "Hot Wheels" !!

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

My point is, if you got screwed by "too many" let it be known and how and why. George Riley ripped us off and had people sticking up for him since he didn't do bad by them....

If you "get screwed buy too-many" please let me know and I'll make it right. If you take about a minute and pull up my feedbacks on eBay under "pinjunk" you can get a pretty good idea how many people I screw over. Or better yet check with anyone in the PA area who has ever head dealings with us and see what they tell you.

If you are an unhappy customer of mine you will likely be the first! But if you are unhappy for any reason PLEASE let me know and I'll do all I can to make it right.

#44 7 years ago

And just in case you think I paid off over 2500 people to post positive feedbacks for me on "pinjunk" please feel free to check out a couple of our other eBay users also "pin-plastics" with over 12,000 feedbacks and "yourfind" with over 17,000. If you still have any doubts come say hello and see how you feel about dealing with me when we meet in person.

That is all I have to say about my credibility - but I am sure the way things are here on Pinside someone will have a way to put a negative spin on things!

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am sure the way things are here on Pinside someone will have a way to put a negative spin on things!

Haters gonna hate. Don't let em get you down. Likewise, know when it's time to take your ball and go home. Peace to you

#46 7 years ago

One last thing since my son Wayne & I do the machines together so you might also want to check his feedbacks on eBay just in case he is the one screwing people over - you can find him under "pinitech"

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

Haters gonna hate. Don't let em get you down. Likewise, know when it's time to take your ball and go home. Peace to you

I don't let the haters get under my skin - I just think it is sad they feel the need to keep wasting my time with their BS. Just because they have no life doesn't give them the right to waste my time explain or defending myself.

In less than a week our first group of a dozen or so machines will be listed for sale. Then as long as the buyers pick up the machines they bought in a timely manor - every couple weeks for the next few months there will be an additional lot of 12 to 15 machines listed. This process will likely continue until the Allentown show and then at that point I'll be done with pinball till Fall. I have my Spring & Summer pretty well fully scheduled as things stand so if it isn't gone by Allentown it has to wait.

#48 7 years ago

Create some damn pinside marketplace ads and stop whining.

Problem solved, drama over.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Create some damn pinside marketplace ads and stop whining.
    Problem solved, drama over.

But some people like to complicate the most simple of things

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I don't let the haters get under my skin

But Skip, they are. It is evident with all of your posts that they are. Please, just take a break from the forums and don't post anything until you are ready to sell. With all the back and forth and changing direction it comes off as very confusing and disjointed. I live close and would be in the market for what you have but with all of the drama surrounding your pins and your ever changing process for selling, I am most likely out now. The juice is just not with the squeeze.

If you want to simplify the process and get pins into hands of people at your price, then simplify. If you want to dick around with people who are either not going to buy regardless or put you through the wringer, keep doing what you are doing.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-community-i-really-am-having-my-doubts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.