Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by glpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191201_201139_1603911090554_resized (resized).jpg
    ghostbusters2 (resized).jpg
    ghostbusters1 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hey I was thinking the other day it would be easy and cool to put together collections based around themes. Like space, sports, rock bands and so on. Does anyone have a collection like this they would like to show off? Love to see them!

#2 3 years ago

With Halloween around the corner, I’d love to see someone’s horror themed machines.

#3 3 years ago

I’ve got an EHOH and Rob Zombie, so two of my six are horror themed I guess. I also have a Close Encounters which could count as horror in a pinch. I’m always looking at horror type pins. Wish someone would make a pure horror pin!

#4 3 years ago

Not along the same lines as you are thinking but my collection theme
    is the 'history of pinball'. I've got games from all eras from 1931 thru
    ST:TNG in the 1990's and everything in between. Try to find pioneer
    games like New Contact which was the first with pop bumpers.

#5 3 years ago

Once in a while I theme pinball rooms in my house. Sometimes all the music pins will be in one section of the house. But overall I move stuff around.

I have seen a few themed sets of pinball, but it always struck me that it really locks in the pins. And I love me some variety.

#6 3 years ago

I’m slowly working on all games with interactive roulette wheels on them. Started to happen by accident. I don’t even play roulette in real life.

I also have games that are close in sequential model numbers from Williams. RG, T2, HS2, and FT run close together I think.

#7 3 years ago

I'm up to 8 Coaster pins.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

I'm up to 8 Coaster pins.

That’s awesome. I never really considered coasters to be a hot pin theme for some reason even though it makes obvious sense. I also forgot about EMs. Nice collection. Congrats.

#9 3 years ago

I collected mostly horror titles for a long time. I did finally start branching out more after having owned most of the horror games I really liked. There's still a few of the more rare ones I never managed to snag, but would love to own some day. There totally needs to be more straight horror (not rock n roll, tongue in cheek, cartoony, etc) themes. The only three I can think of from the last 30 years are BSD, MC and TWD.

Still have:
    America's Most Haunted
    Scared Stiff
    The Walking Dead
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Mystery Castle
    Ghostbusters (custom)

Owned in the past:
    Class of 1812
    Tales from the Crypt
    Elvira and the Party Monsters
    Ghostbusters (Stern)
    Monster Bash
    Rob Zombie

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I collected mostly horror titles for a long time.

I love your collection. All the same pins I’d like to have. What’s the custom Ghostbusters?

#11 3 years ago

My heavy metal/rock and roll collection consists of......
    Black Knight SOR
    Iron Maiden
    Metallica
    KISS
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith

JJP GnR on order and will be getting Zeppelin when it comes out, love the music pins

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I love your collection. All the same pins I’d like to have. What’s the custom Ghostbusters?

Thanks, man! The GB is a custom/re-theme from 2011 with a full movie soundtrack, quotes and sound effects. It was featured at PAPA in 2012.

ghostbusters1 (resized).jpgghostbusters1 (resized).jpgghostbusters2 (resized).jpgghostbusters2 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago

Paging Dr. Frightner... @drfrightner

#14 3 years ago

I'd like to see a wild west themed room.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks, man! The GB is a custom/re-theme from 2011 with a full movie soundtrack, quotes and sound effects. It was featured at PAPA in 2012.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s really sweet! Really really cool. I’m sure it givens the Stern GB a run for its money and then some. Thanks for sharing.

#16 3 years ago

My main collection theme is “oddities and novelty games” and the sub-theme is games everyone loves to hate

Most of them really surprise people who play them! Of course I have branched into “traditional” territory with Seawitch.

But yeah, I love the odd novelty games that people look at and ask “when did they make THAT?!”

#17 3 years ago

I created a section of space theme classics.

20191201_201139_1603911090554_resized (resized).jpg20191201_201139_1603911090554_resized (resized).jpg
    #18 3 years ago

I was trying for a game from each year from 77-93 but I am still missing a few.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I created a section of space theme classics.
    [quoted image]

I was hoping someone had a space themed collection, it was the first one that came to my mind. Nice!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-collections-w-themes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.