Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zarco
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you include your pinball collection in your overall net worth?”

• Yes, I consider them assets and include them in my net worth 77 votes
      45%
    • No, these are grown man/woman toys and have nothing to do with my net worth 96 votes
      55%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Garage3 (resized).jpg
    Garage2 (resized).jpg
    Garage1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 3 years ago

I don’t disagree with what anyone has said however you should include your pinball in your net worth. Pinball games have cash value the same as a house, cars, stocks or anything else.

The great thing about pinball is games are typically worth what you paid for them sometimes more sometimes less... so when you buy one you can typically get your money back. In the pinball world most people use the money from a sale of a pinball to buy another pinball a never ending cycle you can say.

With all that being said how many pinball games you own isn’t about your net worth however it is access to cash.

If something happened in your family you could sell pinballs for cash. I know people who got divorced and those pinball games because part of their combined net worth. People sell pinballs for other pinballs but some to payoff bills, unexpected medical emergency, put their kids thru college, help your daughter get married, or just moving on in life to something else. Some of you acquired pinballs 10 15 years ago and in todays market you could sell everything for a 100k maybe 200k or who knows. So you just say it has no net worth value??? Everything you own is about net worth value whether you collect hot wheels or pinball games. In the event you need to sell you need to know how much you could hope to come up with in cash.

To say a pinball machine isn’t part of your net worth is the same thing as saying your stocks or 401k isn’t either. I realize you see your pinball games as your hobby but its an expensive hobby to say the least. LOL But its still part of assets you own.

It’s not about money but when you buy pinballs your can rest assured that the money is well spent because you can turn those games into cash if the need arises. I don’t see my pinball games as part of net worth but that doesn’t mean they’re aren’t if they hold cash value. Everything you own that can be turned into cash is part of your net worth even if its just something you consider your hobby. Why don’t you collect about 20 of these thing at a cost of lets say 175k and your house burns down... then you’ll be screaming about how much they’re worth. Hopefully you see the point. Yes they’re a hobby but in the bigger scheme of things they[really part of your net worth and should be treated as such. Insure them, document everything, and maybe one day when you want to retire to a small island house and you can only keep one pinball but need 75k more in cash... well there you go.

Just a different point of view on this topic.

2 weeks later
    #68 3 years ago

WOW TERRIBLE!!!! I said exactly what if you have a fire are you going to say to your insurance company... oh don’t worry about those pinball isn’t about money.

Pinball machines are worth very close to or more than you paid for them. They have a net worth. Place them on your insurance and into any loan application for your own personal net worth. I hope the guy above had insurance and was able to replace all those incredible machines. Very sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-collection-amp-net-worth?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.