8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rockytop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

What are your thoughts on a pinball clubhouse idea?

Concept: Share space and expenses in a building or warehouse for pinball. Each member would pay dues to cover costs and have 2 working titles at the clubhouse to be a member. You would have to have rules in place and docs to sign about guests, damaged games, etc...I would probably have security system in place.

Pros

1. Share space and rent
    2. Get to play a lot of games
    3. Could be a cool community thing, with the right people

Cons

1. People could damage or steal your games
    2. The wrong people could make life miserable
    3. It would take time to manage it

#2 8 years ago

City codes should be followed so when someone gets mad/jealous and reports that you're running a speakeasy with strippers, you're able to say you're legit on code and city regs when the cops show up.

#3 8 years ago

Way too many problems vs. reward
    your better off playing each others games at home, rotating houses

#4 8 years ago

Keep it a private club. Like a fraternity, they can get away with a lot more than a public establishment. Invite only. 3 month probation period. Members vote anonymously whether new member becomes permanent after probation. Collect dues to cover costs.

#5 8 years ago

Yup, theft would be rampant.

Imagine spending months searching for a unobtanium part, and then having it get stolen.

I've always like the idea of a hackerspace/makerspace, but I'm not sure it would work for pinball.

I know of a few people who have done 2 and 3-way partnerships, but nothing as extensive as public or semi-public spaces.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Theft would be rampant.

This could work if each member had their own pin code for entry. And cameras. Members are responsible for any damage caused by their guest.

#7 8 years ago

I believe the Pinchurch outside New Orleans, the Game Preserve in Houston, and the Sanctum in ?Philadelphia? all operate using this kind of club structure.

#8 8 years ago

Our local group has kicked around this idea several times. The biggest issues have all been mentioned above, but the other one is finding a decent spot for a decent price. It can be VERY hard to do depending on your location.

#9 8 years ago

Thanks for the input and thoughts. I think if I did something like this, step #1 would be be to already have in place a small community of like minded good people. I don't think I would Field of Dreams it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-clubhouse-idea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.