IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #931 Announcement of returning to the project Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #935 Follow-up comments for the announcement Posted by pkiefert (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#422 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

You're assuming that everyone in this hobby plays pinball. Some treat pinball like baseball cards and stamps and I don't understand why you seem to have a problem with that.

I really don't like the concept of forced exclusivity. Python had it right. Someone with real passion wants to share that passion with as many people as possible, even if it's their own downfall.

Someone who wants to feel superior to other people would see limited runs as a chance to "hang a painting on the wall". That's fine if you like that kind of stuff, just don't expect a lot of support from the 99%.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

and then again at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta which we are speaking at in June.

Oh snap, will we get to play something at SFGE?!!?!

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I see. You live in a world where you believe everyone should get the same treatments and receive the same services and healthcare.

I definitely believe everyone should have access to the same healthcare. No child should suffer because their parents can't afford it.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

In your world, nothing should be privileged: No VIP, no First Class Flights, no "Fast Pass" at amusement parks, no private schools, etc, etc....
After living in places like Syria and Afghanistan, I always kiss the exclusive privileged ground of America every time the plane lands back here. I will always demand exclusivity, because I have that freedom.

My world? Sorry man, but you don't know shit about me. I actually agree with VIP, First Class Flights, etc.....

However, I don't agree with the selfish notion that basic services should be based on income. Access to healthcare, basic foods, etc... are required by human life. VIP service and pinball machines are a luxury. That's the BIG difference. Buy as many first class tickets as you want, but enjoy your wakeup call when I sit next to you. Not everyone who can afford it likes to rub it in people's faces.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Oh, you mean someone like me who has 12 pinball machines on free play at six youth centers in order to recruit the younger generation to pinball? What have you passionately done for your community in regards to pinball?

Great for you man. So underprivileged kids can have access to your pinballs, just not your doctors? Got it. What have I done? Probably nothing, and not the topic of the discussion anyway.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

1. It is very arrogant to tell someone what to do with their money.

I'm not telling you how to spend your money. Stop twisting the argument away from the original one. I'm telling you that your desire to somehow be superior to other pinheads purely through money and forced exclusivity is a position that I don't respect at all.

You want Pinball Circus to have a limited run so that you could brag about having one. That's what I take issue with.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

2. It is very arrogant to think that you speak for the entire pinball community.

I don't speak for the entire community, and you aren't the only person that collects things the way you do. I speak only for myself, and I think being selfish isn't cool, end of story.

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Yep. It will have limited play at Allentown since we still have the playfields that were signed by Python in it, but at the SFGE we plan to swap them out for a different set of playfields so that it can be played much more frequently.
We are also speaking at the SFGE about the project during one of the seminars.

Sweet!! Looking forward to it.

1 month later
#566 8 years ago

Don't forget to stop by the Pinside meet up at SFGE. Friday night at 9:30 in the Dogwood room.

Maybe the pinball circus team would be cool enough to bring some art or something to show off at the meet and greet?

3 weeks later
#593 8 years ago

I checked out pinball circus today. What a cool concept. The DMD is beautiful without any block lines.

Picked up a nice piece of art from the booth as well.

#600 8 years ago

I totally forgot to take any picture of it. I was so star struck it didn't even enter my mind. Even my wife thought it looked like a neat game.

3 months later
#663 8 years ago

It's a little bit of news that production is iffy. I bought merch and supported the project thinking I was supporting getting these things designed and to production.

Is all the money raised going toward funding sample games for the team, or are those people receiving them paying a price for the machine above the money that is donated/raised?

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, I just want to have clarity for myself.

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

If you bought something then you received something. This is not a Magic Girl situation where we are taking peoples money up front and they get nothing in return. We are raising funds by selling parts and other merchandise. The buyer is getting what they are paying for right then and there.

I get that, but is the money going to fund the sample games for the team members and the giveaways?

I'm not against that, I just want to know. People should get some reward for working hard on it, but I doubt I would have opened my wallet as easy if that's the case. If production is a secondary to getting your own games paid for, just be on the level about that.

#701 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you bought a t-shirt you got a shirt. Not a stake in the company.
To the best of my knowledge no one has put down pre-order dollars. I really don't get why we're owed anything here.

Yep, I did get what I paid for, and I'm happy with my items. Next time I will be a smarter consumer and more clearly understand what I am supporting when I purchase "just a piece of art" or " just a shirt".

#708 8 years ago

Like I said, I'm happy with my purchases, and I will probably purchase more. I also have some appreciation for the amount of work you guys are putting into it. I really liked seeing the game at SFGE in June and look forward to seeing it again. I just wanted to know more clearly what the goals are, it's partially my fault for not having attended any of your seminars.

6 months later
#805 8 years ago

Does anyone know if the latest stuff will be at SFGE?

1 year later
#912 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Treeeeee fiddy

It would have to be a nessy instead of a snake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.