IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #931 Announcement of returning to the project Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #935 Follow-up comments for the announcement Posted by pkiefert (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#784 8 years ago

Seems like a lot of people like to work others up on this forum and "Monday night quarterback". Some key people just decided to take their ball and go home. Kinda sad as others like to be informed and to see what is going on. I wish the best for this project and hope they do a production run when finished if they have the means and capability. I'm in this hobby for the love of pinball and some of the really awesome people in this hobby as well. I know owning a Pinball Circus would be a dream for a lot of folks, myself included. I enjoy the game every time I've had the chance to play it.

1 month later
#798 8 years ago

Any information on this project anyone?

2 months later
#809 7 years ago

Does anyone have any update on the progress of this or any news related at all?

2 months later
#836 7 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I played the one at the Pinball Museum in Vegas for a good hour or so a couple of months ago, and the idea of buying a NIB one with complete game code makes me as giddy as a 9 year-old on X-mas Eve!
A sort of legendary mystique has developed about the game which made for a momentarily surreal experience when I first walked up to it (particularly given the rather spartan environment in that building, and that it was just sitting there so unassumingly plopped down next to some modern Sterns - seems like it should have been placed on a rotating pedastal under spotlights with an attractive Asian model there to narrate the game's history and give playing tips ). The code was of course rudimentary, but the 3d layout and shots were lots of fun anyway, and will give the software developers a LOT to work with for the remake. The game is beautiful too, inside and out.
I know there have not been many updates, but there is something about the entire project which really makes me believe it's going to come to pass. It would be easy to lump this game in with other pie in the sky projects which have recently fleeced a lot of folks, but I get a very different vibe from these guys (and am building the funds in anticipation).

I am hoping the same this game is so much fun and cool! I am also optimistic that it will be offered for sale down the line. What a cool concept...if I was talented to make a homebrew pin this would be the style I would go for. I think it is so unique and has lots of possibilities!

6 months later
#857 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not being made at this time.

The 12 or so stopped being made?

#858 7 years ago

This project just got abandoned?

1 month later
#871 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

And just sit unsold after the first 30 or 40 sell?

There is more interest then that.

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How much more?

It's only my opinion, I could be wrong. The game is fun and unique and that is from only playing the game at PHOF. With the info on the changes that were being included, I would think they would sale quite a few copies more then 50.

2 weeks later
#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Radio silence from the guys doing it isn't a good sign.

I think someone on the team got pissed off at Pinside so I don't think radio silence on Pinside means anything as far as the project is concerned.

1 week later
#919 6 years ago

Old info removed, thought it was current.

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from billyd:

Im ready to buy !

Count me in too! I hope this does go into production.

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Jonathan,
All reasonable points.
The best part is that Python agreed with you on the "If it doesn't work, it's not going in the game as-is." He said he trusted us to do what's right for the game.
And you are correct, the snake mech sucks in it's current form. We've tried it with a servo. We've tried it with a coil like it was originally designed, etc. This is one of the things we determined didn't work as-is and will be dealt in the next whitewood. Can't say too much more about the plans for the snake, but it will not stay like it is.
Paul

I wonder if it would be possible to design A flat kicker assembly, if you will, at the tip of the snake head so it could really kick it back into play.

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Not yet. Currently the first whitewood has been deemed completed. It's essentially fully playable but with limited rules and molded pretty much exactly like the one at the PHOF except for adding the snake mech back in.
This whitewood is being used to determine what works and what doesn't and modifications are being made and more of python's ruleset and ideas are being explored and/or implemented in the second whitewood that is being produced now.
I'm looking at making a "State of the Circus" video that would explain all of this in a little more detail.

Thanks for all the new information your sharing. Such a fantastic project! Looking forward to the video. I am very happy this project has been rekindled.

3 months later
#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We will be there, but we won't be bringing a game with us this year. We will start showing some of the second white wood in the coming months.
The whitewood was a great proof of concept and we got to try a few of the things Python wanted to try, but it really doesn't play super well, so it's basically been retired from show play.
The next whitewood will play significantly better and will be brought to shows as soon as it's in a playable state.
We will have a couple sets of Mini Playfields for sale at Expo if someone doesn't snag them before the show along with some new swag.
Paul

Can't wait to see the whitewoood at shows!

3 years later
#1060 3 years ago

I truly believe both this title and Kingpin will be made. Covid 19 has effectively put a stop to a lot of things and this project I am sure is affected by it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.