IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #931 Announcement of returning to the project Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #935 Follow-up comments for the announcement Posted by pkiefert (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 9 years ago

Surprised at the negativity considering Pinball Circus is what most people often ask for: Original unlicensed theme & something totally unique. Maybe we've just hit collective burn-out or something....I feel like a year or two ago, people would be like "HOLY SHIT, they're FINALLY making Pinball Circus! Sign me up!"

Mark me "interested"...of course I want to hear about the production gameplan & pricing first.

9 months later
#353 9 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We have written permission from Matt at Planetary Pinball for the prototypes and the 12 sample games.
We are still working out the details for the production run, but the hope is to make as many production games as there are demand for.

Sounds great & progress is looking great so far.

Is there an possibility for a colorized display? It can't be done (so far) on CV due to how it's mounted...is there anything about the mounting of the display in Pinball Circus that would prevent a bigger LCD from being used?

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

From a collector's perspective, that sucks.

Not all collectors are selfish elitists who need bragging rights for their wooden box. Most collectors actually play and enjoy their games and don't mind if their neighbor can get one too.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice how you and others went out of your way to put LEs and Premiums in your collection, instead of just buying a production model of certain games.
I might be a "selfish elitist" but, at least I'm not a hypocrite.

How am I a hypocrite? If you're talking about Stern games - I wanted certain extra features or art packages. LE and Premiums are production models. They offer them for sale and I chose to buy the one I wanted.

Premiums are unlimited and have the features of LEs. I'm all for premiums. I wouldn't deny anyone an opportunity to buy a new fully featured Stern.

In any case Stern's Premium/Pro/LE model has nothing to do with this conversation. These guys are doing an amazing thing by making Python's dream game a reality. To look down on the project for not setting a limited number from the getgo is just something I can't understand. When it's all said and done, this game will be "collectible"...it's a niche product for the pinheads...it's not going to be a huge mass market seller like a Stern game.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Because you want the same thing that I do, that's why.

No, you and I want entirely different things. You want an item to covet. I want a game to play. You're the guy who has BBB and then tells people it sucks! You have it "just to have it". If I had a BBB I'd play it until it was splinters and dust!

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Something that is different from a production model....period!

Your'e so completely wrong. Every Stern game is a production model! I'm not buying Stern prototypes. I have an AC/DC Premium that I'm perfectly happy with. I don't need an LE to have an LE. Stern makes these different models so you can buy on a budget or pay more for the full experience...I buy a game for the full experience, not to have something "different".

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

There are others that want this as well but, are afraid to speak up.

LOL...why do people want these guys to not build as many as people want to buy? That's so selfish to tell someone how to run their business for the sake of feeling "special".

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

If the 12 prototypes are vastly different from the production models, rest assured "self elitists" will want a prototype over a production model.
Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if you were the first one in line for one.

You know NOTHING about me. NOTHING. Why would I want a prototype!? I don't have any prototypes. If this thing gets to a full production, I'm interested in buying one because I think it's a cool game and I wanna play the crap out of it. You can have the prototypes to stare at.

#403 9 years ago

This is so beyond off topic now. No more cliché Stern rants.

Back to Pinball Circus, please!

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

The most intricate and longest wireform ramp of any pinball machine ever has been completed!! Made completely by hand and we have the burn blisters from spot welding to prove it.:
circus.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
PS: You can watch the video on the circus maximus's facebook page

Just curious - and I guess this goes for all games, not just this one. Once a wireform is created, how is it mass produced so that every piece is bent and shaped correctly? Is a mold made? I've always wondered.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

You're assuming that everyone in this hobby plays pinball. Some treat pinball like baseball cards and stamps and I don't understand why you seem to have a problem with that.

Because it's stupid. They're big giant f*cking games. Play them. If you buy these big cumbersome games and don't play them...you make zero sense as a person and should immediately seek therapy. You might as well collect useless things like baseball cards and stamps, not intricate playable pieces of machinery.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The AC/DC LE has a lower playfield unlike the Pro version. So yes, you bought it because it was "different."

I don't have the LE. I have a Premium. Mass produced, no limit. Stern games aren't something you buy to be different....there are thousands of Premiums. There's no forced exclusivity - Stern markets different models for different customers and their needs.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Making the suggestion or hoping for an LE run is nothing new. Where have you been?

That's fine....but I wouldn't insult a company and their product if they chose not to. Forcing a limit is a marketing gimmick - there's no guarantee of collectibility. I have more respect for a game that doesn't have an artificial limit - that means the maker has enough confidence in the product to sell as many as there is demand for. If it becomes a collectible later down the road, so be it. Collectibles are rarely predicted to be collectible.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

If you own a LE, you own a game that is "different", was made in limited numbers and will not be ran again........just like a prototype!!!

Once again, wrong. I didn't want something "different". Stern offered 3 variations. Pro, Premium and LE. I chose Premium because the LE was sold out and I wanted the full version, not the economy model...not because it had any kind of brag factor. There are probably more Premiums than Pros, anyway...I have the most common version. You could just as easily say someone bought the Pro to be "different"...that still doesn't make it true.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

We both want the same thing, but for different reasons.

I guess that's the only thing I can agree with you on...we both want Pinball Circus, right?

-You want Pinball Circus to stare at and never play....and you don't want any one else to have it so that you may brag about yours and its value.

-I want Pinball Circus to play thousands of times with friends and family.

....and now that there's no way you can possibly have anything else to say about this...BACK TO PINBALL CIRCUS! WooooOOOOooOOoo!!!!!

5 months later
#650 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Here is where I have a problem with Expo. I REALLY want to go to this seminar. But I'm not cool with paying $60 to do so. I wish there was a way to pay only for the seminars you wanted, at a reduced price.

Just walk in. No one checks badges for seminars.

1 year later
#878 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

It is fun and unique and the Earth would be a cooler planet for each additional one of these in existence.
Having said that, I can't promise I'd be buying one, though.
Bummer this project stalled out

I was interested a few years ago when I played their proto at expo but I kinda don't care any more. Still be cool to see it finished, but like you - no promises. No pre-order, that's for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 40.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.