IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #931 Announcement of returning to the project Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #935 Follow-up comments for the announcement Posted by pkiefert (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PaulCoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 years later
#947 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Having spent 2 weeks with Python and having seen him in some of his best and worst moments I would advise anyone not to concentrate on what Python would have wanted. As much as I appreciate his creativity, which undoubtly was superior than most people's at Williams at the time, Python simply thought that all his ideas were great. And they weren't. He also claimed to be a designer, but I would trim that down to conceptual designer as Python usually would only come up with a rough sketch and someone else had to actually build it and make it happen. Then it's easy to complain that they didn't do it right, which he clearly did on a non-stop basis.
Python insisted that the snake mech in between the flippers got in the remake of PC. I doubt he ever got to play the game with the mech on while he was still at WMS. Having played the remake whitewood myself at Expo a few years ago: the mech sucks in its curerent design and I completely understand why people at WMS advised to take it out and put the flippers closer together. Just because something seemed like a great idea in Python's head doesn't mean it works. If it doesn't work, don't put it in the game. To add some constructive critisism: the only way it may actually work is to have the rubber below the snakehead not be like an triangular or round shape, but as a flat horizontal rubber where the ball lands on and can bounce back.

will you be writing an article regarding Python in your magazine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 85.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PaulCoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade?tu=PaulCoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.