Topic Stats

• 1,057 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by cyberslunk
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0443633A-B7F0-4CDF-BE1E-8202D02F245E (resized).jpeg
Python2 (resized).JPG
IMG_9853 (resized).JPG
IMG_2891 (resized).JPG
IMG_2892 (resized).JPG
IMG_2890 (resized).JPG
IMG_2880 (resized).JPG
IMG_2886 (resized).JPG
IMG_2869 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1057 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.
#351 4 years ago

This is such an awesome project thanks for posting the video!

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Great update, just asked on other thread....What is the plan for the numbers produced? I am hoping they are not limiting this one.

We have permission from Matt at Planetary Pinball for the prototypes and the 12 sample games.

We are still working out the details for the production run, but the hope is to make as many production games as there are demand for.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We have written permission from Matt at Planetary Pinball for the prototypes and the 12 sample games.
We are still working out the details for the production run, but the hope is to make as many production games as there are demand for.

Sounds great & progress is looking great so far.

Is there an possibility for a colorized display? It can't be done (so far) on CV due to how it's mounted...is there anything about the mounting of the display in Pinball Circus that would prevent a bigger LCD from being used?

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Isn't the story that these were too expensive to purchase and took up too much space, yet didn't produce any additional revenue?

The real story:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/2#post-1731651

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is there an possibility for a colorized display?

Maybe. It's something that is on our radar.

I don't think there is anything mounting wise that will prevent something like a color dmd from being mounted to the backboard.

#356 4 years ago

That is indeed the quote that is on the machine at the Pinball Hall of Fame. We think there is some truth in that.

We have found that from a BOM view, the game didn't seem significantly more costly than it's predecessors at about $200ish more than other games from it's time.

Not sure if that translated to $1000 more for the German distributor, but it may have.

The number of games that fit into a shipping container was also a concern for overseas sales, and that may have also contributed to an increase in costs to the German distributor if they couldn't fit as many games into a container as the standard pinball format.

The cabinet is a beast. No doubt about that.

#357 4 years ago

If its using PinHeck, will the code be open-source too?

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

Since it's a licensed title I would say the answer is probably "no".

#359 4 years ago

Nice to see some progress. Thanks for the video.

#360 4 years ago

Here's the second new vid, showing a new wireform

I have to believe this is making Python proud!

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

....the hope is to make as many production games as there are demand for.

From a collector's perspective, that sucks.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Yeah, because the 23k TAFs made really hurt their value

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

If possible, yes.

We are fans/supporters of open source, so if we can do it we will.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I think Python's vision was to get as many made for all that wanted them. It wasn't about it being for the "select few" it was about it being for the masses.

I guess if your concerned about collectibility then it would be best to try and secure one of the sample machines.

I like others believe this machine would be incredible with a color DMD.

Looking forward to the progress.

chris

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

well, if you define "collector" as "someone who has a museum that is full of unobtainable machines", i suppose you are correct...

i like to use a bit of a broader definition of "collector"... and it would be a shame if the people in my broader definition would never have the chance to own/play one...

i am an "em collector" (under my definition of "collector", you won't find any museum pieces in my gameroom )... i'd LOVE one of these... the whole "rube goldberg" concept (alluded to by aurich earlier) i find to be very fascinating...

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

If you were a true collector you wouldn't like that they were being remade to begin with! True collectors only play games that have production runs under 10. If other people can play games, it's just no fun.

#367 4 years ago

You better bet we hope to put one at The Sanctum here in Connecticut. Everyone needs a chance to play it. Not just people in my house

-Jim

#368 4 years ago

Just wondering if this might make an appearance (even if not fully working) at the Allentown show.

Chris

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Just wondering if this might make an appearance (even if not fully working) at the Allentown show.
Chris

dang, that would make an already much anticipated show even MORE anticipated if we heard that!!

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

True collectors only play games that have production runs under 10.

True collectors actually play their games? I thought they just wiped them down with diapers every once in a while.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Chris

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/7#post-2304986

Even if it does make it to the Sanctum, probably the only NIB game I can see myself buying in the foreseeable future.

viperrwk

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

You better bet we hope to put one at The Sanctum here in Connecticut. Everyone needs a chance to play it. Not just people in my house
-Jim

i will make the drive from hell to come play it if you get it... and that's coming from a guy who has ZERO interest in modern pinball... but this thing is just WAY frikken cool...

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/7#post-2304986
Even if it does make it to the Sanctum, probably the only NIB game I can see myself buying in the foreseeable future.
viperrwk

Yeah, waiting to see what this comes out at. 5-6k makes more sense to buy this than a 2 decade old game where they made 15k of them.

Other big question will be how deep the game is. Going to have to wait till it gets closer to release and make a point to go to a show just for this.

#374 4 years ago

Its already been said from the boys doing this for Python that they want as many games in as many peoples hands as possible if the demand and manufacturing is there. We just saw they bought the manufacturing facility so im going to assume the "collectors" are screwed

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

True collectors actually play their games? I thought they just wiped them down with diapers every once in a while.

Is it still really HUO if you wipe it down though?

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I wish that every pin ever made was available in abundance.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Not all collectors are selfish elitists who need bragging rights for their wooden box. Most collectors actually play and enjoy their games and don't mind if their neighbor can get one too.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

a big "AMEN" from the choir....

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not all collectors are selfish elitists who need bragging rights for their wooden box. Most collectors actually play and enjoy their games and don't mind if their neighbor can get one too.

We are not talking about those ones

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Maybe. It's something that is on our radar.
I don't think there is anything mounting wise that will prevent something like a color dmd from being mounted to the backboard.

These color LED displays are barely bigger than a traditional DMD when you consider the board. The visible area is about 15% larger. Much easier to fit into a predefined space like that where there's no backglass to hide the rest of a ColorDMD style monitor.

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1396.0

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice how you and others went out of your way to put LEs and Premiums in your collection, instead of just buying a production model of certain games.

I might be a "selfish elitist" but, at least I'm not a hypocrite.

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

And every game was $500 or less. Then we can have more of them.

As for people owning LE's. Some do buy them because of the rarity. Personally I own 1 LE and 1 premium. My TF is an LE because they really don't have a premium and I like the right ramp shot. It's closer and I can backhand it. Also like the starscream diverter. AC/DC you need the premium because of the bell rerouting completely changes how the game plays. Almost a necessity to keep balls from shooting down the center. But games like Metallica, I like the pro better because the hammer is unsightly and in the way. So it doesn't always mean it's about rarity. As most have seen. LE's usually don't mean shit on the resale market.

#383 4 years ago

I want one of these to put beside my Pinbot. I hope that by the time they are ready for sale there is a Bride or a Big Guns to go with them. I will enjoy playing all of them often.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice how you and others went out of your way to put LEs and Premiums in your collection, instead of just buying a production model of certain games.
I might be a "selfish elitist" but, at least I'm not a hypocrite.

How am I a hypocrite? If you're talking about Stern games - I wanted certain extra features or art packages. LE and Premiums are production models. They offer them for sale and I chose to buy the one I wanted.

Premiums are unlimited and have the features of LEs. I'm all for premiums. I wouldn't deny anyone an opportunity to buy a new fully featured Stern.

In any case Stern's Premium/Pro/LE model has nothing to do with this conversation. These guys are doing an amazing thing by making Python's dream game a reality. To look down on the project for not setting a limited number from the getgo is just something I can't understand. When it's all said and done, this game will be "collectible"...it's a niche product for the pinheads...it's not going to be a huge mass market seller like a Stern game.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Isn't the story that these were too expensive to purchase and took up too much space, yet didn't produce any additional revenue?

According to the other thread the dimensions the game makes a smaller footprint that a standard pinball machine.

Circus: 25"x44"x75"
Attach From Mars: 29"x54"x76" (my measurements)

#386 4 years ago

pyton told me directly it doesn't take anymore wood or supplies to make PC as it does any other machine. Said the only difference is, that it's standing on end instead. materials arn't any different. And if you take the playfield and mini playfields, lay them out, it equals close to one playfield to make. So the cost isn't much more than any other game. Only added cost would be 6 flipper mechs instead of 2-4. But BW100 had 8 and they made those just fine.

#387 4 years ago

Has to be some reason they only made 2

#388 4 years ago

probably because they had to change how everything was made. Cabinet was redesigned, so you have to have a new cabinet setup. So many mini playfields, probably extra charge there. Plus it's a newer concept so there is a lot of risk with operators, since they were the only buyers back then.

there are many many games that never made it past prototype stage, for whatever reason or another. Not all of them are due to being a crappy game.

#389 4 years ago

Woah, I just saw an old post saying you guys were going to bring this to Allentown! Is that still planned? I'm going and I would love to get to see this machine!

#390 4 years ago

Any update on PPC Poster?

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How am I a hypocrite? I wanted certain extra features or art packages.

Because you want the same thing that I do, that's why. Something that is different from a production model....period!

There are others that want this as well but, are afraid to speak up.

If the 12 prototypes are vastly different from the production models, rest assured "self elitists" will want a prototype over a production model.

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if you were the first one in line for one.

#392 4 years ago

By the way guys, Paul and I have already had conversations about this concern a year ago.

I'm not stirring up shit or posting anything that we haven't already talked about.

I support these guys 100% and commend their efforts to making this project a reality.

#393 4 years ago

Interesting, and commendable to have gotten this far. If I were to want a circus theme game though I would prefer a CV remake.

#394 4 years ago

Don't listen to him Greg back in the day he built a great collection " one of the self elitist " today he is missing out and can't keep up so you get these comments.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Because you want the same thing that I do, that's why.

No, you and I want entirely different things. You want an item to covet. I want a game to play. You're the guy who has BBB and then tells people it sucks! You have it "just to have it". If I had a BBB I'd play it until it was splinters and dust!

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Something that is different from a production model....period!

Your'e so completely wrong. Every Stern game is a production model! I'm not buying Stern prototypes. I have an AC/DC Premium that I'm perfectly happy with. I don't need an LE to have an LE. Stern makes these different models so you can buy on a budget or pay more for the full experience...I buy a game for the full experience, not to have something "different".

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

LOL...why do people want these guys to not build as many as people want to buy? That's so selfish to tell someone how to run their business for the sake of feeling "special".

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

If the 12 prototypes are vastly different from the production models, rest assured "self elitists" will want a prototype over a production model.

You know NOTHING about me. NOTHING. Why would I want a prototype!? I don't have any prototypes. If this thing gets to a full production, I'm interested in buying one because I think it's a cool game and I wanna play the crap out of it. You can have the prototypes to stare at.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, you and I want entirely different things. You want an item to covet. I want a game to play.

You're assuming that everyone in this hobby plays pinball. Some treat pinball like baseball cards and stamps and I don't understand why you seem to have a problem with that.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Your'e so completely wrong. Every Stern game is a production model! I'm not buying Stern prototypes. I have an AC/DC Premium that I'm perfectly happy with. I don't need an LE to have an LE. Stern makes these different models so you can buy on a budget or pay more for the full experience...I buy a game for the full experience, not to have something "different".

The AC/DC LE has a lower playfield unlike the Pro version. So yes, you bought it because it was "different."

Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...why do people want these guys to not build as many as people want to buy? That's so selfish to tell someone how to run their business for the sake of feeling "special".

Making the suggestion or hoping for an LE run is nothing new. Where have you been?

Quoted from Rarehero:

You know NOTHING about me. NOTHING. Why would I want a prototype!? I don't have any prototypes. If this thing gets to a full production, I'm interested in buying one because I think it's a cool game and I wanna play the crap out of it. You can have the prototypes to stare at.

If you own a LE, you own a game that is "different", was made in limited numbers and will not be ran again........just like a prototype!!!

We both want the same thing, but for different reasons.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Don't listen to him Greg back in the day he built a great collection " one of the self elitist " today he is missing out and can't keep up so you get these comments.

The last incomplete code game I bought was CC.

I vowed not to make that mistake again.

That might explain why I'm missing out.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Because you want the same thing that I do, that's why. Something that is different from a production model....period!

\

I have to disagree here. Why do you want something different from the production model? This LE/premium system is a bunch of shit. Just another way for Stern to jack prices up 2k and make you feel justified in doing so. Even tho, it's only $50-200 worth of extra shit in it. You know damn well they could be making just one model for the same price as pros. but you guys line up for this shit and pay through the ass for it, so why not? I'll be happy when the Premium vs Pro bullshit is finally done and they just make 1 game...and only 1 game. It's only JJP and Stern doing this crap anyway. You don't see the smaller players doing this crap.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

\
I have to disagree here. Why do you want something different from the production model? This LE/premium system is a bunch of shit. Just another way for Stern to jack prices up 2k and make you feel justified in doing so. Even tho, it's only $50-200 worth of extra shit in it. You know damn well they could be making just one model for the same price as pros. but you guys line up for this shit and pay through the ass for it, so why not? I'll be happy when the Premium vs Pro bullshit is finally done and they just make 1 game...and only 1 game. It's only JJP and Stern doing this crap anyway. You don't see the smaller players doing this crap.

I don't think prototype vs production model would make any difference - so I agree with you there.

But I disagree that LE's only have $50-$200 worth of extras. Granted some games have more than others. But STLE adds full powdercoat (with different armor), multicolor LEDs, real backglass, side emblems, metal speaker panel, crashing vengeance, ramp LEDs, kickback and a freakin laser!!! Way more than $200 worth...

#400 4 years ago

it's not more than $200, because the pro still has speaker panel, so you are not cutting cost there, translite, which you have to figure out cost difference between bg and translite, Multi LED vs LED. Kickback/extra coil for vengeance isn't a huge cost. Remember Stern doesn't pay what we pay. not even close. When you order this shit by the 1000's, the price is very very small. Laser doesn't cost much. I buy lasers for computer towers and a triple laser is $5-10. If they are buying in bulk, you know they are getting them for $1 each. The baked potatoes don't cost that much either. Don't forget, you still have things on the pro that cost money, so things like powder coated legs dont' mean shit if the pro has black powder coated legs. Powder coating is powder coating. My LOTR has black powder coated everything. Still cost $3400 shipped to my door.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 200.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maple Street Sign Shop
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 18.95
$ 89.99
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 19.95
There are 1057 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside