IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.
#1001 6 years ago

I'm still in on this one like I was from the start!

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Is it the one on the right? I JUST framed mine.

Yes AL, it sure is!

Chirs

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What is that great pic on the left??

BOP - Age 75 version

#1004 6 years ago

Great stuff!!

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Bride of Pinbot at age 75. LOL!

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Bride of Pinbot at age 75. LOL!

Lucky enough to be at the party where Python sketched that. Amazing guy and a great night.
Thanks for the invite Al!

Python2 (resized).JPGPython2 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1007 6 years ago

I'm still in too.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into making something like this happen.

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As Joel said it's an original Python drawing of Bride of Pinbot at age 75. Python was at my house in December of 2012 and I told everyone in GA they could come by and meet him. We had a big turn out. He was drawing pictures for kids and we asked him to do something we could make into a T-Shirt so he did that from a sketch he had previously done as a joke. We made and sold 100 shirts and I framed the original. There are pictures of the night at the club's webpage at: http://gapas.net/?page_id=64&wppa-album=2&wppa-cover=0&wppa-occur=1

2 weeks later
#1009 6 years ago

All,

I'm in a car with James heading back from a trip to Chicago.

Lots of fun merch in progress we hope to have at expo this year.

Lots of new pinball stories, of which about half cannot be repeated.

Anyways, we do have an item of on eBay that while not Circus related it is arcade related and a unique item being sold with the profits going to the Circus project.

If you are interested, please give it a look.

ebay.com link: itm

More updates on Circus after we decompress from this trip a little.

Paul

2 weeks later
#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

All,
I'm in a car with James heading back from a trip to Chicago.
Lots of fun merch in progress we hope to have at expo this year.
Lots of new pinball stories, of which about half cannot be repeated.
Anyways, we do have an item of on eBay that while not Circus related it is arcade related and a unique item being sold with the profits going to the Circus project.
If you are interested, please give it a look.
ebay.com link
More updates on Circus after we decompress from this trip a little.
Paul

Any chance you'll have a playable game at Expo next month? We missed you last year!

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Any chance you'll have a playable game at Expo next month? We missed you last year!

We will be there, but we won't be bringing a game with us this year. We will start showing some of the second white wood in the coming months.

The whitewood was a great proof of concept and we got to try a few of the things Python wanted to try, but it really doesn't play super well, so it's basically been retired from show play.

The next whitewood will play significantly better and will be brought to shows as soon as it's in a playable state.

We will have a couple sets of Mini Playfields for sale at Expo if someone doesn't snag them before the show along with some new swag.

Paul

1 week later
#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We will be there, but we won't be bringing a game with us this year. We will start showing some of the second white wood in the coming months.
The whitewood was a great proof of concept and we got to try a few of the things Python wanted to try, but it really doesn't play super well, so it's basically been retired from show play.
The next whitewood will play significantly better and will be brought to shows as soon as it's in a playable state.
We will have a couple sets of Mini Playfields for sale at Expo if someone doesn't snag them before the show along with some new swag.
Paul

Can't wait to see the whitewoood at shows!

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Paul

Please, please consider closing / modifying the bottom flipper gap. I know you guys are trying to be true to Python and I respect that. But even Mr. Anghelo knew that prototypes were always tweaked by contributions from others and the final product could work better than the original vision. And even though he was somewhat of a rebel and one of a kind, he appreciated teamwork.

My suggestion, along with a narrowed flipper gap, is to have a stationary bounce back post or a smaller kick back like Shield of Gods in Medusa.

I remain very, very interested in owning this machine someday.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please, please consider closing / modifying the bottom flipper gap. I know you guys are trying to be true to Python and I respect that.

The good news is that part of being true to Python's vision is testing the ideas, and if they didn't work, they either get tweaked so they do work or they get removed.

The second whitewood will have a different flipper gap. I don't want to say too much yet, but the bottom part of the main playfield will be changed in the next whitewood. The snake will remain part of the design, but will most likely get used in a different manner/location.

The first whitewood is not terribly fun to play, and that will be rectified.

Paul

#1015 6 years ago

Thanks for the update. More time to save for this game.

#1016 6 years ago

I don't remember from game play videos, but was the snake coil operated or on a gearbox? If it was on a gearbox and slow that could be why it doesen't work. If its coil driven i would imagine it would work like a flipper that only goes up and down instead of swinging.

#1017 6 years ago

it was coil driven. The reason it didn't work, is because there was slop in it. It would move and give, when the ball hit it, instead of bouncing off. The ball would just die and go in the middle anyway. Going to have to be tightened up a lot in order for it to work. I really think it needs to be made smaller all around. Slightly bigger than the post in medusa, and tighten the flipper gap. That would help gameplay tremendously.

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I don't remember from game play videos, but was the snake coil operated or on a gearbox? If it was on a gearbox and slow that could be why it doesen't work. If its coil driven i would imagine it would work like a flipper that only goes up and down instead of swinging.

The original was a coil. We tried it as a coil and as a servo in the whitewood. Neither worked very well. I'm not going to spill the beans yet, but the bottom half of the main playfield is being changed in whitewood #2.

Paul

2 weeks later
#1019 6 years ago

Updates on Python's Pinball Circus "remake"

Plus a teaser on the Circus Maximus secret second title

http://thisweekinpinball.com/pythons-pinball-circus-updates-secret-second-new-title/

#1020 6 years ago

Interesting article, any ideas on what the second title will be?

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Kingpin

#1022 6 years ago

At some point the team got burned out and had to take a break. But as of July of 2017, they announced their back at it!

Why build a second game before the first is completed? For several good reasons – first is the manufacturing challenges mentioned above with Python’s Pinball Circus. Another reason is that Python’s Pinball Circus is a passion project in memory of Python, and is a much more expensive machine to build than their second project. The final reason – the secret machine will be a more popular title, and would be in much higher demand than Python’s Pinball Circus, which would help fund the rest of the Circus project.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Zingy Bingy?

#1024 6 years ago

then it could be responsible for shutting down 2 pinball companies

#1025 6 years ago

I think Python's original idea for the location of the snake button absolutely needs to be made. Perhaps a limited edition since everyone seems to be doing them these days. Includes a genuine rattlesnake skin metal reinforced codpiece. I can just hear the game in action now... "Klang!... Klang!..Klangklangklangklangklang!"

#1026 6 years ago

Damn you guys find things out quickly!

Stay tuned. Exciting things are happening here.

#1027 6 years ago

More update?

2 months later
#1028 6 years ago

What's up guys?

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

What's up guys?

According to their Facebook page, they will show what's up at TPF soon.

LTG : )

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

According to their Facebook page, they will show what's up at TPF soon.

Which is pictures of them assembling a King Pin playfield (on their Facebook page).

#1031 6 years ago

If they're going that route, hopefully they go the CGC AfMr direction and make a bigger display with re-drawn high res color graphics and other modern perks. Kingpin is better than BBB, so they need to re-do it RIGHT!

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they're going that route, hopefully they go the CGC AfMr direction and make a bigger display with re-drawn high res color graphics and other modern perks. Kingpin is better than BBB, so they need to re-do it RIGHT!

It's Kingpin. They told me at Expo.

#1033 6 years ago

We will be at TPF. We will have a booth. We will have something new to show. I believe we may even have some sort of seminar, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed yet or not.

Sleep is probably not an option for us between now and TPF.

But we will talk about Python's Pinball Circus, Game #2, and probably tell plenty of Python stories, to anyone that is interested.

Paul

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We will be at TPF. We will have a booth. We will have something new to show. I believe we may even have some sort of seminar, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed yet or not.
Sleep is probably not an option for us between now and TPF.
But we will talk about Python's Pinball Circus, Game #2, and probably tell plenty of Python stories, to anyone that is interested.
Paul

There's a lot of us cheering for you guys and anxiously waiting. Best wishes.

3 weeks later
#1035 6 years ago

Hey guys still interested in the Circus!

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

Hey guys still interested in the Circus!

Yes. Python's dream will come true.

Good things take time.

3 weeks later
#1037 6 years ago

Any news out of TPF on this? I get that they are splitting their time between this and Kingpin, but hopefully they aren't splitting it TOO much, if you know what I mean.

#1038 6 years ago

Kingpin is 1st, Pinball circus need to be reworked to be a good playable game.

#1039 6 years ago

If Kingpin turns out right, they should sell a lot of them.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Kingpin is 1st, Pinball circus need to be reworked to be a good playable game.

This is a good short summary.

Basically Python's Pinball Circus needs much more work to get to production on it, so we've temporarily switched most of our resources to Kingpin, but once our new CNC machine arrives we will start cutting some modified whitewoods for Circus and be doing a little work in tandem until Kingpin is on the production line.

In general, the whitewood we built didn't play super well, so the next whitewood will correct that and continue the path of making it the greatest pinball show in the world.

#1041 6 years ago

Keep up the great work Paul and thanks for sharing your progress along the way.

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

In general, the whitewood we built didn't play super well, so the next whitewood will correct that and continue the path of making it the greatest pinball show in the world

I actually find this really encouraging.
It would be easy to copy the old parts, make a few modifications, and call it "done"... but to admit your work didn't turn out as great as you wanted and be willing to put in the extra work for re-engineering even further shows real dedication to the project (not that this was in question).
I like circus, I like pinball, I like other of Python's works, I really can't wait to see this completed (but I guess I'll have to a while longer)

3 months later
#1043 5 years ago

Is Circus going to be a large production (in the hundreds) game or is that still undecided.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Is Circus going to be a large production (in the hundreds) game or is that still undecided.

They should consider building like Spooky TNA, as long as people are buying,keep building them.
-Mike

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Our primary objective is to get as many of these into collectors hands as possible to honor Python, but we really have no idea how big of a run there will be yet. We know it will be a smaller run than Kingpin though.

There will be 12 sample games made. After that it all depends on ultimately what the demand will be for the production run. 250 is probably the minimum sized run where the economies of scale make it more reasonably priced. And unless someone like Chuck E Cheese wants them for all of their stores, I'm not sure there is a demand for more than 250 of them at the max.

There are so many custom parts on a game like Pinball Circus that building them in small batches would probably make them significantly more expensive than we'd like them to be, but we will do that if that's what the demand determines.

Paul

#1046 5 years ago

When you get closer will you do something like you did with kingpin and sell translites to guage interest?

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

When you get closer will you do something like you did with kingpin and sell translites to guage interest?

We probably will do something to gauge interest. Not sure what yet though, and that's still probably a ways off as we won't do anything with that until Kingpin is shipping.

#1048 5 years ago

Do you plan on shipping either game internationally?

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Do you plan on shipping either game internationally?

Yes

1 year later
#1050 4 years ago

I just discovered The Pinball Circus while in Las Vegas this past weekend. It was one of the highlights of my trip getting to play it. The game really spoke to me!

I read this entire thread while waiting for my flight back to Houston. I would be very interested in getting one if some of the initial 12 ever get made and become available.

0443633A-B7F0-4CDF-BE1E-8202D02F245E (resized).jpeg0443633A-B7F0-4CDF-BE1E-8202D02F245E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/21?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.