IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Then you will get a second Popeye.

Your dismissal of Python is misplaced in this thread.

#952 6 years ago

Having physically had parts and play fields to this game, I'm excited your back on track. Put me down for a game when they 're ready to build!

Thanks,
Lorenzo

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Your dismissal of Python is misplaced in this thread.

I'm just realistic. The guy had some very good creative conceptual ideas, but was clueless on mechanical engineering and a lot of other things involved in bringing a game to life and making it fun. One thing Python just couldn't accept was accepting one of his ideas didn't work. But just because he could come up with an idea doesn't mean it's a good idea. I love to see PC become a production game, but if you want it to be fun some of the things Python thought would be fun will need a lot of work to actually make them and/or the game fun.

#954 6 years ago

Jonathan's comments are actually well founded. We are hoping to make a better game than what is in the PHOF. Wait, did I say "we", I mean they...

#955 6 years ago

PC has so much potential to be something truly special. It's going to come down to software, so that you have more than just trying to get to the top and battle the clown. Going to need some good objectives on each level, plus some modes would really help break things up.

#956 6 years ago

Alright gents, I do have to interject here.

The members at CMG have a LOT of history with Python, to the tune of years getting his insights on what he saw for the game. I think its invalid to look at these types of things as black and white. We're doing everything possible to hold to the original vision of the game in the sense of its theatrics and thematic elements. As Paul stated, Python trusts the team to make changes just as he (and his team) would've had to have made back in the heyday as deemed in the best interests of the game. So, if we think that a pelvic thrust powered snake ball save-o-matic toy isn't in the best interests of the game, then okay, we'll revise as needed.

These things are very much in flux. We take Python's broad strokes and refine them as the process moves along. Everyone here has the game's best interests in mind. We're leveraging "fun" factors with the original vision and what makes the most sense as a game that people would love to play more than once or twice. We're confident that Python would've wanted the same simply because he's told us so.

Its not all black and white, we're doing the best we can with the information we have.

(Besides, if what we make is a complete pile of dogshit, Bear, a respected member of CMGs executive board, will tell us we're "doing it wrong")

-- Jimmy

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

PC has so much potential to be something truly special. It's going to come down to software, so that you have more than just trying to get to the top and battle the clown. Going to need some good objectives on each level, plus some modes would really help break things up.

My Lips are sealed!

#958 6 years ago

well i'm buying when it's ready. I've said I was there from the very beginning, and that hasn't changed over the years.

#959 6 years ago

The ultimate non pinball players pinball game, when you want to introduce them to pinball will be this game. You can have no clue about pinball, walk up to this game and know getting to the top is what to do!

#960 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Then you will get a second Popeye.

Woo hoo! Sounds good, can I color it?

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We have a few of these still. Not sure if we have any that are signed left though.

circus (resized).jpgcircus (resized).jpg

#962 6 years ago

My little Pinball Circus corner.

IMG_3149 (resized).JPGIMG_3149 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPGIMG_3151 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPGIMG_3153 (resized).JPG

#963 6 years ago

were you the guy that got those off ebay back in the day? I was watching those.

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

were you the guy that got those off ebay back in the day? I was watching those.

No, not off eBay. Got them from SFGE a few years back.

#965 6 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

My little Pinball Circus corner.

We're those my play fields??

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm the guy who had them on eBay and private sale them after

#967 6 years ago

those must be the ones I saw years ago. I almost bought them. But I would need to much stuff to finish the game

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

nope. The ones that got sold at SFGE were a batch we had made for the whitewood we were showing off. The originals are still safe with someone else.

I think we have a few more sets we are going to make available soon too.

#969 6 years ago

PPC is the reason why im on pinside,im in for it!(Want that poster too for sure)

#970 6 years ago

We had a small batch of the mini playfields blanks made to upgrade the whitewoods. These are exactly the same as the ones used in the game we were bringing to the shows. They are clear coated and pretty sweet looking. I need to get some better photos, but I've attached a few.

These were created with direct to play field technology using the original films. Please note, the letters on the Giraffe playfield inserts did not get printed on these sets.

I have two sets available for shipping to US addresses. You'll get one of the Pinbo, one of the Giraffe, and one of the Flippy playfields. These are $395 + actual shipping. Sales of these type of things go directly back into the project.

If you are interested, please PM me here on Pinside or send an email to [email protected]

Paul

IMG_2858 (resized).JPGIMG_2858 (resized).JPG

IMG_2859 (resized).JPGIMG_2859 (resized).JPG

IMG_2860 (resized).JPGIMG_2860 (resized).JPG

IMG_2861 (resized).JPGIMG_2861 (resized).JPG

IMG_2862 (resized).JPGIMG_2862 (resized).JPG

#971 6 years ago

I really hope they can fully implement Python's original concept for the game, so it can be a success.

I played the one at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas and was quite disappointed. It looks cool. However, I played one game and put up the GC score, which earned a free game. Couldn't wait for the free game to be over, as it's incredibly painfully linear, the way it plays in its current state. I highly recommend people to play several games on the remake before buying, to make sure these shortcomings are overcome.

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I really hope they can fully implement Python's original concept for the game, so it can be a success.
I played the one at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas and was quite disappointed. It looks cool. However, I played one game and put up the GC score, which earned a free game. Couldn't wait for the free game to be over, as it's incredibly painfully linear, the way it plays in its current state. I highly recommend people to play several games on the remake before buying, to make sure these shortcomings are overcome.

That's the focus of the second whitewood we are building. Getting it to play more like a pinball machine and less like a novelty game.

Python also laid out the framework for a very deep rule and mode set, which is quite different than the one at the PHOF.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Having physically had parts and play fields to this game, I'm excited your back on track. Put me down for a game when they 're ready to build!
Thanks,
Lorenzo

Me too!

Good luck guys. Make him proud!

#974 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

However, I played one game and put up the GC score, which earned a free game. Couldn't wait for the free game to be over,

Sweet humble brag!

#975 6 years ago

Just so I understand, this game is going to be available for purchase and more than just the ones for the team making them are being developed? Thanks.

#976 6 years ago

Where the 12 sample games ever produced?

#977 6 years ago

They did a drawing during their seminar at Expo a few years back where someone actually won one of the prototypes. I wonder when they will actually receive that...

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just so I understand, this game is going to be available for purchase and more than just the ones for the team making them are being developed? Thanks.

There will be several whitewoods followed by 12 sample games.

Several of the sample games will likely be available to the public with the rest going to the team members.

Then if there is enough demand we will do a production run.

Sample games will likely be more costly that a production games, but we have no idea of pricing yet and won't until we are ready to build them.

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Where the 12 sample games ever produced?

Not yet. Currently the first whitewood has been deemed completed. It's essentially fully playable but with limited rules and molded pretty much exactly like the one at the PHOF except for adding the snake mech back in.

This whitewood is being used to determine what works and what doesn't and modifications are being made and more of python's ruleset and ideas are being explored and/or implemented in the second whitewood that is being produced now.

I'm looking at making a "State of the Circus" video that would explain all of this in a little more detail.

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I played the one at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas and was quite disappointed. It looks cool. However, I played one game and put up the GC score, which earned a free game. Couldn't wait for the free game to be over, as it's incredibly painfully linear, the way it plays in its current state.

I took my daughter here, the hall of fame and the circus was the game she naturally gravitated to. She played at least 4 games. It was nice because then she stopped bothering me while I played everything else.

My point. She really liked it. It sucked out quarters.

#981 6 years ago

I am still learning quote feature apparently.

I took my daughter to the hall of fame about five years ago. She was 11.

She dropped quarter after quarter in pinball circus, which allowed me to play the rest of the games.

But my daughter quickly dropped quarters in it. Quickly.

#982 6 years ago

I'd like to play more of it now in hindsight.

Looking forward to hearing more about the project.

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Not yet. Currently the first whitewood has been deemed completed. It's essentially fully playable but with limited rules and molded pretty much exactly like the one at the PHOF except for adding the snake mech back in.
This whitewood is being used to determine what works and what doesn't and modifications are being made and more of python's ruleset and ideas are being explored and/or implemented in the second whitewood that is being produced now.
I'm looking at making a "State of the Circus" video that would explain all of this in a little more detail.

Thanks for all the new information your sharing. Such a fantastic project! Looking forward to the video. I am very happy this project has been rekindled.

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

They did a drawing during their seminar at Expo a few years back where someone actually won one of the prototypes. I wonder when they will actually receive that...

I believe James just gave away a position to be able to buy one of the sample games. The person that won it will have first dibs on a sample game, but would still need to pay for it.

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I believe James just gave away a position to be able to buy one of the sample games. The person that won it will have first dibs on a sample game, but would still need to pay for it.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Man, I really hope you guys do a production run on this game. I would sell every game I own if I had to in order to finance it. Please keep us posted!

#986 6 years ago

Yes, the raffle was for a spot on a sample game. I was the winner, I won the right to purchase one of the games, not a free game. Hoping timing will be on my side and I will have the money when they get to that point in development.

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Hoping timing will be on my side and I will have the money when they get to that point in development.

You can transfer it to me if you need to.

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Yes, the raffle was for a spot on a sample game. I was the winner, I won the right to purchase one of the games, not a free game. Hoping timing will be on my side and I will have the money when they get to that point in development.

it was the advantage of having a first and last name that was common scrabble tiles. Congrats. Let us know when you get it.

#989 6 years ago

Glad to see this Cirqus didn't go the way of Ringling Brothers.

#990 6 years ago

I am still in for a final product...

#991 6 years ago

I found one more set of Mini Playfields if anyone is interested. Better photo attached.

These are $395 + Shipping for the set. PM me here or email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Paul

IMG_2869 (resized).JPGIMG_2869 (resized).JPG

#992 6 years ago

Parts keep arriving for the second whitewood.

These slingshot assemblies from Pinball Life save us a lot of time lining up switches, etc.

Thanks to Scott Danesi's Power filter board, our coils should have some new spunk in them too. Anyone needing a PCB manufacturer would likely be happy with pcbway.com. I ordered these boards and they arrived here in just over a week and that didn't include any rush fees.

Paul

IMG_2886 (resized).JPGIMG_2886 (resized).JPG

IMG_2880 (resized).JPGIMG_2880 (resized).JPG

#993 6 years ago

Another Pinbo body has arrived. These are cast from a mold as previously the 3D scanner we had access to wasn't big enough to 3D scan it.

Since then we've built a 3D scanner that we will hopefully be large enough for this body to be scanned.

Pinbo kinda looks like a chicken from one of the angles.

IMG_2890 (resized).JPGIMG_2890 (resized).JPG

IMG_2892 (resized).JPGIMG_2892 (resized).JPG

IMG_2891 (resized).JPGIMG_2891 (resized).JPG

#994 6 years ago

awesome and thanks for sharing!

3 weeks later
#995 6 years ago

Let us know if t shirts or the like become available. I'd get some. Please post here also as some (me) don't do Facebook
A link to purchase would be great. I can check with a few Aussies here and do a bulk order as I'm sure you could raise some cash for the build that way.

#996 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Let us know if t shirts or the like become available. I'd get some. Please post here also as some (me) don't do Facebook
A link to purchase would be great. I can check with a few Aussies here and do a bulk order as I'm sure you could raise some cash for the build that way.

http://www.circusmaximusgames.com/shop

#997 6 years ago

We've got a bunch of cool swag coming. I had a sewer backup at the house so had to deal with that "shit" over the past two weeks so the new items had to take a back burner for a bit.

But I'll definitely post here when they are available. Our store is currently setup for US shipping only, but James is experienced shipping to other countries so we can figure something out for the Aussies and other countries.

Paul

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We've got a bunch of cool swag coming. I had a sewer backup at the house so had to deal with that "shit" over the past two weeks so the new items had to take a back burner for a bit.
But I'll definitely post here when they are available. Our store is currently setup for US shipping only, but James is experienced shipping to other countries so we can figure something out for the Aussies and other countries.
Paul

Not Pinball Circus related (well, I guess it IS since the funds go to the project) but I just got a really cool Pinbot Backglass poster signed by Python! Will be great with the other stuff I have signed by him.

Thanks CMG guys!

Chris

#999 6 years ago

Is it the one on the right? I JUST framed mine.

IMG_9853 (resized).JPGIMG_9853 (resized).JPG

#1000 6 years ago

What is that great pic on the left??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.