IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 22.
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I totally wonder what it could/would earn on location!

A destination place like PHOF - good. A street location with same players all the time, good for a week and then stand.

LTG : )

#902 6 years ago

They made only 2 original Pinball Circus games, they probably tested them on location just like they did with Rat Race in different arcades, both games were not produced and the most plausible reason is that they did'nt earn well, even if Rat Race is a very fun game, it took me quite a while to master it, it is very hard to master and that must be the reason they never produced it, people played a game or 2 and just walked away, it must be a similar reason for Pinball Circus.

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

They made only 2 original Pinball Circus games,

3, rumors of a 4th.

Quoted from ALJO:

they probably tested them on location

One for sure, I heard longer than any other game they tested.

#904 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

3, rumors of a 4th.

One for sure, I heard longer than any other game they tested.

As I understand it, the cost to produce was $300 or so more than a conventional machine so they dropped it. Python tried to get it produced as a novelty game (I think it was numbered as a novelty game) but then Python left and Steve Kordek's team "Finished" the whitewood. I'd like to see the snake work as intended (pelvic thrust activator).

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd like to see the snake work as intended (pelvic thrust activator).

Agreed but I would still like to see the flipper gap around it closed just a little bit more. Hopefully it will be in final version if produced as I REALLY want this game bad.

Pre-Order is a dirty word these days but I would do it for this title in heartbeat.

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd like to see the snake work as intended (pelvic thrust activator).

Is that what it was? That makes sense given Python's philosophy, but I heard him talk about using a foot pedal. The 3rd button compromise is just getting too far away with that concept, and I didn't buy the explanation for that either...

#907 6 years ago

I was in from the beginning and would still buy one.

#908 6 years ago

If this was to be produced what do you guys think the cost would be?

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Python tried to get it produced as a novelty game (I think it was numbered as a novelty game) but then Python left and Steve Kordek's team "Finished" the whitewood. .

Python always maintained it was a Pinball machine, not a novelty game.

I've seen internal Williams memo's where Python and Williams were arguing over if it was a Pinball or Novelty design. The reason that mattered had to do with his contract. He was contracted to deliver X Pinball designs and X Novelty designs. If I recall correctly Williams eventually relented and counted it as a Pinball, but I think it also had a novelty number designation like Al said.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Treeeeee fiddy

#911 6 years ago

I seem to remember playing a prototype at the Allentown show two or three years ago. It was very different and cool but seemed impossibly hard!
Has it been out to any of the major shows after that?

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Treeeeee fiddy

It would have to be a nessy instead of a snake.

#913 6 years ago

If I remember right I think they were hoping to keep the game to $5K. But at that point I don't think the newer games did the big leaps over that.

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Python always maintained it was a Pinball machine, not a novelty game.
I've seen internal Williams memo's where Python and Williams were arguing over if it was a Pinball or Novelty design. The reason that mattered had to do with his contract. He was contracted to deliver X Pinball designs and X Novelty designs. If I recall correctly Williams eventually relented and counted it as a Pinball, but I think it also had a novelty number designation like Al said.

Great to see you back on Pinside

#915 6 years ago

I really hope to see this finished, too. I got to play it at Pinfest in 2015 and really enjoyed it. Even got the ball to the elephant! Hope the team can pull through any difficulties and get this finished for Python.

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

There is a video around with a team member that states this machine would be all of $10K.
If I find the video(youtube-facebook) I'll post it.
-Mike

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Treeeeee fiddy

#918 6 years ago

i fully understand why "they" do not post any updates on pinside , but what i worrying me is the radio silence on all channels.
Both facebook profiles are "dead" and the website has passed away ages ago.
there was a sign up for a newsletter in the beginning of the project, but after 2 mails there was no further information.

even if there will be no machines bulit for the "masses", the community is interested in this machine.
So , please, update the facebook page ...

#919 6 years ago

Old info removed, thought it was current.

#920 6 years ago

Just posted 7 minutes ago on Facebook:

"The Band is Back Together! "

Yes!!!

#921 6 years ago

I was going to post the same thing,cant wait for more details!So hype for this

#923 6 years ago

I am ready to buy!

#924 6 years ago

BluesBrothersPython (resized).jpgBluesBrothersPython (resized).jpg

#926 6 years ago

BTW dont know if the link was already share but its really nice to see some Python idea with the DMD with the ball action
http://www.backglass.org/williams/doho/pbc.html

#927 6 years ago

Show us what they have done recently...

#928 6 years ago

#929 6 years ago

that's 2015...looks great..!!

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

it's been over 2 years,

There does appear to have been a break along the way. From their first prototype ( or two ? ) that have been at shows until now.

But they seem to be rolling again.

The boys are back in town and things are definitely looking up. I'm sure as things sort out. There will be more news and what the future holds.

Never count Python down and out.

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

This machine will never be produced, it's been over 2 years, no commitment by the owners,
with no communication...
They are wishing on a prayer and a dream, and they are dreaming...
Show us what you have done recently...

Well hello there, thanks for stopping by!

Any time that there is a departure involving such a monumental (and colorful) force like Python, it takes a toll on people. When Python left us, there was (and still is) a major gap in the community. Sure, he had some far out ideas, but he was damn sure never afraid to try. He had an impact on everyone in the team. After his untimely departure, we were trying to get footing on what the vision was, and we didn't want to take a DIME of anyone's money until that vision was laid out and we had something to show and something to SHIP. Members of this team AND their family devoted themselves to caring for Python in more ways than most blood relatives would.

You're absolutely right, sir, everyone needed a break. With that break, people fell off the map for a bit to recharge. We were working nonstop trying to get this game together before he passed, and then nonstop trying to get it flipping and roll out a game plan in the year afterward. It was stressful for everyone involved, but none of us would trade it for the world. Python would tell you better than anyone that there's a tremendous stress test involved in doing things in this industry.

Regardless of any inconvenience imposed upon you, I'm elated to put this shirt back on again and get to work.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg

Its a time to rejoice and a time to concentrate on what Python would've wanted. And we've got more clarity and knowledge on the situation now more than ever.

#932 6 years ago

Sure sounds like this game is still in the works. Keep up the good work guys and gals.

QSS

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

BTW dont know if the link was already share but its really nice to see some Python idea with the DMD with the ball action
http://www.backglass.org/williams/doho/pbc.html

I'm pretty sure that is Duncan Browns website.

Through the genius that is Jimmy (i.e.: Compy), we were able to convert several of those animations from that website to get the first game up and running.

#934 6 years ago

This is all such GREAT news! Wishing the team all the best.
-Mike

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Its a time to rejoice and a time to concentrate on what Python would've wanted. And we've got more clarity and knowledge on the situation now more than ever.

Compy really nailed it with that section I just quoted above.

Here is a tiny update with very little information. I know... I'm a tease.

James and I spent 8 hours yesterday going over the first whitewood. We really focused on what worked and what didn't, and started the second whitewood based on those observations.

Honestly, I'm more excited than ever about the project and I think the entire team feels the same.

I can't wait to show off some of the stuff we are working on, but don't expect too many details for the time being as we prototype and test these changes.

Also look for some additional swag in the near future if you are interested in supporting the project.

Paul

IMG_2842 (resized).JPGIMG_2842 (resized).JPG

#936 6 years ago

That's exciting to hear. I am stoked to hear from the team when my build nears(7). Thanks for getting back at it team.

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

additional swag in the near future if you are interested in supporting the project.

I smell a kickstarter(?)

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I smell a kickstarter(?)

Hell no.

We are just going to make some shirts, posters, and some other cool stuff available for purchase for people that want them. All the money from anything which is sold will go directly to support the project.

We have and will continue to do this with our own money. Purchasing any swag just lets us reduce the amount that comes out of our savings account.

Paul

#939 6 years ago

Im ready to buy !

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from billyd:

Im ready to buy !

Count me in too! I hope this does go into production.

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Its a time to rejoice and a time to concentrate on what Python would've wanted.

Having spent 2 weeks with Python and having seen him in some of his best and worst moments I would advise anyone not to concentrate on what Python would have wanted. As much as I appreciate his creativity, which undoubtly was superior than most people's at Williams at the time, Python simply thought that all his ideas were great. And they weren't. He also claimed to be a designer, but I would trim that down to conceptual designer as Python usually would only come up with a rough sketch and someone else had to actually build it and make it happen. Then it's easy to complain that they didn't do it right, which he clearly did on a non-stop basis.

Python insisted that the snake mech in between the flippers got in the remake of PC. I doubt he ever got to play the game with the mech on while he was still at WMS. Having played the remake whitewood myself at Expo a few years ago: the mech sucks in its curerent design and I completely understand why people at WMS advised to take it out and put the flippers closer together. Just because something seemed like a great idea in Python's head doesn't mean it works. If it doesn't work, don't put it in the game. To add some constructive critisism: the only way it may actually work is to have the rubber below the snakehead not be like an triangular or round shape, but as a flat horizontal rubber where the ball lands on and can bounce back.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

If it doesn't work, don't put it in the game.

Jonathan,

All reasonable points.

The best part is that Python agreed with you on the "If it doesn't work, it's not going in the game as-is." He said he trusted us to do what's right for the game.

And you are correct, the snake mech sucks in it's current form. We've tried it with a servo. We've tried it with a coil like it was originally designed, etc. This is one of the things we determined didn't work as-is and will be dealt in the next whitewood. Can't say too much more about the plans for the snake, but it will not stay like it is.

Paul

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We are just going to make some shirts, posters, and some other cool stuff available for purchase for people that want them. All the money from anything which is sold will go directly to support the project.

Nice! Posters of the cabinet art would look great. I'm in.

#944 6 years ago

Glad this didn't die. Keep at it guys!

image.gifimage.gif

#945 6 years ago

I'd love this in my game room. Sell these guys for a nice chunk of change:

PinballCircus (resized).jpgPinballCircus (resized).jpg

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'd love this in my game room. Sell these guys for a nice chunk of change:

We have a few of these still. Not sure if we have any that are signed left though.

We also have these as 11x17 posters if I recall correctly. These are part of what we will have available soon.

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Having spent 2 weeks with Python and having seen him in some of his best and worst moments I would advise anyone not to concentrate on what Python would have wanted. As much as I appreciate his creativity, which undoubtly was superior than most people's at Williams at the time, Python simply thought that all his ideas were great. And they weren't. He also claimed to be a designer, but I would trim that down to conceptual designer as Python usually would only come up with a rough sketch and someone else had to actually build it and make it happen. Then it's easy to complain that they didn't do it right, which he clearly did on a non-stop basis.
Python insisted that the snake mech in between the flippers got in the remake of PC. I doubt he ever got to play the game with the mech on while he was still at WMS. Having played the remake whitewood myself at Expo a few years ago: the mech sucks in its curerent design and I completely understand why people at WMS advised to take it out and put the flippers closer together. Just because something seemed like a great idea in Python's head doesn't mean it works. If it doesn't work, don't put it in the game. To add some constructive critisism: the only way it may actually work is to have the rubber below the snakehead not be like an triangular or round shape, but as a flat horizontal rubber where the ball lands on and can bounce back.

will you be writing an article regarding Python in your magazine?

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Jonathan,
All reasonable points.
The best part is that Python agreed with you on the "If it doesn't work, it's not going in the game as-is." He said he trusted us to do what's right for the game.
And you are correct, the snake mech sucks in it's current form. We've tried it with a servo. We've tried it with a coil like it was originally designed, etc. This is one of the things we determined didn't work as-is and will be dealt in the next whitewood. Can't say too much more about the plans for the snake, but it will not stay like it is.
Paul

I wonder if it would be possible to design A flat kicker assembly, if you will, at the tip of the snake head so it could really kick it back into play.

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I would advise anyone not to concentrate on what Python would have wanted.

I hope Circus Maximus disregards your comment. I want as much of Python's vision as is feasible put into this project, otherwise what is the point?

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I hope Circus Maximus disregards your comment. I want as much of Python's vision as is feasible put into this project, otherwise what is the point?

Then you will get a second Popeye.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 40.00
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.