IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you bought a t-shirt you got a shirt. Not a stake in the company.
To the best of my knowledge no one has put down pre-order dollars. I really don't get why we're owed anything here.

Yep, I did get what I paid for, and I'm happy with my items. Next time I will be a smarter consumer and more clearly understand what I am supporting when I purchase "just a piece of art" or " just a shirt".

#702 8 years ago

shirts? there's shirts too? wth

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

True, but those 12 games are going to be super duper exclusive and worth a lot of money so there are at least 100 people that want to buy. If they announced a full unlimited production run those same 100 people may have no or reduced interest.

Paging whysnow. He'll only buy if its limited to X and not open to everyone.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I get that, but is the money going to fund the sample games for the team members and the giveaways?
I'm not against that, I just want to know. People should get some reward for working hard on it, but I doubt I would have opened my wallet as easy if that's the case. If production is a secondary to getting your own games paid for, just be on the level about that.

Every person will pay for their game, period. The first twelve games are what will help fund the production. If you have been to any of our previous seminars we have outlined this over and over. We can't get to production until we get through the first two phases. Not sure what your issue was about your purchase but it was stated that is was going towards the Circus project. That's what it's going towards. If you feel we misled you I will be extremely happy to refund your money and you can keep whatever it was you purchased. Just to let you know, I think I've already paid for my game by investing over $50,000 of my own money into this project.

If anyone wishes to reimburse me for what I have into this project and go forward with it by all means I'll let them. They must promise that they will see the 12 games completed. They get to keep one of the games for themselves. They can do it however they wish and run the operation however they see fit. I'll even continue to help with the project without pay.

#705 8 years ago

The following is not for you Wolfmarsh but more for the likes of Magic Mike:

As there are those who wish to inject themselves into this subject and wish to make the focus on them and their whims this will be the last update given on Pinside. If you wish to get any further updates, without the drama then for now they will be on our facebook pages (see previous post). Later we will get our website set up to do updates.

Cheers,
James

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

The following is not for you Wolfmarsh but more for the likes of Magic Mike:
As there are those who wish to inject themselves into this subject and wish to make the focus on them and their whims this will be the last update given on Pinside. If you wish to get any further updates, without the drama then for now they will be on our facebook pages (see previous post). Later we will get our website set up to do updates.
Cheers,
James

I get that negative energy gets you down. But why not just put those people on ignore? You don't have to listen to anyone you don't feel like.

Pinside is full of people with annoying opinions, I know I certainly can be one of them. But it's also a wonderful gathering point for people who are huge supporters of Python and his vision. Seems a pity for you to take your ball and go home.

#707 8 years ago

The footage I captured at Southern Fried...

#708 8 years ago

Like I said, I'm happy with my purchases, and I will probably purchase more. I also have some appreciation for the amount of work you guys are putting into it. I really liked seeing the game at SFGE in June and look forward to seeing it again. I just wanted to know more clearly what the goals are, it's partially my fault for not having attended any of your seminars.

#709 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

If anyone wishes to reimburse me for what I have into this project and go forward with it by all means I'll let them. They must promise that they will see the 12 games completed. They get to keep one of the games for themselves. They can do it however they wish and run the operation however they see fit. I'll even continue to help with the project without pay.

PM sent!!!!

#710 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Read my two posts on page 14 again. I'd love to have one next to my Varkon, limited or not.

#711 8 years ago

So how exactly does the python between the flippers work?

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

So how exactly does the python between the flippers work?

A button on the front of the cabinet. You push your front lower parts into it, like you are mating with the machine.

#713 8 years ago

That video is proof that Python was the mad scientist of pinball....I have to say though to do all that work and make that game available to 12 people is a bit sad to me. However you did the work/investing and thankfully it's a free country. But it reminds me of what Philippe Starck said in an interview when asked about his 10 Dollar foot stool at Target...I'm paraphrasing but he said almost all designers start out wanting to design multi million dollars art objects but when you get seasoned and over that exclusivity hoopla you don't want your art/creations in a few millionaires homes...he said it's even a bigger ego boost to see your pieces (the stool) all over the streets in a place like Shanghai.
Good luck with the game.

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I have to say though to do all that work and make that game available to 12 people is a bit sad to me.

It is sad if no more than that are made eventually. This was the strategy they chose from a beginning; this is hardly a surprise. Positive feedback from the 12 prototypes may help finding investors or buyers. It may also help adjusting a few issues with feedback from the owners.

It is sad that only 4 Wooly were made, even if I own one of the four. I hope (and I hope Scott hopes) that these four games may convince people this is a fine game that should be made in larger quantities. So my game will be as much as possible open to public. Starting this week with Pinball Expo (wish I could come too... odd situation). It will be too on my side of the Atlantic once I have it shipped here. Now if 100+ more WOOLY are made, will my game lose its value? Probably. I do not care, or to be more objective: the pride to have contributed to mass production more than compensate the Greed.

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It is sad that only 4 Wooly were made, even if I own one of the four. I hope (and I hope Scott hopes) that these four games may convince people this is a fine game that should be made in larger quantities. So my game will be as much as possible open to public. Starting this week with Pinball Expo (wish I could come too... odd situation). It will be too on my side of the Atlantic once I have it shipped here. Now if 100+ more WOOLY are made, will my game lose its value? Probably. I do not care, or to be more objective: the pride to have contributed to mass production more than compensate the Greed.

Great refreshing attitude. I wish more people felt that way!

I hope both games get made in decent numbers. Would be awesome.

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You are so far off base and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It is sad if no more than that are made eventually. This was the strategy they chose from a beginning; this is hardly a surprise. Positive feedback from the 12 prototypes may help finding investors or buyers. It may also help adjusting a few issues with feedback from the owners.

I hear ya, that's what I was trying to get across, we basically have the same philosophy. In short, the more games in more hands the better.

#718 8 years ago

i am a little bit confused.
why, and when, was switched between circusmaxismus.com ( and the corresponding facebook page) and the 2 "new" facebook pages?
( pinballinc and the other one? )

#719 8 years ago

Go to production please I want one.

#720 8 years ago

James, I wish you luck. It's clearly a labor of love rather than a profit venture.

Anytime you put yourself in public, you take the risk of getting hate. For that, I recommend the wisdom of Madame Taylor of Swift:

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

There is no contradiction other that your own self manifested contradiction. We've been very clear all along what we're doing.

Well, since Pinside is such a chore, go be crystal on Facebook. Bu-bye.

I read this thread and all I saw were folks super into this hobby expressing opinions. Guess what...you get good AND bad on those.

I was following this project because I liked Angelo's visions, but your attitude sucks.

#722 8 years ago

Are we really going to let petty differences taint realizing Python's vision?

??

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Are we really going to let petty differences taint realizing Python's vision?

Apparently! Oh pinball ...

#724 8 years ago

P3, this project, Spooky, and Heighway are the four pinball developments I'm most excited about, followed by JJP's Lawlor game and whatever the next Stern machine with decent art is.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from Tux:

P3, this project, Spooky, and Heighway are the three pinball developments I'm most excited about

make it four then

#726 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

make it four then

What do you mean by that?

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from Tux:

What do you mean by that?

You listed four projects, but said "three".

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I think what killed Wooly was the price point. PC is suppose to be much less than STern/JJP. So you get a lot more game for less of a price. WHich should make sales through the roof. Not everyone can try and ask 8k for a game and get away with it. The fact that JJP and Stern is even able to do it is amazing in itself.

#730 8 years ago

Am I going mad?

Or;

did Circus Maximus not say anything in the beginning about only building 12 sample games.
They did say they were not going to take pre-orders and I thought I read that after that games would be sold to those that want one...

I see on their website it NOW clearly states 12 sample games.

After all surely Python would not just want sample games built for the few, but games for the masses....
As that's pretty much what happened last time with just 2!

Could it be PPS are after their 'pound of flesh', ala game #2...

#731 8 years ago

I thought the goal was to build enough samples to determine a feasible production model, then proceed to production so that anyone who wanted one could purchase one, but what do I know? I've just been hanging around the periphery of this project, following updates, saving money so that when the availablity of production models was announced, I might be able to buy one. Guess I'll find something else to buy (which never seems to be a problem, LOL).

#732 8 years ago

Yeah, the build 12 samples to determine market for more.. Has been very clear from day 1, not sure where confusion would come from. Go rewatch last year's Chicago expo talk, I'm pretty sure it was covered.

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

did Circus Maximus not say anything in the beginning about only building 12 sample games.

Paul Kiefert said at Expo that they were going to build two games. And then 12 sample games, like Williams did. Williams had 12 test games out in the wild before production.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : One of the original 12

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Am I going mad?
Or;
They did say they were not going to take pre-orders and I thought I read that after that games would be sold to those that want one...
I see on their website it NOW clearly states 12 sample games.

It's always said that and you can use the web way back machine to validate it. You can also read other sites covering news of the announcement and see the same language there.

This has always been the plan of record. Get the game finished... Then worry about production if/how/costs

#735 8 years ago

New gameplay video up on their Facebook page.

Looks great! Hope I get a chance to play it this Friday.

#736 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

link?

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You listed four projects, but said "three".

Aw, you're going to make me explain the joke.

I mistakenly described a list of four projects as a set of three and JLM pointed out in his reply. When I saw my mistake, I edited the post to fix it and added the editing comment that I didn't know what JLM was talking about as if I had edited my post to fix the mistake and claimed that there was none in the place. I then replied to JLM with sarcastic ignorance. I thought I implied the joke enough, but I guess I was mistaken.

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This is awesome!

Looks like he hasn't quite got control of his snake yet.

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from Tux:

Aw, you're going to make me explain the joke.

“Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process.”

#741 8 years ago

What does the dangling lady do? Was she originally envisioned to be a feature of the game?

#742 8 years ago

I really hope this game does make it into production. I love to add one to my collection.

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I really hope this game does make it into production. I love to add one to my collection.

There are a lot of us who would love to. Not sure how they are going to gauge interest in it unless they take some sort of deposit, which they said they aren't going to do.

Hopefully we learn more on Friday.

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

There are a lot of us who would love to. Not sure how they are going to gauge interest in it unless they take some sort of deposit, which they said they aren't going to do.

Yes, lets hope the air remains clear and this project goes ahead without all the sniping for once.

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

lets hope they stay with the no preorder format. Preorder is a bullshit system and is ruining the pinball market. Can't bitch about this and that, if you have no money tied up in it.

#746 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cool. But the sound/music is already driving me crazy after watching the video for only 10 seconds...

#747 8 years ago

Trying to catch up here. So how were the first 12 sold? Who's got one?

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Can't bitch about this and that, if you have no money tied up in it.

Plenty of people doing just that in this thread.

#749 8 years ago

Excuse me sir, but bitching about something you have no money in or plan to buy = pinside!

I find the buyers or those with pre-order money down and usually the least upset about delays. "Usually"

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Trying to catch up here. So how were the first 12 sold? Who's got one?

I think nine or 10 of them are spoken for (guys building the machines have claimed them, rightfully so).

They said the remaining machines will be used as giveaways (spot in line, NOT a free machine!)

People here are a little steamed about this because it was our understanding that "anyone who wants one will get one". Now there is a chance that it might all end with those first 12 they are making.

Hopefully we get some clarification tomorrow afternoon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.