IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I wonder how much that sucker will run?

I think the number will begin with a 6....

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I wonder how much that sucker will run? Just got my first XPIN display and while I like it, the misaligned segments are bothersome.

Marco hasn't announced pricing yet but the Circus team is hoping it will be priced competitively with the xpin displays ourselves.

1 week later
#553 8 years ago

We just picked up a freshly CNC'd set of ramps for Python's Pinball Circus.

This is the third set we've done for the game. First set was hand cut with a bandsaw. The second set was done on a new CNC fixture but without many of the mounting holes. This third set has all of the opto and mounting holes machined by the CNC.

It pays to have the "Ramp King" as one of our founding team members.

RampsV2.JPGRampsV2.JPG
#554 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Amen to that brother!

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Very nice. Get that giraffe working
-Jim

Giraffe should be working within the next several days.

I love being able to design bracket revisions and print them on our 3D printer for testing. So much easier and quicker than what was done in the past.

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

You do have a great team.

I wish Python could have been here to see the results.

LTG

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We just picked up a freshly CNC'd set of ramps for Python's Pinball Circus.
This is the third set we've done for the game. First set was hand cut with a bandsaw. The second set was done on a new CNC fixture but without many of the mounting holes. This third set has all of the opto and mounting holes machined by the CNC.

RampsV2.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

They look sweet. Can he make us Bad Cats Ramps?

#559 8 years ago

Looking good!!
A little closer every day, love it!!

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Giraffe should be working within the next several days.

Hopefully the giraffe will be working by the SFGE.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

They look sweet. Can he make us Bad Cats Ramps?

No kidding. The "Ramp King", whoever that is, could make a serious killing on some old machines. Bad Cats and Royal Rumble alone would make some big time money.

#562 8 years ago

Nice ramps!

1 week later
#563 8 years ago

Glad to see this project is alive and well. I really hope it will come to Pinball Arcade so I can get a chance to play it at home...

#564 8 years ago

When is the Circus Maximus fireside chat session at the SFGE? Saturday or Sunday?

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

When is the Circus Maximus fireside chat session at the SFGE? Saturday or Sunday?

We haven't heard yet when our talk will be, but as soon as we do I'll update everyone here.

Last night we upgraded the sound system on Circus to a flipper fidelity system instead of the crappy boss stuff we put in their originally.

Can't wait to show it off again in a few weeks.

Paul

#566 8 years ago

Don't forget to stop by the Pinside meet up at SFGE. Friday night at 9:30 in the Dogwood room.

Maybe the pinball circus team would be cool enough to bring some art or something to show off at the meet and greet?

1 week later
#567 8 years ago

Fingers crossed you guys can bring this to PINTASTIC!

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Fingers crossed you guys can bring this to PINTASTIC!

We'd like to take it to every show, but since we currently only have a single prototype, each show we bring it to means we pause most of the progress on the game for 4-6 days depending on travel.

James spoke at the Northwest show yesterday, but I'm back in Atlanta working on the game as we couldn't afford to pause progress.

Less than two weeks before the Circus comes to our local Atlanta show at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo.

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't forget to stop by the Pinside meet up at SFGE. Friday night at 9:30 in the Dogwood room.
Maybe the Pinball Circus team would be cool enough to bring some art or something to show off at the meet and greet?

I'll bring some swag to give away. No problem.

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The schedule has been released and our Update on Pinball Circus will be Sunday June 21st at 1:30 if anyone would like to come by and hang out and chat with us about the project.

We will also have the game there all weekend and have a booth selling swag.

Paul

#571 8 years ago

what about a "diys" kit? a box with the "ikea like"cabinet, lots of parts , assembly instructions and barebone playfields with the cables attached? that would be fun to assemble...

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

what about a "diys" kit? a box with the "ikea like"cabinet, lots of parts , assembly instructions and barebone playfields with the cables attached? that would be fun to assemble...

That was actually discussed early on as a possibility, but it's very unlikely.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

I love this idea. Kinda like a "heathkit".

#574 8 years ago

I assumed when I read the thread called Pinball Circus it would be about JJP and The Hobbit. I was wrong.

#575 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

The schedule has been released and our Update on Pinball Circus will be Sunday June 21st at 1:30 if anyone would like to come by and hang out and chat with us about the project.
We will also have the game there all weekend and have a booth selling swag.
Paul

Thanks for the update Paul. I'm looking forward to it.

#576 8 years ago

I have seen the progress on Pinball Circus and I have to tell you: "If you are within 400 miles of the SFGE this weekend, you have GOT to come see this game". It is absolutely amazing. It's not all there yet, but it is just so incredible. It is really something special!

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I have seen the progress on Pinball Circus and I have to tell you: "If you are within 400 miles of the SFGE this weekend, you have GOT to come see this game". It is absolutely amazing. It's not all there yet, but it is just so incredible. It is really something special!

Al is slightly biased though, as he painted Flippie the clown for us.

Can't wait to show the game off later this week.

Stop by our booth and say hi, or buy some swag (we got a great new shirt) and remember to come to our Fireside Chat type talk at 1:30pm on Sunday. We will be giving away some swag during our talk.

Paul

#578 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Al is slightly biased though, as he painted Flippie the clown for us.
Can't wait to show the game off later this week.
Stop by our booth and say hi, or buy some swag (we got a great new shirt) and remember to come to our Fireside Chat type talk at 1:30pm on Sunday. We will be giving away some swag during our talk.
Paul

Agreed! Flippie looks great and the game is really something to be admired. It is the real "essence" of mechanical pinball, and I could just watch the ball fly through those wireforms all day long.

Anyone coming by SFGE or even THINKING of it, please stop by and check this game out!

P.S. - Sorry for blowing up your power strip, Paul. You're right, the mini-bar should've NEVER been that close.

#579 8 years ago

Just picked up some shirts that we will have available at the Atlanta Show this weekend.

After the Atlanta show is done we will make them available for online orders.

They look really sweet in person.

Paul

PinboShirt-Charcoal.JPGPinboShirt-Charcoal.JPG
#581 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I will be ordering one of the shirts for sure.

#582 8 years ago

Nice T. Great art.

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

me too! awesome job on the shirts

#584 8 years ago

I can't wait for this weekend to give it a try.

#585 8 years ago

Can't wait to play it! It's going to be a great weekend!

#586 8 years ago

Missng this weekend due to poor vacation planning, but have this on my wishlist. I will give a serious look at buying one for sure. Just think of all the places it could fit! The story behind it is awesome! Thanks for bringing it to life!

#587 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Did anyone who played Python's Pinball Circus at Allentown notice a slightly different display in it?
It's a prototype display from Marco that we are testing for them which has all discrete surface mount LEDs on it instead of the square led segments. So you don't get the misaligned segments that many complain about with LED displays.
It almost looks HD to us as you can see the shading/gradients clearer it seems.

THIS is terrific news. Vishay makes a 128x32 display with discrete LEDs, but it runs ~$500, and is only available in orange.

Any idea if Marco's making these with other color LEDs (red)? I didn't look at the one at Allentown, but I'm assuming it was orange.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Any idea if Marco's making these with other color LEDs (red)? I didn't look at the one at Allentown, but I'm assuming it was orange.

The one we had at Allentown was orange. Marco did mention that they would likely do different colors or explore doing a white color one that had different lenses to change the color, so it's likely they will eventually have something available to get multiple colors.

#589 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Nice T. Great art.

I want one. Hopefully, they don't sell out. XXL?

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I want one. Hopefully, they don't sell out. XXL?

We will run more after the show if neccessary. We are bringing 150 total shirts with us to the show.

I think we got 25 2XLs or something.

#591 8 years ago

Just a quick reminder that we will be at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo this weekend with the game and our talk about the project is Sunday at 1:30pm.

Some of the Pinball Circus team are also involved in several other talks during the weekend such as the Creating Custom Games talk on Saturday from 4pm-5pm and From the Mixed Up Files of Pins and Vids at 5:30pm-6:30pm tonight.

We will have shirts and other swag available at our vendor booth along with the game.

We look forward to meeting and talking with people about the project.

#592 8 years ago

I cant wait to see & play this tomorrow .... I am looking forward to seeing this game more than anything else that will be at the show including Kiss

#593 8 years ago

I checked out pinball circus today. What a cool concept. The DMD is beautiful without any block lines.

Picked up a nice piece of art from the booth as well.

#594 8 years ago

I had the opportunity to play Pinball Circus and talked with James and Paul in great length about the project.

Wow! You guys are in for something special.

This game definitely won't be a novelty pin once it's done!

#595 8 years ago

I also had a chance to check it out, loved it. Picked up a few thing from there booth. Trying to help support the project.

#596 8 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I also had a chance to check it out, loved it. Picked up a few thing from there booth. Trying to help support the project.

Pictures or it didn't happen

#597 8 years ago

Pics/video from SFGE please? anyone?

#598 8 years ago

ive got some video ill upload later.

here's a pic from SFGE: http://i.imgur.com/MSQpOfE.jpg

#599 8 years ago

Looks like it's coming together! Thanks for posting the pic!

#600 8 years ago

I totally forgot to take any picture of it. I was so star struck it didn't even enter my mind. Even my wife thought it looked like a neat game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.