IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.
#501 8 years ago

^^^^ see thread "fitness club" Tell Flankster and a few others they won't need their dumbells much longer

#502 8 years ago

I can't wait to see the pinball flyer.

#503 8 years ago
circus 2.jpgcircus 2.jpg
#504 8 years ago

Love it! Somebody shoot a video. Nice work team Circus Maximus!

#505 8 years ago

Watched it being played and played it myself tonight. I absolutely sucked at it!

One guy I watched seemed to get the hang of it and was getting to multiple levels pretty consistently. Really neat idea and with some more time on it I could probably get to at least the 2nd level every few games. Can't wait to see what this finally becomes.

#506 8 years ago

Thanks guys for letting me and my son play the game and chatting with us. The game is really comng along and Python would be proud.

#507 8 years ago

I can try to get a video today. The code is VERY early. Lights are not coded yet. There is some background music.

I am so happy this was at the Allentown Show. Paul, James and their team are the passion of pinball, and great guys to hang out with and talk to.

The game will be different, that is for sure! The thing that really surprised me was the flow that so many shots had. I really didn't expect that. The ball moves fast!

This is a labor of love, and I honestly think it will me just amazing when it is completed.

Chris

#508 8 years ago

Managed to get a few pics and shot the ball up to the Elephants head! My dream machine is coming to life.

It would be nice to have a poster or shirt of their table display !

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg 7.jpg7.jpg 8.jpg8.jpg 9.jpg9.jpg 10.jpg10.jpg 11.jpg11.jpg 12.jpg12.jpg 13.jpg13.jpg 14.jpg14.jpg 15.jpg15.jpg 16.jpg16.jpg 17.jpg17.jpg
#509 8 years ago

Great photos thanks for sharing Eddie

#510 8 years ago

In the image 7 above, part of the text says, "...atop The Big Stripped CAT". I'm guessing they meant "Striped" instead?

I played the Pinball Circus at the PHOF several years ago. It was a fun game. I'm very interested in this "complete" version of Python's vision. Keep up the good work!

#511 8 years ago

Is that Coast 2 Coast Pinball's poster for Pinball Circus available for sale, and if not I would like one and sure many could be sold?

#512 8 years ago

What does the python between the flippers do? That isn't on the Pinball Circus at the PHOF.

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

What does the python between the flippers do? That isn't on the Pinball Circus at the PHOF.

Some people following the project have noticed that on a prototype drawing there was a “foot pedal” at the bottom of the cabinet. Similar to how a gas pedal on old arcade games such as Outrun had.

This pedal was intended to trigger a mechanism that was taken out of the prototype games such as the one at the Pinball Hall of Fame currently.

flipper01

First, lets examine a photo of the flippers on the existing prototype.

One of the things most people remember about the game if they have played it is that the two main flippers are not on the same horizontal position. Meaning the left flipper is lower down the playfield than the right flipper. What most people don’t know is that is NOT how the game was originally designed.

One of Python’s trademarks was always to incorporate the flippers into the playfield artwork. For instance on Bad Cats, the flippers are the tails of the cats. On Fish Tales, the flippers are the jaws of the fish. On Pinball Circus the flippers are the tusk of the elephant, the fingers of the clown. Look closely at the photo of the main flippers again. One flipper is part of the seal, the other flipper isn’t. If you look even close you’ll see that there is a hole where the flipper was originally part of the seal.

Why was the flipper moved? Well, originally there was supposed to be an additional mechanism between the flippers. A snake head that would extend and bounce the ball back into play.

snakesmOriginally the flippers were much father apart, and this mech was between them. The foot pedal that people have noticed in the prototype drawing would have been used to extend the snake during gameplay. You can see a little sticker on the playfield just below the sun graphic. That sticker is covering up a plugged hole where the mech originally resided.

So of course people are going to ask if the new games will include a foot pedal?

Well, it will include the snake mech, but most likely the foot pedal will not be the way you will trigger it. The reason? There is another new feature that is not in the original games that would make the foot pedal unlikely to be the preferred method of triggering the snake.

And besides, Python always wanted it to be a Pelvic button that you had to “bump” to extend the snake, but that is another story altogether.

Filed Under: SHOW AND TELL

image.jpgimage.jpg
#515 8 years ago

I wonder if the wire form ramp will come in different colors? Purple would look nice.

#516 8 years ago

Such a cool project.

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

This pedal was intended to trigger a mechanism that was taken out of the prototype games such as the one at the Pinball Hall of Fame currently.

Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

A snake head that would extend and bounce the ball back into play.

Very interesting background information and thanks for the great rundown. I am really looking forward to seeing Pinball Circus come back to life!

#518 8 years ago

I didn't consider buying this when it was first announced, but it is starting to look amazing. Hopefully there is enough interest that they can hold the price to 4 figures.

#519 8 years ago

Uh, so... You have to dry hump the machine to work the Anaconda?

"And besides, Python always wanted it to be a Pelvic button that you had to “bump” to extend the snake, but that is another story altogether."

#521 8 years ago

VERY fun game!...even at this base level I can see it's gonna be hellacool! He even took the glass out so I could shoot some video of the stuff working. (now I just have to figure out how to download it from my IPhone 6Plus!)

#522 8 years ago

I played several games on it and all I can say is it is hard as fuck but it will awesome when done! It's very fast and I can't imagine them Being able to slow it down any. The ball drains very easy in the python area but I think that just takes time to get used to.

#523 8 years ago

Here's my video....I hope...
It says i did not get an upload ID...whatever THAT means!
It's a .mov taken with an IPhone 6Plus...

#525 8 years ago

Man, this game is going to be so cool!

I'd love to see some video of the snake in action. (yeah, I know, "that's what she said.")

#526 8 years ago

Some more photos of different angles.

And the playfield while open for service. Basically, the whole thing basically slides forward and tilts back. There is a pair of wheels on which the whole playfileld pivots, and the wheels are set into guided metal tracks to roll the playfield forward or back.

20150501120816041.jpg20150501120816041.jpg
20150501120821074.jpg20150501120821074.jpg
20150501120826494.jpg20150501120826494.jpg
20150501120832356.jpg20150501120832356.jpg
20150501120837985.jpg20150501120837985.jpg
20150501120859177.jpg20150501120859177.jpg
20150501120904452.jpg20150501120904452.jpg
20150501120913320.jpg20150501120913320.jpg
20150501195341899.jpg20150501195341899.jpg
20150501195445773.jpg20150501195445773.jpg
20150501195455634.jpg20150501195455634.jpg
20150501195514591.jpg20150501195514591.jpg

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uh, so... You have to dry hump the machine to work the Anaconda?
"And besides, Python always wanted it to be a Pelvic button that you had to “bump” to extend the snake, but that is another story altogether."

I agree 100%, if the snake is being put in then it should be activated the way Python originally intended.

Use your Snake!

#528 8 years ago

This is awesome!!! Isn't there suppose to be a girl on a high wire somewhere though?

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Isn't there suppose to be a girl on a high wire somewhere though?

I'm sure Python wouldn't want that left out.

LTG : )™

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

This is awesome!!! Isn't there suppose to be a girl on a high wire somewhere though?

We accidentally left "Lolita" in Atlanta. We had her overnighted but it didn't arrive until Saturday afternoon. We had her on the machine Saturday after lunch though.

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We accidentally left "Lolita" in Atlanta. We had her overnighted but it didn't arrive until Saturday afternoon. We had her on the machine Saturday after lunch though.

Lolita?
Oh there just has to be a story to that.

#532 8 years ago

She's the girl on the high wire act.

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I got that Lloyd, but who came up with the name?
There has to be a story to that.

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The fact that Python took the time to give her name, suggests that maybe she was a little more.

Always loved Python's stories.

#535 8 years ago

Thank you to everyone that stopped by at Allentown and checked out our game.

We know it's risky to show off such an early prototype, but we enjoy every minute of it and like hearing all feedback.

The Circus will come to town again at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta in June.

Paul

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The fact that Python took the time to give her name, suggests that maybe she was a little more.
Always loved Python's stories.

If you look at the side art on the game, Flippy the Clown is supposed to be Python, and the acrobat (ie: lolita) was rumored to be his wife.

There are several versions of the callout for her. Usually she's referred to as the Lovely Lolita.

Then of course Python had the Wheel Wench (ie: the girl on the wheel that get's knifes thrown at her used in the mystery awards).

No one ever has claimed Python was politically correct.

Paul

#537 8 years ago

Python, was a very colorful character. Never got to meet him, but he sure had a strong following. I'm sure those building the pin, will do him proud.

#538 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Thank you to everyone that stopped by at Allentown and checked out our game.

Thank YOU! Even at this early stage the game is great!

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thank YOU! Even at this early stage the game is great!

It was great to meet you Ted in person for the first time. As soon as I saw the crazy shirt I knew it was you.

#540 8 years ago

My son had a blast playing it and meeting you. He couldn't wait to tell his mom all about it.

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Well I am honored that Lolita spent some extra time here in my home town of Atlanta. Had I know she was here I would have made her a good ole' bowl of grits!

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Well I am honored that Lolita spent some extra time here in my home town of Atlanta. Had I know she was here I would have made her a good ole' bowl of grits!

Atlanta is actually her normal home. Much of the Circus team lives around Atlanta.

She will be appearing at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo next month too. If we are lucky she may even have some clothes (ie: she wasn't painted yet at Allentown)

Paul

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

It was great to meet you Ted in person for the first time. As soon as I saw the crazy shirt I knew it was you.

And you as well! I wish we took some photos together...

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

And you as well! I wish we took some photos together...

...you mean like THIS???

399067.jpg399067.jpg

#545 8 years ago

Hah! I mean EXACTLY like that! Great meeting you!

#546 8 years ago

Enjoyed the one at PHOF, think I will start saving for this now......be great to have one the way Python envisioned it. You guys are doing great work here, and no preorder BS.....

#547 8 years ago

I'm pumped to play this when it is complete. Looks amazing!

#548 8 years ago

Did anyone who played Python's Pinball Circus at Allentown notice a slightly different display in it?

It's a prototype display from Marco that we are testing for them which has all discrete surface mount LEDs on it instead of the square led segments. So you don't get the misaligned segments that many complain about with LED displays.

It almost looks HD to us as you can see the shading/gradients clearer it seems.

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Did anyone who played Python's Pinball Circus at Allentown notice a slightly different display in it?
It's a prototype display from Marco that we are testing for them which has all discrete surface mount LEDs on it instead of the square led segments. So you don't get the misaligned segments that many complain about with LED displays.

I only realized it after it was mentioned in Todd's Pinfest video. It looked like a regular classic DMD to me. It looks like it could be a seamless upgrade/replacement.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I wonder how much that sucker will run? Just got my first XPIN display and while I like it, the misaligned segments are bothersome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-to-be-remade/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.