IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2861 (resized).JPG
IMG_2860 (resized).JPG
IMG_2859 (resized).JPG
IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
IMG_3151 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

How about PAGG?

Unfortunately not this year. After Allentown we are tearing it down and putting some new playfields in it prior to our talk at SFGE in June.

We'd love to take it to every show, but since we currently only have the single prototype, if we took it everywhere we'd never get anything done on it.

Paul

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

If it performed like the original I would not care. I would drive the piss out of it knowing I paid less for about the same thing.

For you guys its less, in Australia the machine is just as much if not MORE than an original. So go figure. Id rather buy an original not a fake.

#453 6 years ago

funniest part of that

Quoted from pkiefert:It actually has some wheels in the back that engage when you tip it up on it's back a little. That's what we used when wheeling it through the back alleys at Expo this year. Worked pretty darn good.

Funniest part of that was bringing it into the vendor hall and when I opened the side door, Mike saw the door open and hauled ass over there thinking someone was sneaking in. HE was freaked but calmed down when he saw the game.

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Put a credit in for me. I'll be there catching up with Paul for sure. Hard to believe it's been a year already....
-Jim

Don't worry Jim, I'll save a spot in line for ya!

Yes, can't believe it's been a year. Talking last year about PC and Python's wishes for it original was cool and funny. He's somewhere smiling right now because of this, that's for sure.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

So go figure. Id rather buy an original not a fake.

Steve Kordek turned down a $50K offer at Expo in 2005.

Remake/fake will be a lot cheaper.

LTG : )™

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

This game is going to be a b*tch to shop out.

Mine won't ever need shopping out.

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe you should play it then.

Screw that! I have plans on placing my Pinball Circus inside one of these....

velvet ropes.jpg

#459 6 years ago

mmmm velvet rope. Looks nice. I'd go with some fancier posts tho. Those look a little K-marty.

#460 6 years ago

Frankly the term fake is completely out of place here. Pinball Circus never got a production run to begin so any run will really be the first. This idea of fake, as if the MMr isn't a Medieval Madness because it wasn't made 20 years ago, it's still the same essential game. It won't be made of exactly the same parts but the specs for the PF are likely the same. If a game were fake, I wouldn't imagine it would actually play.

Excited to see what stage this is in at SFGE in June but I imagine the line will be long!

#461 6 years ago

plus the protos were grossly unfinished. So really if you have an original, you don't even have a full game.

#462 6 years ago

Magic Mike with Pinball Circus substituting for the guitar:

#463 6 years ago

New Pinball Circus is a lot different from the two original prototype Midway games. It's using new electronics, adding features that Python wanted, and built by people that love what they are doing because they are doing it to honor a great friend. Also, the original two prototypes are different from each other. Just judge this game on itself because it's going to be amazing!

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Just judge this game on itself because it's going to be amazing!

Excited for the game, but waiting to play it before deciding. This unbounded enthusiasm seems to infect ever new title. Go look at the start of Jpop's thread or Skit b and you see the same shtick. Also happens whenever a new Stern is announced.

#465 6 years ago

I like what these guys are doing by bringing the game to the shows as it's being developed. It allows us to see the progression of the game and play the game as it is being developed. It's going to be interesting to see how much has been done and what has been added since the Expo show.

#466 6 years ago

I wouldn't even want the 2 originals. The games coming out are more of Pythons vision than the protos that were cut very short. The only reason the 12 protos now are different, is because they are trying out a few ideas, that they do not know will work or not. the good ideas will be in the final production, the ones that do not work will not. I'd think you would want the good ideas in the final production version, than a proto that has one of the bad ideas that didn't really work out like expected.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Excited for the game, but waiting to play it before deciding. This unbounded enthusiasm seems to infect ever new title. Go look at the start of Jpop's thread or Skit b and you see the same shtick. Also happens whenever a new Stern is announced.

One major difference: Circus Maximus isn't trying to sell anything until it's finished. No pre-orders, no disapointments, no delays to keep people waiting. When it's done, it's done. In the mean time, enjoy the ride!

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Would you by a fake rolex made by a diff company or a fake Ferrari made by Toyota?

You would have to use products no longer manufactured to make it a fair comparison.

"Would you by a brand new Indian Motorcycle assembled in the Polaris factory?"

Indian-Chief-Classic-static-1-TBB14.jpg
#469 6 years ago

Here is our current show schedule:

Allentown Pinfest - May 1st & 2nd
Southern Fried Gameroom Expo - June 19th to June 21st
Pinball Expo - October 14th to October 18th

We may add another show, but that is the current schedule at the moment.

#470 6 years ago

I am really looking forward to the development of this project.

THANKS for what you guys are doing!

Sincerely, THANKS!

#471 6 years ago

Great!!
I'll get to play it at Expo, but I'd much rather play it in my game room.
Can't wait.
Ant thanks for sharing your progress.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

SFGE and PE are contingent on Paul surviving his hotel stay in Allentown...

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

SFGE and PE are contingent on Paul surviving his hotel stay in Allentown...

I do snore. George stayed with me last year at the ohio show and he put in his headphones and had to crank up the music as loud as it would go. And he could still hear me.

Said he had some crazy dreams with the music so loud.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I do snore. George stayed with me last year at the ohio show and he put in his headphones and had to crank up the music as loud as it would go. And he could still hear me.

CPAP?

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I was talking about the 1 star hotel you're sleeping in...

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I was talking about the 1 star hotel you're sleeping in...

I know, but then I wouldn't have had an excuse to tell the George story.

#477 6 years ago

Fingers crossed you add Pintastic to your show list..

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Fingers crossed you add Pintastic to your show list..

That's the one we'd like to add to our list if we can.

We'd love to do the Denver show too, but that's the weekend before our local Atlanta show and the logistics of getting our single prototype out there and back just doesn't lend itself to working this year.

Plus we are planning to do a playfield replacement between Allentown and Atlanta and having the game out of the workshop for a week before Atlanta really would hamper that goal.

#479 6 years ago

download.jpg

#480 6 years ago

that's a 5 star hotel in allentown...

on topic, i will wait in line for quite awhile to play this at a-town...

#481 6 years ago

Damn, I love this game. I may actually have to sell something to free up space/cash for this.

#482 6 years ago

I'm definitely in on this remake. I'm glad it's norms ready yet. I need to save!

#483 6 years ago

Add all protectors and use clear rubbers from the start please!!!!!

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Add all protectors and use clear rubbers from the start please!!!!!

You use rubbers?
download.jpg
ODB RIP

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

http://pinballcircus.com/

LTG : )

#486 6 years ago

We picked up the wireforms last night after getting their final touches. We can't wait to show these off at Allentown.

Our Engineer George did an awesome job on these.

For anyone that needs to replace a wireform that they can't find for sale somewhere, the Harbor Freight 240v Spot Welder really worked well for us creating new ones from scratch.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

For anyone that needs to replace a wireform that they can't find for sale somewhere, the Harbor Freight 240v Spot Welder really worked well for us creating new ones from scratch.

What wire do you recommend, and where to get it? I have the 120V, hopefully that will still work.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

What wire do you recommend, and where to get it? I have the 120V, hopefully that will still work.

We originally were ordering straightened wire from McMaster-Carr. That worked well for the very straight ones, which we only had one or two of.

For all of the curved ones we actually found a coil of wire at Home Depot, the same stuff we were buying from McMaster-Carr but coiled and a lot cheaper.

We used that for most of the curvy forms. I'll get the details specifically of the wire from our engineer.

He also found some garden posts that are of the same material and already had a loop in them that were the same size needed for parts of them, so we didn't need to bend a lot of those loops.

Lets just say we are very familiar with the local Home Depots and Harbor Freights from this project so far.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Screw that! I have plans on placing my Pinball Circus inside one of these....
velvet ropes.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

image.jpg
#490 6 years ago

I can't wait to be able to play Pinball Circus somewhere other than the Pinball Hall of Fame! I mean, not that I don't love playing it there (and I want to thank whoever it was over there that didn't kick me out as I was sitting there playing it for a good half-hour after closing time, oblivious), it's just a long drive from San Diego to Las Vegas just for one awesome machine.

#491 6 years ago

since there are only 3 in the world and one is unknown on where it went. (some know but it's a secret). I think your only chance is PHOF.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You would have to use products no longer manufactured to make it a fair comparison.

Indian-Chief-Classic-static-1-TBB14.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thats a valid point.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Indian-Chief-Classic-static-1-TBB14.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yes, I would buy an new Indian, I absolutely love what Polaris did with the brand! They were true to it and innovated to keep it modern.........that how a company can bring back the past and make it relevant again!

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Will there be a sit down discussion session about the progress of the game at the SFGE?

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Will there be a sit down discussion session about the progress of the game at the SFGE?

I beleive it is a moderated Q&A session about the project at the SFGE. We haven't heard all of the details yet, but do know we will be speaking in some sort of capacity.

#496 6 years ago

Anyone know estimated price on this game?

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The honest answer is we are not even sure ourselves at this point. Right now we are focused on completing the prototypes, then we will start working on the BOM and estimated pricing.

All we can say is that our intention is to keep them priced fairly in order to get as many games out there in Python's honor.

Paul

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

The honest answer is we are not even sure ourselves at this point. Right now we are focused on completing the prototypes, then we will start working on the BOM and estimated pricing.
All we can say is that our intention is to keep them priced fairly in order to get as many games out there in Python's honor.
Paul

I am in on this, always wanted a pinball circus after seeing it. ill put it next to my varkon!

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

One Python, a Bad Cat, and a robot that can play pinball.

#500 6 years ago

This game is so cool, and that is spot on that you are price conscious. My last concern is the weight of this beast--I hope you all can figure out how to put the Circus on a diet and shave some LB's, those without an Escalera will thank you...

There are 1,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside