(Topic ID: 8047)

Pinball Circus pin: Has anyone here actually played this?

By kmoore88

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0054.jpg
#2 12 years ago

yes i have, 2 different occasions at the pinball HOF super fun, love the levels. first player to get to the clown wins! at least during our little pinoff. it's fun, reminds me of drinking games similar with levels and ball drops at different heights.

#3 12 years ago

arent there like 5 of them in the entire world or something?

#4 12 years ago

Fun game. Played it at phof. Better be good at your ramp shots

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from TheDude:

arent there like 5 of them in the entire world or something?

I believe only 3(correction 2). When I played it at PHOF the right flipper was too weak to make the steep ramp shot most of the time. Frustrating game. Trying to climb each level and one mistake and its back to the bottom.

#8 12 years ago

Best novelty game ever. But not sure how much replay value it would have after you complete the jackpot shot. That said, I can't wait to Play it again next time I'm in vegas.

#9 12 years ago

Yup, FUN game.

#10 12 years ago

Difficult game that is hard to master.
Very satisfying to reach the top.
Also has a neat video mode.
At $1.00 per game, it isn't played too often by many.
Give it a try.

#11 12 years ago

damn woulda been a fun machine

#12 12 years ago

Played it at the PHOF in Vegas a year ago. Neat idea - very creative. Reminded me of games from decades ago (in a good way). Probably a good thing it wasn't mass produced but it's worth playing $5 worth if you get the chance!

#13 12 years ago

It is a really cool game. Definitely one to check out if ever at the PHOF. But, the weak right flipper makes it even more challenging to get to the top level. The elephant "toy" is one of the best ever...!

#14 12 years ago

Wow, never seen this one before!! Who's the manufacturer?

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Wow, never seen this one before!! Who's the manufacturer?

The marquee says midway.

#17 12 years ago

That is one freaky pinball... just trying to count the flippers on it... I see 6... It's always nice to see a pin you've never seen before, especially such an odd-ball one like this!!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

But, the weak right flipper makes it even more challenging to get to the top level.

So, how does the ball get up to the top?

----------------------
Answering my own question:

"Flippers (7), Pop bumpers (4), Drop targets (3), Kick-out hole (1). No left outlane.

The lower playfield has three flippers: two are offset and a third one rests vertically nearby, for flipping balls that drain from the Ring 3 playfield via the corkscrew habitrail. Flipping a ball on the lower playfield up the left center ramp delivers it to the Ring 2 playfield where its one flipper is used to flip the ball up a ramp to the elephant's trunk. The elephant then raises its head to roll the ball along its trunk to the habitrail behind it, routing the ball to the Ring 3 playfield. This playfield has one small flipper and a mini-slingshot kicker in place of a left flipper. A skillful shot up the rear ramp of this playfield delivers the ball to a magnetic ball lifter which elevates it to fall into the clown's playfield. Two small flippers on this final playfield are used to score the three drop targets and to score a jackpot behind them. After jackpot, the ball is returned via habitrail to the right flipper on the lower playfield."

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The marquee says midway.

Made by Williams (who owned the Bally and Midway brands at the time) - it's a WPC boardset.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

It's always nice to see a pin you've never seen before, especially such an odd-ball one like this!!

+1 I need to go to Vegas.

#21 12 years ago

A lot of fun. The one at the PHOF I had here at my Spring Pinball Circus event.

LTG

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I need to go to Vegas.

Me too! I've been there twice, but didn't know about the Pinball HOF at the time...

#23 12 years ago

Yep, PHOF is total worth the trip even if they didn't have this, but this game is icing and cherries on top. Fun/Neat but creepy game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 40.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-pin-has-anyone-here-actually-played-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.