(Topic ID: 6157)

Pinball Circus, Hopkins MN. Anyone going?

By northvibe

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

circuscannon.jpg
    circushead.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

SS billards is putting on the pinball circus sponsored by JJP

circushead.jpgcircushead.jpg
    circuscannon.jpgcircuscannon.jpg

SS Billiards

October 15th & 16th

Jersey Jack Pinball is one of the sponsors Thanks Jack !

(Saturday and Sunday)

Noon to Midnight

Cost: $20.00 for both days.

Pinball Circus on Saturday

Sunday all pinballs on freeplay

And Two Tournaments

none of the amenities.

732 11th Avenue South

Hopkins, MN 55343

http://www.pinballcircus.com/
    http://www.ssbilliards.com/pinball.html

I invited a crap load of my friends...only maybe 2 and I are going. I can for sure go, though. And boy how I would love to play MM on a real pin

#2 12 years ago

any machines gonna be for sale??

might have to make the trip have been meaning to head to the cities

Post edited by dvandentop : cause i can

#3 12 years ago

sounds like lots of fun.

#4 12 years ago

Well SS Billards sells some:
    http://www.ssbilliards.com/sale.html

But I don't know if they will have trade/sales going. I never thought of that...because I would be interested in that too! Need my 1st pin still :-p

Looks like there is an event Nov. 25th as well.
    http://www.ssbilliards.com/events.html

I could probably call tomorrow and see if they are having anything sold, but if there are other pinball enthusiasts or collectors there, I'm sure you could talk to them about off sale.

#5 12 years ago

Drive there, and then keep driving to the Chicago Pinball Expo. SS is a sweet place, have fun.

#6 12 years ago

sounds fun,wish I could go.

#7 12 years ago

That IS SS Billiards! LTG
    If there was any way I could go to that, I would! The guy just recently celebrated his 39th year in business, and they have ALWAYS had pinball! Lloyd is friends with just about every big name in US and Canadian pinball.
    So go to it already!

#8 12 years ago

I only wish it was Oct. 14th today!!

#9 12 years ago

damn gonna try to make it but will be a near 4 hour drive each way oh well will be worth it, have a banquet for a club the night before so better not drink too much LOL

2 weeks later
    #10 12 years ago

On RGP someone said there are lots of people selling machines. So I'm going to make sure I'm there incase I find a machine I want!

#11 12 years ago

did anyone have a list of machines that were gonna be for sale? might be interested in coming up for this rather then wait til auction weekend

#12 12 years ago

You get free admission if you bring a pin for every body to play. Also this is like a swap meet your aloud to sell the pins you bring.

#13 12 years ago

I can ask Lloyd (he may own SS billards...or help run it). But not that I'm aware of.

#14 12 years ago

Call and ask Lloyd,he is the man.LTG as he is known.
    I just emailed Lloyd,maybe he will chime in here shortly,so we get all the correct info.

#15 12 years ago

Hello

I am Lloyd. Own SS Billiards.

Right now around ten games are coming in for the Pinball Circus. I believe all but two will be for sale.
    Often people bring in games to sell, and sometimes to help the event or show off their game.
    ( not positive on titles right now, a couple will be EMs)
    Table space is also provided for anyone bringing in parts, etc. for sale. Though no one has contacted me that they are bringing in any items yet.

It is also a good way to meet others from the area and see what they might want to sell or trade.

If anyone has any questions about the event, or other events at my business. Please ask.

Thank you,
    Lloyd

#16 12 years ago

Thanks Lloyd I might try and stop by.

#17 12 years ago

Thanks Lloyd,Good to have you on Pinside,You automatically have 20,000 Karma points )
    You just celebrated 39 yrs. in the coin-op business I believe.
    Stop by here more often if you're so inclined.

#18 12 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Lloyd! I don't know if we are going to be able to stop in for the circus but I am making it a point to stop in the next time I'm up in the cities.

#19 12 years ago

Thanks Llyod! Can't wait to meet you and other pin heads

#20 12 years ago

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words !

On September 20th celebrated my 39 years with SS Billiards. My mother bought it with my help in 1972, retired in 1979 and sold me her interests in it.

I've spent around half a century in coin op.
    LTG

#21 12 years ago

awesome will be visiting you some weekend even if i cant make it this weekend!

#22 12 years ago

is big bang bar gonna be out for use this weekend? if so might be worth the drive alone to just play that

#23 12 years ago

Yes, BBB ( one of the Capcom originals ) will be at the event.
    LTG

#24 12 years ago

wow now that would be a rare chance to play, how often do you have these parties a year?

#25 12 years ago

Pinball Circus is Spring and Fall.

Joe Esposito Pinball Event second Thursday every month.

Pinball Tournaments the Friday after Thanksgiving, and New Year's Day.

Anniversary once a year. September 20th. ( in 2012 it will be my 40th Anniversary, the Ruby Goose Party, similar to the earlier Goose parties that evolved into the Pinball Circus, except it will be a free event )

And an assortment of pinball picnics and Launch Those Geese events.
    LTG

#26 12 years ago

Good thing I have family in the cities! I just may not see them much

#27 12 years ago

Wow!!! SS Billiards currently has a Kabuki for sale.

#28 12 years ago

I put up the for sale items to help others. None are currently mine.

The Kabuki belongs to Greg Kemnitz.
    LTG

#29 12 years ago

Is that Kabuki, BooKoo bucks ?

#30 12 years ago

Did any of you guys make to the Circus?How was it,Any Pics,Did you meet LTG-(LLoyd,Owner for 39 yrs.)

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pinball Circus is Spring and Fall.

What are the dates of the spring show?

#32 12 years ago

I went! Saturday I played for like 11.5 hours...I'm in pain! haha Lloyd was telling me thats what everyone says when they have the circus, play till youre blood and stubs

LTG is very nice and friendly. Glad I could play a lot of the games I've only dreamed about He even had BBB out. I think I ate too many hot dogs Saturday but owell. I was surprised as many females came as they did, I brought one (friend and her bf) and we all had a blast. I stopped there Sunday (today) then hit up blainbrook on the way home. I'll be back down if there are more, for sure.

There were a few machines for sale as well. AFM may be my new fav game

#33 12 years ago

NV, did the Monte Carlo sell? He said he was bringing it there to sell. He was asking $499, but I bet it could be had for less. Did you play it, what did you think, and is it worth $450?

#34 12 years ago

I am not sure it sold, but it was turned off Sat. night so maybe it was. I didn't care for it. The old tables like that, are too slow for me. It seemed in okay condition and at $450 it seemed like a good deal. There was fade on the bg and box, it looked like, but the PF seemed in good shape.

Big guns was for sale...and I was thinking of asking about it. That is a hard and fun game for the age. I played some old pins and some were ok for me, but the PF's are barely slanted so you wait a while for the ball to come down to the flipper.

#35 12 years ago

What are the dates of the spring show?

Pinball Circus March 31st & April 1st.

LTG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-hopkins-mn-anyone-going and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.