(Topic ID: 44201)

Pinball Circus 2013

By ahanson

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dave.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I haven't seen a topic for this year's event started yet. Who's planning on going and are you going to bring anything?

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

I haven't seen a topic for this year's event started yet. Who's planning on going and are you going to bring anything?

I'll be there. Aside from this coming Mortimer's Tournament on Sunday, it will be my first tournament in months, so it will be good to get back into the swing of things since the 5 week early birth of our daughter. I've basically been sequestered at home after work. I'm probably bringing a game. Not exactly sure which game it will be yet as I might be picking up some more games before then.

For anyone looking for more info on the event, here is a link to the webpage on it...

http://www.pinballcircus.com/

#3 11 years ago

I'll be there.

Not many games committed yet.

Sometimes you don't know until it starts. Last Spring there were 15 games brought in. Some for sale and some not.

The Fall one only had three. A person bringing in four more had his vehicle break down the night before.

At any rate it will be fun. Two days of pinball. Four pinball tournaments. One day with one ball TOPS tournaments and Goose Egg event, and pop and hot dogs and pizza from Pizza Luce every couple hours.

This is a good venue to sell games. No auctions, crating and shipping, no strangers at your house. And a ready made crowd of buyers.

So get those games here.

Table space can be provided for pieces and parts too.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

I'll bring a game, provided I've got a friend around to help me pack/load it.

#5 11 years ago

I'll be there.. Heck, I could bring Jokerz!

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I'll bring a game, provided I've got a friend around to help me pack/load it.

Tony, we can fit two in the van, you game?

#6 11 years ago

Looking forward to it Lloyd! I'd like to bring up 3 machines... but switching jobs very soon so I'm not sure I'll have time to prep ANY of them for sale. Either way, Liz and I will be up there.

Jonathan

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

This is a good venue to sell games. No auctions, crating and shipping, no strangers at your house. And a ready made crowd of buyers.

Absolutely. Lloyd's is a great resource for this. I would encourage anyone to bring a game, for sale or not. It's such a pleasure to see people enjoying your games.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

I'll be there.. Heck, I could bring Jokerz!
    Tony, we can fit two in the van, you game?

I swear I texted you BEFORE I saw your response, haha.

#9 11 years ago

Absolutely. Lloyd's is a great resource for this. I would encourage anyone to bring a game, for sale or not. It's such a pleasure to see people enjoying your games.

I can vouch for that. I have literally sold 5 games out of his place in the past.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I can vouch for that. I have literally sold 5 games out of his place in the past.

If you do sell a game through lloyds, please be kind and hook him up with some greenbacks He'll appreciate it!

And John, I'm by NO WAY implying that you wouldnt, I'm just saying for the newer guys.

#11 11 years ago

I swear I texted you BEFORE I saw your response, haha.

Drinking while "Working from home" is a bad idea, mmmkay?

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

If you do sell a game through lloyds, please be kind and hook him up with some greenbacks He'll appreciate it!

No. Please don't.

That has never been Pinball Circus policy.

For each game you get one free entry and $20 to help with gas.

I'm more concerned with having more games at the event than more greebacks.

Thank you.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No. Please don't.
    That has never been Pinball Circus policy.
    For each game you get one free entry and $20 to help with gas.
    I'm more concerned with having more games at the event than more greebacks.
    Thank you.LTG : )

I was just saying to give you a sort of commishion if the game was sold @ your place! You offer such a great service to the community! Thanks Lloyd!!

1 week later
    #14 11 years ago

Bump for this weekend's Circus!

I can confirm that I'll be bringing my Goldeneye. For sale for $1,900.

See you at the show.

#15 11 years ago

I'll be bringing Jokerz! for sale, not sure on the price yet.

#16 11 years ago

Here is the recent email reminder that went out yesterday. Things are rolling and getting fixed up for the event.

Pinball Circus this coming weekend April 6th and 7th.

Matt Rasmussen will be renting an electric two wheeler so anyone wanting to go in on it and use it contact me and I'll get you in touch with Matt.

Mike Hanks lives nearby and will bring his Tee'd Off, he needs a little help getting it here and back, let me know if you can help and I'll get you in touch with Mike.

Things are shaping up for a fun event. We can still use more games. You get free entry for each game and $20, and if you are looking to sell a game you get a ready made crowd of pinball fans looking to expand their collections.

The plan right now is Saturday noon to midnight or later. All pinball machines on free play. One ball TOPS tournaments ending at midnight one winner each one gets $20. Goose Egg event ends at midnight one winner $20. Survivor Pinball tournament at 6pm, one winner gets $100. Pinball Circus Tournament at 8pm or after first tournament - $200 first place, $50 second place, and $50 winner of consolation bracket. And pop and hot dogs all day and pizza from Pizza Lucé every two hours.

Sunday is noon to 10pm. Pinball machines on free play. The Crazy Joe Esposito Pinball Tournament is at 2pm, Phil Ayotte is sponsoring it. The Pinball Masters tournament is at 4pm. $200 first place, $50 second place, and $50 winner of consolation bracket

The $25 entry fee covers all of this for you.

Plan to attend now, you won't want to hear what all happened later if you miss all the pinball fun.

http://www.ssbilliards.com/

http://www.pinballcircus.com/

#17 11 years ago

Lots of tournaments! At recent events, have there been this number of tournaments?

Maybe I've been too busy to notice in the past ...

#18 11 years ago

Lots of tournaments! At recent events, have there been this number of tournaments?
    Maybe I've been too busy to notice in the past ...

Yep, that has been standard. Two main tournaments each day and 1 ball TOPs Tournaments on Sat.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Yep, that has been standard. Two main tournaments each day and 1 ball TOPs Tournaments on Sat.

Let us not forget the Goose Egg Event.

#20 11 years ago

Quoted from LTG:Let us not forget the Goose Egg Event.

That's my favorite!

#21 11 years ago

Incidentally the Pinball Circus entry fee for all of it's history has been half price for kids. Not always advertized.

And anyone that has had problems with the economy. Lost job, hours cut, salary cut, what ever. They have always been encouraged to see me when they come in. I've left people in cheaper, even free. No one should be left out of pinball fun. And no one will ever know except for them, me, and the wall.

David Gorka just stopped in. He started coming in around 2003, when the Goose Parties became the Pinball Circus. He hasn't missed a Pinball Circus until the one coming up.

While he is sad about that, he is grateful he has been able to be at so many.

So he left $25 with me, to cover the first person that comes in having a hard time.

The Pinball circus isn't just about pinball. It's about people.

Thank you Dave !

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

David Gorka just stopped in. He started coming in around 2003, when the Goose Parties became the Pinball Circus. He hasn't missed a Pinball Circus until the one coming up.

They don't make them much nicer than Dave!

Post edited by tonymiddendorf : Whoops. EDIT to mean what I ACTUALLY meant!

#23 11 years ago

Cool story, Dave sounds awesome.

Cya guys Saturday!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Incidentally the Pinball Circus entry fee for all of it's history has been half price for kids. Not always advertized.
    And anyone that has had problems with the economy. Lost job, hours cut, salary cut, what ever. They have always been encouraged to see me when they come in. I've left people in cheaper, even free. No one should be left out of pinball fun. And no one will ever know except for them, me, and the wall.
    While he is sad about that, he is grateful he has been able to be at so many.
    So he left $25 with me, to cover the first person that comes in having a hard time.
    The Pinball Circus isn't just about pinball. It's about people.
    Thank you Dave !

Dave is top notch. It isn't like he is rolling in cash and has $25 to throw out on a whim, so that is very generous. That sucks he can't be there, but I know he works crazy hours. I'll miss him and so will many others. It's always good to see him and give him a hard time.

#25 11 years ago

Cya guys Saturday!

He is hard to forget with his cut off sleeves and constant Chicago cheerleading. He's from Chicago so it is okay to like the Bears, Blackhawks and White Socks in his case...anyone else and that is not allowed. You've probably seen Dave before and didn't realize it as he is a regular at SS, he is on the left in the picture below.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dave.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dave.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Lloyd, If any of us Pinsiders out of state can provide raffle items again, please let us know! Glad to support the Circus and one of the nicest people on the planet. Tom

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

You've probably seen Dave before and didn't realize it as he is a regular at SS, he is on the left in the picture below.

John Jundt on the right.

Holding their trophies for leading point holders in the Universal Players Yearly Organized United Ranking System. Dave 2011 and John 2012.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from tpellowe:

Lloyd, If any of us Pinsiders out of state can provide raffle items again, please let us know! Glad to support the Circus and one of the nicest people on the planet. Tom

Thank you Tom, I appreciate that.

A little late for this event, there is the Fall Pinball Circus and LTG : ) Show at Expo.

Anyone wanting to donate to the fun is always welcome and appreciated. Especially the "Pinball Parts" for my Expo show.

Thank you ! LTG : )

#29 11 years ago

Would be cool if Python was there one year.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Would be cool if Python was there one year.

Had his Pinball Circus game there in Spring 2006.

You never know who is going to show up.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Cya guys Saturday!

I've been to at least 3 Pinball Circuses, and being an out of towner that goes to a decent amount of pinball events, Dave and the guys are some of the nicest pinball people you'll ever play with.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

I've been to at least 3 Pinball Circuses, and being an out of towner that goes to a decent amount of pinball events, Dave and the guys are some of the nicest pinball people you'll ever play with.

Thank you for coming to them. And big thank you for the kind words !

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

You've probably seen Dave before and didn't realize it as he is a regular at SS, he is on the left in the picture below.

Oh yup, I've seen and met him. I'm horrible w/ names. But I do recall that gent.

-j

#34 11 years ago

Who is bringing a game I'm in the market!

#35 11 years ago

Fire up your flipper fingers. It's almost here.

#36 11 years ago

Anyone have any clues as to what pins might be there for sale? I am in the market for another, up to about 2300$$ give or take...........

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Anyone have any clues as to what pins might be there for sale? I am in the market for another, up to about 2300$$ give or take...........

Not for sure what all, or what will be for sale.

Right now Flipper Football, Goldeneye, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Getaway, one or two EM's and the name escapes me right now.

Rumors of a few more, don't know for sure what titles and if for sale or not.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Right now Flipper Football, Goldeneye, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Getaway, one or two EM's and the name escapes me right now.

My Goldeneye will be for sale.

Cool, I'm excited to get a game or two in on a Flipper Football!

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not for sure what all, or what will be for sale.
    Rumors of a few more, don't know for sure what titles and if for sale or not.

Thanks

#40 11 years ago

A Hot Line and a Ripley's are coming in too.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A Hot Line and a Ripley's are coming in too.

Ahh Ripley's. Is this the one from Rochester that was in for another event before? I remember how much different that one played from my RBION.

#42 11 years ago

I think I might have a police force there for sale.

#43 11 years ago

Who's bringing the getaway?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deadpool66:

Who's bringing the getaway?

Matt.

#45 11 years ago

Before trying to get some sleep. I thought some might like a pre Pinball Circus picture about 10 hours before it opens. I have the majority of my moving and setting up done.

More games coming in tomorrow. I will be up early to get pop, hot dogs and buns. Jim will be on balloon detail when he gets here.

Going to be quite the day.

IMG_0267.JPGIMG_0267.JPG

#46 11 years ago

The party has started. Early this morning some Wizard Of Oz translites and mini playfileds showed up form Jersey Jack Pinball, going to make for great prizes. Going to be a great event !

// Error: Image 88438 not found // // Error: Image 88439 not found // // Error: Image 88440 not found //

#47 11 years ago

The party has started. Early this morning Wizard Of Oz items appeared for prizes.

This is going to be a great event !

IMG_0270.JPGIMG_0270.JPG IMG_0269.JPGIMG_0269.JPG IMG_0268.JPGIMG_0268.JPG

#48 11 years ago

Woot. Will make it up later today and again tomorrow. Would like to see these prizes for silent auction or raffle tickets so I have a chance to win one of them.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Woot. Will make it up later today and again tomorrow. Would like to see these prizes for silent auction or raffle tickets so I have a chance to win one of them.

Since they came in about 7am and I haven't had much time to think yet, I believe it will be raffle prizes. Drawing at 10pm tonight. I'll post winning numbers in case you aren't here so you can pick it up later.

#50 11 years ago

The party is going !

IMG_0279.JPGIMG_0279.JPG IMG_0278.JPGIMG_0278.JPG

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circus-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.