By ek77

3 years ago

Stats

• 76 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pkiefert
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11159955_1593411127572278_7353649387444293415_n.jpg
pinball circus jackpot.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg
10420164_1552962398283818_5906370208203166558_n.jpg

There are 76 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Has anyone heard the price point on Python's Pinball Circus.

#2 3 years ago

Pricing won't be announced until they reach production (i.e. after the 2 prototypes and 12 sample games.)

#3 3 years ago

Some said less than a MMR

1 week later
#4 3 years ago

I know this isn't anything concrete. And the price won't be set until they can figure out how much it will cost them but I think this will give you a direction:

» YouTube video

#5 3 years ago

Skip to 28:45 (hint he says he wants to make machines sub $5k)

#6 3 years ago

it's possible. the profit margin is so high these days, 5k isn't unrealistic.

#7 3 years ago

On one hand I agree the profit margin needs to be a little higher for Stern and JJ. They (especially Stern) are helping to carry the load of keeping pinball viable. And thus they need to make a little more. If I think about only smaller companies releasing games we'd be lucky to get....a game a year....maybe. Think how long it took Spooky, or Skip, or Heighway (still waiting...soon though), Dutch Pinball, etc. It takes a long time for one of the small guys to get all the pieces together to start shipping games. And even then you will have to wait months to get your game.

So while I'd love Stern games to be $4k...they won't be. BUT I could see how this passion project might come in at 5k.....maybe even 4.5. Could be tough any lower than that assuming a 2k profit to keep the wheels greased and a cost of 2.5-3k in parts and labor. tough.....but if any game could do it it would be Pinball Circus simply to prove it COULD be sold at less than the current NIB prices, ha. Python's ultimate punchline!

#8 3 years ago

plus, they are not looking to make profit off this machine. This is going to be sold at absolute cost. But they are working on another game in the same format. Which i'm also going to be looking forward to.

#9 3 years ago

I would be shocked if these came in at under 5K.... And a first day buyer!

#10 3 years ago

I would be shocked too....but one can hope....

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

plus, they are not looking to make profit off this machine. This is going to be sold at absolute cost. But they are working on another game in the same format. Which i'm also going to be looking forward to.

What's the rationale? Just to get as many of these out there as possible?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would be shocked if these came in at under 5K.... And a first day buyer!

If this happens I just might be in on this.

#13 3 years ago

Because that's what Python wanted. To get as many games in peoples hands as possible, with total disregard to profit. The team working on it, seems to be following all Pythons wishes to a tee.

#14 3 years ago

I think if it came in at under 5k A LOT of people would be in on it. I have been obsessively listening to seminars Python did over the last few years and he was all for making as many as possible, no LE, no limited quantities, just keep pumping them out until interest faded.

From his talks he seemed more interested in getting good games out and not making a billion dollars. That said int he same breath he would also say he hated bean counters who would keep the good stuff out of a game because it cost too much. So...those two things together equal.......who the hell knows. Could be 3k....would be 10k....hahaah

#15 3 years ago

Python talks a little more about costs starting at 50:00 (says about 4-5.5) » YouTube video

Again, there is a lot that could change on that but I guess what I am getting at is that it will PROBABLY be less than a NIB Stern and more inline with a used Stern...then again depending on quantities could end up being the new Big Bang Bar......

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's possible. the profit margin is so high these days, 5k isn't unrealistic.

No offense but you really have no concept of economics. Margins aren't crazy high because of some weird phenomenon. Margins are high because of the stupid prices (8-9k) pins are selling for. Cost of good and labor costs are actually up. But prices are up multiples of those increases. Making pinball circus for 5k might be possible. I don't think it will be crazy profitable at that price point though.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

No offense but you really have no concept of economics. Margins aren't crazy high because of some weird phenomenon. Margins are high because of the stupid prices (8-9k) pins are selling for. Cost of good and labor costs are actually up. But prices are up multiples of those increases. Making Pinball Circus for 5k might be possible. I don't think it will be crazy profitable at that price point though.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that people are so used to seeing 7 and 8k price points, they forget that it doesn't cost anywhere near that to actually build the game. A lot of the newer guys don't even know about the $3500-4k price points NIB used to be, not all that long ago. Pro models were under 5k. Still are. So to see this game made for 5kish. Isn't at all unreasonable. Especially when the company making them, isn't looking to make any profit.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I know this isn't anything concrete. And the price won't be set until they can figure out how much it will cost them but I think this will give you a direction:
» YouTube video

Thank you for this video. Python was such a fantastic person. Completely original. What a loss when he passed.

I think it is amazing that they are honoring their promise to Python. He is smiling right now. Whatever the price point, it is amazing and I think they will certainly ave something to be proud of.

Chris

#19 3 years ago

Not as much as i'd be smiling having one in my gameroom.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Thank you for this video. Python was such a fantastic person. Completely original. What a loss when he passed.

That's what really drew my to this thread. I was just devouring his seminars and any video I could find. I came a cross this one where he talks about what he wanted for pricing and thought I would share.

He was a real crazy cat and we'll all miss the contributions he could have made. In the mean time the circus is a callin' and I am runnin' away from home!!!

#21 3 years ago

» YouTube video

Under 5k would make a good game on route

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because that's what Python wanted. To get as many games in peoples hands as possible, with total disregard to profit. The team working on it, seems to be following all Pythons wishes to a tee.

This is essentially it in a nutshell. It's all about fulfilling our promise to Python. This is the game that Python really regretted never got finished and into production.

It's all about the Python, not the Benjamins.

To be honest, I'm not sure 5k is possible, but after the game is complete and we start focusing on the BOM, who knows.

We can't wait to show everyone what we've been working on since Expo.

#23 3 years ago

I had a chance to play the one in Vegas last week. It was in rough shape. After my second game the elephant was not functioning properly and the game was powered off. It will be great to see these in many other places. I may even be raiding my piggy bank for one in the near future.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are working on another game in the same format. Which i'm also going to be looking forward to.

+1

#25 3 years ago

Played the one in Vegas, it's a gimmick for sure, but would I be in? Hell yes!

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Played the one in Vegas

http://www.circusmaximusgames.com/ What they are making is so much more than the one you played.

LTG : )™

#27 3 years ago

If this game got released in the $5K neighborhood, that would be very inexpensive. So much so that not only will I have to buy one, but I'd also donate $500 to Python's family or to a kids charity in his honor/memory. And if these amazing guys have the goal of making minimal money on this, that may be something everyone could/should do. I truly think that would put the biggest smile on Python's face.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

a kids charity in his honor/memory

How about one of the ones that puts pinball machines in children's hospitals?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

How about one of the ones that puts pinball machines in children's hospitals?

I'm already in on that.

http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the home page.

2 weeks later
#30 3 years ago

Pinball Inc and the Circus Maximus Group have purchased a 12,000+ sq/ft building with a 1200 sq/ft. paint booth (in it's own dedicated building) for the first phase of the manufacturing of Python's Pinball Circus. The added bonus is this used to be a cabinet/furniture manufacturing business and all the equipment is included! The building is on 7 acres so expanding will not be an issue.

Facebook jan 18

10420164_1552962398283818_5906370208203166558_n.jpg
#31 3 years ago

Here's some photos of the inside ...

IMG_0607.jpg IMG_0608.jpg IMG_0609.jpg
#32 3 years ago

If it is even close to the $5K mark, I'd have to be in.

#33 3 years ago

Played it EXPO 05 Many times. once finally getting to the top the object is to knock all 3 drop targets (clowns teeth) down then into the clowns hatch. the jackpot is achieved. from playing for hours we figured out a cheat if both flippers were held in the ball would not drain,regaining control of the drop target shots.

pinball circus jackpot.jpg

#34 3 years ago

The Southern Fried Gameroom Expo (www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com) just announced that we will be speaking at this years show (June 19-21) and bringing Python's Pinball Circus with us. This is where we let the cat out of the bag on this project originally as it's our hometown show.

From their Speakers page:

"Circus Maximus is the team assembled by Python Anghelo to build his vision of Pinball Circus. The game is a pinball legend, abandoned at the prototype stage 20 years ago by Williams, then one of the world’s dominant manufacturers in the space. Though only incomplete prototypes remained, James Loflin and Paul Kiefert worked with their friend and creative mastermind Python Anghelo before his death to capture his original vision of the famed game. Now, Circus Maximus aims to finish the journey Python started many years before: to bring the world one of the most innovative and unique pinball games on the planet."

2 months later
#36 3 years ago

I am not to concerned on the price, i'm definitely in on this one that is if they are making enough to go around and lucky enough to get one. Any idea if making indefinitely as to numbers and demand?

#37 3 years ago

IM IN!!!!! Looks Amazing!!

#38 3 years ago

I believe initially the project is two whitewoods then 12 prototypes. After that, a manufacturing partner would need to be involved. I'm sure Paul will chime in. Maybe more info at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo?

Here's the other new vid

» YouTube video

#39 3 years ago

I really want one of these....amazing tribute.....

Ken
http://www.pinballrebel.com

#40 3 years ago

If this game does get made for 5k (big IF), it will be a steal comparing to the price of WNBJM.

#41 3 years ago

Looks like something different, depending on the price I would be interested in one.

#42 3 years ago

Take. My. Money.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am not to concerned on the price, i'm definitely in on this one that is if they are making enough to go around and lucky enough to get one. Any idea if making indefinitely as to numbers and demand?

I'm with ya. If these make it to production, one's coming to Nova Scotia.

#44 3 years ago

I'm a little confused on how the math works out on this.

14 games @ $5,000 is $70,000. Lets say cost for materials + labor to assemble one is $3000, that leaves $28,000 in profit for 2+ years of R&D + the cost of the factory?

That makes no sense to me.

That being said - I'm in if they can actually pull it off!

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'm a little confused on how the math works out on this.

Has the price been officially announced?

#46 3 years ago

No prices have been announced - I was just using the numbers that Python had mentioned in his Q&A session posted earlier in this thread. And of course they would make more than 14 of them if the demand is there.

I really hope they can pull it off - it's obviously a labor of love and a tribute to Python's wishes to see it fully realized.

#47 3 years ago

When are they shipping? Cause I'm in for one

#48 3 years ago

Probably for 2016,cant wait for this!

#49 3 years ago

I'm in for one also.

#50 3 years ago

I would say probably get made before magic girl

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 76 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,092 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside