Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

77622AB2-98CD-4794-98D6-79D89D54281B (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Kevin was a good friend. I really enjoyed the stories he would share about finding and rescuing pinball machines. He covered this area for many years. He lived in Rock Island IL.
    He always new most of us that bought pinball machines from him. Wanted delivery and set up in basements. He new it and was happy to make it happen. Kevin passed away about 3 weeks ago. I have spoke with several of his friends. We will all miss him. RIP Kevin Honaker. Thank you and we miss you. Yes, over the years internet has made the pinball community closer together. This fellow did it by himself. When I hear about a pinball machine for sale from the 90s. I remember the time when Kevin had that one for sale, and I was on the fence. Wish I had more money back then.
    77622AB2-98CD-4794-98D6-79D89D54281B (resized).jpeg77622AB2-98CD-4794-98D6-79D89D54281B (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

We have a local fellow who is in his mid 80s. He has 5 pinball machines. From Kevin. Without Kevin doing delivery and set up he would have none. I have seen some bashing of Kevin on Pinside. Anyone who is selling stuff, like cars or pinball machines 25 years old. They most likely are not perfect.

#3 1 year ago

guy was a piece of work. Plenty of horror stories on here about him.

#4 1 year ago

just how many Choggards have died recently??

#5 1 year ago

I hope he had a peaceful death. There is good and bad in all of us, just try to be more good...

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

DR. CHOGGARD the one and only.

#7 1 year ago

I was wondering why anyone would downvote a RIP post. Now I get it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-choggared-by-a-guy-in-rock-island

#8 1 year ago

I didn't know the guy. Looked up his obit. Main thing listed about him was that he was a master at fixing pinball machines and cars.

#9 1 year ago

Bump for Kevin. Was the pinball game hunter. In these parts.

#10 1 year ago

Well I guess no warm-n-fuzzy eulogy here!

#11 1 year ago

I did a few deals with him and he was fair. Little rough around the edges but never had a problem. RIP Kevin.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Little rough around the edges

Most of us are. And most of us just don't realize it...

#13 1 year ago

RIP Choggard, legends never die

#14 1 year ago

Tony,

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I really heard alot of good things about Kevin. The games you have in your collection that he helped you acquire are all excellent.

RIP Kevin

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I wasn't going to go there...but I knew someone would.

#16 1 year ago

I kinda feel like I'm at an Irish Wake where nobody wants to go first...

#17 1 year ago

Honaker was a legend.
    He had many friends and enemies. No matter what side of that fence you fell on, it would be impossible to call him anything less than truely alternative.
    I have endlessly told *Honaker* stories for years and years. They never fail to entertain.
    I will miss him, and being that I am not a man known much for sentiment, the fact that I find myself feeling at a loss makes me take notice of his passing/absence.
    Rest your weary heart Kevin. You managed to pack the good, bad & ugly into one hell of a run.
    Terry.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Honaker was a legend.
    He had many friends and enemies. No matter what side of that fence you fell on, it would be impossible to call him anything less than truely alternative.
    I have endlessly told *Honaker* stories for years and years. They never fail to entertain.
    I will miss him, and being that I am not a man known much for sentiment, the fact that I find myself feeling at a loss makes me take notice of his passing/absence.
    Rest your weary heart Kevin. You managed to pack the good, bad & ugly into one hell of a run.
    Terry.

I'd give you 2 upvotes if I could. Well said...

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Honaker was a legend.
    Terry.

Well said Terry. I don't/didn't know all the backstory - but do I need to?

No - God speed Kevin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-central-il and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.