Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sniiki
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200517_115157 (resized).jpg
    pzcottage (resized).jpg
    3419E6B6-264B-4C9B-81C6-1C023A1952E0 (resized).jpeg
    0A5CA41C-5B5A-40CB-9B0C-C5A2C282DB81 (resized).jpeg
    BA0CE9AB-3DF3-49B3-B43E-2F8049BC7DBE (resized).jpeg
    F79E14F4-8A18-44EA-A666-A3BE03337FAB (resized).jpeg
    730A1BCA-D08D-4683-9B7C-FB686D82AFB1 (resized).jpeg
    E04EDDDE-2099-49FE-BF43-B0AFACC7BD30 (resized).jpeg
    C1ACDBD5-680E-4A40-BCF5-C322EC9D489C (resized).jpeg
    093E1D2B-8B45-4E13-B3BD-95AB9A17F0F5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0197 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0196 (resized).jpg
    NGG.JPG
    20161128_153500 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Just took an order from pinballcenter for a JM speaker panel. Take a look and tell me what you think:

20161128_153500 (resized).jpg20161128_153500 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I wouldn't be thrilled - contact them about it to see their position. Looks like an inkjet print with some clogged heads causing streaking?

#3 7 years ago

Contacted them and got this reply:

"you are the first which found it not got and we sure sell 20pcs of this

I think most people found it ok, because if you have a damaged one this are better as this

And if you change it no one see it, if you not have the original on side

THanks
    Marco"

Most people find this ok....really? How about most people looking at this right now? Is this acceptable to you?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

Contacted them and got this reply:
    "you are the first which found it not got and we sure sell 20pcs of this
    I think most people found it ok, because if you have a damaged one this are better as this
    And if you change it no one see it, if you not have the original on side
    THanks
    Marco"
    Most people find this ok....really? How about most people looking at this right now? Is this acceptable to you?

If my original was missing or very damaged and I had no other options and that was available, yes I would be happy to be able to have that. I am guessing once installed on the game, from all the way back at the player's position, it won't be obvious how well the print was laid.

#5 7 years ago

Looks like a poor reproduction to me. Looks like it was printed on a cheap home inkjet. I wouldn't be happy with it.

Quoted from Russo121:

So...he is producing parts that are just "good enough"? Does he not take pride in providing the best possible reproduction part he can?

#6 7 years ago

Almost good enough, or good enough for someone to buy it, or if they want it they don't really have a choice, or maybe they won't notice, seems to be the norm with many repro Williams parts these days.

#7 7 years ago

Well it looks like I won't be buying anything from Pinball Center with their response like that :/

#8 7 years ago

Dont buy plastics from those people !
    All of those plastics of them looks like that.
    For the rest they have a large and good supply of parts . . . just ignore the plastics.

#9 7 years ago

Really, it's a terrible repro. They should give you your money back and don't even bother sending it back.

Unless it's a mistake/misprint, they are ripping people off.

#10 7 years ago

That looks pretty bad. I'd want to return it.

#11 7 years ago

Also, don't want to keep beating a dead horse but are those guys allowed to sell licensed Williams products? Sara at PPS always backed her products no questions asked.

#12 7 years ago

I bought a gottlieb speaker panel a couple years back, and it was virtually indistinguishable from an original.

It seems at one point they were capibile of producing good quality products.

#13 7 years ago

There seems to be a big difference in what Gottlieb license holders will put their approval on compared to what the Williams license holders will.

#14 7 years ago

I guess 'good enough' is ok for some folk in their opinion. Not for me when i'm looking to do a full restore on a machine i love.

Yeah, the print/scan lines are bad, but the fact it is brown just boggles the mind when it is so easy to make the image black. Perhaps they ran out of black ink in the printer half way through and thought..."yep, good enough".?

Is there anyone out there able to actually reproduce these things correctly? If so, i'd seriously appreciate their contact details.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

Is there anyone out there able to actually reproduce these things correctly? If so, i'd seriously appreciate their contact details.

You should head on over to the BSD color DMD thread and see what quality speaker panels they get to choose from. lol.

#16 7 years ago

Whoa, i just checked those pics out in the color dmd thread. Since when does BSD have purple in the panel? LMFAO.

Pinball center also do the BSD panels, albeit with the red film over the dmd area (that they say can be removed) but not too optimistic if they will be worth bothering with.

#17 7 years ago

This one looks like a poor print job from 1997. I am sure that I could do a better job myself on my home ink jet. If I buy a repro part I expect it to be indistinguishable from the original one. I have two NGGs - one with printed translite from 2000 and the other one with original backglass. Seeing the poor repros from licensed sources I have no other option than scanning the original backglass on a Cruse scanner and find a good direct print shop to print an indistinguishable copy. It can be done since NGG has no mirroring print on the backglass. A nice example of Pool sharks backglass resto (although without mirroring):
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-sharks-restoration

4 weeks later
    #19 7 years ago
    Quoted from rygar:

This one looks like a poor print job from 1997. I am sure that I could do a better job myself on my home ink jet. If I buy a repro part I expect it to be indistinguishable from the original one. I have two NGGs - one with printed translite from 2000 and the other one with original backglass. Seeing the poor repros from licensed sources I have no other option than scanning the original backglass on a Cruse scanner and find a good direct print shop to print an indistinguishable copy. It can be done since NGG has no mirroring print on the backglass. A nice example of Pool sharks backglass resto (although without mirroring):
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-sharks-restoration

Detail from my NGG backglass scan at 600 DPI on Cruse scanner. I will post the end result and type of equipment which will be used for printing the backglass.

NGG.JPGNGG.JPG

1 year later
    #20 5 years ago

Reviving this thread with a more current example.

For anyone considering buying plastics from them, at least the ones they make themselves, consider yourself forewarned. Better than a broken one I guess. Notice the missing dots on the cursed sign, mounting holes not cut all the way through, opacity of the backing and scratch(?) on the back that shows on the front once the plastic is lit from behind. Colors kind of off too, although not quite as bad as the photo makes them look. Really a shame since they have some unobtanium plastics.

IMG_0196 (resized).jpgIMG_0196 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0197 (resized).jpgIMG_0197 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #21 5 years ago

yeah I bought 2 sets of plastics from them, Robocop and flintstones, both pretty damn shitty! better than nothing, but look nothing like the pics, and several didn't even fit, were no where near the right size even. last resort option on their plastics for sure.

#22 5 years ago

Topper i got from them, looks like a 3 yr old painted it!

093E1D2B-8B45-4E13-B3BD-95AB9A17F0F5 (resized).jpeg093E1D2B-8B45-4E13-B3BD-95AB9A17F0F5 (resized).jpeg0A5CA41C-5B5A-40CB-9B0C-C5A2C282DB81 (resized).jpeg0A5CA41C-5B5A-40CB-9B0C-C5A2C282DB81 (resized).jpeg3419E6B6-264B-4C9B-81C6-1C023A1952E0 (resized).jpeg3419E6B6-264B-4C9B-81C6-1C023A1952E0 (resized).jpeg730A1BCA-D08D-4683-9B7C-FB686D82AFB1 (resized).jpeg730A1BCA-D08D-4683-9B7C-FB686D82AFB1 (resized).jpegBA0CE9AB-3DF3-49B3-B43E-2F8049BC7DBE (resized).jpegBA0CE9AB-3DF3-49B3-B43E-2F8049BC7DBE (resized).jpegC1ACDBD5-680E-4A40-BCF5-C322EC9D489C (resized).jpegC1ACDBD5-680E-4A40-BCF5-C322EC9D489C (resized).jpegE04EDDDE-2099-49FE-BF43-B0AFACC7BD30 (resized).jpegE04EDDDE-2099-49FE-BF43-B0AFACC7BD30 (resized).jpegF79E14F4-8A18-44EA-A666-A3BE03337FAB (resized).jpegF79E14F4-8A18-44EA-A666-A3BE03337FAB (resized).jpeg
    1 year later
    #23 3 years ago

Have to give this bad feedback too as I was earlier let down with the LED supply and they didn't even answer to claim made back then.
    Now I was about to install PZ Cosmic cottage ordered 9 months ago just to nice the mounting brackets don't align at all. They are in wrong place and shaped wrong too. In installation pic left side is cottage positioned as should and on right aligned so that holes are close as they get, still too far off tho to even drill new ones to the cottage. I think they made a mistake that the right bracket in pic would mount to that philips screw but that's not correct and it's not even possible to install it there as the gate switch underneath will bind against the cottage wall.

Another pic shows the bracket positions of original part in red and repro (that is sitting upside down under the original) in green.

Flasher screw holes didn't align either but at least I was able to drill new ones there.

This time they answered to my claim but told that my table is different. Lucky me, a rare proto PZ!

Like others have said, they have unobtanium but be aware that some tinkering might be needed. If they would advertise this as "close but not original" and admit the flaws, I'd still be ok to pay the decently low prices for some of the stuff but with the fu attitude they have... well I'm going to avoid much as possible.

IMG_20200517_115157 (resized).jpgIMG_20200517_115157 (resized).jpgpzcottage (resized).jpgpzcottage (resized).jpg

#24 3 years ago

Dunno if it was posting here or what but I received a refund for the part yesterday without further replies in my email.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-center-plastic-quality and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.