• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8064 (resized).JPG
old man yells at cloud (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

http://www.channel3000.com/news/smoking-pinball-machine-evacuates-east-side-bar-officials-say/495025934

Anyone from Madison, Wisconsin see this news item? Parched Eagle Brewpub. Anyone familiar with this location?

#2 6 years ago

Didn't someone on pinside have an alien on location there?

#3 6 years ago

That's not a "Madison Pinball" location, which is Hilton's group that has the Alien.

#4 6 years ago

Address of the place actually shows Waunakee. It doesn't show up on Pinball Maps.

#5 6 years ago

lol, hilarious that there is a news artcile on this.

something locked on, main fuse did its job and blew.

No smoke/minor smoke from what I was told. Just smelt of burning. Game will be fixed later today.

All is good.

#6 6 years ago

Dizzam, all that reporting and we still don't know what machine is out of order

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/smoking-pinball-machine-evacuates-east-side-bar-officials-say/495025934
Anyone from Madison, Wisconsin see this news item? Parched Eagle Brewpub. Anyone familiar with this location?

curious, how does someone in CA even have an artcile like this come up on your radar?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Dizzam, all that reporting and we still don't know what machine is out of order

sorcerer.

It was magic smoke, lol

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No smoke/minor smoke from what I was told. Just smelt of burning. Game will be fixed later today.
All is good.

More than one article apparently. lol.. Must be a slow news day here in Madison. the machine is a Sorcerer btw

http://www.wkow.com/story/35415405/2017/05/12/smoke-at-east-side-pub-places-pin-ball-machine-out-of-service?cid=WKOW_27

#10 6 years ago

Lucky the firefighters didn't use axes and foam. Happened twice at my fathers arcade when employee called fire department rather than unplug a game with a malfunctioning score reel coil. Two games destroyed.

LTG : (

#11 6 years ago

This is newsworthy?? Man...they have way better things to report on....im sure...

#12 6 years ago

Sounds like a slow news day in Madison...

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, how does someone in CA even have an artcile like this come up on your radar?

I'm in a Slack group that is testing a Google Alert for the word "pinball." It came up on the Slack channel.

#14 6 years ago

Emily Friese also spelled "allowed " incorrectly in her story . Normally I wouldn't mention something like this but spelling is part of her job .

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All is good.

Wait, so this IS a Madison Pinball location? Parched Eagle Brewpub isn't listed on your internet web site.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Emily Friese also spelled "allowed " incorrectly in her story . Normally I wouldn't mention something like this but spelling is part of her job .

That and she spelled pinball "Pin ball"

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wait, so this IS a Madison Pinball location? Parched Eagle Brewpub isn't listed on your internet web site.

I wouldn't be too surprised unless Madison, Wisconsin is the new pinball capital of the world for pinball operators

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Sounds like a slow news day in Madison...

100% 'Slow day in the News'.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

100% 'Slow day in the News'.

Free advertising.

#20 6 years ago

One of the Lamest news article ever

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

old man yells at cloud (resized).jpgold man yells at cloud (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Jesus was this from the local high school paper or something?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Probably has a news feed aboot competitive pinball...gets a lot of updates from Wisconson

#23 6 years ago

Kind of ironic that "Sparky" is reporting this fire don't you think?

#24 6 years ago

Good thing it wasnt his Alien pin.

#25 6 years ago

I remember when smoke and haze was expected in a bar.
Get off my lawn, you damn kids!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably has a news feed aboot competitive pinball...gets a lot of updates from Wisconson

Quoted from Sparky:

I'm in a Slack group that is testing a Google Alert for the word "pinball." It came up on the Slack channel.

Oddly enough, Wisconsin alerts come up a lot.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Oddly enough, Wisconsin alerts come up a lot.

wisconsin is a VERY active pinball state.

Amazing to some, but then again we are only 2 hours from the pinball radiation of the entire world.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wisconsin is a VERY active pinball state.
Amazing to some, but then again we are only 2 hours from the pinball radiation of the entire world.

Benton is closer than that, isn't it?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Benton is closer than that, isn't it?

You mean the new pinball capital of the world?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#30 6 years ago

That's soooo trippy ... my sorcerer also just 'went up in smoke' yesturday! The stars must have aligned! Bar phoned me saying the place was 'full of smoke' BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I will come fix it in the morning

IMG_8064 (resized).JPGIMG_8064 (resized).JPG

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Address of the place actually shows Waunakee

Reminds me of a song I heard back in the day -"I wear animal pelts. I eat raw meat. I sleep in a hollow tree."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-causes-fire-in-madison-wi-bar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.