(Topic ID: 32580)

Pinball Card Models...should I start to sell these?

By Medieval_Gofers

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Models_(4).jpg
    Models_(5)_small.jpg
    Models_(2)_small.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medieval_Gofers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I've been making pinball models for the best part of a year now. I really like the look of them and they make superb gameroom decorations. I know there are people out there making models professionally out of proper materials but mine are a nice cheap alternative that i find really fun to build!

I've made 36 different machines and have the resources to make loads more. If you guys think it's a good idea, I plan to set up an eBay shop in the new year that will sell the templates to these models. I really don't want to charge you guys much so they'd be no more than £0.99 each. I'd then e-mail them to you so that you can use them as many times as you like.

So, would people be interested? Is it worthwhile for me to do? Either way i don't mind because I really enjoy making them, I'm just willing to share them with the community.

Pictures to follow...

Models_(2)_small.jpgModels_(2)_small.jpg Models_(5)_small.jpgModels_(5)_small.jpg Models_(4).jpgModels_(4).jpg

#5 11 years ago

Really? I didnt realise I'd need the licenses just to sell some templates. I assume just printing on them that I dont own any of the property doesnt cut it? Do the other pinball model makers get all these liscenses too?

#7 11 years ago

Very true.

I'm only selling the pinball machine making kit templates and instructions. I'm not selling AC/DC nor the pinball game though...I'm not sure. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the rapid feedback guys!

#9 11 years ago

I've had a surprising amount of interest via Pinsidemail, so I 've decided to go for it. I'll keep everyone posted. Hopefully the templates will be avaliable before or during January. I'll make it very clear about what I own and what I don't and what I'm selling to avoid license issues, though I really doubt that there'll be any.

Thanks everyone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medieval_Gofers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-card-modelsshould-i-start-to-sell-these?tu=Medieval_Gofers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.