IMG_0675 (resized).JPG
IMG_0127 (1) (resized).JPG
Bonus Cards 2 (resized).png
Bonus Cards (resized).png
New Final (resized).png
Tokens (resized).png
3D-Box-2 (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

I didn't see anything mentioned about this on Pinside so I figured I'd post.

There is a card game called Pinball Showdown on Kickstarter right now with about 6 days left where you play as the ball. Looks fun. It's only $24. And hey, it's pinball!!!

I have no affiliation with the campaign other than I was a day one backer... so I benefit if more people back it too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919693711/pinball-showdown/description

#2 7 years ago

I had the graphic designer put flipper buttons on the side of the box and the coin slots plus shooter rod on the front. A touch I think pinball players will appreciate.

3D-Box-2 (resized).png3D-Box-2 (resized).png

#3 7 years ago

I think it looks fantastic!

#4 7 years ago

Hey thanks for the heads up, I am in!

#5 7 years ago

I'd buy it, I've bought a bunch of Kickstarter board games, but there's no Canadian shipping option. Will they be available after the Kickstarter?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I'd buy it, I've bought a bunch of Kickstarter board games, but there's no Canadian shipping option. Will they be available after the Kickstarter?

The pledges say they ship anywhere in the world... outside the US is a $10 shipping...

#7 7 years ago

Looks like a neat game but honestly, to hell with Kickstarter. I've lost hundreds of dollars over the years to either incompetent boobs who couldn't finish their projects, or scumbags who disappear like a fart in a hurricane - and Kickstarter doesn't give a damn about chasing down either category.

Rant over, but if it ends up being available for sale through a normal channel I'd probably buy it.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Looks like a neat game but honestly, to hell with Kickstarter. I've lost hundreds of dollars over the years to either incompetent boobs who couldn't finish their projects, or scumbags who disappear like a fart in a hurricane - and Kickstarter doesn't give a damn about chasing down either category.
Rant over, but if it ends up being available for sale through a normal channel I'd probably buy it.

I bought in for the twin pack so (if I get them LOL) you can have one of mine.

Catch is you will have to collect it from the factory Hahahaha.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I bought in for the twin pack so (if I get them LOL) you can have one of mine.
Catch is you will have to collect it from the factory Hahahaha.

No problem Mike! I'm overdue a HK/SZ trip anyway!

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from mitchelwb:

The pledges say they ship anywhere in the world... outside the US is a $10 shipping...

Thanks for pointing that out, I was looking at it on the Kickstarter app and didn't notice the world wide shipping. I'm in, just jumped on board.

The Kickstarter app isn't as nice as their web page. I should have paid closer attention.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks to all of you that have backed! Here are some pictures of the cards and the tokens in the game.

Tokens (resized).pngTokens (resized).png

New Final (resized).pngNew Final (resized).png

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Thanks for pointing that out, I was looking at it on the Kickstarter app and didn't notice the world wide shipping. I'm in, just jumped on board.
The Kickstarter app isn't as nice as their web page. I should have paid closer attention.

Yeah, the KS app is garbage.

#13 7 years ago

Hopefully theres enough support from pinside to reach the final stretch goal.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Diane_Sauer:

I had the graphic designer put flipper buttons on the side of the box and the coin slots plus shooter rod on the front. A touch I think pinball players will appreciate.

Diane, the entire art package looks amazing, lots of nice touches, heading over to buy in right now.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Diane, the entire art package looks amazing, lots of nice touches, heading over to buy in right now.

Thank you and thank you for backing!

#16 7 years ago

For $24, I'm in. Game play looks unique and I like the theme, lol.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

For $24, I'm in. Game play looks unique and I like the theme, lol.

Thank you for the support!

#18 7 years ago

I don't play many board or card games, would this be a vs type of thing? Two or more people playing against each other?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't play many board or card games, would this be a vs type of thing? Two or more people playing against each other?

It is 2-4 players, every pinball for themselves. So yes, it is vs. type of game.

#20 7 years ago

I thought if the project was not actually made, all money was refunded?

#21 7 years ago

Somehow I missed you post until now. Well, that is why you only pledge to people with a track record. This is my 5th kickstarter. All four previous were delivered on time and in fact three of them were delivered early. I've had hundreds of people back my projects and you can ask any of them and you will not find a complaint of any kind. Additionally, I've run a pinball restoration and sales business since 2003. So, while I appreciate and think people should be cautious on Kickstarter, I feel I've more than proved myself trustworthy.

As for waiting, I do hope to have it available on some of the pinball sites and in some game stores, however, those copies will not come with whatever bonus cards are unlocked via stretch goals (so far two sets of two cards and I am confident of at least one more).

Diane

Bonus Cards (resized).pngBonus Cards (resized).png

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Diane_Sauer:

Somehow I missed you post until now. Well, that is why you only pledge to people with a track record. This is my 5th kickstarter. All four previous were delivered on time and in fact three of them were delivered early. I've had hundreds of people back my projects and you can ask any of them and you will not find a complaint of any kind. Additionally, I've run a pinball restoration and sales business since 2003. So, while I appreciate and think people should be cautious on Kickstarter, I feel I've more than proved myself trustworthy.
As for waiting, I do hope to have it available on some of the pinball sites and in some game stores, however, those copies will not come with whatever bonus cards are unlocked via stretch goals (so far two sets of two cards and I am confident of at least one more).
Diane

I've backed 20+ Kickstarters and a few on IndieGoGo and so far, I've not been stiffed on anything. The worst of it has been a creator that wasn't interested in what backers were asking for because they wanted to have it shipped in December. It's now Feb and they are saying March. If that's as bad as it gets, maybe I've just been lucky.

#23 7 years ago

Bump for the final day...

#24 7 years ago

Just curious, since the goal amount is already reached and over the amount, does the originator get to keep all excess funds?

#25 7 years ago

Kickstarter is not an online store. It is a forum for people to pitch an idea. You are responsible for deciding whether to back them or not. and the risk of them not being competent to bring the project to completion is yours as well.

I've backed a half dozen successful projects on there and have been happy with the results.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just curious, since the goal amount is already reached and over the amount, does the originator get to keep all excess funds?

There's not really any excess here. Nearly everyone who bought in is getting something in return so the money is going towards that. The goal amount is basically "it would take this much money to make it feasible/worthwhile to create this item and sell it" and anything over that means more items are sold. I don't have any affiliation with this company nor have I run any Kickstarters, just backed a few and hope I understand how it works.

With some sites, like gofundme, you're often just giving money for someone's (possibly non-commercial) project with only token rewards offered (in which case I assume they do keep the excess) but this is quite different.

#27 7 years ago

Another stretch goal is unlocked now. These cards will not be in the standard version you would get from a store or website.

Bonus Cards 2 (resized).pngBonus Cards 2 (resized).png

#28 7 years ago

Just saw this! I'm glad I did it looks like a fun game and even if it isn't. It'll look good on the game room shelf. Glad I ordered in time!

#29 7 years ago

Be very cool if they get to the vari target stretch goal!

#30 7 years ago

Bought! I like pinball. I like boardgames.

For a long time I imagined a game like this, with similar mechanics. Now it's there!

I can't count days to have it in my mailbox

Alby

2 months later
#31 7 years ago

I got a backer email update today. the token for turn marker is a very cool idea. I actually can't wait to see where my token originally came from. I've got a small collection of tokens from various local arcades, most of them are closed now so I can't cash them in. Although I think I'd rather keep them.

if you know anyone that is sorry they missed the Pinball Showdown Kickstarter (why wouldn't they be?), they can still pre-order the game by heading here.
https://sites.google.com/site/shootagaingames2/home/ordering-information

1 week later
#32 6 years ago

Here is the pile they will be coming from. Some in there I consider very cool like Aladdin's Castle, Century Theater Starcade, Tilt Amusements, Namco, some early 80's Chuck E Cheese ones to name a few.

IMG_0127 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0127 (1) (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#33 6 years ago

Received my game the other day!

IMG_0675 (resized).JPGIMG_0675 (resized).JPG

#34 6 years ago

Mine are waiting in the Hong Kong office for my next trip across from the mainland.

#35 6 years ago

Got mine today. I haven't opened it yet but my token looks like a Namco one. Very cool

#36 6 years ago

Great to see them getting into people's hands (and might I brag a little, ahead of schedule).

I just did a second How to Play video for the game. Some people don't appreciate my thematic one that was based on the 1981 Spaceport training slide one so I made a very straightforward one for them.

Regular straightforward How to Play -

Spaceport Slideshow Thematic How to Play -

1 week later
#37 6 years ago

I did a Developer's Diary talking about the design process for Pinball Showdown. You can read it here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/65896/designer-diary-pinball-showdown-or-quarter

4 months later
#39 6 years ago

I am curious is there any way to buy the cards that didn't make the stretch goal? I.e. The vari-target card?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I am curious is there any way to buy the cards that didn't make the stretch goal? I.e. The vari-target card?

Make the request via Kickstarter or by emailing me and include your address.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-card-game-on-kickstarter?hl=leakyfaucet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.