(Topic ID: 3949)

Pinball Camera ?

By B9

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from B9:

I'm interested in putting a camera inside a pinball machine and would like to know if anyone else is doing this ?

Have you seen Pinball 101? They put a little camera on a toy car and drive it around the ramps and playfield.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from B9:

What do they use to record at pinball tournaments ?

I have an overhead cam style setup. I use a Sony CX110. It's not a fantastic camera but it's pretty nice.

Last time I spoke with Randy Elwin who does quite a bit of that kind of filming, his cameras were pretty basic because he wanted to have several of them for multiple games and cost was a factor. I think they are 720p capable.

If you just want to record, any decent 720 or 1080 cam will do, however, if you also want to simultaneously project the image onto a wall or screen, like they do at PAPA, you need to ensure you can disable the on screen controls from the display. Not all cameras allow you to do that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-camera?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.