7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

I sold a woman a Spy Hunter through Craigs List about 4 months ago. We agreed on a price of $950.

She was a newbie- at last to pin ownership, so I held her hand and visited her house a few times showing her how to put games on (other than feeding coins through the slot) um, twice before I created this diagram and emailed it to her. Didn't have a problem after that. Except about 2 weeks after I sold it to her, the relay that enables the flippers stopped working, so I came, diagnosed, and got one of those for her. She paid me for the part and I think $20 for gas.

Finally she was good. She texts me to tell me how much fun she and her friends are having playing it. Then, maybe 3 weeks, or a month go by, and she texts me she needs to talk to me. So I call her and she again tells me how much fun she's having and everybody, but- Finally that the game needs to go. She has to get rid of it.

After all this I don't know what to say. I don't ever recall anyone being quite this helpful to me when I buy pinballs from them!

Regardless of whether I was too nice to this lady in the beginning, I guess I don't want to screw her, or do I want to come out of the deal feeling like I've been screwed either.

I read this thing the other day taling about Pinball rentals, $150 setup, and $150 a day? Okay.. Maybe that's not a good comparison. Maybe something like a restocking fee? Truth is I really don't even have ROOM for that pin in my collection, nor the money to buy it back. Maybe I sell it for her and collect some sort of fee? 10%?

-Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
875 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-buy-back-1?tu=bdPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.