1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16526551697387433296226966287399 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sly_Old_Devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

as much and as often as we can.

Amen to that.

I'm in a similar boat to you (I call it the cruise to fuckedlandier)...started out as kidney cancer (RCC) which spread to my lungs and liver (bazinga - stage 4) . Went on a drugs trial which combines tier 1 and tier 2 treatments at the same time, there were 2 groups, one group (g1) got immunotherapy drugs (ippy and nivo) and a placebo for cabozantinib (TKI) and the other group (g2) got all 3 drugs. I ended up in g1...it cleared my lungs but accelerated my liver tumors, at this point, 2 years ago, the trial ended for me (hence I then discovered which group I was in). Was given 3 months to live at that point...then, ironically, I tried the real cabozantinib (on its own) and it shrank the tumors by 30% and up until last month my cancer had remand stable for nearly 2 years...my last CT Scan showed the largest liver tumor has started growing again...my options are, try a larger dose of cabozantinib (lots of even stronger side effects) then another TKI if the cancer has indeed adapted to the cabozantinib, which it always does at some point in time.

My only reason for sharing my story is just in case it presents you (or anyone else) another avenue of treatment to research etc...cabozantinib is considered a liver cancer treatment in its own right I believe. Although you live in the USA which is generally regarded as a leader in cancer research/treatment so I'm sure your team will have discussed it (stuff I mentioned might be called something else in the USA?).

Looks like you are already keeping your Humor, Hope and Will-2-survive in good shape, all the best with your situation BH (and all the other big-C folks out there).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sly_Old_Devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-bucket-list-?tu=Sly_Old_Devil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.