Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will pinball prices decline in the next 1-5 years?”

• Yes 101 votes
      42%
    • No 68 votes
      28%
    • Eh, pinball prices always increases 72 votes
      30%

(241 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

raiders+of+the+lost+ark+the+secret+spot (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-200903_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-201143_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-230237_Instagram (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1634879859033 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220321-102241_Instagram (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    4E605477-0548-4CDB-9781-F4C72A71A5BF (resized).png
    43584553-5F12-41A8-ADC9-CE11156BFBE1 (resized).png
    F7C064B0-7E02-44BB-91A0-53A57D92BFB8.gif
    AE5ACA4B-C178-40AC-8CF2-962B0E4F0B7A (resized).png
    D0B14339-E828-42D6-84A1-558A5810DD4B (resized).jpeg
    8713CD5F-2A9B-49B2-9AEB-29D6D45594C4 (resized).png
    58773597.jpg
    Levi.gif
    2641F7F3-77E3-41DA-A6B4-21050416EC3B (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

The $1 off per gallon hasn't made it's way here. Someone tell the gas station owners.

It always goes up faster than it goes down. It has gone down some, but it will probably take a few weeks for it to be fully seen.

#52 1 year ago

The only thing better than a bubble burst thread would be a Toy Story bubble burst thread.

Is Toy Story to the pinball bubble burst like the Netscape of the .com bubble burst and the AIG of the housing crash?

#53 1 year ago

If you are paying attention to the market, then it's clear things are cooling a bit. More games for sale, games sitting longer with fewer offers, and dealers able to hold some inventory. This was not the case 6 months ago.

The pinball market isn't going to crash per se, but the days of being able to buy a NIB Pro or Premium, play the crap out of it for 6 months, and sell it for a profit may be behind us. I would not be surprised if we are getting back to the old days of taking a 500 dollar hit on the resale of a used game that was purchased NIB. That used to be the standard before the last 2 years; we called it the New-In-Box tax.

#54 1 year ago

not seeing my METLE going back to the NIB price of $7200 that I paid any time soon

#55 1 year ago

Checking the pulse on TS4 LE sales might give some indication as the NIB prices are the highest we've seen for an LE. Are they selling?

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

not seeing my METLE going back to the NIB price of $7200 that I paid any time soon

Yeah, the super high end of the market--the rare and very limited games--is strong. But the mid and low end is where the market is cooling.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

I don’t know. On one hand, I look forward to an economic crash on the other hand, if it would crash it’s bad for most, including me so that’s dumb.
    But yeah, I don’t “do” scalper prices so I’m getting really tired that it’s so difficult to buy anything other than basics (groceries, clothes etc.) in this new economy for MSRP within reasonable time frames.
    For example, I just waited from November 2021 to May 2022 for my stone siding on my house (much more expensive than a pinball machine), I just ordered a new car, ETA sometimes summer 2023 and I ordered a GZ Premium in Feb. 2022 with ETA spring 2023.
    WTF? I can say that I never experienced this in my 50 years on this planet in a western society that it’s either MSRP++++ or wait like East Germany 1970 for a Trabant.
    It simply sucks nowadays. I know, first world problems.

I went on a Trabant tour when I visited Germany on a work trip a few years ago. For those of you who don't know... this video explains it and it is AWESOME!

Also note that the car below was manufactured from 1957 until 1991... in that exact body style.

#59 1 year ago

Why do some of you need to be such asshole gatekeepers on every single pricing thread? This is a discussion forum and these games are expensive and frankly it’s an interesting topic which is why it is brought up frequently. Half this website is grown men discussing what cake toppers to glue to their playfields. Stop acting like discussing pricing is such a waste of time. Drain the topic and move on. Oohhhh no… Levi will get triggered and copy and paste the same worthless sarcasm again. Oh darn. Who GAF.

Now let’s talk about how my wonka price compares to my corvette pricing.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

A new bubble thread from an 11 yr old member. Not sure what to think about that.

this means it will for sure burst

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

I got screwed, bought mine NIB from one of those damn flippers for $8600!

#62 1 year ago

How are those Halloween and Ultraman CE deposits treating you...

Also... I love pricing threads.

#63 1 year ago

Market has cooled substantially in the last few months. It’s possible to locate desirable NIB Premiums now and pay MSRP or less if you know what you’re doing. I located my GZ Prem and had it in-hand in 3 days, paying less than MSRP.

The key is 1) cash in hand (literally, CASH); and 2) make is super-easy on the distributor. You pickup at their location with an envelope full of cash. Call around; many distributors have in-bound stock.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Why do some of you need to be such asshole gatekeepers on every single pricing thread? This is a discussion forum and these games are expensive and frankly it’s an interesting topic which is why it is brought up frequently. Half this website is grown men discussing what cake toppers to glue to their playfields. Stop acting like discussing pricing is such a waste of time. Drain the topic and move on. Oohhhh no… Levi will get triggered and copy and paste the same worthless sarcasm again. Oh darn. Who GAF.
    Now let’s talk about how my wonka price compares to my corvette pricing.

Not too long ago there was a thread started that dared suggest secondary market NIB pricing might be cooling and everyone STILL lost their shit. I guess secondary market prices have always been higher than MSRP for still in-production games and always will be. If you try to suggest otherwise the mob will rise and circlejerk the lamest personal crusade I've ever seen.

#65 1 year ago

Pinside should ban all bubble burst threads during the months of May-Aug.

Prices go down in the summer EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR.

#66 1 year ago

Maybe the CE flippers bubble has burst

2641F7F3-77E3-41DA-A6B4-21050416EC3B (resized).png2641F7F3-77E3-41DA-A6B4-21050416EC3B (resized).png
    #67 1 year ago
    Levi.gifLevi.gif
    #68 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Games seem to sit on our local forum here. I don't think people have the disposable income anymore due to inflation.
    I don't think the bubble will burst, just deflate.

Ding ding!

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Market has cooled substantially in the last few months. It’s possible to locate desirable NIB Premiums now and pay MSRP or less if you know what you’re doing. I located my GZ Prem and had it in-hand in 3 days, paying less than MSRP.
    The key is 1) cash in hand (literally, CASH); and 2) make is super-easy on the distributor. You pickup at their location with an envelope full of cash. Call around; many distributors have in-bound stock.

At Pintastic I saw dozens of new pins for sale, first time I can recall such a sight. I swear there was 40 plus.

#70 1 year ago

So... I'll throw out a controversial comment here. I really don't care if the bubble bursts. I am really happy with the collection I have now. I can always trade pins, and if I get stuck with what I have... O no... I'm stuck with all these pins I love! Worst case scenerio I switch over to doing trades or temp trades because I can't let a pin go at a loss for whatever reason. I'm kind of in that situation now. I overpaid for a (very nice) Nine Ball and can't psychologically bring myself to sell it at a loss, so I'm going on an 8 hour round trip tomorrow to trade for a Fathom. Big boy brain time right here.

#71 1 year ago

I doubt Elwin games are going down anytime soon. If ya buy a turd like Ultraman, then yeah good luck with that.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... I'll throw out a controversial comment here.

Then only controversial part of your comments is where you trade your minty Nine Ball for a Fathom

Kidding of course, Fathom is a great game and you'll have a lot of fun with it. Nine Ball is just the all time GOAT in my eyes.

#73 1 year ago

How are those Halloween and Ultraman CE deposits treating you...
    Also... I love pricing threads.

Not particularly new with Spooky's horror and obscure theme games, but I think making CEs unlimited (a mistake IMO) is partially to blame for the value dump on them, though shipping and tax is where most of the hit is being taken on Halloween.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not particularly new with Spooky's horror and obscure theme games, but I think making CEs unlimited (a mistake IMO) is partially to blame for the value dump on them, though shipping and tax is where most of the hit is being taken.

Well... Rick and Morty was going for 13k a few months ago until people started playing this years spooky games. There are examples near me sitting at $10,000 unsold now.

#75 1 year ago

Well... Rick and Morty was going for 13k a few months ago until people started playing this years spooky games. There are examples near me sitting at $10,000 unsold now.

Still high on that game for what was $7k-$7500msrp before other costs, but R&M is neither horror, nor obscure IMO.

Halloween and UM also make for 1750 of that layout, which is 3.5x ACNC.

Normally I'd expect the Spooky games to regain value (RZ/ACNC have crept back up from the lows), but hard for me to see that happening on HLWN/UM anytime soon, if ever.

Like the early value rise on AMH leaving lots of flippers dumping RZ, R&M seemed to have some effect on people jumping on HLWN/UM blindly.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, the super high end of the market--the rare and very limited games--is strong. But the mid and low end is where the market is cooling.

This is the most correct thing I have heard all day. I sold a JP Premium 6 months ago for 12k with topper. That is crazy to pay for a premium, I paid 7k for it used about 8 months after it came out. Seems like the lower run LE, SLE or CE's are still holding up.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I got screwed, bought mine NIB from one of those damn flippers for $8600!

Higher than MSRP...you got screwed! I will take it for $8600 so you break even

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Stop acting like discussing pricing is such a waste of time....

It's not the discussion points, it's the fact people keep thinking they've come up with an amazing new idea.
    Like, just post in one of the other threads.

#79 1 year ago

I kept scrolling and scrolling......no Levi......I'm so bummed....

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not the discussion points, it's the fact people keep thinking they've come up with an amazing new idea.
    Like, just post in one of the other threads.

Who wants to post in a stale thread? Eeww

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from insight75:

…I’m so proud…

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Who wants to post in a stale thread? Eeww

Well they aren't stale is the issue, there's a new one every week

But if you would like to discuss the real winner in all this, I will because I'm pumped.
    Lower prices cool, check-cutters eating CE/LEs halarious... recruiting the ol team back together and price policing the fuck out of every thread like we used to is gonna be so great.

#83 1 year ago

Only bought my first game in December 1982. For the most part prices have climbed with a few dips here and there. They might be cheaper next year, but in 5 or 10 they will go up. Not worried about it. Pinballs are priceless. As playing and collecting have brought me enormous joy.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from insight75:

IBTL (in before the Levi)

#85 1 year ago
    58773597.jpg58773597.jpg
    #86 1 year ago

I think well head back to pre covid supply shortage type prices, but ones that are still inflated overall over the years.

Like people arent going to spend 12k on stern premiums thats can still be gotten nib if they just wait

#87 1 year ago

I mean take a look at this ad. You'd have never seen a nice HUO modded Deadpool Premium for this price last year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138331

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I mean take a look at this ad. You'd have never seen a nice HUO modded Deadpool Premium for this price last year.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138331

Deadpool just had a massive run where many more units were influxed into the pinball economy. That’s why they’re trending lower.

Considering 18 months ago a NIB DP Premium was running $7800, the guy is still making a profit.

I think it’s safe to say a HUO Pro or Premium will resell for give-or-take -10% of the CURRENT NiB MSRP. If a Premium goes up to $9,999 next year then expect those secondhand prices to raise to about 9k or so (of course, it also depends on the machine)

#89 1 year ago

Double post

#90 1 year ago

They is no going down the only thing that will go down is the percentage of growth and that already has

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Deadpool just had a massive run where many more units were influxed into the pinball economy. That’s why they’re trending lower.
    Considering 18 months ago a NIB DP Premium was running $7800, the guy is still making a profit.
    I think it’s safe to say a HUO Pro or Premium will resell for give-or-take -10% of the CURRENT NiB MSRP. If a Premium goes up to $9,999 next year then expect those secondhand prices to raise to about 9k or so (of course, it also depends on the machine)

Right. Stern is running titles and people can get their hands on them, at least for a little while. This is a change.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

They is no going down the only thing that will go down is the percentage of growth and that already has

Yea, it's like the government calling a reduction in YOY budget growth a 'Budget Cut'.

#93 1 year ago

Quite a few machines have been popping up on Kijiji Ontario and just sitting there. I’m sure the people (like me) that finally bought one for home are now selling for the long overdue vacations and debt reduction.

#94 1 year ago

Buy the one on Kijiji. After exchange you will be right at that price point!

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Higher than MSRP...you got screwed! I will take it for $8600 so you break even

8713CD5F-2A9B-49B2-9AEB-29D6D45594C4 (resized).png8713CD5F-2A9B-49B2-9AEB-29D6D45594C4 (resized).png
    #95 1 year ago

I’ll be buying “A” list machines for pennies on the dollar!!!

D0B14339-E828-42D6-84A1-558A5810DD4B (resized).jpegD0B14339-E828-42D6-84A1-558A5810DD4B (resized).jpeg
    #96 1 year ago

One of the poll choices is "Eh, pinball prices always increases" so......

#97 1 year ago

Every time I see toadies calling for Crazy Levi I think of this! Lol

AE5ACA4B-C178-40AC-8CF2-962B0E4F0B7A (resized).pngAE5ACA4B-C178-40AC-8CF2-962B0E4F0B7A (resized).png
    #98 1 year ago

These threads come up all the time.

IMO, pin prices follow housing market. Up and down.
    But, if you borrowed a bunch of $$ to buy a basement full of pins you can’t afford. And you have been flipping these way too easy for profit, possibly this might change. That’s just stupidity that people pay more for used games than new games. This has been going on for 10 plus years now

If you are a real collector you love your collection and don’t look at it like a bank account, really don’t care if a title goes down 25 percent.

#99 1 year ago

I have a bad feeling that soon people, including myself will be wishing you could eat that expensive pinball collection....I really hope not.

#100 1 year ago

Are prices high? Hadn’t noticed, but of course, new pins are outrageously priced. It is the used ones that I tend to follow and specifically top 100 games. Give me a fairly, priced used pin and I will buy it. They still pop up and collectives may be the “only deals” left.

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-bubble-burst-imminent-your-thoughts/page/2?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.