New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 78878)

Pinball Browser - Metallica Song Adds

By gambit3113

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I did put Ride the Lightning in for Creeping Death (for a friend)...so Ride the Lightning plays while electric chair multi-ball is playing.

I honestly don't see how you would add one song without removing another.

It is nice and saves time that the small snippets of the songs are taken from the locations that have the entire songs located, but it also makes it less flexible.

I believe I have tried to change a small snippet also and even that that injects that change into the entire song locations.

One thing I really don't understand is why there are 2 locations for each entire length song. It seems that they both behave the same way and replacing one automatically changes the other. They are different locations and also different requests. My first guess was that one was for the game and the other for the jukebox, but since they are tied together (if one is replaced they both get replaced) it seems weird that they even have it in 2 different locations.

Good luck...but I don't see how it could be done.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

So if you want them both you could replace a different song with Creeping Death and replace Creeping Death with Ride the Lightning.

That is exactly what my friend is wanting me to do when he believes the code is finalized. He likes Creeping Death, but there is no arguing that Ride the Lightning is a better choice for Electric Chair Multiball than Creeping Death. I mean they say "Ride the Lightning" as the multiball start on some occasions.

I haven't looked into what other songs might be suitable (length wise) for Creeping Death to replace. I will tell you though...it's pretty amazing that Ride the Lightning fits in the Creeping Death spot perfectly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside