Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Wanted to start a new thread for those that plan to make changes to the James Bond code as it develops over time. I think there will be lots of opportunity to add some additional music (various theme songs) and video footage that may not be part of the licensing agreement with Stern. Some may want to create code for a specific movie or maybe some of the later Bond actors (Moore only code, etc.).

Seems right now the music is limited to the main theme song. Looking at the code, there seem to be a few different Sound Request numbers that are in excess of 1 minute 30 seconds. Most are currently basically the same main Bond theme song. Hopefully, they add some additional music for the different modes.

What would others like to see in the code? Any additional video footage that would would like to see included?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 1 year ago

Tom Jones Thunderball

#3 1 year ago

Possibly Chris Cornell s You Know my name and sir Pauls Live and let die

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Possibly Chris Cornell s You Know my name and sir Pauls Live and let die

I definitely like to add the original Live and Let Die, even though it is not a Connery film.

#5 1 year ago

Gooooooldfinger

#6 1 year ago

Why can't you just plug in a USB stick and play media from the stick? Stern could easily add a few simple lines of code at the start of the game:

"< Play Game Music - Play Music from USB > " (select with flippers)

This would save a whole lot of hassle and could be used in any game.

I could demonstrate, but I don't think I need to.

#7 1 year ago

First thing I'm doing on the next code release, if it's still there, is getting rid of that annoying speech from the woman with Q at the slot machines. Holy shit that is the worst!

She has more dialogue in the game than James Fucking Bond.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Why can't you just plug in a USB stick and play media from the stick? Stern could easily add a few simple lines of code at the start of the game:
"< Play Game Music - Play Music from USB > " (select with flippers)
This would save a whole lot of hassle and could be used in any game.
I could demonstrate, but I don't think I need to.

Stern has gotten into issues with the past just because a licensor saw a modded game playing the wrong music/clips at a show, this would be a legal nightmare

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Wanted to start a new thread for those that plan to make changes to the James Bond code as it develops over time. I think there will be lots of opportunity to add some additional music (various theme songs) and video footage that may not be part of the licensing agreement with Stern. Some may want to create code for a specific movie or maybe some of the later Bond actors (Moore only code, etc.).
Seems right now the music is limited to the main theme song. Looking at the code, there seem to be a few different Sound Request numbers that are in excess of 1 minute 30 seconds. Most are currently basically the same main Bond theme song. Hopefully, they add some additional music for the different modes.
What would others like to see in the code? Any additional video footage that would would like to see included? [quoted image]

You find a way to get Goldfinger, Thunderball, YOLT and Diamonds theme songs in there and this will rival the Guardians code that was done.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You find a way to get Goldfinger, Thunderball, YOLT and Diamonds theme songs in there and this will rival the Guardians code that was done.

That is easy, just need the code to be near final. Assuming PB can keep up with the code updates.

Some classic Connery footage to choose from:

#11 1 year ago

I've been watching the Connery Bond films in order because I never saw them. Today I started watching Goldfinger. Wow! That title saw is awful and hope it's not included in the future.

GAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD FINNNNNNNNNNNGER!!!!!!!!!

Grates on my ears

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Interested in all of the above

#13 1 year ago

Don’t know much on PB
But if the game can play each of the 5 films intro in and theme tune in random order on attract or when start button is pressed

There is soooo much potential in this game for clips, modes..could be another BM66

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:Don’t know much on PB
But if the game can play each of the 5 films intro in and theme tune in random order on attract or when start button is pressed
There is soooo much potential in this game for clips, modes..could be another BM66

I think Stern has the clips to deliver as George just last week said they have them all, just everything needs to get approved again
once they decide where to place in game.

Million dollar question is the music, been very vague other than George saying it’s very possible we will see more added.

#15 1 year ago

I think the Carly Simon’s tittle from The Spy Who Loved Me would be a great song for end game / high score. Maybe more appropriate on the 60th.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I think the Carly Simon’s tittle from The Spy Who Loved Me would be a great song for end game / high score. Maybe more appropriate on the 60th.

Ala Secret Service

“Baby-baby”

#17 1 year ago

Latest Bond is giving the Unknown Firmware error in PB.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Indeed. Added it to my Bond 50th Anniversary Edition a decade ago. An obvious choice.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Latest Bond is giving the Unknown Firmware error in PB.

PB will catch up at some point. I wouldn't bother updating the Bond code until we get to v1.0 at least.

Anyone been able to figure out how many actual songs there are in the code? Thanks.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

PB will catch up at some point. I wouldn't bother updating the Bond code until we get to v1.0 at least.
Anyone been able to figure out how many actual songs there are in the code? Thanks.

Yeah, I know it will catch up. But I don’t think I can wait to get rid of that lady talking to Q for 10 fucking minutes straight.

#21 1 year ago

Today Pinball Browser was updated to allow customization of James Bond. Thank god. Anyone is welcome to use this clip I made to relieve themselves of this shit scene.

Here's my quick (took me 30 min) Quentin Tarantino director's cut of that lame-assed scene of the lady with Q at the slots. She *HAD* more dialogue than James Bond did in the entire game. Not any more!

Now with this quick cut/copy/paste of the original scene, I establish Q and his Ring are killing it at the slots. That setup now allows the punchline of, "I'm being somewhat successful, thank you.", to deliver a laugh.

Hopefully Stern cuts this and gives us a great Q Branch scene instead of her.

Video here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8n1AcnNz56s4eazs5

2 weeks later
#22 1 year ago

Ok, so I replaced all of the sound request numbers that exceeded one minute with LZ songs so I could try to figure out which request number is playing during certain parts of the game. This is what I figured out so far, not much but maybe some of the songs have not been added to the code, or they are now somehow split into multi-requests, so it will be harder to change them:

Request # 57 - this sound plays at the start of each ball and seems to be the main song during game play. Plays for all three balls.
Request #52 - this is the song that plays at the end of the game, after the last ball and the match, etc.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, so I replaced all of the sound request numbers that exceeded one minute with LZ songs so I could try to figure out which request number is playing during certain parts of the game. This is what I figured out so far, not much but maybe some of the songs have not been added to the code, or they are now somehow split into multi-requests, so it will be harder to change them:
Request # 57 - this sound plays at the start of each ball and seems to be the main song during game play. Plays for all three balls.
Request #52 - this is the song that plays at the end of the game, after the last ball and the match, etc.

I’ll have to find my notes but I already figured out all the locations for the songs and made changes to my own game. The longer tracks are multi request tracks and different sections will play at different points in the game.

Easy enough around that, I just made edits so I could decide what played as the main track, game over and shooter Lane music, etc.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I’ll have to find my notes but I already figured out all the locations for the songs and made changes to my own game. The longer tracks are multi request tracks and different sections will play at different points in the game.
Easy enough around that, I just made edits so I could decide what played as the main track, game over and shooter Lane music, etc.

That be very helpful, if you are willing to share. Usually PB will change the other request numbers if they use the same song in the code. I guess Stern has decided to try and break out the songs into segments, to make it harder to change the music. Do you have to make individual sound files for each song segment with Audacity, etc? Have you figured out how many different songs are used in the code? Would love to try some other songs in the game, to see how they sound during game play.

Here the larger sound request numbers that seem to exceed one minute in length:

Request 52/53 1:46:000 (Song that plays at end of game during credits)
Request 54 1:40:853
Request 55 4:05:096
Request 56 5:00:721
Request 57 1:37:416 (main song during game play)
Request 58 3:11:346
Request 59 4:06:971
Request 65 3:03:498
Request 76 8:00:999
Request 77/81 1:36:000 (length seems to be very common in code)
Request 97 1:31:801

#25 1 year ago

The 5:00 minute clip is the key. That's like everything except the music for modes. Knowing that, I was able to make my own 5 minute "song" to replace it.

Here's what references that 5:00 track: (the numbers are the song length, that's how I note stuff)...my notes are a bit messy and now I'm a few weeks removed from doing these changes.

4:06 - Starts at the 3:15 mark of the 5:00 track
4:05 - Plays from the beginning of the 5:00 track
3:11 - I think my notes say this plays from the beginning of the 5:00 track.
1:50 - Main Bond theme to :46 seconds
1:46 - Plays the last 1:46 of the 5:00 track for Game Over music
1:40 - This is the main game theme that plays when not in a mode. Bond theme until 46 seconds then I have my own edit of the Live & Let Die Action Suite play. Really makes main gameplay pleasing to the ears. I could only take enough of the damn twanging Bond guitar theme in my head.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The 5:00 minute clip is the key. That's like everything except the music for modes. Knowing that, I was able to make my own 5 minute "song" to replace it.
Here's what references that 5:00 track: (the numbers are the song length, that's how I note stuff)...my notes are a bit messy and now I'm a few weeks removed from doing these changes.
4:06 - Starts at the 3:15 mark of the 5:00 track
4:05 - Plays from the beginning of the 5:00 track
3:11 - I think my notes say this plays from the beginning of the 5:00 track.
1:50 - Main Bond theme to :46 seconds
1:46 - Plays the last 1:46 of the 5:00 track for Game Over music
1:40 - This is the main game theme that plays when not in a mode. Bond theme until 46 seconds then I have my own edit of the Live & Let Die Action Suite play. Really makes main gameplay pleasing to the ears. I could only take enough of the damn twanging Bond guitar theme in my head.

Thanks for the write up. Do you know what version of the code this was from? I use 0.87 and am getting completely different results. Request 57 seems to be the main game track which is 1:37, and I don’t hear the 5:00 track Request 56 coming up at all during game play. Game over was request 52 and same 1:46 but had no linkage to the 5;00 track. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#27 1 year ago

FYI, we'll need Pinball Browser to add support for .88 code.

6 months later
#28 6 months ago

I added 6 - 3 second bond girl videos in 0.97. If anyone wants them shoot me an IM.

Is there a trick to adding videos outside of pinball browser? I imported them into SD card #1 through PB and then I copied the updated *.asset files in linux to a 2nd SD card and everything worked fine, but when I restarted I started seeing a SD validation warning in the tech alerts. I'm not sure if it is just checking the file timestamps or doing some checksum.

1 week later
#29 5 months ago

Got a video of this addition? I'd love to see how you implemented them.

Quoted from KSP1138:

I added 6 - 3 second bond girl videos in 0.97. If anyone wants them shoot me an IM.
Is there a trick to adding videos outside of pinball browser? I imported them into SD card #1 through PB and then I copied the updated *.asset files in linux to a 2nd SD card and everything worked fine, but when I restarted I started seeing a SD validation warning in the tech alerts. I'm not sure if it is just checking the file timestamps or doing some checksum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-browser-james-bond-discussion-thread- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.