IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm going to try to work on a strobe mod. After seeing MK6PIN's it's a crime this game doesn't come with them. That link was more of a joke but in reality that would be pretty plug and play. All the strobes hook to the base system, and you just trigger it via power. However I think it would need it's own power supply, and a way to trigger when you want it on in the game. Also, this could be way too bright.
So in reality, I'm looking at low watt 1watt 5v strobes, but I'm not really clear on how bright is bright and how much wattage affects it. Without knowing enough about the new game, but assuming many things will be similar the question becomes how can you get the desired effect without taxing the system (as with all mods). Of course, integration also becomes a problem which we won't know until they are released.
I'm sure someone here with more electrical knowledge will have better ideas.
I actually wish they'd just add them to them at a cost.

Great idea, as when beacon is activated, strobes go on. Hook up behind and under machine. Between strobes and yellow beacons, would be a wow moment.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Here we are showing that our Digital Printed Playfields have Balls.
In this video we show that it is possible to digital print playfields without pooling, cracking and chipping. We were ask to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields. In this video we tried extremly to achive pooling, chipping and cracking. The only thing we could destroy is our solid work bench.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Impressive!

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Many thanks to Buthamburg for their videos and insight in to the playfields I think we can all agree that theirs is way ahead of anything the other manufacturers are putting out right now.
But where is our update from Pinball Brothers? We need some pics from you of assembled machines in the factory or in boxes ready to ship. Come on guys the waiting is torture I know first world issues lol

I dunno man. They’re still building pf’s, so I’m thinking assembled games are a ways away.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

But if you look at their first video they were doing the play fields in the beginning of November so you would think Pinball Brothers has had plenty of time to put at least some games together since then, wouldn't you?

Not sure when they locked in their Italian assembly setup. Anyone know?

1 month later
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

There are some snarky, impatient, supposed pinheads we have here. If you got the machine on time and it had quirks, SNARK, if the software wasn't finished, SNARK, show us game play; WHINE. Either you want the game or you don't. Put on your big boy or girl pants and suck up the wait. You want an amazing machine, then wait for an amazing machine. It's not like there aren't any in the wild already... just not this version of a machine that current owners have been raving about that came with problems they had to basically address themselves. These guys are hardly a "new company." As far as a "time line," what would you do if they said 6 more months...pass on the game or do some more complaining? They have been communicating, I guess just not saying what you want to hear.

Lots of folks, myself included, have lost time and money on startup pinball companies. I understand where the SNARK is coming from and fully empathize. Overpromise, under deliver. Everyone’s your pal when ordering, then crickets on updates AFTER missed timelines. Human nature is to suspect then react.

I’m in on an LV. Bet my ass I’ll be watching what PB do, and will react accordingly. First timeline missed. Got it. Instead of watching vids of unboxings I’m reading posts of disappointment.

This is why I’ll never by a RAZA. Companies a joke from a startup standpoint. Folks there may never see anything. Ever. PB may follow the same playbook? Hoping not, which is why I’m in.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can’t ship in winter because of weather and snow , can’t ship in summer because too many mosquitos

Ok, that was funny.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

do the fanboys in this thread even know who Andrew is? honestly, I doubt half of them do

He’s fucking irrelevant, thank god. But as the weeks move on just a different name.

Or unless these are delivering via hydrofoil.

3 weeks later
#509 3 years ago

Oh boy! And it begins...

Nice.

1 month later
#643 2 years ago

Keep us posted you lucky ducks!

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys how are you all doing? I updated the Xenomorph a bit and filmed the results.
Im sorry im not that much in this great forum, i see now, i have a bunch of mails unanswered, my bad sorry! im on youtube, and easy to get in contact with there, if you want me to film something specific or a question about the Alien, will help all i can
Pinball Brothers Alien Pinball Xenomorph adjustment update, video nr 3

DAMN! That pf is like a sheet of polished glass! Gameplay looks awesome!

4 months later
#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

One thing I would recommend is to check the post directly in front of the upper right flipper. I noticed it moved a little after about a week of play so I added some loc-tite and reinstalled it. About a month or so later, I noticed it was coming loose again. There is a t-nut in the bottom of the playfield and it is located under the flipper plate mech. After digging further into it, it appears there is only a few threads that make contact with the t-nut. I grabbed a Bally Williams post, another washer, and a low profile locknut and replaced the stock PB post and t-nut. As you can see from the pic, this could get pretty bad if it is loose as the post takes a lot of direct hits. The wear from the old washer is covered by the new washer I installed but thought I would share this so others could check and adjust as need. The post I used was roughly about a 1/4 of an inch longer (the threads) but not so long as to contact the flipper plate.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now THIS is what a non pooling pf looks like. Should use this pic as a reminder in POTC thread…

#2425 2 years ago

Exciting title, and I was in on an OG Alien, but luckily found what Andrew was doing and pulled my deposit. Currently on LV list but these issues seem very systemic and there are quite a few.

I’m going to adopt a wait and see approach and I appreciate you guys doing the field tests. Home tests? Owner tests? I dunno. The testing.

#2521 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'm looking forward to receiving the LE (yes I'm calling it the LE) of this great game

Anyone heard anything on the LV’s?

1 week later
#2717 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So anyone see the Godzilla release video yesterday? For those that already have and know Alien, any opinions on if GZ will be in the same league?

We will see what’s in the LV version and if Pb has learned the value of loctite and lock washers.

GZ looks like a cartoonish over busy mish mash. I prefer adult oriented themes not Saturday morning cartoons.

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Marketing must be very interesting in Europe.....

Free mustache rides with every purchase. Cuz….European.

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

WTF? the value stays or increases? Not a guarantee

In this market decreases in value are rare. That being said...

Market is subject to change. Personally I don't see any prices going down. Demand is high all around and NIB is the gotta-have for some.

I am passing on this title myself as I am committed to HWNCE and CCr. Only so much room. I was in on the OG Alien and luckily Andy refunded my deposit after I publicly shamed him. I am done with this title for now but may pick up one used later.

7 months later
#7426 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Sorry for my outburst before. Just the frustration spilling over. I’m sure it will get fixed. I’ve opened a ticket and have been told to do a machine rebuild.

A machine rebuild? Wtf?

7 months later
#11979 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Seriously guys. You guys rock as cool thread. Meaning you're all polite and willing to answer everyone's question no matter how silly it is. Thanks.
You should see the Cactus Canyon thread. It's bad.
One last question. Is the standard version good enough or is the LE that much better?

If JFH can settle down the CCr thread may organically calm. He’s gone full throttle on his FAQ page and won’t let it go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 160.00
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.