b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redferne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Had my Alien in a tournament today on the beta code. Held up great until the very last game, when I stacked Sentry Guns and Ambush multiball, and a ball just sat in the left scoop, never kicking out. Manually ejected it and it wouldn't end the ball or anything after that

Got the same behavior on 2.2D tonight. Stuck in MUTHER. Needed powercycle. Did you eject using service mode?

2 weeks later
#2561 2 years ago

Can somebody check their playfield? Am I missing cables? Or are these connectors for future use? Saw this when I was inspecting the small "sticking" targets.

led_cables (resized).pngled_cables (resized).png
#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

I think those are for RGB LED for the stand up weapon targets that might be included with the LE version but are not used on the standard model.

Yes. Thanks! Got it confirmed. The board is prepared & capable for those extra lights. Nice touch by designer

#2689 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

My temporary solution was to move the nut further down the screw to the bottom of the bracket[quoted image]

Funny. I did the exact same thing 24 hours ago.

3 weeks later
#3389 2 years ago

I just wanted to share a PSU mod I did a while back. My pin is @ home and I'm very noise sensitive. When the PSU fan kicks in it felt that the pin was taking off . So I ordered a couple of Noctua fans. I've attached an image of my modded PSU case. I've replaced both fans and connected them both in parallel in a soldered Y-joint. Also I added four rubber feet so that the metal case is mechanically isolated from the pin base. The part numbers are:

80mm https://noctua.at/en/nf-r8-redux-1800
40mm https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x20-flx

Fans are now barely audible when they kick in. Too bad the MeanWell PSU is not regulating the fan speed. It is simply on/off.

PSU_FAN_Upgrade (resized).pngPSU_FAN_Upgrade (resized).png
#3443 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It sounds like the game has a few minor issues. That’s ok because I know how to work on them. Question: I’m on the cusp of buying one. How is game play? I love the sounds and movie clips. I was able to play a couple games at Pinagogo, but not enough to get a good feel. Should I purchase? Please help.

Yes. The game is simply amazing. If you're into the theme, the pin will give you shills ❤️

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I had the same problem so I 3D printed this thing to help keep the ball from bouncing back into the trough. Original is on the right
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Care to share the .stl?

1 week later
#3715 2 years ago

Got the new targets installed tonight and played a few hours. This game is absolutely mesmerizing. The atmosphere is spot on. I only wish my hands could take more hours playing Man they hurt.

#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

When did you originally receive your SV machine?
I am very happy you're enjoying it and love the theme. I can't wait for mine.

I picked it up Aug 27. It still has that fresh pin smell, I love it

#3752 2 years ago

I'm not sure this has been discussed before, in that case I'm sorry I've been installing the new targets over the last few days. And now when I replaced the small target @ Hadleys Hope it sticks out into the right loop, so when the ball completes a full loop left to right it hits the corner of the small target and bounces all over the place. I've been scratching my head on how to solve this. It actually appears that the mounting holes are bit wonky causing the target to stick out much further than needed or in angle down towards the playfield. I would like to move the target a few mm, but I'm afraid of drilling new holes in the playfield. Please advice. Thanks!

hadleys_hope_issue (resized).pnghadleys_hope_issue (resized).pnghadleys_target (resized).pnghadleys_target (resized).png
#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like the mount tab is just a bit under bent. Should be able to just put in a vice or use pliers to slightly bend it more 90 degrees and that would fix your issue.

Exactly what I thought and did. Bent it so its much closer to 90 degrees. However then the holes did not match up any more So now I'm printing a fixture so that I can hold the target in it's perfect spot while I carefully drill new holes. Please wish me luck

1 week later
#3890 2 years ago

I remixed agima2000's excellent HyperSleep Chamber Mod for HWs Alien. It now fits Pinball Brothers Alien in two parts.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5128702

Enjoy!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Error on Thingiverse
[quoted image]

Thingiverse in a nutshell. Link works here. Give it a few...

#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Thingiverse files?

Yeah. I was hoping to prime the printer before hitting the sack. Mageek give us the goods

#3941 2 years ago

I'm posting this since I'm currently out of ideas. I have this wonky airlock eject behaviour which cannot quite grasp. I've sanded down the plunger so it's nice and smooth. The airlock mechanism is fitted nice and tight, also made sure the coil sits snugly and does not wiggle around. I have played for a week without any issues but now suddenly the airlock likes to randomly eject directly onto the left sling and then all bets are off. I'm expecting to be able to catch the ball on the left flipper everytime, but maybe I'm wrong
See the video for reference.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

#3986 2 years ago

Is there anyway to avoid doing factory reset when upgrading? I have a lot of fine-tunings I'd like to keep. I wish there was a save/restore settings menu

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You don't HAVE to do a factory reset, however, if you are talking about fine tuning coil power, that is why they want you to reset it. Those numbers change with the new version and will no longer be optimal in many cases. I had this discussion with Cato on 2.3.
I didn't do a reset on 2.3 and had to change settings because of the new coil settings. In 2.4 I did a factory reset and so far have not needed to change any coil settings. Remains to be seen if any tweeking needs done.
The most painful for me was losing the high scores.

Went against the flow and skipped the factory reset and upgraded to 2.4 the old fashion way. Three plays later and I had broken the GM and set a new personal best An hour in and haven't seen any issues what-so-ever. I think we have a winner

1 week later
#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version[quoted image]

Gorgeous! Care to share the .stl?

#4115 2 years ago

My turn to experience the Thingiverse 404

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

My turn to experience the Thingiverse 404
Sure here you go ....
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5146378

Mageek Can you check the link? Did you publish the thingy?

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The link works for me at the moment but the site is a little flaky for sure
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5146378

Got it now. You're a magician

1 week later
#4328 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Has anyone figured out how to wire in beacons as a topper? The gentlemen doing the apron/beacon combo is not offering to sell just the beacons alone. For budget reasons, I’d like to just get some interactive beacons. Thanks!

I'm in the boat. Have the beacons and the will. Not sure where to start probing, hoping someone already done the grunt work

4 weeks later
#4951 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Did this to my apron
[quoted image]

Oh! ❤️ Beautiful. Need to order a laser engraver now. Care to share the svg/stl/gcode?

1 month later
#5515 2 years ago

Played All Out War tonight

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5518 2 years ago

Beacons beacons BEACONS! Here's a PoC I put together tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redferne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=redferne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.