pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prentice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7611 1 year ago

I presume it has been discussed, can someone sticky and/or share a post capturing the key differences between SV and LV? Reading the official site leaves me still uncertain whether that extra $ is worth it. Had fun playing the SV at GSPF this weekend. Thanks!

2 months later
#9265 1 year ago

Looks like the LV model has now been in stock for 1-2 weeks. Seems like the market overall has been slowing down, or perhaps folks have been skittish about what they are seeing in this forum. I partly expected the current shipment to go out of stock quickly. Will be receiving mine later this week; greatly looking forward to it, even if it requires a bit of tweaking. Will be keeping an eye out for a 'key things to check/adjust' list if anyone has been summarizing those in one spot.

#9281 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't understand where you're seeing this. I'm still waiting on mine and Cointakers site says 12/22 delivery. Where are they instock?

I don’t see the 12/22 delivery date, looked like it was purchasable now. I just paid my full invoice.

Which lucky person will get LV#426??

#9284 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

My guess is that Cointaker got tired of people putting down deposits then ghosting when the final invoice is sent. Maybe they took away the option of just ordering one with deposit only. People probably have their Alien funds wrapped up in other machines and need time to sell one to come up with the full payment. I paid for mine in full almost a month ago and still haven’t received any shipping notification.
Maybe your machine is waiting to be shipped as we speak, don’t get your hopes up though.

Did you pay an initial $1k deposit and then later get the full invoice?

1 week later
#9632 1 year ago

It’s not a scam, it’s just poor communication. A friend said he paid a month ago and just got shipping info. I paid two weeks ago, no comms.

Quoted from EDUB919:

I was hoping those were isolated incidents or exaggerations of poor customer service. I’ve been told “your machine will ship next week” for four consecutive weeks with a different random excuse each time. Starting to get concerned about them scamming me. Surprised that there hasn’t been more mention of this with there only being one distributor in the US.

1 week later
#9731 1 year ago

Got the same message on 8/29. Port/customs clearing must just be backed up; just a matter of time now.

2 weeks later
#10170 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

FWIW, i designed it the way I did to keep true to the original movie prop.
[quoted image]

Where might folks find your design? A store, or an .stl link or something? Thanks!

#10181 1 year ago

Just unboxed LV#143 and things are mostly working well. Observations:

- Take care getting backbox up; the cables press right up to the edges of the holes, and need to be manually pushed inward to avoid the connectors from getting pinched in there.
- All the stickers on apron were peeling; fortunately there's a full replacement set in the bag.
- Many of those Target LED connectors under playfield were disconnected on mine; seems like that was intentional based on others seeing same thing? Plugging them in didn't seem to change anything.. Weird that some targets
- Came with 2.7 loaded; wondering what to update to. (Also: weird that their website doesn't seem to have any clear links to FW updates?)
- The left flipper is too high and right flipper is slightly low; should be easy to adjust once I find a video to show me how
- The left flipper switch is way too far away or something to activate consistently; many misses on that, again should hopefully be a simple adjust, but I haven't done before
- There was a multiple gunk bits on the back of the backglass/plastic; have been trying to get off but still some residue
- Taking off backglass was very tight; couldn't figure it out at first; I also don't like that it is plastic; it is flexing a bit.
- Small artwork paint flecked away on the playfield near the right sling; seems under the clearcoat; it is smooth there
- Xeno grabber has been working fine except for several times when the first magnet didn't grab the ball. (Should I be looking to adjust the targets to redirect the ball towards the magnet better?)
- Sound EQ feels a little too bass-y or a bit muddy or something; I wish I could make some adjustments, but it is still good
- When sliding PF glass back in, I need to push down on the plastic piece in the final few inches; seems like their friction to keep it held in place
- Lockdown bar latches get wedged under playfield if they are opened up fully while pf is lifted, which then leads to forcing them through a tight spot to make them latch again (if pf/glass is back in place)

Overall very good experience so far; slight tweaks ahead!

IMG_0986 (resized).jpgIMG_0986 (resized).jpg
#10185 1 year ago

The setup video showed a potential missing connector between Target 5 LED on board 4 to board 3. Mine also doesn’t have that. Is this intentional?

75FAFCE5-4562-4D86-B05D-1DFA0075B188 (resized).jpeg75FAFCE5-4562-4D86-B05D-1DFA0075B188 (resized).jpeg
#10186 1 year ago

One more question: EDIT: FIXED

I just loosened the hex nut to adjust the flipper angle (successfully), but now realize that even after tightening, the whole flipper bat has several mm of vertical travel when I lift it away from pf. This isn't just the vertical post I've screwed onto with the nut, but rather the whole mechanism coming out of the bushing, including the arm. The other 3 flippers have very little travel here.

Is there some way to tighten something so it doesn't move so much vertically through the bushing? When I manually rotate this left flipper it feels a bit rougher than the other 3, which seems related. (I initially thought it was dragging on pf, hence my vertical/gap checking, but there is a gap there.)

EDIT: FIXED, When I locked the nut I pulled the flipper a little too high, which gives it too much vertical latitude. I put a credit card for a gap, then tighten led up while pushing the underside mechanism just a bit to make it even with the armature. Much better.

#10200 1 year ago

Anyone else very disappointed by the low-quality paint job of the teeth? Fortunately, it seems like it should be relatively easy to paint myself.

- Going to paint that spill-over-silver-onto-lips black, and then re-gloss, if even needed.
- Paint between-the-teeth black, or perhaps a heavy ink wash might work.
- Debating switching teeth from silver to bone white; could also use the ink/wash to darken a bit. (this would be the controversial item -- any thoughts?)

Speaking of my disappointments, I was seriously underwhelmed by the "limited apron" It's really just the dogtag?

22074 (resized).jpg22074 (resized).jpg
#10207 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Have you seen the Godzilla figure in Godzilla?
The longer I own this pin the more I come to appreciate it. Yes it has some serious dialing in, but the ball guides that light up, the theme integration, the sound, the shot combinations, the modes. It takes a while to click, but I’m loving it. Good luck with your Xeno facelift!!

Totally agree, and I didn't even have much to dial in. I needed to close up the left flipper switch gap a bit, as well as the bumper leafs. Needed to adjust the angle of the flippers a bit too. But that's about it!

I'm loving it, feels wonderfully different from JJP/Stern, and makes such an AMAZING use of movie assets. I'm still dialing in the audio a bit, as it feels like bass on L/R overpowers the higher-frequencies / speaking (I tested this by entirely disconnecting the cab speaker). I'm now considering moving my Fosi 2.1 amp over from Deadpool to experiment a bit with my own tweaking.

#10250 1 year ago

Any good tips for setting up the hypersleep lock shot? I’m currently shooting for Vent 1, then passing up to the eggs flipper, then shooting for the upper ramp (and missing 75% of the time, after all that…)

Alternately I’ll sometimes see that I can hit an orbit and sometimes it will funnel the shot to the bumpers, and then half the time it rolls to the flipper. Not sure when it locks it up into bumpers instead of looping, and even then the roll-out is unreliable there too.

1 week later
#10496 1 year ago

Report on 3.0 update:
- Installed directly from 2.7. After I installed it from the menu, it gave me a Fail message. However, upon restarting machine it did show 3.0. Seems to be fine.
- Target lights seem working as intended

I’ve had some weirdness with my left flipper. I needed to initially adjust leaf switch, which helped, but still a little sluggish or unresponsive. Still may be a mechanical fix.

Recommended for anyone taking translite off: consider putting a little electrical tape or something on the backside, upper corners, to prevent paint from rubbing off. Mine is extremely tight to remove.

#10592 1 year ago

On 3.0, I’ve had one boot to the black screen so far. Seems to be less common at least?

I’m still continuing to have occasional sluggish left flipper. I keep feeling it is mechanical but I keep adjusting it and can’t quite fix it.

Last, hypersleep ball lock cannot detect my ball up there until I nudge it to the middle of the channel lock (it lays to the left until then). Then it detects it. Anyone else? Should be a simple fix but not quite sure what to do.

#10618 1 year ago

Nice work, it’d be cool to see a short video to see the depth effect a bit too!
Btw, were you the one selling your translite a day or two ago? Hoping you were able to make it work, even though I was going to reach out.

1 week later
#10686 1 year ago

Definitely requires some wiggling. Do be cautious though, and consider putting protective tape or Mylar on the backside where it rubs against the backbox, it is very very easy to rub some paint off the backside at the top corners.

#10772 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Very intrigued by this game. I got to play the LV and really liked it. At this point, it seems like the majority of people are having issues with the game. Is that a fair statement?

I’ve had only a couple, minor issues, honestly fewer than what I’d been expecting based on the forum. It’s hard to get a picture of how many have no issues. I adjusted a flipper and that’s largely it. My hypersleep lock tilts slightly left, making the sensor miss it without a little bump to the right, but I suspect I just need to tighten a screw or maybe just relevel.

I've also just added my rating for the LV -- 6 more to go!

1 week later
#10930 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I got the LV a few weeks ago, everything seems okay so far (couple of small glitches, nothing major) but I can't hit the top right-hand FLIPPER shot into the REVIVE MULTIBALL LOCK to save my life! Even when the magnet holds up the ball, it's virtually impossible it seems, mostly because even when I hit the ball flush...it barely makes it up the ramp.
My question to y'all is: is there a way to STRENGTHEN that flipper so that it hits that shot more readily or is it just a very very hard shot to make? (which would suck because it also seems to hold the SUPER JACKPOT shot as well)

I can’t hit that dang shot either, and it is hard enough to get it set up in the first place. But in my case it isn’t even getting into the ramp in the first place, I just always seem to be off; the sweet spot seems very small. I wonder if an adjustment would help, but I’m not sure what I would do even.

#10984 1 year ago

bgwilly31 . My hypersleep lock tilts the ball just slightly left, and I have to nudge it to center for the sensor to see it. Still haven’t tried to fix yet

#11074 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Anyone here get the hypersleep chamber mod from mezel? If so, did anyone have difficulties getting to it fit correctly? I normally have no issues, but this one doesn't seem to fit when placed according to the instructions.

I got the hypersleep chamber and airlock cover from Mageek and can highly recommend! The flat white of a typical 3D printer works really well for this particular mod in terms of matching the movie. See a pic here of both of them: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/213#post-7187085

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prentice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=prentice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.