b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2268 2 years ago

Are most people having a lot of issues with this pin? Still on the fence about quality.

#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Mine have been very minor adjustments. Only pending minor issue I have is sometimes one of the stand up targets sticks a little. They are changing those to a ne gen 2 switch. Don't be scared. Very solid game play.

Thanks. I still feel like I need a bit of a push to get me to buy this one. Theme is perfect for me. I plan on getting Cactus Canyon Remake along with one more pin, just not sure about how fun Alien will be to play. I played it once on location years ago.

#2368 2 years ago

Looks like Cointaker is done selling the standards? Not on the site anymore. Tried emailing with no response but I'm assuming it's because of labor day weekend. I was just getting ready to order and the price increase hit and they are not listed on the site now, bummer, looks like I missed out. Maybe they are getting ready to start building the Limited Version and be done with the standards for awhile?

#2433 2 years ago

Any other ways to buy this? Haven't got a response back from cointaker after 2 emails. The 3rd quarter link is gone so maybe the SV just isn't available anymore to purchase through them.

#2473 2 years ago

What is the weight of this pin compared to a Stern? Just curious.

#2511 2 years ago

On my Wizard of Oz I had to drill out that plastic piece that is being sanded in the video. It was too tight on the flipper shaft and causing it to bind and do exactly like what is shown. I just took a drill bit that was the exact same size as the hole and drilled it gently back and forth to take out a small bit of plastic. Not sure if that's what is going on here but that was what worked for my WOZ. My WOZ flipper was so tight it wouldn't even return back to it's normal position during play.

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Probably to early to tell but with what we know of Godzilla so far, would you choose a Godzilla LE or Alien LV? I prefer the Alien theme but an opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE came out of the blue and now I'm kind of torn...

Alien theme is much better in my opinion. Godzilla layout looks more creative and unique. Tough call. I'm trying to decide between Godzilla Premium or Alien.

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Alien is fantastic. I recommend it to anyone that is on the fence.
Godzilla will be awesome I'm sure, as it is a theme most of us can connect to from our youth and the current run of movies. I'll grab a premium down the road after enough are on the street.
In the here and now... "Game Over Man" -

Looks like you've owned a ton of pins. How is Alien ranking with you in terms of fun factor and layout compared to other pins you've owned?

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You will be able to play Godzilla at ANY location to your heart’s content. Alien not so…That’s why I don’t buy Sterns for my home.

Good point. I recently played Mando Pro and Premium on location. Also played Turtles, GNR, and a few other Sterns. Decided they were all fun but didn't want to own any of them at current prices. I think what's holding me back at the moment is the reveal of Alien LV. I think the standard version is looks great but I want to see what they bring to the table with the LV, and I already missed out on the lower prices so I have nothing to lose but time at this point.

Anyone think they'll add that playfield screen back on the LV?

#2655 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:So tonight was the night the gremlins came out. 4 different lock ups/issues within 10 minutes after an hour of play.
1. putting in initials, suddenly it just 'finished' the initials on its own, then switched to the volume screen and went to 0. While I could leave the screen, the volume would not change from zero until a reboot.
2. ball bounced back into trough and the ball search never tried to push another ball out. I tilted the machine while trying to get it to move one way or the other and after the tilt animation, the game just locked up (screen included) and would do nothing until a reboot.
3a) during ambush multiball the right flippers stopped working and the xeno mouth stayed open.
3b) On reboot x 4 the xeno would not work. Then, toggling in and out of the service menu, it started working again and the flippers started working again
This is on 2.2D
As for the xeno, I didn't have any issues after this, but I wonder if after so many games that badly implemented switch starts to get bent and deformed. I haven't opened up the game to see yet.
Also, the dimples...they are a comin.

Oh wow, I just went from wanting this pin immensely to "undecided" again after reading this. Why so many issues? Is it the coding or something else?

#2681 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I just put my $1 down with Cointaker. I was told that the list is long but they have confirmed numbers from PB and there's definitely still some available. Stop your grinning and grab you linens boys!

Well that just got me off the fence! Just put down my dollar!

#2682 2 years ago

Did the Pinball Brothers ever say how many LVs would be made?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2754 2 years ago

I would find it strange if they stopped the SV. It would mean they are only making a fixed amount of SV and LV then they are done as a pinball manufacturer? Anyone have any insight into this? Are the Pinball Brothers going to make additional titles in the future?

#2757 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't even think they know yet. This was a gamble for sure. They never stated a limit on SV's, but they did say a limit around (400-500) on LV. Who knows if that is still the case. I imagine a completely new pinball machine would cost them MUCH more and be priced much higher than even the higher priced Aliens as of now. If they were going to do something beyond Alien, they would have needed to start years ago...

So unless the Pinball Brothers state otherwise, Alien will be a one and done project. Once they get enough of these out the door and recouped their money then it's over? I do get a little worried for long term parts availability with these, if you hold onto one for the next 10 years will you be able to get those light boards if one goes out?

#2771 2 years ago

So how set in stone is Friday for the reveal?

#2866 2 years ago

I think we are all waiting to see if the playfield screen makes a comeback.

#2907 2 years ago

Well, if you were planning on a shaker motor and invisible glass to the SV then add that to the SV price and decide if the resulting price difference from the LV is worth it?

#2911 2 years ago

The cabinet art does look a lot nicer.

#2934 2 years ago

How much would invisible glass and a shaker cost separately?

There is only a $2,100 difference between the two. Some people are saying 3k difference which is a heck of a rounding up.

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

if you got the SV at intro price of 7777 it is 2918 more expensive. Shaker is 140 glass 276 shipped.

Yes, but new people that haven't ordered have to compare current pricing. Also you could probably sell you used SV for $8,500 right now.

2 weeks later
#3401 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did this happen?

I put the $1 down but never got any emails. They put up the $1,000 down payment LV link on the site right away. Not sure how the $1 was supposed to work.

#3403 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

They are supposed to be invoicing for the $999 in the order that the first $1 was received. I took me a while but I did get invoiced for the $999.

So what's up with the 1k listing on their site? Will the people that put down 1k get their games after the $1 preorder people?

1 week later
#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Just have to say reading this thread its very nice to know people are working through these issues and still having fun with the game. I just got my deposit in with Nitro and this will be my first new game ever - Im sure I wont be playing until February, but Im very excited and glad to know theres a wealth of info here in case something doesnt happen to work out of the box. I aint scurred though cant wait in fact!!!

Congrats. I'm still a little scared to order. I'm waiting for feedback from the newest batches of orders to see how many issues there are and if they've tackled all the problems. Any new owners feedback would be appreciated!

2 weeks later
#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, just out of curiosity, does anyone know how well the LVs have been selling? Or are many people still waiting for more info before they take the plunge?

I'm sitting back and waiting. Way to many issues being reported for my comfort level. I'm a potential buyer if these are rock solid out of the box with only minor tweaks.

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

yeah machine rocked it, played all day and no issues. I think it went over 800 plays...
kciaccio can you confirm that...
I did clean the glass 10 times...lol

So it sounds like these are getting more solid?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.