b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pballjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#648 2 years ago

Just got confirmation its on a truck headed this way.

#653 2 years ago

It just arrived! So excited! hopefully everything will be up and running soon. Side note star and metric nuts and screws are on this machine. Its a beauty. Mylaring the machine around the magnets and alien high traffic area, drops, and scoop. Side art is great. Will update as I go.

20210504_101349 (resized).jpg20210504_101349 (resized).jpg20210504_102139 (resized).jpg20210504_102139 (resized).jpg20210504_102202 (resized).jpg20210504_102202 (resized).jpg20210504_102408 (resized).jpg20210504_102408 (resized).jpg20210504_102449 (resized).jpg20210504_102449 (resized).jpg20210504_102517 (resized).jpg20210504_102517 (resized).jpg20210504_105420 (resized).jpg20210504_105420 (resized).jpg20210504_105626 (resized).jpg20210504_105626 (resized).jpg20210504_120656 (resized).jpg20210504_120656 (resized).jpg
#663 2 years ago

We are a local comic shop in Florence,KY just south of Cincinnati called Comics2games. It was just shipped FedEx from PA this week. I hoping after work to try it out and test hiw it is different from the original version. We love it so far.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How’s it playing? Everything working ok?

Yes it plays rather fast. It feels faster and has more flow than heighway version which sounds odd I know. But i cant help but think that the monitor in playfield slows down the ball, Ive played both now and I definitely like the pinball brothers version better. I have got the ball stuck twice due to air balls under the right ramp and above right upper flipper. There is a small curve in the plastic right before the right upper flipper assembly and a ball cradles perfectly there. The 2nd spot is just to the right of the upper right flipper under the wireform between it and the plastic piece below it. That happened during multiball and ricocheted off flipper and bounced and lodged right under wireform. It might just be a level adjustment front to back. Other than that its been preforming quite nicely. I had it set on family mode which seems to leave out the rescue newt and bleeps out any language. Still tinkering around with settings to see what else is cut in family mode. Speakers were connected correctly and sound good, ive found a nice setting at 12 for our store that engages you and sets the mood for the game in modes like find jonsey which is a cool mode. I adjusted the trough strength down a bit as that ball flys out into the lane and sometimes bounced back in trough. (Most manufacturers have them standardly set high and it seems on some machines like sterns to wear out the shooter lane faster with higher power settings)I had to adjust the flipper button switches as they were way to close together and we very touchy at first but now are spot on. The ball launch is much smoother than heighway version too The physical ball lock is cool too and doesnt slow down game play. The magnet above the right upper flipper is great addition and be ready for it to accelerate your ball back down on either magnet (other one in front of xenomorph)during gameplay which can catch you off guard but is definitely a welcome distraction. I will keep playing and let u all know what else i find as more average customers will be playing it tomorrow and you never know how they are going to play the game especially if this is their 1st time trying it out.

#722 2 years ago

Had 1 issue where the ball would not launch but after a power off it has not happened since

Since being on location the same thing has happened twice, once each day where the customer was on last ball in a game and it would not fire from shooter lane. I rebooted after counting 10 secs and it worked fine for rest of the day. Its gotta be software related.

#723 2 years ago

Had the same thing about the ball not launching from shooter lane happen to 2 random customers over the past two days. It happened to them on the 3rd ball and then the game kinda just flakes. I took glass off and manually moved ball to flipper lane , flippers work but scoop and lights on playfield froze no response. Power game off 10 secs and reboot and game works fine for rest of day. Gotta be software related. Im Sure an update to code will make a couple oddities go away.
One other thing is had to change my pricing to custom because under 1 play for $1 worked on right coin slot but left one registered 1 quarter as dollar. Checked the wiring as faq said to wired propertly. When i went to custom pricing their are 4 adjustments im guessing for left and right side, $1 connection and maybe international. Two of them were set to 4 instead of 1 quarter. Again a software adjustment from technical support will fix it in a newer code.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#744 2 years ago

After 5 days on location
Heres what I have found
1)I was getting balls ricocheting off upper right flipper and getting wedged near or under right wireform and funny enough right on top of right upper flipper. Part level issue, partly due to wild ball flip during multiball. I adjusted the wireform in my case a tad lower /down manually releveled and no more problem.
2) i had a flakey left ramp opto situation on friday night that melissa at cointaker is helping me with and PB will be remedying very soon with new parts as they are coming across the globe not from Chicago. Keep in mind these things we are finding are helping PB and cointaker to have all the necessary parts on hand and available when you all start getting your machines shortly, the new waves of them coming oversees will include all the parts tou will need in case anythinglike what happened to us.. Before you play your game take off the glass and check each of your optos, spinners, and switchs with a ball manually while in test mode mode individual switches to confirm everything is operating properly. Btw shout out to cointaker contacting me quickly, great customer service from 1st time buyer from them, great people.
3) the small stand up targets, Ive had one that sticks due to on mine a height difference of metal backing and like a plastic burr on plastic part that causes stuck switch error. Part of it is alignment part faulty part. PB will be taking care of this too. Its not a bad design but they will take a beating over the years on location, i will be ordering extra sets when they become available as I am a location.
4) as mentioned above there are software bugs that they are already aware of that as an early adopter of this game we know we have a road ahead us that most of you wont have to endure. They are working on updates of the bugs as we all find them that affect us. sometimes just cause of english programming vs international like coin pricing values will we find one that wont affect u as a home buyer set on free play.
5) the playfield will dimple,get over it. it still looks great after a lot of players, you at home will not have it as much as yours will not be played like mine. I am pleased with their playfield so far and seems to play faster than heighways.
6) you will probably never ever have this happen to but i had moved around cables under the playfield near the mainpower switch box. Its black rectangle metal box on the floor to right of sub speaker. In doing so the black mesh wire cable shifted inside the box and pushed one of the wires closer to the cooling fan causing a vibration noise. I disconnected main power before removing metal cover to find that it had been zipped tied in a loose way to when i moved the black cable it shifted internally 2 of the wires around. One new ziptie later away from plastic fan blades and the problem wont happen again. Again this is an early build probably wont happen to you as they are in a learning curve with the first batch.
6) the railing that hold the playfield to it when you remove the playfield are not rounded and may have sharp edges that you should not slide your hands down when moving it out of the cabinet. Keep bandaids near, haha, ps im a klutz so this type of thing happened to me.
7) as early adopter, on the playfield railing there is at the bottom of the railings a black box mounted to it controlling various thing, mine is missing one screw and would shift the box when i raised the playfield vertically (btw its a neat design on the railing system that allows the playfield to remain vertical and not touch the backbox when you pull it out and raise it up) its two screws that hold the black box to frame, mine happened to be missing one. Its minor just pointing it out.
7) NOTE: PB is an international company. They are not phillips screws and standard nuts like most games you've had from stern or williams bally. They are star screws and metric nuts. Do not strip out thinking they are american scale.

Besides the above and understand I say this truthfully to most all home owners of games, you will not have near what happens to me happen to you and the above is not bad it can be hectic cause its your new baby but once you get taken care of and I have no doubt you will, this company has alot to prove and loves pinball like you and has background in being a location guys. so they know how to put a game together that will be easy to maintenance when it breaks cause all electronics and hardware will. I love this game, this theme, i even love how easy it is work on. and again as early adopter on location with more people touching my than you ever will it is a great addition to the herd. I have 35 games on route now and this one has caught everyones eye. Alot of fun to play and it will keep getting better. I look forward to purchasing future titles from PB. Great job team.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

3. I adjusted the angle of the MUTHUR kick out coil to make it a cleaner feed to the upper left flipper.
[quoted image]

Can you tell me how you adjusted the angle.
mine is works half time smooth to left upper flipper and then I get a little wider release sometimes

1 month later
#1491 2 years ago

Updated the new code 2.2 on our location Alien and boy did they ever fix the xenomorph ball grab timing. Played several games code is working through some of our previous bugs we found. Looking forward to more updates to make this game sweeter. Tomorrow we will check the usb 1,2 3 connections from backbox to under playfield as we have had it freeze up on us previously from time to time over the last 2 months intermittently. But overall still a fantastic game.

4 months later
#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So the instructions are a bit confusing. Is anyone else reading it as you need to be on 2.2, NOT 2.2D (etc) before installing 2.3?

If you have at least 2.2 or an updated version upto 2.2D you should be fine to goto 2.3

1 month later
#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

These are the switches I used!
You will need longer screws but the holes line up perfectly!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What screws did you use that are longer? Any specific help would be helpful.

2 weeks later
#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Have owners noticed the soft flipper buttons on this game,I can breathe on them and they will activate yes you can adjust them but the problem is the switches them selfs,the blades are just thin week and soft,I just did not like the feel of them.
Changed to Bally Williams switches,much better with the flipper feel you you are use to,
Just need longer screws and it’s an even swap,well worth it.
It makes a difference in my enjoyment of the game.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How have these flipper switches held up for you since you switched them out for the bally williams version? Any problems or inconsistencies since?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pballjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=pballjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.