IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

16mm, not sure if threads are different between standard and metric.

They are different. 16 mm would have a 2.0 thread if course thread.

5 months later
#6387 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

LV is all sold out (not sure if that was well known - I’m not on this thread much anymore).

They still list spots for sale on Cointaker website this morning

#6476 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Mate, I would be very interested to see an LV queen version. I actually love the translite art on the LV it looks amazing, but this could be very special indeed.

Me sentiments exactly! Would love to see an LE version.

#6510 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The projected time frame at this time is “eventually”.

I’m laughing at myself that after having just gone through this process with Cointaker on The Big Lebowski that I’d be willing to do it again…. But here I go for Alien. It’ll be worth the wait just like TBL was.

#6562 2 years ago

Any idea on production? How many games are made per week or month?

1 month later
#7870 1 year ago

I wonder how many are SV's versus LV's? Have they ever discussed their output on either models?

Either way it's great news for everyone waiting. I'm LV # 17_ something so have awhile to go.

1 week later
#7987 1 year ago
Quoted from Huntthehunter:

Alien LV for sale. 11000.00 or would trade for a nice twilight zone. I’ve never had a boot issues or an issue of any kind. Pin has always worked as it should. Thx.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136152

If you were closer we’d be having lunch right now to discuss. I have an excellent TZ that would be a great trade for your game.

#8025 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

So, how reliable is PBB Alien LV?
I had money stashed for Toy Story, no way I'm buying that now.
Alien looks dope; how is the reliability? Similar to an AP, Spooky or JJP?

Same here! Was so psyched for JJPs release, not even being a big fan of toy story. After those images dropped I was out. Looks like a Barbie game. C’mon Alien!!

#8032 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Fwiw I put in my deposit on April 1st and just heard I'm about 90 days out.

For an LV or a Standard?

#8038 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Mine was for an LV. The date was earlier than I'd prefer, I definitely wouldn't mind later in 2022. My game room is a remodel disaster and I'm out of space.

Just curious. I put my deposit down in March for an LV. Again we have members who put them down last year for an LV and no real idea of delivery in sight. I went through a similar experience when ordering Lebowski. It all worked out in the end, but it was an infuriating guessing game of who was getting games/when. I'd like it to be more transparent on Alien, but i'm guessing it will be the same experience.

1 week later
#8197 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

What #LV is the latest to ship / be delivered ?

Would love to be that as well. Asked the same to Melissa but no response yet.

#8251 1 year ago

https://fb.watch/dYr9Xl06-J/

States they are about to hit 500 games shipped. Over 100 LV's in the world. If this tracking information is right I'm due on the 29th week....

#8253 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Nice. I just paid on mine. What number do you have? Any idea yet?

I’m LV 172, should be in hand by mid August according to PB. Sounds to good to be true.

#8260 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

My LV confirmed arriving via FedEx on June 6th

What game number are you?

#8267 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I believe my LV is #36 but have yet to hear anything from Cointaker. Don't know if that puts anything in perspective??

It sure confuses the shipping video that PB posted on facebook. It looks like they have already made 135 LV’s….Where is your game at? I even reached out to PB on FB about my game number and they told me mid August. Something doesn’t compute…

#8316 1 year ago

Invoiced and paid in full today. Now for the real wait. If the FB post was right my game will be built in the next two weeks!

#8319 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Invoiced today as well. It said the game will be at their facility next week. We shall see...

What is your game number Chalkey ?

#8323 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

https://fb.watch/dYr9Xl06-J/
States they are about to hit 500 games shipped. Over 100 LV's in the world. If this tracking information is right I'm due on the 29th week....

I’m LV 172

#8403 1 year ago

What are peoples thoughts on code depth? How finished is it? Is this something that is being worked on and evolving?

Is there a flow chart or something similar available?

#8422 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think the game code itself is finished and no different than the HWY version. A decent player can probably get to all the modes fairly quickly because you just need to qualify the modes, not beat them to get to wizard mode. Actually beating all the modes is another story (I think). Many of the modes are timed - and therefore short. All that is not to lead you to believe the game is easy or shallow, it is more of about a good player could probably see most things fairly quickly. I do not know if there is anything different in the code if you qualify all missions vs. beat all missions.
I agree with the above statement about 90's games.

Quoted from kciaccio:

It's rule sets are on par with a William's dmd 90' game which is awesome for me.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

This game has one of my favorite rulesets ever. I truly think you created a masterpiece! I hope you are given lots of room to code wherever you are now!

That’s good to hear! My only real concern is with tiring of the code quickly. I want there to be enough meat there to keep me coming back. I like a variety of games from different eras but have struggled to find many 90s games that keep my attention besides Shadow. I’m hoping this game can stay a long while.

#8440 1 year ago

Any others get shipping notice this week? I was told mine was shipping this week but have yet to receive anything.

#8532 1 year ago

Have the Apron Mods started shipping yet?

#8599 1 year ago

My game is supposed to ship today. When and how have owners received shipping notifications from cointaker? Email from CT or Fex Ex? What time of day ect.

With Lebowski all I ever received was a text from Fed Ex to schedule my delivery date. Curious if it will be the same or if I'll have to reach out again.

Thanks

#8725 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

My invoice just said “Games are on the way to the US, Final balance now due”. I follow PB on Facebook and every week or two they post pictures of a full container on a truck leaving their parking lot. If you zoom in on the picture the boxes actually have the LV check marked and USA written on them. Seems legit.

They are pumping games out. 98% of them are LV’s according to their video.

My game is due to arrive Wednesday!

#8750 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Most importantly, I wasn't told by Cointaker that any such issues would be forthcoming. Had I known, I obviously would have gone with NITRO but the problem with that is that they're completely on the West Coast (BC), while I'm on the East Coast (Quebec) so Cointaker was just "closer" to me (East Coast). Again, I had no idea that I would be dealing with brokers myself. No Quebec distributors were touching Pinball Bros. But my issue isn't even that, as much as the fact that my ALIEN LV was apparently "at the NY port" and nobody even bothered to tell me about it, until I emailed them. And even then, very little info. Just wondering if that's par for the course for CT? I operate my own business and always treat customers as I'd like to be treated, so I was quite surprised by this lack of attention to my $10k shipment -- to note, they did cash my payment real fast though!

You game wasn’t allocated to you until you asked for it I’m sure. If you hadn’t asked you’d probably still be waiting. This is absolutely the type of communication to expect with cointaker and it’s incredibly unfortunate as they are the only supplier for two very desirable and high priced pinball machines (Lebowski and Alien). Due to my difficulties with each order, all of which would be solved by clear and efficient communication, I’m incredibly hesitant to purchase anything else through cointaker. You are not alone.

#8834 1 year ago

She made it home!!! What a Journey! No problems unpacking. Only damage visible is to the legs. Looks like they were dropped before going in the box. All issue go through PB instead of cointaker?

Only thing that stuck out when inspecting the game was the lights for the coin door where being smashed by the playfield and were bent pretty far. Moved the lights and straightened the connectors.

Updated the software and played a few games. Everything seems to function correctly. Flippers are a bit weak. Right orbit needs adjusted as currently sending the ball sdtm. Flippers need alligned. Right spinner really interrupts flow pretty badly. Beyond that nothing to report so far.

I know it’s a honeymoon period but I am typically disappointed with every new purchase I make. Something lets me down almost immediately. Not sure what it is about this game but it just has me giddy and excited to dig in. Haven’t really had that feeling with any NIB or new to me game. I hope the feeling lasts.

Now to get it dialed in.

21120990-1C52-4628-A92E-FB27306F7D5F (resized).jpeg21120990-1C52-4628-A92E-FB27306F7D5F (resized).jpeg7BA79172-AD02-4BD8-B94A-58B1DD5864F9 (resized).jpeg7BA79172-AD02-4BD8-B94A-58B1DD5864F9 (resized).jpeg7CD0CAA1-1DBD-42AF-88EC-98F8407B227B (resized).jpeg7CD0CAA1-1DBD-42AF-88EC-98F8407B227B (resized).jpegCB67C417-12CF-4861-BCE4-E75B19944620 (resized).jpegCB67C417-12CF-4861-BCE4-E75B19944620 (resized).jpegE8B4D202-A39A-4171-8383-1343F2348895 (resized).jpegE8B4D202-A39A-4171-8383-1343F2348895 (resized).jpegE981B7BA-6D1F-4E5A-BAD8-C08727244B1F (resized).jpegE981B7BA-6D1F-4E5A-BAD8-C08727244B1F (resized).jpegF4A21E68-198C-4F21-AC78-46A1B6E1850E (resized).jpegF4A21E68-198C-4F21-AC78-46A1B6E1850E (resized).jpeg
#8852 1 year ago

Spinners.... These things are pissing me off.

I've tried to bend the wire forward and backwards and one side will just not balance. The only way I've gotten the spinner to stand up straight is by bending the arm of the switch upward to hold it in place when standing in correct position. This makes is harder to spin and adds more resistance obviously to the ball.

Am I missing something? The right side is balanced and doesn't even contact the switch until it turns upside down. I'm not able to get the same result with the left spinner.

#8857 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I struggled with this for awhile on my right spinner... It would sometimes hang upside down and the ball would never hit it when it was in this position.
Not sure if this is your issue, but for me, the trick was that the switch should provide some pressure on the spinner arm. It seems to rely on the pressure from the switch to keep it balanced. I bent the right switch upwards a bit and haven't had any problems with my right spinner since.

That's the fix I had described in my post. It's strange that one side I need the resistance of the switch arm to hold it upright (Same issue, will just sit flat and the ball won't even touch the damn thing) and the other is not touching it at all and is balanced by itself. For mine it's the left spinner that's the problem.

It's working now, but not ripping the way I'd like to. Haven't added any lubricant to it yet, but probably will.

#8874 1 year ago

Do all issues go through Pinball Brothers? Mine are cosmetic, not mechanical. I haven't gotten a response from Cointaker.

#8891 1 year ago

Should the Alien tongue magnet make direct contact with the ball? The tongue is wrapped with something that sticks out maybe 1/2” from the magnet so it hits the ball and pushes it away.

It worked fine the first 50 plays so unsure if that’s the issue. How can I keep the tongue extended to examine that piece if it is a problem?

Edit: that was it. The heat shrink they have around the tongue magnet us loose and sliding off. It is pushing the ball away instead if grabbing it!

#8905 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Regarding the spinners...anyone else disappointed with the artwork on these things? Seems a little incongruent with the overall art package..thinking of changing[quoted image]

I’m disappointed in everything regarding the spinners. We need something different that functions correctly. Can’t imagine how much easier it’d be getting Sentry guns if these things worked right.

As for the art… yes… it’s a bit lazy imo.

#8981 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question. Having a few issues with my Alien LV. My launch on the game is clicking and going on a off quite a bit. No ball is kicking out? It’s annoying. The trough also appears off as during some multiballs only one ball plays one ball??? Weird. If more than one play ball is in play during multiball and one ball drains the game ends?? Any idea what is causing this. PB already send me a new main board and no changes. Any ideas?

Did you change the original balls? Mine magnetized after maybe 30 games. Caused all kinds of issues.

#9006 1 year ago

New issue on my game. After picking up the ball in Ambush multiball, the tongue will not release it. It just sits inside the mouth until ball search at which point it will re-extend itself and then let go of the ball before closing again. Anyone else experience similar issues and if so how did you fix it?

#9009 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Note, the tongue doesn't 'release' the ball. The tongue is a permanent magnet. It should retract enough that the ball gets pushed off the magnet

That makes sense. I’ve also noticed the tongue not retracting fully into the mouth. That must be causing the issue.

#9079 1 year ago

Anyone detail KJS translite install on their LV? I’m struggling a little bit with the instructions and placement and don’t think I’m getting the full effect.

Thanks

#9088 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Full replacement guide ready to test. Literally 2 screws to remove to replace. (And remove the pop cap and plastic)
Had a few more games earlier with the prototype extenders. Got Hyper Sleep MB and Sentry Guns together for the first time. Was great And can make it to Save Newt in a more timely manner now to, no more road blocks or frustration getting stuck unable to complete it. Soo much better
Interestingly enough i've never had an issue with the vent shot on the far rhs. Can make it fine with the upper left flipper or a rebound of the upper right flipper bat back side.
[quoted image]

Awesome! I’d love the updated file when it’s ready.

#9096 1 year ago

What an incredible game! Got further than I ever anticipated and it felt like a battle the entire game. Nothing feels cheap in this game, from lifecycles to weapons, each path is a risk and trying to balance those pursuits while accomplishing modes is very challenging. What an amazing game!

136A0208-40A2-4D48-8257-632B9B61AAAA (resized).jpeg136A0208-40A2-4D48-8257-632B9B61AAAA (resized).jpeg6F79591F-40B3-4B75-8E36-093359371286 (resized).jpeg6F79591F-40B3-4B75-8E36-093359371286 (resized).jpeg
#9138 1 year ago

Just now realizing my backboard is not illuminated on my LV. Did anyone else experience this and find a fix for it? Sideblades are lit up but my backboard is completely dark. Looking through game videos here it looks like it should be illuminated.

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My LV’s cables were too tight and the one for the backboard LED strip pulled too hard and broke the strip, so mine doesn’t light either. I opened a ticket with PB along with pictures of the issue. A new LED strip is on it’s way to me.

I can’t see where a strip would go into the backboard. They sent some images of two connectors to check, which were still plugged in. Can you share the images you sent them? Maybe they will help me understand what’s happening in my game.

Thanks

#9181 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

LV #82 arrived this morning...at least, I think it is LV #82...Cointaker said it was 82, documents say it is 82, box says it is 82...however, the certificate and Dog-tag say #89...so, it can be 89 or 82. So, whoever gets #82's cert and Dog-tag can stay #82 or let me know and we can exchange...kinda funny.
[quoted image]

What's the dog tag on the apron say? I'm assuming it's 82. Looks like you just got the wrong certificate.

#9252 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

I pull it all the way forward and leaving it horizontal, it immediately starts to slide back down the incline. So then, I try and really get under the playfield and keep it all the way at the top of the incline, and life it vertical (which is not easy due to the weight) and it does not lock in and then starts to slide back down the incline.
It's almost like my machine is missing something there so it's not locking in. Very frustrating

Mine doesn’t lock into those slots either, but just sits in that divot, balanced against the rail. I was hesitant at first but it stays up there just fine.

#9299 1 year ago

Anyone experienced with this issue and get a resolution? I randomly looked in my audits to see how many games I’ve played in the 3 weeks I’ve owned the game and saw something strange. I long suspected my posts weren’t diverting the ball as they should and this would be the reason why. Did the up post loop test as well and only the left most post engages. Right post does nothing in loop test. I can activate the posts individually though.

If the game is awesome now while not functioning the way it should (bent hypersleep ramp, inactive right post/right orbit ) I think it’s going to be that much sweeter when I can actually fall into the pops when I need to.

62A18070-E677-447A-BFB4-B559CC0438D4 (resized).jpeg62A18070-E677-447A-BFB4-B559CC0438D4 (resized).jpeg

#9303 1 year ago

That was one of the tests I was referring to having completed. Right post does not activate in loop test (left does) and right orbit switch is not active at all during switch test while rolling a ball over the area.

#9369 1 year ago

On 2.8 my game is freezing if left unattended for any span of time, with or without a game running. I had a game going last night, walked away for 20 minutes and couldn't plunge the ball, had to reset. This has happened several times.

#9418 1 year ago

I love this game! In spite of the myriad of issues we have all had to deal with and problems we are still fighting… when it comes together, my God does it come together. What an experience!

Proper timing and usage of weapons can easily triple the length of your game. It’s difficult timing and planning it correctly but when you do it’s a life saver.

I’ve been getting more and more successful using the weapons right at ball drain to keep the game alive.

Use the shotgun to start ambush at ball drain

Use smart gun to start hypersleep multiball and grab your extra ball right at ball drain

Flame thrower- right at ball drain to keep going.

If you keep the multi balls ready to activate the weapons become very useful in keeping the ball alive and helping you get deeper into the game.

What’s your weapons strategy?

0D0B6EDF-57FD-4567-880B-A8854672DA45 (resized).jpeg0D0B6EDF-57FD-4567-880B-A8854672DA45 (resized).jpeg
#9440 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Everything running fine. Install 2.8, now ball launches fail 2/3rds of the time (underpowered?), then work on the second try. Just the first thing I’ve noticed. Does not occur on saves or multiball. Anyone else see this?

I’m having that problem as well. Having to restart the constantly from freezes as well. How do I go back to 2.7?

#9442 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Seems like a reasonable price for someone, that's for sure. If I needed one, I'd snap it up.
I recently saw mine lock up again, even with System Update 2.8.... so I would agree with fatdirk... it probably isn't going to fare well on location until PB can get that sorted out. I had my game on all day last week, so I was optimistic, but I think there is still some pesky bug that is causing attract mode to freeze. When it happens, my flipper buttons are responsive, but the coin door buttons, start game, and launch buttons are unresponsive. After a restart, everything works fine again. I reported this lockup... I'm not clear if taking a log after a power-up would even be helpful for troubleshooting this issue, but I guess I'll do that if it happens again.

One really good thing is I haven't seen it lockup during a game any time recently... So that is pretty nice.

I had my first in game reset today. Single player game, first ball, had save newt ready to start and ambush, hit the xeno target and the game shutdown and restarted itself. This was the first time it happened while playing. I didn’t have any of these problems on 2.7.

As for the lockup you described, that is almost guaranteed if I walk away from the game or chose not to play it very soon after turning it on. It’s the only game in my collection I simply can’t leave on currently.

#9491 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s Go time
[quoted image]

I hope it landed safely!

#9499 1 year ago

Clear is starting to lift off the post right below the upper right flipper. Might have caught it in time. I need to get a beefier post I assume?

I have pooling under some of the plastics in two areas as well. Gonna remove the plastics and get out the upholstery iron. Not sure what else to do.

It’s sad that this is almost normal on playfields now. Let’s see how PB handle it.

CC2526DC-872B-46B2-B134-C35BD8D3997F (resized).jpegCC2526DC-872B-46B2-B134-C35BD8D3997F (resized).jpeg
#9501 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sorry to see this. How many games were played?

300 ish. I’m 26 days into ownership.

#9504 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I thought they were fixing that coming out now. Yes you need a better post, and a wider base. Washer on bottom, on top. Mine's biting into the the clear still even after. That post takes a ton of abuse. Someone a few pages back posted a pretty detailed fix they did that may hold better.
FYI, I don't think they are going to do anything about that particular issue.

Here is my post. Not sure if it’s the newer version or OG.

D8E41506-B626-45FA-A643-31279E389BC9 (resized).jpegD8E41506-B626-45FA-A643-31279E389BC9 (resized).jpeg
#9558 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm trying to adjust my airlock scoop as the ball is consistently fired towards the very end of the left flipper, and often I will drain as a result, as it's just not possible to control the ball. The PB support article mentions bending the scoop a little, but I'm giving it quite a bit of effort - it's not bending, and honestly, I feel like I'm gonna break it. Is this definitely the way to go about it? Are there any other things people have done?

Quoted from Mageek:

Just be careful it's what works

It does work. Took a shit ton of force to really rotate the scoop clockwise but 100% necessary to enjoy the game. It took me maybe 4 or 5 tries before I got it bent enough to avoid SDTM returns.

#9566 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have been using incorrect terminology, when I was suggesting a Factory Reset, I didn’t mean using the menu item of that name, I meant a “system rebuild” from the PB website here. This has fixed things for me on more than one occasion including the 2.8 update.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000843825--how-to-rebuild-machine-alien-2-2

Is there anyway to save High Scores when doing this, or is everything lost?

#9571 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Mine gets here in about two weeks. I wanted to ask all of you, is there anything I should get in advance? Any standard part or upgrade everyone ends up getting?

New balls, mylar rings and plastic washers, flipper fans

I would immediately throw out the balls that come with the game. Mine lasted 3 days before they magnetized.

Hindsight being 20/20, I would definitely preemptively put a mylar ring and plastic washer underneath the post below the upper right flipper. Just do it.

Also watch for any areas that the plastics are cutting into the clear (look for pooling). If you find any I'd put something underneath those areas (mylar ring and plastic washer) to keep it from expanding outward.

I also purchased flipper fans from the pinside shop here and highly recommend them. I felt my flippers getting weaker pretty quickly from day 1 of ownership.

#9584 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Coincidentally, I have a ton of Ninja Pinballs I just bought! Do you have links to the other parts you'd suggest? Thank you for the help!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1391-ravspec/07046-extended-play-coil-coolers-pinball-brothers-alien

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02469-star-and-slim-post-clear-mylar-ring-set

**I make my own with a circle punch and a hole punch. I use 3/4” most often

Then get some rubber washers and plastic washers assortments from Amazon or elsewhere.

2BA94BD1-5544-4C7F-97B2-F937090274BA (resized).jpeg2BA94BD1-5544-4C7F-97B2-F937090274BA (resized).jpeg
#9633 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I was hoping those were isolated incidents or exaggerations of poor customer service. I’ve been told “your machine will ship next week” for four consecutive weeks with a different random excuse each time. Starting to get concerned about them scamming me. Surprised that there hasn’t been more mention of this with there only being one distributor in the US.

You won’t get scammed, just shit communication. I’ve sent 8 follow up emails after my game was supposed to ship and never got a response at all. It’s incredibly frustrating. I hope Dutch and Pinball Brothers open up to another distributor. It’s incredibly unfortunate that we are forced to buy through a single entity whose communication is horribly inadequate.
You are not alone. If you end up getting a Lebowski you will have the same aggravating experience unfortunately.

#9651 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Has anyone else seen a problem where the Xeno JAW stays open after Ambush mode is initiated? I'm seeing it happen approximately 1 in 10 times after Xeno ball grab at the beginning of Ambush mode. I have never seen the problem happen at any other time (including test mode). After the game is over or the next time the JAW is supposed to close, it does close fine. I hooked up a PWM monitor, and I can see that the system is sending a JAW open command the entire time the JAW is stuck open... so I'm still unclear if this is a problem with my hardware, or some software glitch that is happening on machines other than mine. I'm already working with Pinball Brothers on this, but just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue for troubleshooting purposes.
This is an SV on System Update 2.8 with Firmware 0.56.

I had that happen on my game last week also. Shut everything down so it would reset itself. 2.8 LV

#9686 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Oh yeah .I forgot I turned off the staged flippers .That had a huge effect on gameplay .I don’t use that feature much in any pin as of now .

Staged flippers doesn't work anyway right now correct? It's not coded yet I was told.

#9689 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

They don't work on the SV but do on the LV.

They don’t on mine. Was told it’s not coded yet.

#9696 1 year ago

Can I get a favor from one of you??

Do you have lights on your board 6 optos connections? This is for the reverso ramp.

When looking underneath my other optos all have lights around them. Reverso opto board is dark.

****resolved*******
3172FB87-5834-4362-9687-BB973284FBDD (resized).jpeg3172FB87-5834-4362-9687-BB973284FBDD (resized).jpeg

#9700 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This is one area where it should be available for both versions.

It’s not available for both versions currently. So at least on this point all things are equal.

There are no staged flippers currently available on any version. Not coded yet.

#9723 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Full replacement guide ready to test. Literally 2 screws to remove to replace. (And remove the pop cap and plastic)
Had a few more games earlier with the prototype extenders. Got Hyper Sleep MB and Sentry Guns together for the first time. Was great And can make it to Save Newt in a more timely manner now to, no more road blocks or frustration getting stuck unable to complete it. Soo much better
Interestingly enough i've never had an issue with the vent shot on the far rhs. Can make it fine with the upper left flipper or a rebound of the upper right flipper bat back side.
[quoted image]

applejuice was kind enough to provide me one of these to test and just want to speak to the improvement and increased enjoyment I've found in game since installing it. My shots are consistently recognized for lifecycles and I can now get to the Save Newt mode almost every game (if I pursue it). The most important result from this install is that I have a more controlled release and set up for the hypersleep shot. Not sure the future of this mod/print, but I highly recommend it. The game is still hard. It still kicks my ass. I still walk away wounded and cursing at times. But, my shots count when I hit them and it removes a little bit of slop from the game. Thanks for the opportunity to try it!

#9726 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is this?

Click on the Quote from applejuice in my post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/182#post-7067172

Its a mod to clean up the chestburster shot. It helps the ball be recognized in game and also removes some of the slop in that area so it's easier to make the hypersleep ramp (still a hard shot) with a more controlled release from the target. Vast improvement in my opinion and really adds to the gameplay.

#9743 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Looks like the game was designed that not all balls falling from the bumpers should be activating the magnet. Glad you guys enjoy the game more this way though, cheaters!

The magnet doesn’t activate for each hit anyway. It’s still random albeit probably more consistent than it ways before the mod

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I will be ordering this also .I still have no idea if dropping the rear/left leg a bit helped in hitting the side ramp or if it’ was just in my head .It reminds me of LZ’s “hot shot” .I ended up rubbing some of my secret lube (a WD-40 dry gel that people were cautioning on using )on the inside of the hood but also started using a “slap” more on the flip .Whatever the method used , the bottom line is to get these shots down !I wouldn’t call anything “ cheating” in a game at home as it’s there for fun I’d like to thank all the people that spend they’re spare time helping us average players make the pins we chose to purchase and bring home as fun as they can be . I’m just really ,really happy I bought this one before the price adjusts to the pin it really is
[quoted image]

It makes the game more enjoyable in my opinion. You still have to make the shot, this doesn’t do it for you, but gets rid of some of that rattle and lines you up better. I don’t feel like I’m cheating by any means. It is possible to make improvements over the original. If that wasn’t the case mod makers wouldn’t exist. I’m grateful they do. It’s a damn good game regardless. This just removes or lessens a potentially aggravating aspect of the original design.

To reach their own.

#9753 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sorry ,”others” stuck to it and other word is “wondering”.

If those are the original balls. Get rid of them.

My balls lasted 15 games before they magnetized.

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#9756 1 year ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

On my buddies game, Ninja balls got magnetized after about a week.

Ninja balls are for games without magnets. It says it in the description. If there game has magnets, look at the link I referenced above.

BBA824AC-A24D-461A-AF6A-FADFF701D335 (resized).pngBBA824AC-A24D-461A-AF6A-FADFF701D335 (resized).png
#9822 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Kkoss24 My spinner doesn't sit correctly and I've been fudging with it here and there, and you tell me that all I need to do is add some lubricant?
Awesome, thanks!

You most likely need to bend the switch arm up to the spinner to hold it in place. I could never get mine to balance on it's own. I positioned the spinner perpendicular to the playfield then carefully bent the switch arm upward until it had enough tension on it to hold it in place.

#9844 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

I received my Alien LV last week. Had a couple issues out of the box that were easily fixed. Biggest issue was the small screen on playfield was out. Removed it and reseated the HDMI cable which fixed the issue. I played a bunch of game and came back and it was frozen in attract mode. Rebooted the game and when it turned back on, it had the volume level flickering on screen between 2 and 3 and was unplayable. Rebooted game a few times but could not get it running. I saw this issue mentioned in the support page and said it could be the fuses in the playfield contrl box. Tested all 3 fuses but they were all good, replaced them anyways but still no fix. Sent a support email at 11 PM last Tuesday night and had a response within 10 minutes from Shawn at PB. He stated it was most likely a bad cabinet control box and would send me a replacement the next day. On Thursday morning, I received the replacement cabinet control box and swapped it out (very easy swap) and the game was up and runnin again! Great support from Shawn! I mailed back the broken control box and he Venmo'd me the return shipping amount. I read that the support was great and can confirm it was the best support I have received from any pinball company over my >20 years of collecting.
The game is great, awesome theme integration, challenging shots but keeps calling me back for 1 more game. My high score is 290M but most games tend to be in the 20M range, i am annoyed when I dont get at least 20M. The top 5 scores on the game are all now over 100M.
My only issue is that I sometimes have games where it just freezes in the middle of a game...usually when a ball goes into a scoop and it just is frozen. The flippers work but cant get the game to even go into ball search mode. I have opened the coin door and the menu buttons also dont work, have put another ball into shooter lane but the game wont launch it. This happens mybe one in every 10 games but is somewhat annoying especially when you are having a good game! Has anyone else experienced these random freeze-ups that require a reboot? Hopefully a code update fixes the issue.
Great job Pinball Brothers on an excellent game and great customer service!!
Ed

Shawn is great! He has helped me from the beginning and after 6 weeks or so my game is functioning 100%. I do have some playfield issues that haven’t been acknowledged or responded to in two weeks; which is concerning, but nothing Shawn can respond to or resolve.

There have been reports of game freezes on 2.8. Enough problems that some of us went back down to 2.7 to avoid those issues. I reverted back and the game is functioning without any real issues.

Welcome to the club!

#9904 1 year ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Ok I'll give it a try.
Anyone else check real quick under the playfield?
Thx

C065237B-73BC-4B32-AD46-8E5BE7215BFA (resized).jpegC065237B-73BC-4B32-AD46-8E5BE7215BFA (resized).jpeg
#9937 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

This just came today. I don’t think there’s any question this is the best looking out of all 8 of my machines.
Initial impressions: Stunning sound design. Feels like a lot of flipper fade. Shooting feels imprecise and weird.
[quoted image]

Glad it landed safely! I had flipper fade almost instantly it felt. I installed my flipper fans within the first few days. Much improved afterwards. I had to realign all my flippers. You may have to as well. Once I got everything lined up properly the game started to flow really well.

#9939 1 year ago

So close!! Who has been to “All out War”? I’m getting really damn close.

5FBDBECE-E9D6-448A-B168-9EDCA3800841 (resized).jpeg5FBDBECE-E9D6-448A-B168-9EDCA3800841 (resized).jpeg
#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sharing some info on the new playfield flasher mod that i am making. Will be available to other interested owners. (Will start a new thread for the progress on this, like my other projects, but wanted to share here to for info).
Made a prototype setup of it today using the parts i had available whilst i wait for the first prototype pcbs to arrive. The flasher board is a modified and expanded design based the stern super bright double flasher board replacements that i have been making for a number of years. they use camera leds in them which give a really great flash.
The premise is 2 regular dome flashers (or maybe smaller curved top ones) mounted on a pcb that mounts on top of the airlock scoop display unit. They run in tandom from the lv output for the beacons flashers, so you can get some flasher action tied to the game modes etc on the playfield. This is step 1. I may expand and see if i can get some other hooks in there to, such as when the ball ejects from the airlock etc, but concentrating for now on getting this solid, robust and factory looking. (I will also see what i can do for standard owners if the beacon enable line is not used there.)
Made a loom that splices into the existing wiring so no permanent changes. Runs off the enable for the beacons and has its own control of flash speed. The enable line is a solid enable. Ie they don't currently pulses the beacons, just turn them on and off. The flashers then flash for the length of time the beacons are on. Just played a few games and its really cool in sentry guns etc. Hopefully they will add more beacon code which this mod can take advantage of.
A quick pic of my prototype testing. Please note this is just quick and dirty testing, not anything final yet. It was just a protoyping day!
[quoted image]
And a video of them in action during attract mode
https://www.instagram.com/p/CidEJcNoYLc/
and a manual test in the service mode
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cicsbfro7_P/
A pic of the first prototype pcb
[quoted image]
Hope you all like the idea and progress

Great idea! I'm glad you have the knowledge and passion to keep making mods/enhancements for this game. Appreciate your work!

#10013 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You paid 12k for it in June and haven’t received it yet but don’t want to pick up the phone to call Cointaker to figure out where it is? I’d be calling every day (not emailing) but that is me. I can also tell you that Melissa is a lot better at picking up and returning phone calls then email or text. Call and I bet you have it figured out by the end of the day.

Agreed here. Emailing will continue to frustrate you. They simply don't answer. Phone calls are the way to go.

#10125 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I gotta be close then. Paid in full on July 29. Were you squeaky wheeling them (calling every other day)? It sucks to have to do that, but I'll do whatever it takes to make sure I don't end of like the guy that's been paid in full for over a year with no game.

You absolutely must pester them. I would call every week at minimum. If no response leave messages then call again in 48 hours.

#10143 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:I finaaaaally received my LV this week. I had placed my $1,000 deposit in September 2021, paid in full in June 2022 and received in late September 2022.
The customer service from Cointaker was terrible throughout (won't be buying through them again) but it's here now, so I'm not gonna focus on them.
I have #81. Unfortunately I was only able to play a few games before the "bugs" started and so I was hoping some of you may have already had these same issues and can advise me as such. To note, when I opened the game (f*ck is that initial shaker motor strong or what?), it said that the code on it was 2.6.
PS: The game looks and sounds amazing! And from the few games I did play, looking forward to enjoying for a long time to come.
But before all that, here are the main 2 issues I've encountered so far:
1) XENOMORPH grabs the ball properly, pulls it into his mouth and as the multiball starts, he holds on to the ball in its mouth. When the other 2 balls in the multiball eventually drain, the game basically comes to a standstill as the ball remains in his mouth (even with ball search, it doesn't return it) -- until I basically shut off the game and remove it manually from his mouth. I managed to circumvent this temporarily by disabling the Xenomorph, but obviously that's only a short-term solution.
2) I had no issues with the balls plunging but then one game it put 2 balls in the plunger at the same time, so I had to re-start the game. A few games after that, it seems the "trough issues" continued and now I can't get any balls to get placed into the plunger automatically, i.e. I can't play the game because no balls are able to make it onto the playfield. This is my BIGGEST problem right now, for obvious reasons.
The other two issues (so far) are smaller in that the latches to remove the bar are SUPER-TIGHT, very very hard to unlatch for some reason. Also, one of the pop bumpers isn't lighting up, but I assume that's just a bulb issue.
Thanks for any advice![quoted image]

I would immediately switch out the balls as instructed above.

Also try to calibrate the xenomorph in settings before you get too far.

1 week later
#10335 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is the ring set the same for the LV as the Standard ? I’m in the middle of ordering titans for another pin and wanted to add in a set for our Alien .Also does anyone have pictures of light blue rings on they’re LV installed ?

They will be exactly the same.

#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Anyone know if Pinball Bros. is or would consider allowing for 10 letter high score entries like on Sterns instead of juat 3 letter initials? I like 10 letter a lot more as I enter my name along with the month I achieved the score. Seems like it would be a really easy thing to add to any code update.

That seems like it would be an easy and welcome upgrade. I second the motion!

#10549 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:Odd place to get a ball stuck.
[quoted image]

That has happened to me often enough that I need to make a protector to prevent it. You are not alone.

#10613 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Raise your hand if you have successfully ran an led strip for the 2D translite out of the USB connection in the head without issue. Or scream at me for considering to attempt it,

I have 4 strips running out of mine for months with no issue

#10644 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Who sells the mod that directs the ball from the pops to the upper right flipper?

applejuice

1 week later
#10824 1 year ago

Only need 3 more ratings for the LV to get it on the map. Let’s get this game up there in the rankings where it belongs.

3 more!!

#10826 1 year ago

Now just 1 left! Any LV owners that haven’t rated the game yet, please do.

#10856 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Small round magnet that screws into the tip of the extension of the Xenomorph -- that extends out to grab the ball and start multi-ball -- has come off.
Please, how/where in the audit menu can I test the feature, so that the extension sticks out of the Xenomorph mech allowing me to screw it back on.
Apologize in advance if the answer is obvious.

Dan,

In Tests I believe(sorry at work) you should be able to test the xenomorph mech. I couldn't get the tongue to stay out while the machine was on, so switched off the power when extended to work on it.

#10904 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I may not be 100% on this, but i beleive it refers to a mod for the ball guide in the upper right part of playfield near the chest burster target by pops... It narrows the gap in that lane to allow for more magnetic reed switch hits to trigger upper right magnet? I think there was someone on here making/selling. Someone correct me if i am wrong with the name.

Yes you are right. His name is applejuice

#10958 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This is why I am still on 2.7 and haven't upgraded yet to 3.0. I wanted to make sure there weren't bugs and/or lockup issues.
Are others experiencing any issues on 3.0 or is this more of an aberration?

Quoted from brado426:

I don't think his issue has anything to do with 3.0. I have absolutely zero issues with 3.0. ZERO!!!
And I don't understand the reluctance to upgrade to at least see if it helps. You can always downgrade back to 2.7 easily.

I've still had issues on 3.0. I rebuilt my machine back to 2.2 as I was still having game freezes after upgrade. I still have game freezes and have had the game freeze with a ball in the scoop as described above(only once). All that being said, it does seem to be more solid that 2.7 in my experience. I've had my game on for over 24 hours and it is still working and able to start a game. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that. I've grown so used to shutting the game off at night. I'd be nice to not to have that concern anymore.

#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Do you have an early machine? What revision of Board 6 do you have? I only suspect Board 6 because I had an issue on my early revision machine and had similar problems like the ones you are describing. After replacing Board 6, all my issues were resolved.

I’m LV 48. I’ve had some strange issues from the beginning. My right post doesn’t activate properly in game and never has. Originally my right orbit had never registered in some 300 games. We replaced boards 9 and 10 to get the eddy sensors working correctly.

I’d love to replace a single board and get rid of these phantom issues. Picture attached.

3A936952-0A29-4B57-B018-2D42755CF484 (resized).jpeg3A936952-0A29-4B57-B018-2D42755CF484 (resized).jpeg
#10964 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have Rev. D Board 6 now and it has been solid... When your game freezes, take note of which LEDs are freezing... ALL LEDs? If only some LEDs, take note of which boards have the stuck LEDs, because some boards are linked together and that may be a clue of which board is causing you issues. When I had my board 6 issue, all LEDs after board 6 on the network cable chain, including AMMO level indicators and all LEDs on board 1 (and trough switches).
When you get a crash, be sure to make a log file and create a ticket for pinball brothers. When I've done this, PB has always been able to figure out what the problem was and fix it.

Game is actually frozen right now.

They only boards with leds on underneath are 6 and 8

4010F821-9B9B-495F-8C97-16090456C1F5 (resized).jpeg4010F821-9B9B-495F-8C97-16090456C1F5 (resized).jpegDC68CA45-6537-4699-99AF-A18C6584BA1A (resized).jpegDC68CA45-6537-4699-99AF-A18C6584BA1A (resized).jpeg
#10966 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm talking about the LEDs on top of the playfield when it freezes. Take those logs and submit them. That will help to isolate the issue.

Every light on top of the playfield is stuck on when it froze.

#10994 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Working on a deal for an LV. This game looks amazing and the theme is ideal for pinball. Just a little concerned. I have Halloween and TNA, and am dealing with some typical issues with those, although I really enjoy both games. Am I asking for trouble with Alien, or totally worth the hiccups? It sounds like PB are standing behind their game. That’s encouraging.

It’s worth the hiccups. I’m used to working on games and having both TBL and JJP POTC I am very familiar with difficult games. The “fixes” on Alien are much less cumbersome than removing upper playfields and some of the more involved processes of the other games mentioned. And like those 2 games I’m very happy that I’ve stuck with them as the experience is worth the price of admission. I say this even though my game is still not 100%. The difference with Alien is that I truly do not doubt that everything will be addressed and my issues will be resolved.

#11028 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

That may have been true at one time, but that is no longer the case. I've not had a single problem with my machine on V3.0 in a month now. That is unprecedented. If someone is still having some lockup issues, it is likely not the code that is the problem.

Not to be a downer here, but there still is problem with the code. I gave my logs yesterday and was told they are aware there is still a lock up issue and they are working on it. These issues haven't disappeared with 3.0 update for everyone. I'm glad your game is 100% but there are some of us who are not having the same trouble-free experience.

#11031 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Well that's surprising.... maybe different revision playfield boards or something? Somethings different because mine has been rock solid stable... and it wasn't before 3.0.

When we looked at this the other day I confirmed I had Rev D boards, the same as you. I may have some other item that is older, but everything on my game is up to date (as far as I know) from targets to boards.

#11047 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop

How can none of those commenting not notice the connection that once the game hit #1, hit facebook, hit Kaneda's page, that the temporary spotlight caused others to assassinate the ratings on this game? This isn't because people feel so strongly in their opinion. I'm guessing a large portion of the low reviews have never even played the game.

I maybe different but I don't review a game I'm not familiar with. There are a ton of games I've walked away from disappointed, not knowing what others see in it, then come back months later and have one good ball and love the damn thing. I can't make a good judgement call on a pin after 10 plays. I haven't experienced enough or learned the game enough to make that judgement. Alien took me much more than 10 games to get the feel for it. I didn't really enjoy the game at all for the first month. That had nothing to do with any issues plaguing the game either. It just took me awhile to understand the flow, prevent the drains, start using the weapons correctly, and truly understand and be immersed in what the game was trying to accomplish.

#11053 1 year ago
Quoted from jered:

Hey all, just got my LV last weekend and really enjoying it so far.
A couple of questions that hopefully aren’t too common by now, this thread was too big to go through extensively!
1. Is there an option or mod for double contact flipper switches, i.e. being able to flip one or both flippers on a side depending on pressure/depression. I find that the upper left flipper exposes the drain more than I’d like, and a few shots are made much more difficult without better flipper control, in particular when trying to capture balls with the flippers. Maybe this is completely by design and I’m just not used to it yet.
2. Is there any capability for user-modified art, sound and music assets? Like if they’re just files somewhere on the storage system? I get that licensing probably prevented PBB from getting a lot of the iconic likenesses and music… but there’s nothing preventing us end users from adding them
Regardless, I’m loving the game and they really nailed the theme and atmosphere of both movies.

1. It is in the software and physically wired, just not enabled yet. It is coming though.

2. Let me know if you figure this out!!

#11096 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I will. Just curious, how many out there are experiencing lockups? Typically how long is the game on when it occurs?... or is it just random?

Completely random. I’ve had my game on for several days and walked up to it and started a game, no issues. I’ve also walked away from a live game and came back 20 minutes later to a freeze. I’ve seen no common thread so far. 1 player, 2 player, game on or sitting idle…it just happens..

As a reminder I do not have early boards or a first run game, my game has the same components as those just coming off the line.

PB also acknowledges that this issue does exist and is still actively being worked on. I say that so people can stop starting that the game freezes are a one-off or just prone to early adopters. It is a real issue and it still needs a fix.

#11101 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Yes, I am on FW .56, so maybe it is an issue with .57 firmware or something. Only PB knows for sure.
Same here... I had major problems with Board 6 with my early game. Replacing Board 6 with a Rev D version completely fixed my issues.

Now that would made sense. I have an LV with new boards and have always had problems. Granted most of the issues I had originally have disappeared but the freezing has plagued the game throughout.

I hope it is that simple and then can see what in the LV firmware is causing the issue.

#11145 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks! A lot easier than I thought!

You can slide out the entire tongue gear once you remove the top metal bracket underneath the molded head. My bracket was incredibly loose and causing problems with the tongue retraction and dropping the ball in the mouth during MB. Once I tightened that bracket the whole mech is much quieter and works with more consistency.

There really needs to be a tech guide made for this game similar to TBL. So many of us are experiencing the same issue across several months/year span and seek out the same answers.

4D0B5AAD-503F-4C7D-872E-C14E0960A3AA (resized).jpeg4D0B5AAD-503F-4C7D-872E-C14E0960A3AA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11268 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

to stop it from resting in this postion......
ill see....

This is what I had to do. Just bent up the switch arm to provide enough tension to keep it level. I couldn’t get it right any other way.

#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

They sent mine out pretty quick .The one sent seemed much more sturdy .

I got a replacement and and it snapped while putting it on. Same exact craftsmanship in my experience. I just zip tied and moved on. I’ve had much bigger Issues to tackle with my game.

All that to say they will definitely get you one out quickly.

#11294 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Joining the club shortly. Swapped a nice Theatre of magic for an SV.
Looking forward to having another widebody in the house, everyone loves a fat bottomed girl.

Welcome aboard Punkin! It’s a damn good game.

#11340 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I've read through a few of the tongue switch issues where it won't retract far enough to force release the ball from the tongue due to a misadjusted switch. I went into test mode and did the calibrate and also removed the upper head and checked the switch by hand and it is o.k. and seems adjusted properly. What I'm seeing is that the geared rod seems to seize up just before it reaches the point where the switch should slide into the valley. I think it's a mechanical issue. I'm going dismount the entire mech and get a better look tomorrow when my eyes are a little fresher, but wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with the tongue rod binding toward the end of travel going back into xeno's head. It seems to extend just fine, although I also noticed the rod seems to dip downward a tad as it extends outward (but I think it may have always done this), almost like there is some slack/play in the superior/inferior plane of the rod somewhere.
Thanks!
Yopp

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I've had nightmares about that xeno tongue mech... Seriously the noise it makes at startup when it calibrates itself is like nails down a chalkboard.

Quoted from Baggerman:

there is a hex type nut on the gear itself to lock the gear to motor... in earlier threads there was a post about ensuring that this nut is tight on flat part of shaft . Slippage can cause this issue. Since you are taking it apart, dont forget to check this out.

I had the same issues and removed the mech to investigate. That screw on mine was correctly located and the switch seemed to be functioning and located correctly. What I did find out was the metal bracket pictured below was remarkably loose. After tightening the noise from my xeno mech is maybe half and eliminated the problem as well.
2BC590CF-3847-4CE4-BA48-FECE2E3C01D6 (resized).png2BC590CF-3847-4CE4-BA48-FECE2E3C01D6 (resized).png

#11384 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I prepping for the arrival of my Alien LV tomorrow who here suggests nabbing pinstadium for the LV or is the side blade lighting more than enough to brighten the playfield up a bit.

You don’t need it on the LV.

1 week later
#11520 1 year ago

If I could fucking hug you all I would! This FIXED IT!!!!!! I used a paint pen for all three and once dried and after 5 games as well as testing the optos they all work 100%. I am sure someone has already however I would let Mezel Mod know that this mod needs further modification as its obvious I was not the only one. I absolutely love this community and this game! I will let PB support know asap that I am good to go.
One question, for the pop bumpers should I raise the power of them so that when the ball enters it actually gets knocked around as right now it can be a bot lackluster when the ball enters the pops.
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

I don’t think that’s the issue. You need to tighten the gap on the switch beneath the pop bumper to make it more responsive. Sounds be an 1/8” between the metal blades. If it’s more than that it will effect the sensitivity and responsiveness of the pops.

#11523 1 year ago

I again just have to comment how kick ass PB support is, as before I could email them that my original problem was corrected, they emailed me letting me know they "heard" i got it fixed and that I may want to get the pop bumpers moving more. They then sent a link to a video on doing what you just suggested to do! I put PB support up there with spooky and JJP. I originally was nervous to nab a Alien due to some of the challenges and was not sure how support was. THis community let me know it was rock solid and they were not lying. Keep up the great work PB support team!

Glad you got it figured out!

#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Randomly my hypersleep lock is not registering. Is that an opto? It does 3 ball searches then just ends ball. Also in attract mode the hypersleep lock mech is popping up and down a few times (like in a test mode almost). Any ideas? Thanks

There are optos. I would check them first. Make sure none are unplugged from the board underneath. Can also put in switch edge mode and move your finger in front of each opto to see if it’s reading them.

#11587 1 year ago

This ball trap happens too often. Maybe 1 in 5 games. Need to figure out how to cover this area or what makes mine different from others.

5B625C54-E149-449D-9C18-F5571BF2CCF6 (resized).png5B625C54-E149-449D-9C18-F5571BF2CCF6 (resized).png
#11593 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How/where is the ball getting airborne? Are the orbit up-posts flush with the PF?

My up posts are replacements from PB as the originals were magnetized. These are shorter and sure 1/4” below flush when fully raised from beneath. I had this issue before switching posts though as well.

#11608 1 year ago

Staged fucking flippers!!! Finally!! This is awesome!!

#11609 1 year ago

Staged fucking flippers!!! Finally!! This is awesome!!

Please read above.... Staged Motherfucking flippers..... must update firmware to .71. I was still on .57. Just search firmware on the pb freshdesk page and it will take you right to it..

Staged

Fucking

Flippers

!!!

#11612 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's funny I did search firmware and came up with nada.

Quoted from Zablon:

It's funny I did search firmware and came up with nada.

Zablon but did you hear about the Staged flippers? This is the most excited I've been for pinball in awhile. This will totally change the game up. Thanks PB! Going to need to increase the spacing on the leaf switches to make it a little more controllable.

Excited also to see if I lose some of my booting problems on the new firmware. I (among others of course) would love if I could just leave my game on and walk up and not worry about restarting it, or black screens...I'm hoping we are there.

#11624 1 year ago

Any LV owners with issues? My slings are going nuts. Once fired, they keep firing as it the leaf is stuck. Weird shit. I'm adjusting the leaf switch but nothing has changed in that regard minus the code update.

#11636 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

curious on update order, do you usually do firmware then software, or the other way around for PB machines?

Doesn’t matter. I did software then firmware.

#11676 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I recorded my settings then did a factory reset, followed by updating the f/w and then the s/w, then reapplied my settings (lower power on the left eject, trough and plunger). Initial games were all fine.
Xeno magnet is catching the ball but I now have the ball is not releasing in the Xeno mouth, I tried calibrating but still an issue. I think the issue might be the set screw of the gear onto the drive shaft might have come loose and allowing the gear to slip.
I switched to staged flippers but discovered my right upper flipper switch isn't being detected. Seems the solder joint under the heat shrink is the issue.
So a few things to address but these aren't associated with doing the upgrade

Not sure if your xeno issue is the same, but mine will not even pull the ball inside the mouth (occasionally), but hangs outside and stays that way until the game resets. Calibrates just fine, doesn't happen each Amubush, but keeps happening. This has to be code related as it never existed before. I used to have the ball remain in the mouth occasionally, but never had a problem of it not entering the mouth at all once grabbed.

#11683 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

After factory reset, the first tongue action worked in multiball. Second game and the tongue wont retread again... unplayable this way.

Thanks for confirming this as I was about to go through the process myself this morning. How frustrating!

#11799 1 year ago

For others that updated to 3.1 and have the xeno mouth closing on the tongue issue, are you sharing logs and communicating with PB? When I brought it up Shawn seemed surprised that I was experiencing this issue. Several people have reported the same problem.

#11806 1 year ago

If someone has the 2.6 update file can you please send me the link? The link I have is expired.

#11836 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

What about the standup target lights that are left unplugged from the factory? Should I plug them in now on this newest LV software/firmware update? I know plugging them in doesn’t “hurt” anything but I guess I was waiting for them to get coded into the game before messing with it.

Yes. Plug them in.

#11871 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

The software update page states 3.0, 0.71 and 3.1- https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/80000525388
Are you supposed to update system to 3.0 and then 3.1? There are no instructions on this point. I installed 3.1 which bricked my menu switches that don't respond now.

This is only in reference to my LV, but speaks to the proper install/rebuild sequence for LV owners. After doing this a few days ago I have not had anymore Xeno tongue problems or boot problems. Game has been on for over 24 hours with no hiccups (fingers crossed.)

If your on 3.1 and having problems you need to follow this sequence

Rebuild to 2.2 then do the following updates, 2.6 (absolutely necessary for LV owners), then update to 3.0, then 3.1. If you've already updated your firmware to .71 it will stay there throughout the process. I had accidentally rebuilt the game at 2.8 which caused all types of problems.

2.2 > 2.6 > 3.0 > 3.1

#11890 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This is up and nothing is responding .I’m guessing pull usb then reboot ?
[quoted image]

I’m guessing should be trying to do a software update not a firmware. Make sure what fine you are trying to upload first

Also I’ve always used the USB in the head of the machine/back box, but not sure it really matters

#11904 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My machine came at 3.0 and firmware at .57 is it safe to update the 3.1 based on your post? Is the problem people were having if they weren’t updating the right code from the right code if that makes any sense?

Yes. But you need to update the firmware to .71 to enjoy the improvements of 3.1. Just search firmware on their freshdesk page to get the link. One doesn't work without the other.

#11934 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The only issue I’m having after updating both code and firmware after seven games is that in two games the right sling fired uncontrollably 40 or 50 times. I haven’t noticed any other issue it seems to be working flawlessly except that. Has anyone else noticed this problem I already reported a possible bug.

You need to regap the leaf switch. I had the same issue and thought it was code but my contacts had just gotten too close together over time/gameplay.

#11941 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

OK I don’t need a gapper tool I can just do that by hand? Thanks guys!

You can do it by hand if you have to. A leaf tool is definitely worth having at the house though. The two nubs on the leaf blades should be 1/8” apart. Make sure your looking at that distance when the rubber has tension against it to get your spacing accurate.

#11948 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve just changed the settings on the flippers to stage but it seems they stage the wrong way around. Is this normal or have my switches been connected the wrong way around?

Is it both flippers or just the right flipper that seems backwards?

#12006 1 year ago
Quoted from Derekk:

I updated to the new 3.1 and 7.1 code lats week. I have had 2 issues with the xeonpmorph tongue will not retract on ambush mode and at a different time. Only thing I could do is turn the game off and restart to fix issue. Im not going to down grade back to previous codes or firmware just waiting for another code update to fix the issue.

Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Did you do a firmware reset?

I had my first (since rebuilding my game from 2.2-2.6-3.0-3.1) instance of the same after several days without issue. This is the longest I've ever had the game without having any black screen issues or game freezes. The ony reason I needed to restart was due to the tongue issue mentioned about. Please send those logs to PB when these issues happen. As Shawn instructed me, hit the launch button 15 times right before you save you debug log as it will help them find the exact spot in the game where the issue occurred. Highly suggest others do the same.

#12019 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Oh I thought your rebuild fixed the Xeno ball release issue.
Seems like there's a few of us with this issue on the new code - while the tongue works perfectly without the ball attached, it stops short when it's caught the ball. I suspect that the new code (in making it quieter and faster) has reduced the torque, such that as the tongue retracts with the ball it no longer has the power required to pull the tongue off the ball. Given the tongue has a permanent magnet, it's possible that the magnets in our machines are slightly stronger than what other's have and combined with the new code we are now seeing this issue.
I have the issue logged with PB support but haven't provided logs so will do this. BTW does yours ever manage to release the ball - since the upgrade mine never does

I had been error free for 5 days maybe after the rebuild. This is the first reoccurrence and only issue I’ve had since. Once this happens though the tongue stays out until you go into actions and do a test or reset the game. It will not fix itself. This is 1 out of maybe 30 ambush sequences though. Before the rebuild this happened almost every game.

#12049 1 year ago
Quoted from gum:

Just updated mine SW 3.1 and FW 0.71 and my playfield screen is not working.
Backbox screen is fine. Have checked cabling and rebooted several times and everything appears fine
except for the playfield screen

I had that issue before rebuilding my game from 2.2 >2.6>3.0>3.1.

Haven’t had a game freeze or screen boot issue since. Make sure you go back to 2.2 >2.6 (same sequence above)as just going back to 2.8 will cause screen booting issues.

#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Really getting close to trading or buying into an Alien SE or LV..My main preference is the LV, as it just looks SO much nicer with the 'better' artwork...Asking if those who bought an SE wished they had gotten an LV? Or any LV owners don't really think the art package, shaker motor, beacons (come on, lit art blades?!) are worth the extra coin? I'm not a big ALIEN fan, but I'm a huge ALIENS fan I want to make the right choice the first goaround!

I like the LV art better but the big difference is the lit side blades. SV is just too dark to enjoy in my opinion. If I had an SV I’d be purchasing pin stadiums. Much rather have the lights already part of the game then having to deal with that. Staged flippers and lit weapons targets will or do have a workaround for SV owners, shaker will be the same eventually.

Happy LV owner

#12206 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well the game just reset I haven’t started a new game yet but I don’t know how to download the log to anything how do you do that?

As they instructed me, hit the plunge button 15 times right after the issue then go into settings and export your log onto a a sd card. Those plunge button hits will make it easy to identify when the issue occurred.

#12286 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Updated tonight, went ok, LV Xeno is much more quiet. Shaker not yet, just shorter. But won't bother me that much. About 2 stage flippers, it works but the right flipper the above flipperbat goes first and then the below. I woudl like that reversed to make the ramp shot from the right flipper without blocking it with the other flipperbat. Is that fixable? do I need to rewire the switch?

Also make sure your auto plunger isn’t pressing against your right leaf switch. I have to move my playfield over semi often as it will work it’s way against the flipper leaf switch and cause problems.

#12343 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Been lots of chatter on here about the hypersleep
Chamber shot. Yes I’ve only made that shot like 3 times. I went back and read some older posts. If I understood those posts properly it seems my flipper is to far forward? Here is now it came from the factory.
[quoted image]

Yours is too far toward. Mine is lined up perfectly with the ball guide above it, which puts the end of your flipper about dead center of the post beneath it. That’s why they put that post there so you weren’t dead ending the bottom of the flipper.

#12361 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having some issues:
- sometimes the game boots, and the main screen flickers ( have to power down).
- sometimes the small screen gets stuck on the command prompt boot screen (have to power down).
- if you leave the game on for a while, you can't start a game. Everything seems to be working, but you can't play it.
Any ideas?
Do I need to update software?

After rebuilding and updating to 3.1 I’ve gotten to 99% stability. I suggest rebuilding from 2.2>2.6>3.0>3.1

This solved almost all my issues. Game is the most stable it has ever been.

#12365 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes I’ve had some code glitches a few times but otherwise it’s been pretty stable at 3.1. How many people are having issues with the Xeno tongue staying out and not going back? PB Support said they were having trouble getting enough information about that issue since it’s not happening very often to lock it down and fix it. Please if anyone experiences that send in a bug report I hadn’t done one for that and I wish I had it hasn’t happened in quite a few games.

I’ve sent in a few reports from my experience with that issue. It’s random but still occurs. We can’t be the only ones. I’m sure it’s happening across the board.

#12414 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So is this something I can fix with a software update?
[quoted image]

I had that same problem before I did a rebuild. Has not happened again since.

I had that issue when I rebuilt to 2.8, that’s what caused the screen flicker.

If doing a rebuild for the LV here is the correct sequence:

2.2>2.6 ( mandatory for lv)>3.0>3.1

I’ve been pretty rock solid since

#12492 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks for saying that I need them .We play this more than our other pins and we’re well out of the honeymoon stage .It’s so damn exiting when you get on a good roll .I’ve only had about a dozen games over 350 mil with the highest being 690 but I wonder now how much better the score will be with the fans .It’s just unreal how we can spend 10k plus on these things and still have to throw another 1-2k in to make them look/play like they’re price tag imo .But hey , that’s pinball

$160 is totally worth it for this game and the improvement they provide.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1391-ravspec/07046-extended-play-coil-coolers-pinball-brothers-alien

I'm having much more trouble stomaching the $1000 apron and all the BS I've had to go through to get that fitted and working. The fans was an easy yes.

#12518 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I have a cool unique SV now thanks to paulbaptise for selling me his old beacon lights.
Thanks Nick!
[quoted image]

Happy to help! That’s a great looking machine!

#12525 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

The good news is the 2-stage flippers work on my Alien LV. The bad news is the upper flipper fires first so it appears they are wired incorrectly. Before I ask PB support, I wanted to see if anyone here has a best suggestion to correct this? Not sure if it's easiest to switch the wires (guessing they are soldered on) or if there is a simpler solution. Pic of right flipper stack attached (looks like they have collected some dust!).
Side note: That locking nut that holds the green flipper in place recently just fell out. Just a heads up in case you start playing a game and your flipper fires once and stays stuck in the up position. Was obviously a quick fix...but that did surprise me a bit.
Side note #2: I love the game....absolutely dig it. But I keep chasing down issues so it's admittedly bumming me out a bit. I'm still working on fixing my Xeno - won't pull the ball into the mouth so Ambush MB is messed up (I posted recently on it). PB support is fantastic so I'm going to keep working through fixes so I can get this beast back to where it should be.
[quoted image]

There were quite a few people who thought the save but just had to adjust their lead switches. Dig through post/images on this thread as it’s been documented.

#12576 1 year ago
Quoted from Vegasbills:

On my brand new alien lv when i leave it on every few hours all the playfield lights lock up and the video continues to play but the coin door buttons start ect do nothing and i have to power cycle the machine. any others have this issue?

What software are you on? I haven’t had that issue in a month or longer. I haven’t had any lockup since 3.0 I believe.

#12603 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Joined the club yesterday. Wow, beautiful, tons of smooth shots, immersive, amazing sound & video, brutal… What’s not to love.
Earned the coveted end position in my row of wide bodies.
Lucky so far. Had to reboot on startup once in about 20 games. Otherwise is playing perfect.
Have apron, tracker and 3D translite mods and a few other bits already on the way. Didn’t think I’d want to mess with the beacons but they look dinky in person. Hopefully they’ll make another run of the larger ones.
Only surprise is no Mylar on dark, gorgeous playfield. So waxed and added laminating film in all the necessary places. Also need to add staged flipper switch on right - normally don’t like modifying design elements but this is clearly a miss.
[quoted image]

You should already have staged flippers, just need set up in the menu. They won't work unless you are on the latest software and firmware though.

#12619 1 year ago

I’m having problems with my ball launch. I don’t feel any broken welds or rough parts on the wire form. I’ve changed the coil, sleeves and plunger….It will plunge fine 10 times in a row, then during a mode it may be unable to get the ball up to the playfield for 10minutes. ..

Bracket is tight to playfield. Not sure what else to look at but have isn’t really playable as is. Attached picture of placement for comparison. Too high? Too low??

A076A1B4-5BB1-4741-B51C-56480A52683C (resized).jpegA076A1B4-5BB1-4741-B51C-56480A52683C (resized).jpeg
#12621 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

is there any slop where the coil sits? ...if its just even a little loose...it diminishes the power transfered to the ball

Everything is tight. Coil and bracket.

#12623 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I never looked at mine before and it’s interestingly pretty far right. Never have a problem with my ball launch though. I turned it down 20% because that was still plenty and why slam the ball up there.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for that. Mines up 50% and struggles. Strange thing is it’s inconsistent. Will hit really hard and then suddenly can’t get up for 10 minutes. I’m curious if others are off center as well.

#12625 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Have you taken the plunger out of the coil? I wonder if there’s a set screw that’s loose, or a spring that’s not seated correctly

Replaced everything but the bracket. Everything is tight and moves cleanly

#12628 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I found these pics of Alien SV shooter lanes in the market archives. The only thing that stands out to me is the coil sleeve on all these extends to the end of the rod and yours seems shorter.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good observation!

#12632 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Have you recently updated code?

It’s been sporadic over the past few updates just gotten worse. I think it’s the sleeve or orientation of the mech, not the code.

#12634 1 year ago

Thanks for the help everyone. Put a slightly longer coil sleeve on and replaced the spring. So far so good!

#12641 1 year ago

Thanks for the help everyone. Put a slightly longer coil sleeve on and replaced the spring. So far so good!

Take it all back. Two games later ambush cannot get a ball up the wire form. No idea. Unless there is something in the wire form affecting it that I can’t see. Super discouraging.

#12648 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This game is really growing inside me . I've just been negotiating to upgrade to an LV. Swapping 2 Bally/Williams machines to do it.
Now that i have learned mostly what to go for in the modes, if not the multis, and can get 50-80m on my better games and reach into the second game i am enjoying it much more.
It IS a very good machine, but maybe not for the casual player.

I agree there. It took me several weeks to really get a feel for the game and have everything work together and click, but once it does it’s incredible. Using the weapons at the right time to prolong your game and get deeper into the code is what really makes the difference (to me). When you can pull that off correctly it makes an huge difference.

#12652 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ahhh cool, i do think i got that once then. I knew i had not got much further than just edging into the next game and had not been all the way through. I figured out the life cycle thing watching a mate play the other day, but have not actively chased it yet.
Got a super jackpot as i drained my last ball on ambush/sentry stack the other day, but no idea how i did that.

Save Newt is fun! It's definitely worth chasing. I've had the game long enough that I "kinda" have a route that I chase. I get the orbits consistently to light the LV and get the playfield multiplier up. Then if playing Aliens (which I'm playing 95% of the time) I try to get both ambush and sentry guns ready to go and then get into Queens Nest- get both of those multiball's going and just keep going back to the pops...Will blow up your game.

Watched the wife play queens nest last night, without multiballs going, and she went from 7 million to 160 million in that ball. Great potential for hight scores in that mode.

#12707 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have asked this several times as well and have given up, must be a secret.

There are several photos posted in this thread. It's no secret. We need to do better at marking key posts like this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/240#post-7312073

4c1681bd38ab85b152726d0c41c6182045f0f893 (resized).png4c1681bd38ab85b152726d0c41c6182045f0f893 (resized).png836084fbc5dbbc5101fa8c1e0116de20931580c4 (resized).png836084fbc5dbbc5101fa8c1e0116de20931580c4 (resized).png
#12717 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hey all searched the thread and found that the correct blades for this machine are Bally/Williams, but couldn't see if they need to be modified to fit with the LV side rail lighting?
haven't seen the LV in person yet, so don't know, but if someone has put standard B/W blades on an LV, did you have to modify them?

The entire side blade of the LV is lit, with an image underneath the plastic. You wouldn't want to cover that up with anything.

#12753 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So I printed this deflector out...did a fit test...this does not fit this location...fyi
[quoted image]

Measure the distance between your screws and then scale the drawing appropriately.

#12756 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Deal has gone through for my LV. I'm excited. Restored Taxi and Spy Hunter leaving, LV coming in with 50 plays.

Congrats! She’ll be a beauty. The extra lighting on the LV is so awesome and necessary. I found it hard to enjoy the standard without additional lighting.

#12767 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m trying to search this thread for Vent 3 fix if there is one .Any help would be appreciated .I’m not registering that shot much at all kinda like the same shot in Rush but Ninjas fix worked 100% .

First go into switch test and roll your ball and forth through that loop to see if it registers. If not you can look underneath.

They use Eddy switches that are mounted directly beneath the playfield. You need to verify if that switch is registering the ball. You can remove the board and switch and pass your finger over it to see if the light recognizes it.

#12801 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

I received shipment yesterday. Holy shitballs! This game is the shit. Every time I walk away to grab another beer I am laughing out loud. Looks like I will need to adjust the spinners as they are rejecting the ball! Played about 20 games and everything else seems legit. LV-353.

Congratulations! You should be able to find lots of tips and discussion in this thread about the spinners. Lot of us owners had the same problem. I recommend trimming or filing down the wire gate on the right side spinner. This will stop it from hitting and getting stuck on the plastic underneath. The Left just takes a little bending to get balanced and then potentially bending up your switch arm to hold the spinner upright when not in use.

Enjoy your new game!

#12814 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

About that vent 3 ,lower loop issue I’m having .In test mode the upper loop is making the switch but the lower loop is not .Just tracing it to the backside it’s in this area but as of now I don’t see any wires loose that would connect there and it is labeled “spare opto “.I’m not quite sure what the Eddy switches look like .To Paul Baptise ,did you mean take board 8 apart and it’s sandwiched between the board and bottom of the playfield ? Any help much appreciated as I’m finally grasping 80%-90% of this 8th wonder and I’m chomping at the bits haha
[quoted image]

Mageek second picture is what you need to be looking for. If you removed the board from the playfield and pass the ball above that eddy switch. You will see it light up to recognize the ball. If it doesn't, it's not working. These switches are counter sunk into the playfield so the top nub of that switch can sense when a ball is rolling over it.

Eddy Switch (resized).pngEddy Switch (resized).png
#12818 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So I should probably see if it’s mounted too low ? Maybe raise it up and if that doesn’t work put the ticket in .Does that sound right ?

I would run my ball above it and see if it lights up. Granted be careful with this as the game would need to be on and in switch test for it to read. If it doesn't light up, nor read on the screen, then open a ticket. They are cut into the playfield so that they will reach the balls when they pass over them.

#12820 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

That feature could easily be added to the apron firmware. Currently, the strobe (flasher) runs all throughout the multiball mode. But we could add an option to the software that would cause it only to strobe when Xeno is doing its thing. This feature would require the AUX Board 10 (Xeno) add-on though. If this feature is desired by at couple people other than myself, I'd do it. Personally, I think it might be pretty cool to only see the strobing while Xeno is eating the ball.

I think that would be a cool, isolating effect. I'd be all for it.

#12876 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I am interested in making a face hugger wireform mod for Alien. Possibly other mods concerning ramp or wireforms. Is there any difference with ramp or returns betwen the sv and lv? Thanks for any input.

None at all. Excited to see what you come up with!

#12913 1 year ago

In the club! I will start its own topic soon, but a sneak peak of next wireform mod. I need to plate the tail nex. And I am working on it being animated swinging over playfield. Awesome game! And it needs to look more menacing. The tail will extend over the pops to the head. I want it to look like its attacking you with the tail.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Liking what I’m seeing so far! Glad you joined our ranks!

#12921 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

That's great news. Did they say when it's targeted for release?

I’m testing the alpha version and have not had the black screen issue at all. Tongue seems to work excellent as well. Not sure any public release timing.

#12946 1 year ago

3.2 kept my high scores as well! Super gratefull for that one. NO problems whatsoever so far.

#12981 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Hey quick question. The very few times I hit the hyper chamber shot about half the time it recognizes and the other times it just sits in there. When the ball search happens it does not release it from the chamber and have to take off the glass and manually lift it to release the ball. Anyone have any suggestions.

You need to put in switch test mode and put a ball/s in the hypersleep chamber and see if the optos are working.

#13016 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t remember any info on this but is it OK to now connect all the target light cables ? I’m playing now and just got finished with installs ,cleaning etc but I noticed I must have plugged one in ,the target to the right of Zeno , and I see that one lighting up under the target and the light on the insert seems to be changing more colors than the others .Please let me know if anyone has info on this

Yes. Plug them all in!

#13090 1 year ago

The last thing I will post over here is the play video, but I just wanted to show the design I will be going with. It is all stainless steel including the tail to behind head. I have to redo rear tail, but I worked out a improved mechanism. There are 2 bearings pressed into it. One at tip of the tail and one at tail pivot. It passes the low ball speed test! And I added acid burns on support plating.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Getting better and better. Looking forward to the final results!!

#13123 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It seems to have game revision 2.5 does that mean i have to take extra steps to udate code and build it up to something? Or can i put 3.2 and .71 straight in on top of it?
Also, i did a thread search, but you can imagine how many hits i got when one of my keywords was flipper.
Thais thing has the flippers knocked down when hit with the ball. is that just a switch adjustment, or is there a recommended fix i'm not seeing for this?

Do not jump straight ahead. You need to do 2.6 first as it has mosts of the LV enhancements on that update. Then you can jump up to 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 etc. Don't pass over 2.6. You will also need to update to .71 firmware once you get to 3.1 to take advantage of the staged flippers and quieter xeno mech.

#13124 1 year ago

Do not jumps straight ahead. You need to do 2.6 first as it has mosts of the LV enhancements on that update. Then you can jump up to 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 etc. Don't pass over 2.6.

That sounds like you don't have any hold power. I'm not sure if that's adjustable in settings? See if you can up your hold power for those coils (whichever effected) in the settings menu.

#13127 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, it looks a bit funny the rev, not the same as on my SV.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Hardware .02 Firmaware .57
[quoted image]
The PB website does not seem to have the 2.6 where the other downloads are showing, is it somewhere else?

The link Shawn sent me has expired. I'd email him for a link. He is very responsive and can get it to you quickly.

3 weeks later
#13462 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think its been mentioned on here before - but is it confirmed that pulling power from the CPU USB port is a no-no? I want to just add some 5v LED lighting and it would just be super easy to use the USB port?

No harm in that at all. Your totally fine.

#13465 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

This is a disputed topic. I would highly recommend not using the USB for power. Multiple people have reported that they have experienced problems when doing so. Not worth the risk.

And there is probably 10 times the amount of people plugged into it right now with no problems. I don’t vividly remember each post here but honestly don’t recall anyone having an actual issue from plugging in led lights to the USB. I’ve literally done that on almost every game I own and have never had an issue.

You make your own choices of course. You do you.

#13514 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Maybe best to ask folks what they would like before spending many hours on a stab in the dark? Being real.

Unnecessary feedback. You don’t have to speak everything that comes to mind. Sometimes it’s just rude and contributes nothing to the conversation.

#13516 1 year ago

You do not know how much I appreciate that. I was typing out a responce to his post and your post came up. As I said I am in a creative funk and sometimes just doing crazy funky stuff gets me out of it. Reading his post did not help. I will just keep the crazy builds to myself going forward and delete the previous one. Thanks for saying what I felt.

Loganpinball

Dude! Keep pushing the bar! I love what you’re doing. But everything is not for everyone else. Do what makes you happy. I appreciate you sharing your successes and failures. You are actively contributing to this hobby while others can sit behind a keyboard and talk shit and tear down…. While you are building…. You are building… keep building!

Unrelated but I’m a building a pin in my basement and need to hit you up on some wire forms soon. I struggle with hand making them and I’m not getting better. You have a talent!

#13519 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yeah, I said that with the best intentions..the 'being real' was probably a late night response on my phone, and people took it wrong (because I don't like texting long stuff on my phone). I said that because Loganpinball sells his stuff; I didn't want him to exhaust his efforts without saying, 'hey guys, what do you think of THIS idea?', before getting deep into it. People misread my post! Keep rockin' the ideas.. My text could have looked 'nicer', and to be honest Loganpinball you have a talent that most of Us don't have here..I'm just a tinkerer by comparison.

It’s not for the recipient to decipher a kinder interpretation of your message. It was rude. It came off rude. It is rude. You were telling him that this was a waste of time as no one was going to buy it. He wasn’t asking anyone to purchase it. Just sharing something he built. I’ll let it go but that’s just a real weak apology.

I’m sure the majority of us are all grateful for the creators and tinker’s on this forum. They inspire all of us trying to design the next game or mod in our basements or garages. I wouldn’t want to discourage anyone from sharing their efforts and unfortunately that’s what happened here.

End of rant!

2 weeks later
#13673 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The coil keeps firing no matter unless I unplug the lines to it .Everything seems fine in test .I don’t know I’m at a loss .

Make sure the switch in your shooter lane isn’t caught up. It sounds like it thinks there is a ball there when there isn’t.

Is it actually firing additional balls on the playfield or just the auto plunger firing?

#13688 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Yes, the riveted targets and their associated micro switches are simply not robust enough and therefore unreliable It's just not a great design or well engineered/manufactured. I've had a number of them fail like this and also the micro switch on them breaking off and falling into the cabinet. I fixed the rivet issue by replacing it with a screw and lock nut. I've had to re solder a lot of micro switches back on, (fiddely but doable).

I did the same. Drilled out the rivet and put i a pan head screw and locknut. Sturdy and easier to replace if needed. I did get 3 or more replacement targets as this will absolutely happen on the others targets over time.

#13714 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Newbie here - is there a post or thread which compares the two versions (sv and lv)? Thanks!

As others have stated it’s all cosmetic besides the lit side blades ( so worth it) and Staged flippers. Gameplay is exactly the same. I bought an LV because the standard was too dark to enjoy in my opinion. The extra lighting and art, armor, beacons were worth it to me. To each their own of course. It’s an incredible game in any form.

2 weeks later
#13870 12 months ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Found something new in the game -
I was playing and, on ball 2, I held the left flipper(s), and then launched the ball.
I noticed a space ship fly off (looked like Ripley's escape ship), and the game says "Take it away!"
Not sure why this occurred - anyone familiar with this? When this occurs, or how it works into scoring etc?
Pretty cool!

If you hold both flipper buttons when you plunge it will make different announcements.

#13919 12 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I will check, thank you.
In the event I do not, I suppose next step is sending PB a ticket?
thanks

Yes. Shawn sent me one a few weeks ago after I asked. I recently installed the cable on my game and now all targets light up like God intended.

#13954 11 months ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

Just picked up a LV, practically brand new (57 plays). Don’t have much playtime on Alien. Hoping I like it, because I traded a game that I really liked for it.

Give it time to sink in. It took me a good month or hard core playing before I started to understand the magic. It’s a brutal but excellent game. Once you start using the weapons to prolong your game and score by double and triple…it really clicks. Enjoy!

#13971 11 months ago

awesome. I will try to find the switch but if someone could share the link here that would be great.
I will try to adjust the ball guide as well, but does not seem like there will be lots of room for adjustment...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That has to be destroying the flow of your game. The orbits are the most enjoyable part of Alien in my opinion. Watching the ball go around or get stopped by the magnets up top, shoot the upper ramp or upper loop...repeat and repeat. Easiest wasy to bend the targets back is outside of the game. Just unplug it and take out those two screws and get it to a vise or a good set of pliers to bend back.

1 week later
#14011 11 months ago

replying to myself in case someone needed to see this.
Noticed that the pop up post assemblies on these machines do not have a rubber boot. Not sure why, maybe is not needed BUT the reason why one of my posts was not coming up was because it is magnetized to the base when energized (no rubber boot).
Just posting here to see if this is common on all of these games or maybe I just got an older gen assy in my 2022 made game.
No complaints with build quality on my end, I am really liking the game. Sure there is pooling in the PF (which I have been diligent at stopping) and there was A TON of dial-in to do to make it play well, but once you get there the game is just fantastic. I can see this becoming a favourite. Glad I got it home.
I submitted a ticket to PB to discuss the POSt and see what they say. Here is a Stern assy for reference.[quoted image]

My orbit posts didn't work as designed and it was because they were magnetized. Took me a few months of ownership before I realized that that it hadn't functioned correctly at all. Really changed the gameplay once the posts would activate and drop the ball down into the pops as intended. They just sent me a new mechanism (2 of them actually) and it solved the problem.

2 weeks later
#14148 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I miss that game .Was our first .The 7.5 lights are the ones to get .Can’t believe I sold the game with an extra set ,should’ve kept just in case
[quoted image]

2.0 lights are the ones to get. I held out until I found one that came with 2.0 and I’m glad I did. I know some people never have a problem but those who do really suffer an ordeal to change them out to 2.0. Excellent game though. Still love mine.

3 weeks later
#14281 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My shooter wire form has like 3 broken welds.
Is there a better quality out there for sale?
Don't want to keep buying it just to break like this one.[quoted image]

We had a really great guy that was making a replacement but seems like he stepped away from pinside. Shame as he was a great talent.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-xenomorph-whipping-tail-wireform-mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.