b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#662 2 years ago

Did you guys have yours air shipped?

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The lighting on this game is so awesome, and I think all the lights are RGB. Star posts are lit from beneath and these translucent light blocks are used all over the playfield in place of standard stainless steel ball guide

This is one of the new things about this game that I'm excited to find out more. I think it's a great approach to keep the mood of the lighting the same but make it brighter than before. Flooding the game with bright lights would ruin it. I'm glad you like it, hopefully once you get your basement in order you can send us more pictures or a video?

1 week later
#799 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Thanks, yep, this is my machine.
I'm not the "main" guy in the video, a friend who's working for a French Pinball channel (RB Flip France) did the video, thanks for him

Loved the video. This is the best video that's been done so far and I really appreciate it. Will there be more videos in the future? Is there any chance your friends speak English? I would love the hear what you guys think about the game.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

May be in between Julien could step into this post and add his feedback in a written way ?
Thanks again for your kind feedback

Yes, would love to read Juliens feedback. I'm a fan of RBFlips video style. Good stuff!

1 week later
#922 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So thanks to yuriijos I got the shipping document, the name of the ship is NAVIOS INDIGO

Thank youRed Devils. Makes it more fun waiting on the boat. I don't understand why Mellisa can't tell at least tell us when the container is supposed to be delivered. Very disappointed in Cointaker so far.

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

She can't tell you because everything is backed up. Ain't no one can tell you that but the cap'n.

Red Devil found out the delivery date, why can't she?

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Dude, there is no way to give you a definitive answer.

Quoted from Red_Devils:

If you read my post that is an approx.

People, relax. I realize everything is approximate, I'm not complaining about things being late. I'm complaining about not getting any date at all, or any information for that matter. Plus I was supposed to be in on this first container but now that's changed, I'm in the second one... maybe.

3 weeks later
#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Its worth mentioning one more time that my OG Alien by Heighway will soon be officially up for sale once I receive and am satisfied with my remake

Interesting, I'm curious about your thoughts on losing the playfield monitor and why you are "downgrading" to the Standard?

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

New shots. Factory support. Cabinet that lines up better with my other games. Physical ball lock. I wont miss the screen much because I'm dont really keep track of ammo and weapons(I just flail around and try to complete modes) and I prefer to watch the awesome cut scenes on the large back box monitor. That large monitor on the back box(which was an option, it came standard with no monitor at all) is one of the most striking features of the original. I'm most concerned about not liking the smaller back box monitor on the remake. I'm withholding my final decision on which to sell until I get a chance to check out my remake.

Yeah I hear you, I on't think the monitor on the playfield is necessary when it just repeats the backbox monitor. I think you'll find you don't notice the smaller monitor on the backbox. It's larger than the sterns.

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just got the scheduling email from FedEx and have it scheduled for Monday the 21st in the morning. Could have had it for Friday but I won't be around. That's ok though will give me time over the weekend to get the game room ready for the delivery. So excited woohoo!!!!!

Your one of the lucky 6 people who get a pallet. The rest of us have to wait until they can get more pallets

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm sorry you have to wait a little longer my friend, but I'm sure it will be real soon. I didn't know they hadn't come on pallets till someone posted earlier

Its alright, I'm just surprised that after all that distance it has traveled that a pallet is keeping my game from being shipped to me. LOL

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This seems so odd to me, I can drive about 10 minutes from my house and pick up piles of free pallets outside all the different warehouses and businesses. I grab them occasionally to chop up for my outdoor fire pit, free wood is free wood.

Me too, just saw two piled up outside my neighbors house waiting for the garbage pickup. They are available, but I'm sure Cointaker want's these games out of their storage so I'm sure they are trying to find some.

#1225 2 years ago

Any word from Cointaker about the pallets? Anything about the last 16 games?

#1308 2 years ago

I'm still waiting for Cointaker to find a pallet for me.

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just delivered!! What a start to a hopefully great weekend!! Got it downstairs and time to set it up. This game is actually pretty light for being a wide body.

Where's the pallet?

3 weeks later
#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Got my new set of playfield boards today

Cool, Thanks for letting us know.

2 weeks later
#1826 2 years ago

Got my game today. It's playing great. The only issue is the left speaker sounds muffled and quiet but the right is fine. I know the speakers are fine because when I switched the cables the left worked great and the right was muffled. I sent a ticket and I'm waiting for an answer. I'm very happy with it. Pinball Brothers has done a great job considering.

IMG_5547 2 (resized).JPGIMG_5547 2 (resized).JPGIMG_6260 (resized).JPGIMG_6260 (resized).JPG
#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That face hugger topper is awesome! It should be an upgrade option!

I was wondering if somebody would notice the face hugger. I got that a few years ago at the Gearbox Aliens Launch party.

IMG_6254 (resized).JPGIMG_6254 (resized).JPG
#1883 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Are there code updates or other things that needs to get done out-of-the-box? I don't expect the game to work at all to be honest. Anyhow, tune in if you want to share your know-how. I did get the green WH2O targets from Pinball Life, but that's about it.

I got my game last week and it worked right out of the box. There were a few issues as expected with such and early version of the game. One of my backbox speakers was much quieter than the other. Cato has been a rock star helping me with this game, he is sending me a new amplifier. I have also had to adjust the xenomorph switch because it kept getting a stuck switch error. I also have a flaky eddy switch that may need to be replaced.

I also had a couple of sticky flipper bats, however a quick fix was to add tension to the return springs and they now work like butter. Took only a few seconds. Hurryups video is great and I may still need to sand the bushings smooth but I didn't want to take the mech apart if I didn't have to. So I'll see how things go.

It looks like I have the second generation standup targets and they are working just fine. They do get a little out of alignment but they seem fine. Cato says the gen 3 targets are delayed and he will send them as soon as they get them. I also have software code 2.2. So hopefully you won't need to buy those whitewater targets. I would wait and see.

I am loving this game, it is so unique and there is nothing like it out there. I just got to hypersleep multiball, that ball lock ramp is hard to hit. Gentlemen, if any of you are thinking about pulling out I wouldn't recommend it, this game will get built and once you get yours you will be so grateful you waited. This game is so cool! It has the complete package. I love it more than I love my GNR!

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I do not have the flying projectile balls from the MUTHUR left outhole. I do see it ejecting too far to the right occasionally.
I have had zero issues with the drop targets... they have been rock solid since the beginning.

Same here, in fact my drop targets are better than my other games. Love the slings too.

I think the ultimate solution should be a weaker coil, maybe along with a stronger spring.

I agree, in fact Cato told me today that they will be having a new update soon that addresses this coil.

Since we are discussing flaky switches - I’m curious if any other owners are experiencing the same issue with the right revive lane that I am. If you are, please report it to Cato.

Could the board be mounted too far to the left under the playfield. Thus pulling the right revive eddy switch out of range?

#1951 2 years ago

On a more positive note. I like the Air Lock scoop protector that comes installed on the game. Also the game comes with a bass boost control knob. I thought I would need to add my powered sub woofer to this game and I decided it's not needed. The sound on this game is great!

IMG_6323 (resized).JPGIMG_6323 (resized).JPG
#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Don't use the original PB/HW protector for the Airlock, use a CLIFFY, they fit much better and be more resistant against wear and tear.

Have you tried the one from PB? How do you know?

#1973 2 years ago

Another positive note. I really like the GI RGB colored plastic pieces (don't know what to call them) and the RGB star posts in the game. They don't throw much light but they sure as hell add to the mood of the mode you are playing.

I just noticed that at the start of a game where you can select either to play Alien or Aliens that all the GI colored plastic pieces and posts match the color of the movie, either green or blue. Once you launch the ball the GI goes to white.

IMG_6329 (resized).jpgIMG_6329 (resized).jpgIMG_6335 (resized).jpgIMG_6335 (resized).jpgIMG_6336 (resized).JPGIMG_6336 (resized).JPG
#1975 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence here. I think they look terrible. My gut wrenched when I saw them the first time. I've come to peace with the situation, but no thanks.

They look better than just metal ball guides. At least these are an improvement to the original game lighting situation.

#1993 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I would love more video clips from the movies then the cheap animated clips that we got now.

Cheap animated clips... HUH? The clips are fantastic, I also love the great sound bites from the movie.

I heard from Cato that the Xeno will have more animation than what we have now but it's low on the priority list. All he does now is scream during the game, but when you go into test mode you can test breathe, scream and tease.

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Ok I’ll bite. How do you tease a Xeno? It sounds scandalous. Or does he tease us?

In the test mode he opens his mouth then halfway sticks his tongue out then back and closes his mouth

#2002 2 years ago

I've had this Pingame journal magazine from 2017. I'm so glad I kept it. It has 21 pages of good info about the development of this game. So much talent went into this game! I'm so glad we have a second chance to buy one.

IMG_6352 (resized).JPGIMG_6352 (resized).JPGIMG_6353 (resized).JPGIMG_6353 (resized).JPGIMG_6354 (resized).JPGIMG_6354 (resized).JPGIMG_6355 (resized).JPGIMG_6355 (resized).JPGIMG_6356 (resized).JPGIMG_6356 (resized).JPGIMG_6357 (resized).JPGIMG_6357 (resized).JPG
#2022 2 years ago

I found a USB LED lighting strip. Don't know where I got it but I added the strip to the backbox. The lighting for the backless is pretty dim so I believe this helps and there is a handy USB port right on the top of the black box in the head. Really easy to install.

IMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6398 (resized).JPGIMG_6398 (resized).JPG
#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

In other news, my Mando LE is collecting dust...

LOL, I haven't touched my GNR for two weeks.

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Thankfully, these mechs are easy to adjust but the lock nut is simply too tall. Luckily I had a bunch of M threaded nuts that was about a millimeter shorter and the ball rolls pretty undisturbed over the up post

This is exactly what I did. I also just installed the update from Cato and from three games I have noticed the xeno grab is better and the mother sickout is butter smooth once I lowered the coil power to -45 percent. Seems like good progress so far and good work from Cato!

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just put down a deposit for standard Q3 order. Oh boy….hope I made the right call. Super excited about this one. Been wanting to pull the trigger on it for a while.

You will love the game. My GNR is getting real jealous.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Is Richard here??

I'm here. Hope you guys enjoyed the video. Cary did a great job.

#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is stronger springs a better solution?

I tightened my return springs and that seems fine for now. There is a slot on the flipper mech that you can easily slide your sprint onto. Works much better than trying to thread the end of the sprint into the tiny hole. I only had to sand one bushing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Just took delivery on my game as well!! Help getting it in the house can't come fast enough

Interesting. I didn't have the tip N tell on my box.

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Game is super dark. I will be getting pinstadiums for sure.

I wish there was a way to add spot lights. Cato is so busy I feel bad asking him but maybe somebody here can figure it out. Also would like to know if anybody has added a powered sub to this game?

#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My coin door lights are not hooked up.

They are plugged in. They only work when you have FREE PLAY turned off. It's going to be fixed in one of the future updates.

#2234 2 years ago

2.2C is the latest code. Wait, I just looked and there is another update 2.2D. Has anybody tried it yet?

#2250 2 years ago

I updated my game to 22D and it seems like the xeno grabs the ball a little better than 22E. 22E was a vast improvement. One time the magnet grabbed the ball for a split second then released it when the xeno screamed. This was the first time I have noticed that. Pretty cool. Cato has been busy!

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Little confused - is there now 2.2E or were you meaning 2.2D?

2.2E was a vast improvement with the xeno. Now there is a 2.2D and it's improved more.

#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Ok thanks. Would have thought 2.2E was a newer release that 2.2D, but maybe they have multiple beta development streams

Sorry I had it backwards, E is the latest. Too much drinking

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, so there IS an E version? D is the one listed on their site still

Very sorry, there IS NOT a 2.2E update. 2.2D is the latest version.

1 week later
#2537 2 years ago

Has anybody hooked up a powered sub to your PB Alien?

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes. It is fantastic. I posted a video on this thread but it’s camera phone audio so it’s hard to give you the experience.

Thanks, I found a powered sub and hooked it up. Sounds much better!

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do think the BG needs some extra light. I didn't look to deep but the egg glow just isn't that bright out of the box.

Try a USB LED strip

IMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPG
#2651 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

It really is that different of a game to what I have had and what is out now.

Same here, Iv'e owned a lot of games. Started collecting in the early 90s. This one is different!

#2652 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

What was lighting the egg in the BG originally?
Anyone have a picture?

There are about 40 LED lights around the black case in this picture. This is the only lighting for the backglass.

IMG_6547 (resized).JPGIMG_6547 (resized).JPGIMG_6548 (resized).JPGIMG_6548 (resized).JPGIMG_6549 (resized).JPGIMG_6549 (resized).JPG

#2768 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So unless the Pinball Brothers state otherwise, Alien will be a one and done project.

There will be another title after Aliens.

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

lso, if everyone who has an SV suddenly tries to dump them because they have an LV coming, prices will plummet, so unloading them might cost you more than just staying with it. (just a guess, who knows)

Or tomorrow is disappointing and the new features on the LV don't justify the price. My gut says the LV will be underwhelming. No playfield screen and no larger backbox screen. I hope I'm wrong.

2 weeks later
#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

On the other hand pulling out the playfield is a little bit of a grinding struggle. Every other game I have slides so much smoother.. anyone come up with anything to make the slide out easier?

I put a TINY bit of Super Lube Synthetic grease on my rails. No more noise and it's very easy to slide. Just a tiny bit in one spot and it evenly distributed on it's own. Don't put too much grease on or you will have issues with your playfield slipping back down from it's standing position.

One thing I don't like is having the alien tongue sticking back behind the backboard. When you put the playfield back in position you have to remember to push the tongue back by hand. Pushing the playfield back and banging the tongue on the back of the cabinet makes me nervous that I'm going to bend it.

3 weeks later
#3801 2 years ago

The narrow stand-up targets have LEDs in them. Has anybody figured out how to wire them to get them to light up? I see there is a spare LED connect on one board but none on the other boards for all the other narrow targets. All of the new Gen 3 targets have both connectors on them, one for the switch and one for the LED.

In the third picture you can see how the wide stand-ups are plugged in to the boards with both connectors. I suspect the LV's will get their boards revised to accept all the narrow connectors?

IMG_6853 (resized).JPGIMG_6853 (resized).JPGIMG_6854 (resized).JPGIMG_6854 (resized).JPGIMG_6855 (resized).JPGIMG_6855 (resized).JPG
#3809 2 years ago

There is nothing programmed to light up the weapon LEDs in current software, so probably better just to leave them all unplugged for now.

Quoted from AD72:

Unfortunately they do not have anything to connect to that will activate in the game. There are a couple of connectors on the board by the right ramp (I think they were labeled 4 and 5 or something like that). I plugged them in with cables from the Xeno targets and they did not light up. Seems a missed opportunity though having the LED in there. They could have been tied to the weapons targets lights

Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

If you check the Cointaker website, it actually states in the details, that the weapons standups for the Standard, are LED backlit. This may be something that we will see implemented soon.

Thanks guys, I guess we wait and see. Nice find on the CT website. I hope they at least put them in the software or maybe somebody can figure out a way to tie them into the gi

1 month later
#4617 2 years ago

Seems fitting that I show this mod I did to the backboard a couple weeks ago. It's just a USB LED strip stuck under the top of the backboard.

IMG_6987 (resized).JPGIMG_6987 (resized).JPG
#4690 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Publish a list of that shows people where they are in line. Publish the serial number and date…and then email people their serial number. Easy!
Instead in the TBL thread like this thread people are guessing…..”I reserved/ordered before you but why did I not get contacted!”
Messy messy Cointaker - common spend a few minutes and clean this up. Or maybe they like it this way so they can move people up in-line that are better customers?

100% agree with you!

3 weeks later
#5041 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was told that boat was in the harbor in November. All lies at this point. I don't get the end game. Just tell me the truth. I can handle it. I rather have true expectations than constant blue balls simmered in lies.
It makes me wonder if the boat did come in and they sold them to new buyers. How else could a boat of games disappear?

It would be nice if we would get some communication from Cointaker here in this group. I do know for a fact that they read it!

1 week later
#5223 2 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

The PBs fixed many problems and made really good improvements. The boards are better (no more usb problems or burned IO-boards), the wiring is much better, the code is pretty solid, the illumination is better, the standard widebody cabinet is easier to handle, espacially the standard glass without this huge frame and the new pf-magnet is an upgrade aswell. I really don´t miss the playfield LCD and the backbox screen is large enough for me. But the most important thing is, that the machine is running just fine after some adjustments. It was always a question of time, until the HW Alien had the next issue. But this is just my personal opion.

This is all great to hear. You're the first person to mention that huge playfield glass frame. Seems as though it was a good idea on paper but...

I agree about the playfield LCD and the large backbox screen. No need for either and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to get my game for a cheaper price. The SV, especially at the original price is the deal of the year. So much game for the money!

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Has anyone added a light strip to the back box? I would like to add some more lighting there. If someone already has with good results, I’d love to see what you did.

Post 4617

2 weeks later
#5586 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I hope she keeps responding and it continues!

She's been reading this thread for the past year. I know for sure! I'm glad she's finally posting something.

2 months later
#7130 2 years ago

Just wanted post that my Alien is running great and I have no issues. Love this game! Cato is the man!

2 weeks later
#7410 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Wanted to get some feedback from anyone who owns both an Aliien and GnR.
How do they compare in respect to gameplay.
I find my GnR a bit empty feeling to shoot, and I find the code monotonous.
Curious to hear from others.

I had both and felt the same way. GNR got old for me quick. Got so sick of shooting that left ramp, got sick of the songs. Once I got Alien I never played GNR much again. Sold it. Gone.

#7523 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Melissa: Sorry, FedEx destroyed someone else's LV and I have to
send them this one as a replacement.
Me: ...

Ive heard that before. Sorry dude

2 months later
#8615 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My gut tells me the black mirror set would look awesome, but not sure its 2.7X better than standard Mirror blades from cointakeer ($270 vs $108)

Everything on that site is expensive! Always been that way

#8770 1 year ago

Just updated my SE to 2.7 and I thought it would be cool to see the LV attract mode. So I adjusted the setting to (LV attract mode) and the screen went black. Has anybody set their SE to show the LV attract mode? Did it work?

Thanks

#8773 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

LV attract video working fine on my SE with 2.7

ok thanks, guess I need to reinstall the update.

#8785 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Added some PinStadiums today
[quoted image]

Looks washed out in the picture. Doe's it look washed out in person?

#8836 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

ok thanks, guess I need to reinstall the update.

Looks like a re-install did not work. Still can't get that LV attract mode. Anybody have any ideas? If not it's not big deal.

3 weeks later
#9511 1 year ago

I updated to 2.8 code and my center magnet grab went to hardly ever grabbing the ball to start Ambush. Before the update it was great.
Was thinking about chunking back down to 2.7 or 2.6 but before I did, I thought I would try and bump up the magnet strength first. I bumped the center magnet strength to the max (50% stronger) and viola, it grabbed the ball 7 out of 7 times. Seems to be fixed. We will see.

1 year later
#16619 4 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yep happened to me. No free boards but as brado426 says I was given the option to purchase the boards discounted, still cost me over $400 for all the boards though

Same for me. Not plug and play though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=pappyboyington and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.