20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2979 2 years ago

Wow, I was so excited for the LV. Not so much right now. Hopefully more will follow. PB really needs to improve on new announcements. Try creating some excitement or wait till you can!
X

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm considering ordering a SV.
How does the game hold up, are there any issues I should be concerned with?

I guess you could just view this thread. Been answered over and over.

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

My game has been down for quite a while now, and I'm still thrilled with the service and the machine. Cato has been communicative and very helpful troubleshooting issues, and making sure you get parts, if needed.

I'm sure this post isn't helping with the confidence level for purchasing. I don't understand how you can be thrilled with the machine and service if your brand new game "has been down for quite awhile now". No disrespect towards you but I want my new game to work. Yes, just like other new games I understand problems arise and need to be resolved. But let's face it, both the OG and the new games are problematic. I've read every post here and on the OG thread. I was one of the unlucky ones Fu@ked by Andrew. I have ordered the LV and accept that it will require work. I love this theme and hope most major issues will be resolved by then. I hope your game gets up and running soon!

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I find that a refreshing change from a company like JJP, who seems to want to put the customer last.

Quoted from Zablon:

(see R&M thread). This game has been way less problematic than that game in the same time frame.

Good information and honest words. I agree with both of you-I would never own a JJP game and the RZLE from Spooky was the worst game I've had in a long time due to never working properly and cheaply made. Hoping for a super experience for a theme I wanted for a long time. I think the main reason I went ahead with the LV was all the positive words about Cato. It's nice to here everyone is getting parts and information needed for issues. Good luck to all who purchased.

1 month later
#4335 2 years ago

Being on the LV pre-order, I'm concerned about all these issues which should have been resolved with the latest batch of games. Yes, most new games need adjustments but these issues are much more than that. Sorry to all who received their games and are in this situation. Not so excited right now which sucks for a large $ purchase. PB, get your act together with the quality control or your not gonna have much repeat business.

#4411 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

These excessive issues are very concerning! Along with the absolute dead silence about the LV (most likely due to the issues and being behind schedule), I'm sorry that paying customers are going through this. I hope you all get your issues resolved and the LV DOESN'T come out until everything is ironed out 100%.

I would say, though, that the lack of communication, transparency, and community management about this entire product line is completely unacceptable; that is just MY opinion. I may be ignorant to what's really going on, but a little communication goes a long, long way.

I sincerely hope everyone gets everything worked out and can enjoy this game as thoroughly as possible!

As I mentioned in a previous post, this lack of quality control and major issues on games is a problem. I was hoping as many others the first batch of games would have given PB a good measurement of what needed to be changed or revised. I really don't have much confidence they will get all this resolved for the LV release which I'm still in on. What bothers me the most is that it wasn't like 500 games went out and a small percentage had these issues. You're shipping what so far a 100 games if that to the US. and the percentage of problems is so high. Has anyone received a recent Alien without issues or just minor adjustments? I just picked up a Godzilla and had 1 switch needing adjustment. Some owners have had other issues but not to the extent of PB. To me, it just makes purchasing this game more stressful
then it needs to be. I hope PB can get their act together as this has been on my must-have list since the introduction of the OG. And yes-I was one of the lucky ones to be Fu@ked by Andrew.

#4416 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sad you got taken for your money, understandably you seem to transfering some anger towards PB ..
Sure they will get better at these issues , upside is that PB is very supportive and helping with the issues ..
Instead of complaining about it see how it goes , perhaps this game is not for you at this time.
Upside is they are making them and getting games to customers. Watching this thread because I love how owners are helping get the bugs out ...
Hope you get your dream theme one day issue free

Sorry, but you are misunderstanding my comments. I have no anger towards PB and don't expect a issue free game from any company. Yes support is important but don't take away from games shipping with major issues. I've purchased games from all companies and have done multiple full restorations. I quite capable to service games myself or work with support for problems. My concern was with the latest shipment. I, like almost everyone else, was expecting or hoping most issues would be resolved. That doesn't seem to be the case. So now people who ordered the LV can't be sure these issues will be resolved for their games. That's all. I'm still in and will be looking forward to finally having a version of one hell of a game. I will agree with you on the owner support. Very helpful indeed!

#4418 2 years ago

Thank you for your post. Nice to hear about your game. I'm hoping there are more owners like you. Thanks again!

1 month later
#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

after selling my Heighway Alien LE without any regrets, the PB Alien SV arrived a couple of days ago. And imo, after some smaller fixes and installing better flipper buttons, it´s the much better pin. We really love it.

Yep, your the perfect person to answer the question of what makes it the better pin. Love to hear the comparison. Congrats on your new Alien!

2 months later
#6637 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I’m all for giving the pinball bros a shot but this is getting pretty frustrating once you fix something another thing breaks.

Hate hearing this on a new purchase. Too many stories like this for a new game. Hope PB can get this fixed for you.

2 weeks later
#7145 1 year ago

Canceled my LV order with Cointaker. Wish everyone success with their purchase and hope all issues get resolved for those who are having trouble.

1 week later
#7339 1 year ago

One solid lineup. Nice!

1 week later
#7530 1 year ago

I'm the one that canceled my lv order. So that part is true.

#7657 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m looking to trade my LE for a Big Lebowski, BBB plus cash or straight up sale. It’s working though I do not want the headache.

That's funny. I canceled my lv and ordered a Big Lebowski from CT for the same reason. I love both themes but think TBL is more polished at this point in time.

#7672 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ahh?? TBL more polished? no way! Alien is 100% more polished than TBL. Maybe when TBL comes out with 1.0 and has the Wizard mode. But at moment I feel Alien more finished

Wasn't talking about coding so you may be correct about that.

5 months later
#10943 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Especially when you can play Godzilla in almost every pinball location in the country. Alien good luck finding one to play.

There's a reason for that.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…I updated to 3.0 at home. Worked well, only had one lock up in attract. I bring it to my location and boom…it’s like bug city. Lock ups, multiple bad boots in a row etc. I reseated the visible cables under playfield. Anything else I should check? I also had an instance of a ball not being recognized in both scoops and a double ball launch into the trough that never went into ball search. And my Xeno magnet is working half as well as it was at home…Weird.

Not the first review for alien on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=neverahighscore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.