b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbl1116.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10346 1 year ago

Thinking of getting on the next production run. Can anyone confirm the width of the backbox? The website says it's just under 28" (similar to Stern)

If it's anything more than that I can't get it thru my doorway with the head still attached

#10415 1 year ago

Was unable to find this through search, but can anyone tell me the height with the legs off and head folded down? If I ever get one I'd like to see if my SUV has enough rear hatch clearance

#10598 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Anyone have the weight on this pin? Is it a beast or no? I’m picking one up next week on a 300lb rated dolly. Thx!

Website says it's 250, similar to Sterns

1 year later
#18248 38 days ago

Do any of the distros carry stock on the mods, like backbox beacons, mini beacons or shaker? So far haven't had any luck sourcing them

#18250 38 days ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Nope, as far as I know you’d have to buy that at the pinball brothers US website. I could be wrong though. I thought I saw flip n out have the topper and what not, not sure about the other items.

Thanks, was trying to figure that out. I see they don't have a physical location for pickup in PA, but was wondering if that's where they ship from

#18274 37 days ago
Quoted from Domes:

I am not able to measure it exactly, but it's around 31" wide. A standard Stern is 27"W x 55"D x 76"H. The height is almost spot on (might be an inch shorter in height).

I just had someone measure the backbox width for me the other day, and it came in around 27.5", slightly under a modern Stern (27.75)

#18280 36 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Agreed on all counts.
Sadly the wife has nixed the RV model as she does not like the side art and its going in our family room and will be exposed all the time. Looks I have to SV or LV.

Used LVs are becoming more readily available at $8500 which puts it only a few hundred more than Ripley after shipping

If your wife is insisting on SV and you want new, ask around for free shipping and freebies, including the Ripley mods shipped directly from PB. I think they realize there's absolutely no value left in a brand new SV (with Ripley version being out) so they're offering perks to clear leftover inventory

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18310 36 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks everyone appreciate your comments, really do.
Let's just say the delta between SV and LV at the moment is $2300.
Even if I add shaker ($300), invisiglass ($200 show price even though I have a sheet on hand), and powder $375 quote from Steve, pinstadiums I already have sitting in a closet (call it $350 though after coupon) that is still $1100 less than the LV. SV has beacons already.
Art packages on both are good for us. Would I change the SV or even LV translite at some point - maybe since my wife likes the RV helmet one but it is no way needed of course.
Neither one has the special apron so that would be an add-on to either machine if I desired.
SV is less than 2 hours away, LV is 4 hours away - yes I know driving means nothing to most pinheads.
Just trying to see if I like the art and lit side rails enough to justify the extra $$.
**Help me understand staged flippers - why do I want them and are they worth the extra $$ to get to LV**

I truly think the option that will make you happiest is to take the road trip we discussed and get that LV. I ended up going Ripley bc I felt like they've ironed out a lot of the early issues and really like the art upgrades, but it sounds like that's not an option.

#18356 34 days ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

We're you able to adjust the lockdown bar?

Mines definitely tighter than it should be, but not enough so that I'm going to mess around with it. So far it doesn't seem like it'll damage anything

#18379 33 days ago

New Ripley version owner here: wondering how often people are actually getting the Xenomorph magnet to capture the ball and eat it

The mechanism itself works without issue, but it feels like the ball is traveling way too fast for the magnet to consistently stop it

I have the playfield pitch at 7 degrees. The center magnet power increased by 50%, and the flipper powers lowered by varying percentages (no problems hitting any ramps, feels like plenty of power for normal gameplay)

With all this done I still maybe only get the Xenomorph to capture the ball around half the time. Any tricks, or is this pretty standard?

#18384 33 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I have all magnet settings on defaut (latest software and firmware updates), on my over 2 year old SV and tongue catches are very reliable. The tongue magnet is majorly chipped to and I removed the plastic plug that covers the screw that holds the magnet to the tongue.

The magnet on the tongue catches every time. My issue is the center playfield magnet doesn't always have the ability to stop the ball and start the process. I'm wondering if the targets under the Xenomorph might be a little stiff as well, causing the ball to bounce off a lot harder

#18391 33 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Before I purchased my second-hand LV last year, I read this thread from beginning to end, and it seems that early on several owners were experiencing the same issue and they were experimenting with ways to cushion the blow to the Xeno targets in order to make the ball slow down a bit and let the magnet catch it. I saw this first-hand after I purchased mine, and what I did was cut some target backing foam into thin strips and attached them to the targets in a crosshatch-type pattern. This worked well, but I knew it was only going to be a temporary fix. Sure enough, the foam eventually gave out, but instead of replacing it, I found these on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPWD7VQ
They are exactly the same size as the targets, and they are clear so that the light can shine through. I've had them on for a few months now, and while it's not 100% (nothing is, really...), it's much better than it was.

Thanks for the tip, would you mind sending me or posting a pic of how it looks?

#18429 32 days ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Haven’t visited this thread in awhile but was wondering if anyone ever came up with a fix for the airballs off the xeno standup targets? Thank you

Check a few posts up, there's an Amazon link to clear rubber sticker pad things that might help

1 week later
#18629 19 days ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

I’ve got an 8 pound box from UPS coming today from FlipNOut, it can only be one thing!
[quoted image]

I think toppers are shipping direct from the PB warehouse in western PA when they arrive

#18647 18 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

You Americans are very ignorant about just how big ABBA was, especially here in Australia.
So shut up.

Who exactly do you think is keeping this industry in business?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbl1116.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=mbl1116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.