20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kjs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#899 2 years ago

Mad max or John Wick

6 months later
#4475 2 years ago

Has anyone fitted a shaker yet to the SV? If yes wondering which one and connection?

#4497 2 years ago

Wondering if the side rails are custom or the same as Stern lollipop at all?

#4517 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm the cab is the same dimensions as a Bally Williams wide body at all for me please?
I realise the hinge setup is different.

#4520 2 years ago

Thanks Manny for link above.
Next Question! Are the coin doors Stern JJp or DE style, single or double chute ( or maybe different here in Australia?)

#4535 2 years ago

Lucky new owner here...picked up today....

Lots of plans, worked out of box but xeno doesn't sound healthy....

received_711987976445998 (resized).jpegreceived_711987976445998 (resized).jpeg
#4562 2 years ago

I'm having some issues with those high current flipper switches even after cleaning, will report back.

#4614 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah that LV really completes that alien feel. Although the SV felt like a solid package, that alien feel was a little subdued Bc coming from heighway version, I knew what it was missing. But that makes sense - is the entry version. The LV will bring everything together - the missing parts (Les the duplicate screen) and the reworked parts, magnet, back lock etc. can’t go wrong with the SE though if the budget isn’t there

Nothing to do with budget for me...I want to make my own special version as I have my own taste , like I did with Stranger Things.....

#4616 2 years ago

I simply can't justify the apron mod the guys are doing in Aud...but I plan on doing my own thing there. It looks pretty cool in the link above.

#4618 2 years ago

Nice. I played around with some UV lighting but it didnt react with the art...so will go back to other means.

#4619 2 years ago

Stern style mirror blades are def a better fit. I have green, gold, black , blue and silver here on hand...prob will go black.

#4642 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Really ? Better fit than what? I know the BWs fit perfectly on mine so not sure how the Stern ones fit better unless there’s no difference?

I sell blades here and have both cuts in various colours.
The stern ones have a fuller back end and not stepped so looks much nicer in the back corners imo.
But either will fit. Just deciding on black or green mirror now...

#4652 2 years ago

Been designing up some custom cab art for my remodel...so similar to LV! had the eggs along the sides...

#4662 2 years ago

Cooln info Great pins..

Does anyone have coil equivalent info for off the shelf replacements if needed?

#4746 2 years ago

It's a shame this thread focussing on delivery times and logistics, but I understand the frustrations of guys waiting so long.......I will never preorder a pinball machine. The only reason I am an owner is the distributor announced he had some spare in stock. Bought on a Monday, shipped and setup the Friday.

So the flipper switch mod - my suggeston is you do not use the the high current contact version replacements. I had issues with switch recognition and I suspect after talking to a knowledgable friend switching current issues to the processor.
So built my own versions with low current slingshot switches and it is working like a charm with nice strong button feel. Added stiffener plates and insulator particularly on the shooter side as it is so close to the launch solenoid.

Working on mods at the moment to custom the game up to my own taste. Tranlslite, trim, cab art, apron, custom plastics and hardware etc. Have changed out rubber to Pinball life perfectplay already.

My initial thoughts is it is a fun game with lots to do and learn. And the theme and sound integration is killer!
I like it that alot of shots are possible from all 4 flippers...no one trick ponies so to speak. They are all useful..
I get flash backs of TZ, Hobbit, AFM, Tom for little reasons how I feel it plays.

I am pretty picky with games and things. I have some opinions on some aspects of the game that I would rather not go into on a forum as I don't want to seem too negative. Most things I believe I can change to my own taste.

I'm hoping for some code updates with the following:
- Shaker hookup information for SV
- Sound EQ adjustments top and bottom similar to spike 2 for custom tuning.
- Faster response time to auto relaunch/ballsave etc

I'm also hoping to get some information on coil equivalents and parts availabilty. Would hate to be waiting for parts to be sent from Sweden for a breakdown.
I'm not confident in the xeno shaft and cog assembly lasting with the metal on metal setup and play in the shaft. Hopefully there is a more refined system coming for that.

All in all...very happy with the purchase. It is only my second NIB. I usually build my pins up myself. I downloaded the rule set link so will see if I can get a better understanding of what to do in the game!

Will post up some pics of all my mods as I go.........cheers from downunder!
IMG_20211221_162148_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20211221_162148_01 (resized).jpg

#4766 2 years ago

As per previous, don't use high current contact style.

#4771 2 years ago

Really interesting stuff. I didnt have any of this issues out of the box with targets scoop etc.. Will be testing my flipper hold now though...but can't say I have noticed it in game play. Thanks for doing the detailed video though Mark? The flipper leaf swicthes eventually will bend back so I just made some upgrades there.

#4794 2 years ago

First time my son has shown interest in pinball for a long time! It was a small mp4 clip but can't upload.

Screenshot_20211228-125118_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211228-125118_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4857 2 years ago

So I'm doing my flippers up, good time to change bats out as well for custom ones. Scared stiff would look cool but trying chrome for now.

I have the cable missing from the guys YouTube video as well. PB replied it is not used.

Noticed xeno magnet was loose, fixed up. Changing out flipper bushes and sleeves this morning.

received_883557832306737 (resized).jpegreceived_883557832306737 (resized).jpeg
#4866 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

While you have it open perform the service bulletins for coil shorts.

Yep already done...thankyou. Did you get confirmation that missing harness is normal?

PS...Refreshing using all my metric tools for a change too!

Flippers use 10mm spanner, 3mm allen hey

Slings and drop 8mm spanner and 4mm allen key

#4870 2 years ago

I added a strip of polypropylene with 3m tape to the drop mount as the coil can actually still fully turn and short invertered ( probably unlikely).
Now I am checking the pop bumpers as I was going to tweak the action but finding all the wafers are sticking.
20211230_114253 (resized).jpg20211230_114253 (resized).jpg

#4871 2 years ago

Ok issue woth the pops is the spoon mold/shape imo...
The wafer gets stuck on the small ridge. Changing out to normal spoons I use and have done one with issue resolved. Pb on right.

Nice chance to add a little green fluro blood to the eggs as well

20211230_120201 (resized).jpg20211230_120201 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5002 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

After playing my Alien for the last couple of weeks, I have grown very fond of it. Granted it plays “differently” than a Stern. For one it’s a widebody and also the flippers feel different than other pins. However, once I got used to the feel and figured out the rules, I really love it. During gameplay there are multiple things you need to watch out for and shoot or utilise at key moments during play. I like to qualify the Sleeper Locks early so if I am lucky enough to get up that darn ramp it’ll lock in. Also knowing what each weapon does and when to use each can strategically make the game last much longer and score a lot higher. I like to focus on completing the lifecycles at all times so I can get “Save Newt” going. I am now to the point where I can reach “All Out War” occasionally.
This game really is fantastic. Once you accept the differences it really draws you in and gives you a wonderful unique pinball experience.

I'd love a tutorial on YouTube or something, like the papa ones...not the one's where guys just ramble on with multiple cameras and wise cracks at each other!
I printed off the original rule set...like 26 pages, yet to understand it all.
Agree with your comments ....really draws you in. To me it has elements of TZ and Hobbit feel, but much more flowing and fast gameplay imo. The only stop start bit to me is the left drain area.

#5027 2 years ago

Can't wait for you guys to get your games...so we can actually talk about the frigging game!!!

#5090 2 years ago

I'm running 7.5 degrees with no issues and makes it a bit faster. Also just removed mid centre post on left drain to speed things up and works well.
Trim back from powdercoaters and custom cabinet, translite and apron art all on its way. Will post up picks when fitted.

#5139 2 years ago

Those are high current switches, you will have continued issues as previously posted.

#5142 2 years ago

I modified B/W sling switches but the above link number 1 looks the goods for an easy fix.

#5145 2 years ago

I would remove capacitor.

Re spoons and bushings, I just used Bally Williams style from Pinballl Life.

Tracker mod arrived today...1 month posting time...bloody covid......looks like a really well made mod thankyou Vimtoman!!
Hoping it fits well well with my apron mod I'm finalising.

#5155 2 years ago

Again, (and for the last time from me!) these will cause issues.
Do not use the high voltage contact style flipper switches.

#5197 2 years ago

See above from other pinsider

#5199 2 years ago

First prototype mods testing..looking good. Will post up when all fitted and lit properly.
received_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpeg

received_1639569626388100 (resized).jpegreceived_1639569626388100 (resized).jpeg
#5224 2 years ago

Well got the proto stuff alltogether so far..
Black ripple hardware, britemods buttons, translite 2d, apron skin, Launch button, black gloss T molding, backlit egg in coi door

Cab art still to come and working ona screen mod for the apron area. he backboard is going to need some love....

Tracker mod in - bloody beautiful Andrew.....11/10.

Yes I am happy to get the panels made and post out ( from Australia) but at this stage DIY lighting and installtion but happy to share what I did, some of you may have better options. Translite front, rear, apron and coin door approx $420 Aud plus postage which I have no idea on.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5229 2 years ago

I am happy to supply the 4 panels and you diy lighting and fitting etc. Translite, front, rear, apron and coin door panel.

#5232 2 years ago

Another guy has picked up on the nod to Bally Space Invaders

I also have to add, without the help of a couple of people I couldnt have brought this idea to life...so than you kind sirs!

#5246 2 years ago

Hi all. Thanks for the great feedback and comments.
I knew my Stranger things concept of the two layers would work here and to see it come to life with help from a friend is amazing. Initially inspired by Scared Stiff!

So to be clear I am happy to make the panels up for people and post around the globe. The translite has two panels, Apron and Coin door are just singles.

Coin door I can supply add on led part but you will need to splice into chute lights. So panel or panel and led.

Apron is just a panel very lightly held on with low tack double sided tape in a couple of spots. You could do a beautiful back-lit version but it would mean cutting the apron which I don't want to do myself. I am also working on a screen modded Apron to replicate the main screen but cannot guarantee this will come to life or be available anytime soon. I'm still testing and may just do a one off for myself.

Translite requires you to fit led strips and a small frame for the rear panel, all of those bits a readily available and cheap off ebay etc.

I don't have time to make plug and play kits with all parts, but will send notes with the panels on how I did it on my machine. You may even have a better way yourself. I'm really busy finishing my Jaws retheme and custom Afm build.

So to summarise, happy to supply Translite, Apron, Coin door panels and led setup with Coin door.
I am unsure on postage costs but am looking at it tomorrow. PayPal as friend will be payment method.

To keep it simple for me, please email me at kjspinball (at) gmail (dot) com so I can keep track of who wants one.

Thanks again for the kind words.
I'm not a mods supplier in general, just really enjoy tricking out my machine and happy to supply what I do to others.

cheers
Kurt

Ps, For the really adventurous, I am doing custom cab art art as well shortly and happy to supply it to anyone who wants it.

Also going to do a playfield backboard replacement, but that is a while off yet and still protyping options.

#5247 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not really. You shoot the outside orbits a lot, which is necessary for the pops (destroying eggs). The upper left ramp is used to stage one of the multiball modes and some jackpots. The reason you probably don't see it used too often is it is a difficult shot to make.
The right shot is difficult to stage, but the ball seems to find its way there on its own often for me.
Many of the shots you are referring to also are required for lifecycles which is how you get to Save Newt mode.
The different modes also require different shots - and randomly some different shots at times as the shot you need to hit will move around the playfield on its own.

That's exactly my thoughts. I really like how there are multiple shots available from the top flippers.
The right loop to inlane is very hard I find. Hypersleep ramp as well. I love nailing the right scoop ramp from top left flipper...cool shot.

#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'd buy one but it will scare the shit out of my kids. lol. Another reason why I passed on the LV. Hmm, I could put this in the SV, sell the game and put the egg translate in the LV. Something to think about.

Don't get a Gottleib Genesis then lol! Scariest bg in pinball history!

#5252 2 years ago

For sure go for it. It started with Stranger things for me and I have also done some versions for Creature, T2, Tom and others but am not interetsed in selling them or doing more. for the Bally Williams titles.

For Funhouse I had the 3d one from Pinball Dreams which was excellent. Along with AFM, Bop they are perfect imo. MM and Wh20 didnt look good in the 3d version imo.

#5256 2 years ago

Not very often my better half plays pinball!

20220123_181525 (resized).jpg20220123_181525 (resized).jpg
#5282 2 years ago

Hi all. I did a massive day yesterday and got my translite, apron, door mods printed and will be posting ( shipping) off today to all of you who have contacted me by email and confirmed. I have had alot of mixed messages like...yeah I want one, maybe get back to me etc. Classic pinballers!

I am only following up on people who have emailed me, confirmed what they wanted and provided full addreess and phone number details.

Too be honest with the work, upfront costs and time involved I wont be doing these indefinately. Maybe another 1 or 2 small batches and then I will be on to my new projects...

Thankyou
Kurt

#5295 2 years ago

Hi fellow Alien lovers

Ok I got 5 more sets fabricated and printed of my mods. Translite panels, Apron panel, Coin door panel

I'm not doing anymore till I get some feedback from people to make sure everyone is happy when they receive them in 2-3weeks. It's quite a mission to coordinate it all.

So once these last 5 are gone, if anyone contacts me I'll just ask to wait for a few weeks to see the feedback.
I am not running a wait list.

Really busy with my Jaws project which is 99% done now.

cheers
Kurt

#5298 2 years ago

I think Baggerman has? It was back a few pages.

Currently working on a custom back-lit backboard and it is looking great! Pics soon.

#5353 2 years ago

Hi all

I'm getting alot of questions on my mods. Must be the Australian accent making things not clear!

As per previous posts, I supply the 4 panels and basic coin door panel lighting.

I have done 2 small runs and have 1 translite set, 4 apron panels and 3 coin door panes left.

I have been packing out and sending at my cost and asking for payment after the fact and at my risk.

Unfortunately this has been abused a bit so I wont do that anymore - pay up front and set postage cost.

Once paid and sent I send out basic instructions on how I mounted and lit my panels and installation etc. It was very easy and took about an hour.

Getting alot of grief also on wanting plug and play.

Well, sorry, I dont want to tell people how to electrically hookup mods to games - especially with Alien as it is unique and none of us really know what the internal power supply is capable of. I cringe at alot of mod makers and how they connect their stuff up to games.....

For this reason I setup a fully independant supply for my own mods.

After my initial prototype I pictured I did some further refinements to the art and depth of colour....looks even better now and everyone will be receiving this better version.

cheers
KJS

20220201_140408 (resized).jpg20220201_140408 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpg
#5411 2 years ago

We need more Ripley!

Fitting my custom cab art next week, will post up pics when done. Also custom backboard in progress still...

received_678045980028665 (resized).jpegreceived_678045980028665 (resized).jpeg
#5417 2 years ago

I think it is standard glass in the SV. I have a sheet of pdi ready for it but not changed as yet. Looks really good for standard...

#5437 2 years ago

Hi all...
I have another 4 people wanting my custom translite panels...just need one more as it is best to do 5 sets cost wise.
Let me know if you would like a set. Just the translites are 455 Aud shipped with insurance. Thanks!

#5443 2 years ago

Thanks Lat and Zab for the kind words. I'm not a mod retailer but have done my best with this project and to share it.
Australia Post told me approx 2- 3 weeks delivery to USA but possibly longer due to Covid. If you go to the Australia Post website to tracking you will see where it is at if you enter the full tracking details I sent out.

I just got parts in via Usps that took 7 weeks. Another letter with photos 6 weeks. Let's hope we can get stuff quicker to you guys than the reverse!

On the game....I had my first issue with the hypersleep lock area. in the end it was the mech out of alignment which when adjusted works fine now. Cato has been great.

Backboard mod is still in progress but a bit delayed due to other projects. Will be fitting my new cab decals this week and will post up when done!

Had an impromptu birthday bash on Sunday and Alien was very popular with some die hard pinballers. I need to learn the rules a lot more, are you guys just referring to the 30 odd page OG rulesheet? I'd love someone to do a YouTube tutorial!!

cheers
Kurt

#5488 2 years ago

Custom decals going on tomorrow hopefully!
20220210_181410 (resized).jpg20220210_181410 (resized).jpg

#5491 2 years ago

That drawing looks amazing...really nice work

#5508 2 years ago

Decals done!

I really feel weird posting up pics when you guys have not got your games yet....but believe me it's worth the wait....!
Sorry if it makes the wait worse....

So custom decals, translite, apron, black ripple powdercoat, flipper bats hand painted, buttons, doors, mirror blades, fans etc....All done bar the custom backboard and a few custom plastics to fit my sheet of pdi glass when this is done.

She's a thing of beauty..probaby the best looking game I've ever owned and customed out....thank you PB.

20220212_114207 (resized).jpg20220212_114207 (resized).jpg
#5556 2 years ago

People are getting ancy on the translites as well.

I made 10 total and as stated shipping in normal conditions via Australia Post is 2-3weeks. Post Office said allow possible extra time due to lack.of flights etc.

Some people have received them in the first and second small batch already in the USA, and Eu guys have theirs. I have no idea how they alloIcate the flights etc.

No other shipping options are available from me sorry...I do not have DHL, fedex etc accounts, plus the costs would be astronomical.

Please be patient, they are all tracked.

Thankyou

Kurt

#5627 2 years ago

It's been mentioned multiple times, the high current flipper switches do not work.

#5629 2 years ago

Those are not high current ones and will work

#5675 2 years ago

The Knurled screws are for the playfield hooks at the front

#5760 2 years ago

I powder coated my trim and updated to non lollipop rails in Dulux black ripple.
Added mirror blades for effect - it doesn't increase lighting really but looks alot more classy imo.
Agree the darkness suits the theme though. I'm going to add to subtle spotlights near the mini guns I installed to add a bit of light to the main pf area. I also added trough lighting which helped alot.

20220212_113144 (resized).jpg20220212_113144 (resized).jpgreceived_1377976409300771 (resized).jpegreceived_1377976409300771 (resized).jpeg
#5841 2 years ago

I think adding fans is a good idea if playing for long extended times, Stern games suffer from this issue a lot apparently. There are good options on pinball life, or you can get the same units locally here in Australia.

I haven't had any issues myself but never had a game with no eos arrangement either. So I fitted some just as a precaution.

#5883 2 years ago

X rated, nude xenomorphs. Didn't fly as they are already nude!

#5884 2 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words on the translite, apron and door mods everyone. It's inspired me to do some more titles now. I guess it working well with guys with our weak Aussie dollar. Still working in the backboard mod and a few other things....

Started reading through the rules and got distracted just playing....need someone to do a YouTube walk through like the papa stuff...please !

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#5932 2 years ago

Friday afternoon, some Asahi Black's and killing aliens...life is good!
Beautiful tasteful mod thanks Vitoman...

20220304_183323 (resized).jpg20220304_183323 (resized).jpg20220304_183354 (resized).jpg20220304_183354 (resized).jpg
#5952 2 years ago

That sounds odd?
I would loosen the screws and turn slightly, or adjust the bend on the scoop itself.

#6036 2 years ago

Nice one...hope I get there one day!

I have 2 more guys wanting the translite mods I designed and made. If anyone wants one please pm. Need to do 5 sets to make it economically viable and keep cost down. Price us 350aud plus shipping insurance costs of 105aud.

I'm getting alot of questions re power connection or add on etc. I'm hesitant to provide it as allthough very simple and I have an electrical trade, I don't feel it is appropriate to suggest things involving mains electricity. I would hate for anyone to be hurt or do anything possible dangerously which may hurt someone else.

Some people are happy drawing power from the game itself, I am not.

I purchased a 12v 10A power supply and wired it to the supply terminal strip post isolation switch in the main power supply. No load on game components other than the switch, and powers up and down with game.

All the led strip sets I've ever used hold their memory in relation to set colours and pattern as well.

cheers
Kurt

received_984673535784143 (resized).jpegreceived_984673535784143 (resized).jpeg
#6039 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

thx. can you send a link to a power supply maybe on ebay that we can buy in the states...any maybe quick wiring instructions with a huge disclaimer

I think the last guy who did that is still smoldering on the witches stake!

#6053 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im really surprised you guys havent come up with an apron LCD mod for the PB machines?

I'm working on one at the moment, just need the right panel to finish it. All other components ready.

Main screen is more difficult than the airlock screen. Will keep everyone posted. Going to incorporate it with my apron overlay panel art. Its a while off yet.

IMG_20211220_154604_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20211220_154604_01 (resized).jpgreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpeg
#6056 2 years ago

I want the main screen on the apron so I know wtf is going on! Fastest widebody I know!

#6068 2 years ago

Here you go

20220211_061513 (resized).jpg20220211_061513 (resized).jpg20220211_061517 (resized).jpg20220211_061517 (resized).jpg20220211_061522 (resized).jpg20220211_061522 (resized).jpg
#6070 2 years ago

That I don't know - but I kept them the same as factory just in case

#6134 2 years ago

I've only owned 2 nib games. Stern Spike 2 and this one.

I had twice as many tuning issues and teething problems with the Stern.

They both play well now though.

1 week later
#6471 2 years ago

I've had a couple more requests for the translite and door mods, if anyone wants them drop me a pm. Need to do a run of 5 to make it cost-effective.
Also had a request for a Queen version in blue hues rather than green which can be done as wellif we get a few people wanting the same.

Had a few guys asking about flipper bats. I just used scared stiff boney beast bats and hand painted them black base, gunmetal highlights then gloss clear.

Had a great game last night but can't seem to crack those big scores you guys get!

20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220212_075829 (resized).jpg20220212_075829 (resized).jpg20220212_113134 (resized).jpg20220212_113134 (resized).jpgreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpeg
#6477 2 years ago

Thanks Joetechbob...

I have tried a few variations even 3d model in behind but yes the costs just blow right out.
Ill post up a blue Queen variant if I go ahead with them.

Its taken ma long to perfect the process. You can work with muliple artists and suppliers but getting a great end result is not as easy as you think.
The material and inks are crucial along with the process. Its taken me many failed attempts to get it right. I dont like my stuff on my machines to look average like alot of pinball products are these days.

#6478 2 years ago

I'm thinkning for the LV version to have the number on it as well

#6489 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Damn. I have an LV coming, but I already purchased one of these from you. I would love to see how it looks and might have to sell the one you sent me if I like it well enough. I didn't think you were doing a Queen version.

Wasn't planning on it...just had a few requests

#6585 2 years ago

I don't suggest putting tape over the original backbox leds. They already run pretty hot, this would make it alot worse. A very bad idea imo.

I was actually glad to disconnect them to get heat away from the unit. Just removed and unplugged from the pcb inside.

The rear vents on the backbox are actually covered by the speaker mdf and I think used to vent the speakers.
I added centre vents to my machine for better ventilation of the backbox pc as well as a low dB fan as I have some spare..

LV translite art nearly ready to print and should be finalised today. Here is the original prototype version when I was testing the led strip in blue and green.

received_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpeg
#6591 2 years ago

Ok here is the final LV translite art.!

Queen added, blue tones to match cabinet and trim and tweaked area to tie in with art blades....

Send me a pm if you want one. I have to add 15aud for extra packing materials now BTW.

cheers
Kurt

received_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpeg
#6595 2 years ago

Same as first green version - this is just the combined artwork of front a rear panels

#6600 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

can you send a pic of where lights connect pcb? or is it obvious if you follow led strip?

Very obvious, they are just daisy chained off a board connector

1 week later
#6835 2 years ago

Guys check your hypersleep lock area, the 2 holes for the optos. Mine had very bad swarf left from the manufacturer and were scratching the pinballs badly. I fixed the holes and replaced the balls with standard carbon from pinball life. I polish them up with the hole in wood trick on the buffer for a bit of bling.

I have 2 guys wanting the blue LV translite set and 2 wanting the green SV inspired set. If anyone still wants one let me know...need 5 per colour to do a run economically. I think I'll pull it up after this 5 so no more moving forward please. Thank you to those who contacted me and liked them! No pic of the Blue installed sorry..but looks great on the bench.
Damn Queen nearly bit my thumb off !
20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpgreceived_1639569626388100 (resized).jpegreceived_1639569626388100 (resized).jpegreceived_394640885466368 (resized).jpegreceived_394640885466368 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpeg

#6846 2 years ago

Hi all, the custom translite set is 365 Australian dollars. Shipping depends on location. Send me a pm if you want to go ahead.

1 week later
#7025 2 years ago

Support has been 110% I agree. Game running well thankyou especially to Cato.

I personally feel pedretti have some work to do on their parts moving forward.

Can't wait to see what comes out next from Pinball Brothers......Predator would be special! Queen not for me.

2 weeks later
#7315 1 year ago

That is full on!

Ok I went ahead and got green sv style and blue lv style translite sets made. Think there are 3 green and 1 blue left then I think I will call it quits. Send me a pm if you want these they are 355aud plus shipping.

I always feel strongly about the look and art on pins. Doing an Afm build now and changed the cab art as I didn't like how the front corners didn't align.

Probably going to get flamed here but I'm not digging the blue lv trim at all or the cab art on either game. I would be repowdercoating in a green or black trim style and doing custom cab art.

I'm really happy how my sv came out, but due to some changes here have passed it on to a new owner so leaving the club...hopefully be back soon as it is a cracking game. My full list of mods I did below.
Cheers Kurt

Cab art
Cab trim...black ripple powdercoat
12v independent power supply
2d Translite with led strip
Apron cover
Egg door insert
Black Mirrorblades
Sentry guns
Boney beast painted bats
Added ventilation ports for BB pc
Low dB fans on flipper mechs
Replaced start, launch buttons
Lit flipper buttons
Replaced flipper switches, flipper bushings and pop spoons

20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220210_181418 (resized).jpg20220210_181418 (resized).jpg20220212_113144 (resized).jpg20220212_113144 (resized).jpgreceived_1377976409300771 (resized).jpegreceived_1377976409300771 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_678045980028665 (resized).jpegreceived_678045980028665 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpeg

#7418 1 year ago

I dont really want to recommend what I do without knowing others abilities and capabilities are sorry.

I do recommend a seperate 12v supply for all mods on this machine regardless, unless its one or two leds or a switch piggy back.

1 week later
#7650 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is that a new alien design? I like both
[quoted image]

Hey Rockrand, I did a blue queen version for LV owners as well as the green original for the SV. Thanks for the post boof...looks great!

1 week later
#7914 1 year ago

Spinner issue

Spinner does seem to like to center after used. Tried adjusting switch arm and tuning everything...anyone having the same issues?

1 week later
#7993 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I really like the original LV. Won’t be changing mine out.

Wouldn't sell you one

Ok I have 1 SV green set left, 3 unreturned messages. This will be the last one.

cheers
Kurt

#7995 1 year ago

I just had a friend drop off his new LV for me to tweak last week as it wasn't playing nice at all.

Basically redid all flipper mechs with new bushes and adjusted the bracketing as it was not fabricated evenly on at least 2 of them.
Rebuilt pops, adjusted lane guides, re-rubbered with Perfect play, leds, added a shooter lane led mod, flipper brite buttons, door panel mod.
The switches were a new better type on th eflippers than my sv so just adjusted them better and worked fine. Loose connectors though.
Adjusted scoop mech ( not the plier method) I feel there is a design fault here but got it working well now.
Modded a lot of the lighting as well. Plays like an entirely different game now.

#7999 1 year ago

Couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke!

1 week later
#8102 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Today was all day alien mods. Just ran the LEDs for the amazing backbox mod KJS Pinball (Kurt) made. Couldn't be happier. However I think I need invisaglass or something anti reflective. My led strips are reflecting.
Have any of you alien owners gone for some widebody anti reflection glass? What do people recommend?

Thanks for the kind words
..I keep pinching myself on how good it turned out.

Lots of plans for similar mods for other games in the works.

#8103 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m waiting on a LV ,was told probably July .I’m hoping that’s the case but in todays day I’ll just wait for the call here on out .Ive only played it once on vacation in FL and there were issues with it so couldn’t really get a good take .On location I’m just looking how a game shoots and to get a little feel for the atmosphere as that you can never tell until you get one home .If you had to name a game that’s very similar in play and atmosphere ,what would that game be ? Just having some fun during the wait

I agree with Peter...only game I can think is close to atmosphere would be a blinged out Dracula running pinsound... It does not play like a widebody imo at all.

#8109 1 year ago

Use the britemods ones from Pinball life...Wpc will work.just supply 12v.

20220212_113144 (resized).jpg20220212_113144 (resized).jpg
#8114 1 year ago

I sent eBay link and detailed pics to guys who got modded translites.

2 weeks later
#8389 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. Kurt from KJS Pinball in Brisbane did it. This is his machine. I’ve been able to acquire it.
Pretty awesome work.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thankyou...sellers remorse has kicked in!

But my mind races so much with new projects all the time...currently building a special MM...

#8509 1 year ago

Javagrind888 did ypu not get my install pics and instructions?
If not drop me a pm with your email address.
cheers Kurt

#8513 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Yes sir, wasn't wanting to bother you when others had already successfully installed theirs. There were a few pictures, but the frame was all black and hard to see and nothing of the wires spliced. "Splice wires into coin slot lamp wires" I'm too much of an electricity noob to know what that means really. I'd get a couple of wire nuts and that's probably wrong.

never think that..always happy to help

The coin slot leds are 12v...2 wires. You connect those two on the mod to those by solder (solder in USA...means something different here!) or a simple screw connector, whatever you are happy with.

20220125_065233 (resized).jpg20220125_065233 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8743 1 year ago

These fans are the ones I used from our local supplier RS Components and just a very simple right angle bracket from the hardware store. Very cost effective and worked well. Unfortunately I don't have a picture installed.
I had a external power supply which I connected post game switch so was driven by game on condition.

I also added one below the bb pc cabinet and an extra rear box vent as the og ones are blocked by the speaker boxes. That box runs too hot imo.

20220724_064830 (resized).jpg20220724_064830 (resized).jpgreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_984673535784143 (resized).jpegreceived_984673535784143 (resized).jpeg
#8845 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Droop should make your orbits easier to hit, might have been the vertical play?

Yep...being my ex game 3rd hand, I set all my pins up with very slight down flipper alignment and 1241 coil stops to maximise the available shots available.

Not easy to master or control, but opens up alot of tables.

#8869 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I would suppose they are, but that would make the ball easy to catch too, which is....well.... cheating.

Only cheating if competing!

Personally I think pinball should be fun and not die hard competition.

I upgraded all my flippers at the time with BW components. I don't have machine anymore so can't tell if you if stroke was affected. For what's it worth some of my mates hate the droop...some love it.

1 month later
#9879 1 year ago

Looks fantastic Sjoend!

I keep getting asked if my translite set comes with led strip or not and why not ( and even abused a couple of times!)

The above posts are exactly why I don't. I have no idea on peoples skill level or knowledge and dont want to recommend drawing power from a machine that really no one knows the power loads other than the makers and designers.

I ran a seperate power supply in the main cab and used it for all of my mods at the time. It was post the main switch so comes on with the game.

I disconnected the internal og back box led strips as I didnt think it was ideal with the heat generated in there and not suited to my mod anyway.

2 weeks later
#10165 1 year ago

There seems to be alot of interest in another run of my 2d translites. If you would like a set in the SV green or LV blue version drop me a pm please. They are 385 AUD. Shipping varies on local , Usa or Eu etc.
Cheers Kurt.

#10166 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I finally installed my backbox mod and WOW! It actually looks way better in person than I thought!

That looks fantastic!!

#10230 1 year ago

Thanks DVDA !

#10233 1 year ago

Hi guys. I have enough interest for a run which I am organising literally in the next hour or so.
If you want a set please contact me asap as in the next couple of hours...

The picture above is a third rear panel version yes...not quite as hi res but still looks great.

1 week later
#10453 1 year ago

Hi guys

I just did a minimum run of the translite sets and have one spare set as per pictureif anyone wants one. Send me a PM and it will ship Monday....

Cheers
Kurt

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10476 1 year ago

Hi all
Been getting a few PM's for the translites again so I will do another run in 1-2 weeks. If you want in please drop me a pm. There are 3 versions.

SV green front and rear
LV blue green front and blue Queen
LV blue green front Alien tail rear

I think if you didn't do a full cab art change like I did the LV blue green sets match both models better...
It's quite a big job coordinating all this with printing, packaging and shipping! I think with our weak Aud it's a good option for you guys. After this run if I do another I will have to increase the costs a bit as everything has gone up here.
Some people have just asked for an additional rear panel version which is ok as well.

Thanks for all the great feedback.
I've used some members pics below.
cheers from downunder
Kurt

3fae7cb8d2af8b062e3449d579d4358b0834bc38 (resized).jpg3fae7cb8d2af8b062e3449d579d4358b0834bc38 (resized).jpg5dc42da2b82be126ae75fb03a48a5674a355148b (resized).jpg5dc42da2b82be126ae75fb03a48a5674a355148b (resized).jpg7a680f810763ad6f5c2cdc6662768e01ecdc3f4a (resized).jpg7a680f810763ad6f5c2cdc6662768e01ecdc3f4a (resized).jpgd545ed88e2fba9b31196c1794eb459be16a2430d (resized).jpgd545ed88e2fba9b31196c1794eb459be16a2430d (resized).jpgf0bf7a9002088ba067a3a1219a5d65abde11da29 (resized).pngf0bf7a9002088ba067a3a1219a5d65abde11da29 (resized).png
#10607 1 year ago

Hi guys. Closing off on this run for the translite sets this weekend as I have the minimum of 5 people to do a run now. Doing any more will depend on costs this end moving forward. It's a big job to coordinate it all my end. Cheers from down under, Kurt.

#10619 1 year ago

You can see the effect here a bit at the end of this clip. There was post a while back with an interactive led setup...looked very cool..

#10661 1 year ago

Last run of translites have been sent thanks guys. I have one spare Lv blue green with rear panel Alien tail version due to a non reply from a guy. Cheers Kurt

#10676 1 year ago

The lighting I did in my translite was paying homage to Bally Space Invaders and the contoversary surrounding that at the time. I thought it was kind of cool!
I actually would have incorporated some % reflection to even better the infinity effect if I still had the game which I don't anymore. I also had other mods lined up and in progress which would have been cool but other more important projects have taken over now....

I used a basic controller set of ebay with various functions for my initial setup and disconnected the OG led strips in the pc as imo it is a bad design heat wise plus not ideal effect on my custom setup. You could use multiple sets, triggers, styles, lengths etc to do whatever you want and do it really cheaply with the kits available online. This is the exact reason I didnt include lighting in the kits - cheap as and everyone has an opinion and preference which actually becomes annoying to deal with honestly. That and I still stand on not drawing power directly from the game.

I'm doing some custom translites for some modern games at the moment, showed some people and they all loved it but had gripes, comments and preferences, etc. A good friend suggested I put up what I like and thats it take it or leave it..good idea I think. The Stranger things setup has been popular as well lately.... I've done a Queen mock up ready as well but seeing as though I am not getting the machine myself that may be delayed or not released.

#10678 1 year ago

Not about your post at all, just explaining the effect I was after when I did mine.

1 week later
#10836 1 year ago

Mpddvdpin I can try and help you out here. Will send you a pm...

Alien translites - ok my costs have gone up yet again and on the last run 3 people never replied or followed through after ordering. So I'm pretty much done this time as it is a massive effort to get it all organised packed and shipped and believe me its almost a not for profit exercise. To give you an idea 14 sets covered my own....so yeah it's not something I want to keep doing.

I have 4 sets on hand, LV blue green style front, 2 Queens and 2 Aliens with tail rear panels. Think this will be it as the costs are blowing out too much and I am not keen on upfronting costs to be not replied to anymore. Send me a pm if you want one of the last 4. Thanks to everyone who got a set and all the comments...really appreciate it when an idea works well.

I mod alot of my machines and will be doing more custom stuff for other games and always happy to share my mods up to a certain point, but its just for fun for me.
Cheers
Kurt

#10855 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think there were a lot of troll votes on the SV voting... There's no way the SV is a full point below the LV.
I do like the LV, but there are some ways that I think the SV is better... such as lighting. I think the LV is way too bright. The darker look of the SV is way more appealing to me.

I actually have the lv nearly a point under the sv in my ratings, purely based on what you get for the money and the art, trim and light choices. My ratings don't go to the top 100 though.....I think that whole list is a bit skewed...maybe 70% accurate at most.
I rated Stranger things similarly.

4 weeks later
#11343 1 year ago

Stern are a better match but still not perfect

4 weeks later
#12119 1 year ago

Wow so much Sv vs Lv stuff here. Even though I sold mine I still check in as it's a great game imo! If going again it would still be a tweaked Sv for me all day. My friends are happy Lv owners too.

I already had my art and hardware changes going before mine arrived as I didn't really like either tbh. But hey I change every pin to my own taste anyway!

Pinballs fun...do what you like yourself!

1 week later
#12349 1 year ago

Theme immersion....no brainer this game is it!

#12498 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Wow! I had me some fun last night :)One thing though , this was the second game I played last night and had a real long 1st/Xtra ball then the fade happened .It was the first time ever noticed fade like this where at times clean shots were not making it to the back of the playfield .I have them all at factory .I was even trying to park the ball in the scoop as much as could to let the coils cool .They seemed to come back a bit on ball 3 but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this ? Obviously the coil fans are a option but after noticing this on IMDN the 2 times I got to the Beast I’m wondering why these fans don’t come stock on all NIB pins .Wishful thinking , I know but man I’m sad I didn’t have them in for this game .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing mate , I actually like how the edges of the translite are not lit in yours, adds more depth to the queen! Speaking of Queen doing a translite set for it now....

I really do miss my Alien (and alot of other games) I would have like to have kept the modding going on it including modifying the pf art. Maybe one day.

3 weeks later
#12842 1 year ago

I love what you did with my translite set and the lighting...fantastic!

1 week later
#13057 1 year ago

I don't own the game anymore, but if I was buying again I would still choose the SV and mod it out to my own taste again. I don't like the art job or trim on either models for a start. I would actually pull the pf and redo some of the art particularly the sentry gun in the center...that looks like it was skimped over imo.

I really miss it actually, but there were some aspects of the machine I was not happy with and worried about in the long term. That, space issues and of course funds for my ongoing projects were in the end why I let it go.

Same with Stranger things, I had the pro modded out and would go that way again in a heartbeat over the other models.

Both games once modded were so immersive to me and if I had say a 40- 50 game collection would have them back in modded Sv and Pro editions.

Re glass yes Pdi or invisiglass wide body fits Alien.

Funnily with Stranger Things, season 3 and 4 really killed off my liking alot for the series. That translates to liking the game for me personally as well. Like Godzilla if it were based on early monster movie vibe I would love it I'm not into it at all like most people are. Same as Deadpool.

Back on track....Alien from Pinball Brothers is a great game and their service was next level. Skipping Queen but excited to see game 3. Come on Predator!

4 weeks later
#13511 1 year ago

Ive been contacted to do a couple of my translites..if anyone wants a set send me a pm please this week.
All visible in post #10476

6 months later
#14883 6 months ago

I've also done this solid cover in green or blue hues....went with green when I did mine.

981f74920c28f0f596f246410ca9ffbe5fda9b75 (resized).jpg981f74920c28f0f596f246410ca9ffbe5fda9b75 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6823771_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6823771_1 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#15087 6 months ago

Great updates from what I can make of it! Missing Ripley was why I remodelled my SV day 1 with new cab art, translite, apron etc. The translite idea I took from when I did Stranger things in a similar way. I contacted pinball brothers team to see if they wanted help or input to do it but they didn't reply which is why I have been making sets up for you all. Ive done a Queen version as well but never went to print as I only know 1 or 2 people with the machine and it wasn't viable. Really need at least 5 sets to cover costs etc.

This new model has me thinkning of getting the machine again. I'm not a fan of any of the LV differences personally. If I go down the road again I will be doing a custom playfield as well as I think it needs work art wise, especially the center area. would also do a new plastic set. I got a second screen running emulating the main screen and was going to mount it in the playfield or worst case apron but other projects took over and I ended up selling the game.

#15132 6 months ago

I sent basic instructions to people I supplied the translite mod to. It's been said numerous times in this thread.....

Way back when, I chose to add a separate power supply to my game at the time for mods. Being a new manufacturer at the time I had no idea of the capability of the original machine. Unlike say the 12v available in a wpc game. People have since used the machines power sources for led strip supply etc and are happy. I personally would not.

Adding a separate power supply to the machine involves working with the mains electricity. I have an electrical trade and am comfortable making mods and connections to my own appliances. I'm not comfortable showing people whom I have no clue of their ability or qualifications how to do this. From an electronics point of view, this process is really simple so having to explain it on a forum actually sends alarm bells off in my head!

Led strips and controllers are readily available on ebay etc and are very simple electronic devices. There are so many options (and quality) as well with effects and so on you can really jazz up this mod of your games very easily and with little expense. I take my modding and customising very seriously with respect to light, sound and aesthetics but it's not necessarily the same taste as others may like. And being in part electrical by nature, it can be life threatening to the inexperienced.

So please, if you are not experienced or qualified to make mods to your game please get the help of someone local to do it for you.

As always I am happy to make and share my mods with others, but I draw the line at electrical connections sorry unless it's a basic low voltage led lamp holder and led etc.

I'm currently working on a heavily modded Dracula that will actually run 2 separate power supplies due to the nature of the mods involved.

You can always just try usb type strip but I suggest you contact the machine manufacturer for confirmation of use with their hardware.

3 weeks later
#16019 5 months ago

Thanks all..very proud of this mod.
So close to pulling the trigger on rejoining the club, but prices are high here downunder.

Working on a Ripley inspired back panel option now.

#16080 5 months ago

Lightening up the room a bit.....

New render of Ripley inspired back panel only, for the translite mod I did.
To those who got my translite drop me an email I'd you would like one. Cheers Kurt
20231109_092602 (resized).jpg20231109_092602 (resized).jpg

#16099 5 months ago

Looking good!

20231110_163958 (resized).jpg20231110_163958 (resized).jpg
#16206 5 months ago

Wow ! for the record I thought the Ripley Translite was here in a loader fight etc...the one I did last week is almost identical and I had no clue.
I sold my Alien and contemplating doing another custom one for myself but have so many other custom projects now I don't think it will happen.
If that is the Ripley translite its probably not prudent of me to make any more for people as I don't want the fun police on my back. I made a batch of 10 of the back panels with 5 gone, don't think I will do any more.

#16288 4 months ago

Thanks guys.. they look awesome. I don't have my machine anymore but agonizing over getting another one and blinging it out or another Stranger things and modding it out as well. I have a lot more mods for both that are parked till I make a decision.

A smart fella would buy both I guess and just use the matching pinball covers to hide the fact from the boss

3 weeks later
#16844 4 months ago

full return and replacement or full refund

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kjs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=kjs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.