IMG_1112 (resized).jpeg
100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdlang11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7485 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My standard has been on location for over 2 months now. Just yesterday it didn't boot on power up for the first time. Pulled playfield out, made sure connections were all tight, put it back in and rebooted and it was fine. Those are about the only issues I have had so far with it. I'm loving it. I just updated to the 2.6 as well and I haven't looked closely at changes, but to me it seems like the insert lighting works better with the update, less flickering and easier to see. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else who updated from 2.4 but yes overall my machine has been far far far more reliable than the heighway version I had several years ago.

Nice to hear from a location owner. I put my deposit down on an LV ten days ago with Cointaker. Hopefully shipping this year.

#7502 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Same with me. It's been flawless and I had 2 witnesses.

That is good to hear. I am really new to this sport. I own 5 games which to me is a really big deal. One is Twilight Zone that a 12 year old in 1993 was a ridiculous game to comprehend. So I needed to buy it as an adult...because..just because it has a freaking clock and working gumball machine!!

I don't have to privilege to ever buy a top tier of any game ( LE, CE), but LV was/is available for Alien. OK...cool I "need" it?
Yes yes I do. With my Dialed In machine it has been perfect. My 2 Sterns I own...perfect. The Stranger Things Pin was not good. But I expected that needed adjustments. These were only small ones.

So I get that there are certain expectations. Alien is a dream theme to me and I can't believe that you can still purchase a LV. If Stern was making it, this would of sold out...in my opinion.

I don't like to see some of these problems out of the box though. I understand that some will be inherent from shipping but, some seem like they weren't properly tested. For 10K I would like to know that all features worked properly before shipping.

I'm obsessed over this game and will gladly boast it as much as possible as long as PB can say it was working before you broke it...HAHA!

You guys that own this game now and post here are awesome!!

2 weeks later
#7858 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Also wireform right rail replacement report - Works good. I was questioned if there would be any issues as the brand new rail was bent with the left side much higher then the right. Comparing the old rail, both of these should be even. It works but I definitely would say QC in parts can be hit and miss. That seems to be a more common thing as others have received replacements that haven't worked as intended.

Hey man. I put a deposit down a month ago for an LV. Not sure when to expect it. But it's people like you that I appreciate. Thanks for feeding them the bugs and problems!!

When did you get youra and could you send me a couple well lit photos of that beast??

#7877 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

No worries! Glad I can help anyone and hopefully my experiences/pitfalls at times can help others at least get them to where issues may occur.
I got my LV-013 at TPF. Probably one of more played LV's out there currently as before I got it into my home, it had around 500 plays at TPF. So some of my experiences can be attributed to a machine that has been broken in so to speak.
The only thing NOT fixed since purchasing is the backbox and translite. Both were damaged on delivery at TPF but I have replacements that were shipped on the May boat that I should sometime get in the next shipment(hopefully).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man!!! appreciate you!!

1 week later
#7966 1 year ago
Quoted from Huntthehunter:

First time to look at this post. I’ve had my LV for a couple of months and haven’t had any problems whatsoever. Sorry to here y’all are having troubles.

I have one on order. Always pleased to hear that. Can you post a pic? Always curious to see.

1 week later
#8035 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

For what it's worth, I've had a deposit for an LV back in September. I was told a few months out.
Don't hold your breath.

Oh man I got excited. I put one down on April 30th. I know isn't very long ago at all...but at least I really think it's worth the wait. I have been watching videos on the big screen. Then I watched TS and I'm glad that Alien exists!!

#8045 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I put some dampening material that people suggest to use inside scoops or other big bounce issue locations.
It doesn't look pretty but the zeno magnet catch ratio is near 100%
If I can find this material in clear it would be perfect.
[quoted image]

Maybe in white. I’ll have to look that up. But nice fix!!

#8055 1 year ago

With Jedi hand wave in front of face.haha

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8095 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm sure people are going to poke fun at me but hey this is what happens after a few beers and you give me a glue gun and rubber bumpers. My zeno hasn't missed a grab yet and I kinda got the alien drool Sci fi thing going on.
If anyone wants details let me know and I'll post the technique I used. 2 types of bumpers and the black vibration damping material on the left post and over the right post/rubber.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah man. I'm interested...let me or us know.

#8108 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

One more mod is needed . Lighted green flipper buttons. LOL.
Looking good.

Where are you buying those from?

#8111 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Use the britemods ones from Pinball life...Wpc will work.just supply 12v.[quoted image]

Nice! Looking tough!

#8161 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

This is what I did, TPU wedges and switch covers. Still a work in progress but I believe it increases catches although mine works pretty good anyway.[quoted image]

Looks great. Can you please provide a link to purchase?? Thanks.

#8164 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Same material as the Elvira bumpers, 3D printed TPU wedge shaped switch covers, just White. I used red TPU on Elvira and have hundreds of games on those Nubs , they don't even get dirty, this is tough stuff. I may change the colors of the switch covers that don't have light behind them to green/blue.

I'm not selling them at least not now.

No problem. What is TPU??

#8179 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Lookey what I got from jolly old England today .. Thanks Colywobbles
[quoted image]

Dude..those look awesome. Does he sell them?

#8185 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

It was supposed to be sarcasm (as I think internet points are silly) but didn't really come off well. My apologies.
But in other news, just got confirmation that my LV has arrived and is on its way!

When did you order it?

1 week later
#8274 1 year ago

I emailed Cointaker about my LV status and this is what I received.

Screenshot_20220701-203021_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220701-203021_Gmail (resized).jpg
#8275 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I emailed Cointaker about my LV status and this is what I received.
[quoted image]

This if from today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdlang11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=jdlang11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.