b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3409 2 years ago

I am getting an alien Se soon. Buying it from a friend and it has a build date of 4/12/21. He has had minor issues like the xenomorph doesn’t always grab the ball but nothing major. He also doesn’t play it much. I seen they have upgraded parts. Are they covered under warranty and what should all be looking out for?

#3411 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You would probably need to reach out to Cato (support) and ask if 2nd owner is covered. There 'are' v3 narrow targets that are supposed to be getting shipped to owners - but those would probably go to the original owner? I don't know how they are doing it but I am sure they will provide them for you once they start shipping.
If he never updated the code, the latest 2.2D code (available on the PB forum) does a much better job (install the update and then raise the magnet strength to 50% or so).

Ok, thanks I’ll reach out to Cato. It seems like people are having issues but it’s always hard to tell if that a lot or just a few. With it being most likely a very early build I was a little nervous

#3413 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It probably is one of the first dozen or so? So it might be slightly problematic...hard to say. However they'd been pretty helpful in getting them running it sounds like.

I’m not sure but glad they are helpful

#3415 2 years ago

Where do you download the updated code? Can someone please share a link I can’t find it

#3418 2 years ago

Thanks all!

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

You need to have more plays to make a good judgment (your friend) I can tell you the game WILL have issues regardless but yes, all covered under warranty.

He has over 200 plays so I guess I’ll find out

#3449 2 years ago

I’d be willing to buy one of those if it helps. I don’t have a 3D printer

#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Just letting you all know that I've left the club today - just sold my SV to a local Atlanta collector. Fortunately it is just temporary, as I've decided to buy an LV.
As one of the earlier recipients of a machine (mine was delivered on May 5th), I have had my share of problems. I have witnessed the many improvements that have been made since those earliest "prototype" machines. I have replaced all the boards, the CPU, the monitor, all coils, wiring harnesses, flipper bats, weapon/xeno targets (multiple times). Almost everything under the playfield has been replaced with "upgraded" versions. The machines shipping today are vastly improved from the one I received - and that is the reason I'm in for an LV. This time I'm going to go with a "later run" LV - just to be sure that somebody else is working the kinks out first
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7ea690535f97e50ea16879f4629cea94a0bd4972-1634607146-1800"};
//]]>

FYI my machine has been playing awesome since the last batch of upgrades (v3 targets). I have finally been able to just play the game and enjoy it - and it truly is one of the greatest ever. David Thiel's sound package is unmatched.
Cato is the only reason I'm still a PB customer - from the first time he responded to a support ticket at well after midnight his time - I've had nothing but first class service.
Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their machines, and see you back here when the LV starts shipping.

Awesome, he asked for my address so I assume he is sending v3 targets. I am buying mine used and it’s from the first run as well. The previous owner never registered it and it has about 200 plays. Did yours gradually have problems and you had to replace all that? Or should I be ordering some parts?

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I run numerous Sterns, JJP, Spooky, and even Dutch machines along with all the other stuff I have.
The arcade I own is the largest in the South. Probably 3rd or 4th largest in the country and we put these through the ringer in tournaments as well.
I can tell you Stern games bang for the buck are better at holding up. Is their customer service great? No. Spooky and PB have way better service but just because you have great customer service does not mean your games hold up.
To say it is "my fault and I should know better" is asinine. People don't put a lot of plays on these in their house, so of course they aren't going to have issues.
I am not some random person regardless of thread after thread of game issues with some of these. People complain about coil stops and dimples on the pf when Spooky has opto madness in TNA on a daily basis even to this day in some places and fuse after fuse after fuse holder after wiring after coil after wtf else on Rick and Morty.
Not even going to get into how Pirates of the Carribean was by JJP and that game isn't made for a reason but you know, people still believe JJP for why it is not made when they knew 100% that game was a nightmare for everyone and is a house of cards.

I owned a early build standard POTC. It was route for 2k plays and the only issue was playfield chipping. Not a bad experience at all with my Potc and it’s an awesome playing pin.

This is getting super off topic. You sold your alien because of the issues. If you’re still that pissed go start a thread on the crappy build quality of PB Alien. Then you can have other folks to complain about it instead of trying to convince owners they have a shitty pin. If I start having a bunch of issues with mine I will come join you

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I didn't sell my Alien. I still have it. Running in my arcade.
So yes, I can say anything I want about the topic. This isn't some gestapo shit here. I own the game, I run it on location for people to play on free play.
You fail to see I am trying to keep this running so people can PLAY IT PUBLICLY.
Sorry, the fact of the matter is the game has issues. The company is dealing with it, but this romanticizing of boutique stuff needs to stop.
And you are very lucky on the POTC. Every one of them ends up having the same issues eventually.

Great! Glad to still have you in the club.

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I believe only early adopters have had the majority of the issues. So PB has been resolving problems... and very well in my opinion.
As for the negative Nellies, if someone wants to discuss the problems they're having here, that's fine, but rather than just posting, "My game has problems, life sucks," post the solutions like I and others have done. When someone is just bellyaching all the time, no one wants to listen because it is not helping anyone.

Mine was one of the first ones. There has never been a issue big enough to register it with Cato. Now I have done it to get the v3 targets. It did sound like many had issues in the first batch because he said he was very happy that this is the reason I put in a ticket. I’m moving it down to the basement here in a little bit hope I didn’t jinx myself

#3489 2 years ago

Survived the move to the basement. just played 5 games on it with no issues

FCB3EE14-3D32-46C2-8B83-6E7162B9FA54 (resized).jpegFCB3EE14-3D32-46C2-8B83-6E7162B9FA54 (resized).jpeg
#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So do we have people with a confirmed working game that doesn't need restarted every now and again and is doing what is supposed to do for long periods of time? I was under the impression we did but I dont see a whole bunch speaking up.

What’s a long period of time? I played mine for an hour with no issues. I’ll play it tonight as well.

#3507 2 years ago

Is there any cliffys for this pin? It’s going to start wearing on the out hole. I might put Mylar if there isn’t

#3519 2 years ago

Finally got a decent score after playing alien for 3 hours. Great pin!

2501EFD1-ED25-4333-A189-BF2A64F50424 (resized).jpeg2501EFD1-ED25-4333-A189-BF2A64F50424 (resized).jpeg
#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I received an email from Pinball Brothers this am. All current units shipping this month have fixes for most items called out on their support page in place and all have Gen 3 targets installed. So perhaps this batch will have less issues? i am optimistic.

For sure, there were a lot of pins with minimal issues on the first runs and now they are fixing common issues as they are presented. I just had a v1 target fail last night so I will install a v3 to replace it. They are also sending me the scoop protector and upgraded flipper bats. It’s great to see them backing their product and continuing to address issues.

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I still haven't seen any v3's. Are people just getting them in the mail, or are people opening tickets to get them?

I had to open a ticket for everything. Here is what he said he is sending today

FYI.: List on care package.
5 Weapons targets
2 Xeon Targets
1 Chestburster target
1 Scoope protector
4 Flipper bat's

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

and a topper for all your work.

That would be sweet but sending an ticket was pretty easy. The only real issue I found so far was they wired the optos wrong so my left lane was lock 2 vs left lane exit. It took me 10 mins to figure out. Switch the targets I figure change them as they break

#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wouldn’t it scare the snot out of kids though?

My kids are 7 and 8. The videos are pretty short so they aren’t scared. They like playing it especially when the Alien eats the ball. There is some swearing but they know if they hear that word it’s not acceptable to say and there isn’t much

#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

You know, this brings up a good point. My kids aren't easily scared, but there is the one scene where the chestburster comes out of the cocooned women and my boy (11) was a bit shocked by it. I'd think that scene should probably be suppressed when ADULT CONTENT mode is turned off. I keep ADULT CONTENT mode turned off on mine and it does suppress the profanity, which I do appreciate not exposing myself or my kids to every day. But if it were a perfect world, I'd say that one scene should be suppressed as well. Fortunately, it takes some effort to get through the mode to see that scene, so it doesn't display too easily. But if you have a bunch of kids over at a party and they get traumatized, you'll know why.
I saw Alien when I was in 4th grade. I made it to the "Hear Kitty Kitty" scene before I had to leave in fear. I recall being at school the next day and was pretty traumatized from having made it that far. hahaha

Mine must have adult content off because there really isn’t any swearing. I’ll have to turn it on some night to see the difference

#3721 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, just throwing this out there because I've not seen it mentioned.
I've been working with Cato regarding my Xeno magnet, and he's sending out a care packet, but in addition to that he asked for my report logs. From this he found that the firmware for I/O was on an old version .55 vs .56 and apparently in this newer one has some fixes to the timings on the flippers. Fixing knockdowns, random holds, etc. I had seen a few of these, but figured they'd be adjusted in later software updates. If you are in the early shipments and haven't updated your firmware I would suggest it.

Mine is .55 I looked today. How do I upgrade it?

#3726 2 years ago

Is it possible to put pin stadiums on this?

#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes. I have them on mine and I love them. The flash when you hit the Xeno really adds to the experience.
I went into it thinking I would use green as the ambient lighting but I ended up on blue. Much better and makes the egg pop bumpers stand out more.

Cool, I have a set and wanted to put them on.

I assume it’s easy to install. I just us the wire vs alligator clips

1 week later
#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

I can probably make a guess and say that there isn't THAT many sold yet. I am sure 300-500 maybe. But I think a LOT of people are watching this unfold very closely and not jumping in yet due to how most super early games did have some problems and the company doesn't have a great track record.
I think they also purposely not talking about the LV until they get the SEs actually shipping bulletproof.

It’s interesting because current owners have sold or thought about selling to get an LV. That’s how I got mine and now I’m thinking about getting an LV. My buddies all bought SEs and are on the next two containers being shipped. I’m sure people are scared but i think availability is an issue just like the big Lebowski. I would love one but I don’t feel like waiting 6-8 months. Same for alien, my buddies have waited months for it. The one was q2 delivery and now it’s q4

#3833 2 years ago

I’m trying to update my firmware and it keeps coming back with an unknown update error. Does anyone know what size the file was? The one Cato sent me was 96kb and when I put it to the root of my usb it keeps erroring out

#3835 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Make sure you are doing a System Update and not a Firmware Update. There is no firmware update as of yet (as far as I know.)

2.2d has a firmware update option

7F46B117-30BD-401E-80C0-CA87E2B0D5CD (resized).png7F46B117-30BD-401E-80C0-CA87E2B0D5CD (resized).png
#3840 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

which file are you trying to update. There is a different method required depending on which one you are doing.

Cato figured it out so I’m all set. Thanks!

#3842 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

So what was the problem?

Controller box with no boot loader. They will send me a new one Monday.

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

New code release!
ALIEN 2.3
3 November 2021
Changes from version 2.2:
System Changes
Improved communications from game software to IO controller.
Improved video monitor occasionally not working after power-up.
Reduced coil power for the left eject and trough. Note: if you previously adjusted the power lower via the "Coil Adjustments" menu, we recommend changing these back to "Normal" (no change).
Increase range of coil adjustments from -50% to +50%.
Fixed coil adjustments sometimes not working for low-power coils.
Fixed the power settings on the up-posts, which should make them pop up more reliably.
Starting a new game temporarily disabled while any ball device is in flux.
Fix ball devices not emptying correctly after ball was tilted.
Allow coin door lighting in free play mode.
Fixed a bug that could cause the writing of the log file or audits not to work.
Game Changes
Debounce on the xenomorph targets has been reduced to start the magnet grab faster.
Chestburster Combo (left eject to right magnet lane) can no longer be fooled during multiball, from a ball exiting the pop bumpers at nearly the same time that the left eject fires.
Fix ball saver sometimes expiring early.
Fix 5000 point display during APC mode.
Fixed the extended credits sequence in attract mode cutting off a few seconds early.
Fixed Revive callouts happening during tilt.
Disable letter blinking in enter initials while paging through the alphabet.
Changed the "<" symbol in enter initials to backspace (BACK), to make it more clear that you can make corrections.
Fixed some shots scoring during victory laps when they were not lit.
Fixed the Sentry Guns ready effect on the left eject. It would not always appear depending on other game conditions (usually, during skill shot).

Beat me to it! Excited for another update

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

2.3 not working well for me at all.
Not ejecting ball into shooter lane properly now. It is set to normal. I had flippers die when a ball was draining.
Going back to 2.2d.

I only played a couple of games but I didn’t have any issues

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks for cleaning the glass!
Game was on non stop from Thursday 1pm until sometime after 1am last night.
Expo ended today at 2pm. When I went down in the morning the machine was turned off. Been on 24 hours a day since Thursday and people were playing until 4am Thursday night and Friday night.
When I powered it up I found a ball stuck up by the right upper flipper. First time during the whole show.
I did a switch test to see if any switches needed adjustment and I Found 3 stand up targets by the ramps not activating and they are all on the same node board. Played with the cable but no luck.
Decided to pull the balls and leave on for looks today.
Show was only 10am-2pm anyway.
Ran like a champ up until this morning.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Mine has been running like a champ since I got it. Only targets that broke. I couldn’t update my firmware but i still haven’t installed the controller they sent me because mine plays great.

People keep hearing the noise on here from a few and they think all aliens have issues. I’m glad I took the plunge and bought it. This pin is awesome and PB keeps making it better.

#3956 2 years ago

I got a metal post in my care package. Is it just a back up or does it go somewhere?

#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Probably the metal post that goes in front of the right upper flipper.
The depth of the original wasn't deep enough and caused the post to move around when hit by direct shots and possibly chip or pool that area of the playfield.
The post you got was probably that replacement.

This one?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep that's the one

Ok, I’ll replace it. Seems to be ok right now but better safe than sorry

1 week later
#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I was asking if it's shallow. I didn't get mine yet and never played it so I don't know.
How many modes and video clips for those modes you think there are in total?
Thanks!

its definitely not shallow. You have two movies, 5 modes each and 5 multiballs. That’s 15 things right there.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4136 2 years ago

If they give a date on the LV I’d sell my standard to get the upgrade. It seems like there is a lot of unknowns though so it’s tough to sell it without knowing. If anyone hears anything please post it here

#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

So apparently, for whatever reason, the asking price went up 1200 bucks? Wut?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123708

Shoot, I’d sell mine for the asking price he couldn’t get originally and buy an LV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.