IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcochino6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9976 1 year ago

This is standard bally Williams era parts.

ebay.com link: itm

Quoted from ChipScott:

So I had to open a ticket for something I really have never encountered before.
So I went to realign my lower flippers and as I was tightening them up I noticed that they really wouldn't tighten, the nut just kept turning.... Next thing I knew, the machine screw that's used to cinch the plunger mechanism to the flipper bat shaft had come apart/ disassembled itself...ugh...what the heck!
It appears as though they fixate a thick washer with a pie cut out of it on one end of the cinching screw with a hex nut on the other side. Never seen a set up like that before, and I didn't really care until now. Now I care a lot. Lol.
There is no way to recreate this cinching screw as the washer (with the pie cut) is machined onto the cinching screw shaft and my attempts at using other screws to act in a similar fashion to "make do" in the meantime have failed...
So, I put up a ticket on the PB site as likely am going to need new lower flipper plunger mech and whatever this cinching screw mechanism is that's associated with it. Damn...such a simple thing to put the game out of commission. I'm really disappointed.
In the meantime, I'm wondering if there are other plunger mechs that can work in this machine (stern, B/W, etc). Has anyone else used any other more traditional plunger mechanisms with more traditional looking cinching nuts (used to squeeze that plunger mech to the flipper bat shaft)?
I included a picture of the destroyed cinching mechanism associated with the plunger mechanism, a picture of the machined washer with the pie cut that looks smooth as intended (on one of the upper flippers), and another picture of the other lower flipper where you can see the center of that pie cut washer recessed/not smooth (mind you, this also fell apart moments later, great, right?)
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#10239 1 year ago

Can someone post the details for a fix to make the ball travel down the left ball guide flush with the left upper flipper when the ball is released from the Mu/Th/Ur saucer? I can’t seem to find the detailed post here.

Thanks!

#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I lowered the coil power 30% to that eject and it did the trick for me

I’ll give it a try, thanks!

#10256 1 year ago

I am having issues with my main display on my SV not going to the blue screen at startup. It takes 3-4 restarts to get it to come on. The code screen comes up and the PB logo comes up but then black screen. Game plays with screen blacked out and the small display above the airlock works currently. It seems to be getting worse and I fear it will become permanent!

Anyone else having the issue/have a solution for it?

1 week later
#10416 1 year ago

Anybody have a solution to the spinners rejecting a clean shot into the orbits?

#10418 1 year ago

They aren’t touching any plastics. It is only when the bottom of the spinner points to the flippers that it rejects. It almost seems like the wrong sized spinner in design. If you have more detail on what you did it would be appreciated!

Quoted from Baggerman:

Make sure that the are aligned up and down to the table.... Make sure the spinner arms are not hitting any plastics.. if so you may need to bend or adjust. My unit had the lower end of the spinners facing forward towards the flipper and on a shot it would reject bad.. once i "balanced" the spinners as i suggest the shots are clean and fast.

#10419 1 year ago

Having an issue with my left induction (eddy) sensors. They randomly fire for both revive sensors as well as the weyland inlane. I also have random lighting glitches on the lower left playfield (lights not staying lit for played scenes intermittently). I have resat the connectors to board 2 (as well as switched them around just in case) and I plan on reflowing all through hole solder joints.

Support suggested I buy a new board, but before I do, anyone else have further suggestions on the matter?

#10470 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

Having an issue with my left induction (eddy) sensors. They randomly fire for both revive sensors as well as the weyland inlane. I also have random lighting glitches on the lower left playfield (lights not staying lit for played scenes intermittently). I have resat the connectors to board 2 (as well as switched them around just in case) and I plan on reflowing all through hole solder joints.
Support suggested I buy a new board, but before I do, anyone else have further suggestions on the matter?

Update on this for anyone else having the issue. I reflowed all pins to the interface connector (green wired connector) on board 3 after seeing a cold solder at pin 3. Played three games and and no issues yet. Maybe 3 was my lucky number today

2 months later
#12166 1 year ago

My center magnet stopped working. I’ve tried it in test mode and during the game. It never comes on. It is enabled in the settings and I have reseated all connectors. In the machine. Anyone have any suggestions on what else to try?

#12169 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

First thing you could do is swap the chestburster magnet and see if they swap working/not working. At least that would tell you if it is bad. They aren't hard to take out, I had to change mine early on.

Switched them out. It’s not the magnet that is the problem. I put DMM on the lead and ran the test. Seems like the lead to the center magnet puts out 50 volts when activated which is what am guessing it should be. Both coils show about 4.5 ohms (unplugged)

Any other suggestions?

#12170 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

Switched them out. It’s not the magnet that is the problem. I put DMM on the lead and ran the test. Seems like the lead to the center magnet puts out 50 volts when activated which is what am guessing it should be. Both coils show about 4.5 ohms (unplugged)
Any other suggestions?

Ok I solved it. I traced the yellow and purple lead back to the molex plug under the playfield. I repinned the connector. All good now in case someone else has a similar issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcochino6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=elcochino6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.